First Prev
of 6
Next Last
SITIZENSARREST

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Aug 29, 2011
Why was a Clinton city cop coming east on 163 this morning and had somebody on a motorcycle pulled over in front of Nelson's Greenhouse? I think he's out of his jurisdiction,if it were me when I saw it was a city cop I would have told him to eat a dick and left.Finally a county mountie showed up and they searched the guy and his saddlebags and backpack.no ticket was issued and the 2 sat eating doughnuts while the guy got to pick up all his stuff and put his shirt back on.Your tax dollars at work....
wow

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Aug 30, 2011
you really stayed to watch two cops supposedly sit and eat donuts?
1) in the event any of this happened, you should know that ALL LEOs (law enforcement officers) in Indiana have arrest powers throughout the state, and it's not uncommon to see a city or town officer leave his jurisdiction to respond to a report, or simply respond to something the officer sees while on the road.

2) what are the chances that any of what you posted (once you get into the sat eating doughnuts jokes) actually happened?
Demo89

Indianapolis, IN

#3 Aug 30, 2011
no shit, this is about the stupidest thing i have ever read on here, and that's saying a lot. Are you that bored and pathetic in life that all you have to do is sit and think of ridiculous threads to post? Making fun of Clinton Cops? Wow, how original! GET A LIFE!
clinton unit 1

Terre Haute, IN

#4 Aug 30, 2011
Didn't we just fire a cop for being out of his jurisdiction?
CitizenOnPatrol

Indianapolis, IN

#5 Aug 31, 2011
wow wrote:
you really stayed to watch two cops supposedly sit and eat donuts?
1) in the event any of this happened, you should know that ALL LEOs (law enforcement officers) in Indiana have arrest powers throughout the state, and it's not uncommon to see a city or town officer leave his jurisdiction to respond to a report, or simply respond to something the officer sees while on the road.
2) what are the chances that any of what you posted (once you get into the sat eating doughnuts jokes) actually happened?
No I wasn't just standing around watching Clinton cops eating doughnuts,I was watching from the motel while cooking meth and getting head from your wife.Perhaps I was at Nelson's Greenhouse when this took place,dummy!!!
wow

Indianapolis, IN

#6 Aug 31, 2011
CitizenOnPatrol wrote:
<quoted text>
No I wasn't just standing around watching Clinton cops eating doughnuts,I was watching from the motel while cooking meth and getting head from your wife.Perhaps I was at Nelson's Greenhouse when this took place,dummy!!!
In that post, I think you just proved every point I was trying to make.

And no, Clinton did not fire a cop for going outside his jurisdiction...they fired him for that 3-4 years ago, and it got overturned...yes, he got fired again, but for different things.
Town person

United States

#7 Sep 1, 2011
I hope we charge the county eveytime we go out and cover there runs. We don't have money to protect our town and we are putting miles on the cars we have. The county needs to get there act together and have people on to do there job. And we need the city cops in the city eating donuts in town not out of town
Jerry

AOL

#8 Sep 1, 2011
For all you people with doubts, I did hydro-plane on some jelly in front of Nelson's the other day.

The only problem I have, is that they could have at least called for backup and have the fire department or the guy's with the "blue lights" hose HWY 163 off.

I have contacted IGA to report the excessive use of jelly.

IGA management is cooperating with the problem.
Jelly 1

United States

#9 Sep 3, 2011
Clinton unit #1 Vermillion County....Go ahead "county". Unit 1 i have a report of a large amount of jelly in the roadway near the 63 and 163 intersection, can you check that out. Clear county, i will be enroot after i get done eating my jelly doughnut. County unit 1...go ahead 1...u might wanna dispatch city fire out...there is alot of jelly on 163....unit 1 that is township fires area...negative county i want city fire...they are expirienced with jelly spills in the city

County Twp 801...go ahead 801...county that is our area...801 clinton unit 1 requested city. clear county...tower 81 will be enroot to get a better look at the jelly spill from high above!

Sorry, i just could not help my self....
Jelly 1 over and out!
POS

United States

#10 Oct 1, 2011
So we want to talk about someone being 'out of jurisdiction'?? How about talking about Clinton Township?? I don't know how many times I have seen them running around Clinton in the rescue per hanging out at CFD. And nobody wants to do anything about it!! I couldn't even begin to count the number of miles that Scott puts on that rescue to run around in it. And WHO is paying for the gas?...NOT HIM!! What if something tragic happens to to someone out there because they are too busy cruising Clinton in the rescue? I feel sorry for him because that is just a lawsuit waiting to happen
frank

Indianapolis, IN

#11 Oct 5, 2011
SITIZENSARREST wrote:
Why was a Clinton city cop coming east on 163 this morning and had somebody on a motorcycle pulled over in front of Nelson's Greenhouse? I think he's out of his jurisdiction,if it were me when I saw it was a city cop I would have told him to eat a dick and left.Finally a county mountie showed up and they searched the guy and his saddlebags and backpack.no ticket was issued and the 2 sat eating doughnuts while the guy got to pick up all his stuff and put his shirt back on.Your tax dollars at work....
as long as they have been through the ilea they have arresting powers anywhere in the state....and the county asks them to help through that area anyways....dont do dumb illegal shit and ya wont get pulled over
frank

Indianapolis, IN

#12 Oct 5, 2011
Town person wrote:
I hope we charge the county eveytime we go out and cover there runs. We don't have money to protect our town and we are putting miles on the cars we have. The county needs to get there act together and have people on to do there job. And we need the city cops in the city eating donuts in town not out of town
so how about when we have a domestic battery and county cops come into the city should they charge the city? you pay into city county and state and theyre all out there risking their lives for 30k a year...give them a break theyre doing theyre job to protect and serve nothing wrong with lending a hand so everyone can work together
frank

Indianapolis, IN

#13 Oct 5, 2011
POS wrote:
So we want to talk about someone being 'out of jurisdiction'?? How about talking about Clinton Township?? I don't know how many times I have seen them running around Clinton in the rescue per hanging out at CFD. And nobody wants to do anything about it!! I couldn't even begin to count the number of miles that Scott puts on that rescue to run around in it. And WHO is paying for the gas?...NOT HIM!! What if something tragic happens to to someone out there because they are too busy cruising Clinton in the rescue? I feel sorry for him because that is just a lawsuit waiting to happen
or how about how townshiop covers everything south of vcc so you get called for a structure fire contained to a bedroom and by the time they get a crew there its afully involved fire or you could have sent city to it 1 mile away and saved the house and it would have been safer response instead of going all the way on 163 through clinton and south on main street.....whats wrong with that picture??
One who knows

Indianapolis, IN

#14 Oct 6, 2011
Clinton officer stops at a rural farm, and talks with an old farmer. He tells him, "I need to inspect your farm for illegally grown drugs."
The old farmer says, "Okay , but do not go in that field over there," as he points out the location.
The Clinton officer verbally explodes saying, "Mister, I have the authority of the Federal Government with me." Reaching into his rear pants pocket, he removes his badge and proudly displays it to the old farmer. "See this badge? This badge means I am allowed to go wherever I wish ... On any Vermillion County land, etc. No questions asked or answers given. Have I made myself clear? Do you understand? "
The farmer nods politely, apologizes, and goes about his chores.
A short time later, the old farmer hears loud screams and sees the Clinton officer running for his life chased by the farmers big Hereford Bull......With every step the bull is gaining ground on the officer, and it seems likely that he'll get gored before he reaches safety. The officer is clearly terrified. The farmer throws down his tools, runs to the fence and yells at the top of his lungs.....

"Your badge... Show him your badge!!"
What

Indianapolis, IN

#15 Oct 6, 2011
What farm is in Clinton? Authority of the Federal Government? I get the joke in the form of which it was originally written but the way you changed it does not make any sence or is funny at all. I actually feel dumber from reading it and even dumber for replying to it.
One who knows wrote:
Clinton officer stops at a rural farm, and talks with an old farmer. He tells him, "I need to inspect your farm for illegally grown drugs."
The old farmer says, "Okay , but do not go in that field over there," as he points out the location.
The Clinton officer verbally explodes saying, "Mister, I have the authority of the Federal Government with me." Reaching into his rear pants pocket, he removes his badge and proudly displays it to the old farmer. "See this badge? This badge means I am allowed to go wherever I wish ... On any Vermillion County land, etc. No questions asked or answers given. Have I made myself clear? Do you understand? "
The farmer nods politely, apologizes, and goes about his chores.
A short time later, the old farmer hears loud screams and sees the Clinton officer running for his life chased by the farmers big Hereford Bull......With every step the bull is gaining ground on the officer, and it seems likely that he'll get gored before he reaches safety. The officer is clearly terrified. The farmer throws down his tools, runs to the fence and yells at the top of his lungs.....
"Your badge... Show him your badge!!"
Correction

Indianapolis, IN

#16 Oct 7, 2011
It's sense....not sence. Andy ou are dumb.
Student

Chicago, IL

#17 Oct 29, 2011
Ok, I'll clear it up since I've got nothing better to do. I'm going to school for law and here's what you're missing: As long as an officer has line of sight of a suspect, he can follow him for (almost) an indefinite amount of time. The person was a relative of mine who the officer had it in for, and attempted to follow him home before getting bored and flipping on his lights and pulled him over illegally under a false violation.

I'm astounded no one bothered to look into procedures, local law code and the like before slamming something they didn't understand. No, wait. I forgot I live in Clinton.
clinton resident

United States

#18 Oct 29, 2011
Talk about jurisdiction I saw a Clinton patrol car cruising down 36 on the east side of Bainbridge
clinton resident

United States

#19 Oct 29, 2011
Friday I might add
clinton guy

Indianapolis, IN

#20 Oct 30, 2011
as for the line of sight thing, i think that is wrong. clinton cops are not allowed to patrol in farview,,, dont belive me ask rick l.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clinton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ryan stultz Mon Your Funny 16
News 25 arrested on drug-related warrants (Aug '08) Jul 25 Hhh 37
Lisa Harney Jul 24 Hhh 3
nicole smith Jul 24 Right 7
Beware gas station in main at Jul 24 Uhhhh 9
mike milller Jul 23 its me 7
Are the sharks in Clinton too? (Nov '13) Jul 23 Top cop 20
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Clinton Mortgages