Pizza City... your thoughts

Posted in the Clinton Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
to be or not to be

United States

#1 Dec 10, 2012
Obviously this is because I'm interested in buying the business. So I am looking for honest opinions. Do you like the pizza sauce they use, do you like the service, would you continue to go there is they started serving beer, would you like it open later than 9, would you want it in a new location, sports theme and open 7 days a week... What would make this place better? Or does Clinton just need a new pizza place all together? Please comment, I need feedback and opinions from the public.
To be or knot to be

Clinton, IN

#2 Dec 10, 2012
I personally think that Pizza City's food is great the way it is. They have great service and the staff is very friendly. I'm not sure if changing the atmosphere would necessarily bring in more customers, it seems to be hit or miss in Clinton. I would say that most people were delighted to see the different flavor knots come back after Pizza City was gone for some time and I hate to see them go away again. A new location might help with parking availability and may bring in more customers. It's sad to see yet another business close in Clinton on Main Street. Hope this helps somewhat.
palm facing

Indianapolis, IN

#3 Dec 10, 2012
Change the sauce. Change the dough. Restaff the place. Longer hours. Most importantly, lower the freakin prices! We ate there once. Waited over an hour for our food and grossly over-paid for it.
ok then

United States

#4 Dec 10, 2012
The prices were the reason I didn't go there. If I am going to spend that kind of money to feed my family, I will go to a nice restaurant. They didn't have affordable options.
some things are ok

Crawfordsville, IN

#5 Dec 10, 2012
Idont like their pizzas and do think they are very overpriced,i think the sandwiches are a good price. I think changing hours many times has hurt them alot. I think the location is ok, not alot of parking, but the place isnt that big. Box nachos are awful, taco salad is awful, wings arent that great, bread stix an knots are great. Cant see where serving beer would make or break the business. My downfall on the place was never knowing when they are open.
o my

Crawfordsville, IN

#6 Dec 10, 2012
Why spend 40 + dollars when you can go to papa johns and get it for half.. Sauce isn't good either...keep the knots change everything else..
Common Sense

Brazil, IN

#7 Dec 10, 2012
to be or not to be wrote:
Obviously this is because I'm interested in buying the business. So I am looking for honest opinions. Do you like the pizza sauce they use, do you like the service, would you continue to go there is they started serving beer, would you like it open later than 9, would you want it in a new location, sports theme and open 7 days a week... What would make this place better? Or does Clinton just need a new pizza place all together? Please comment, I need feedback and opinions from the public.
Consistent operating hours. People don't want to wonder if you are open or not. Example; Gerry's on 9th street, never know. After a few misses, your done trying to figure out the schedule.
Mr Business

Brazil, IN

#8 Dec 10, 2012
RUN!......to much competition. Obviously the current owners found this out.
Howard

Clinton, IN

#9 Dec 10, 2012
Prices high?
Italian beef sandwich and chips under $7.Large works pizza $13. Large chef salad $6. The prices aren't too bad really. We ate there several times and found it to be clean, service is acceptable enough. Taco pizza isn't as good as Pizza Inn's was but it was ok. Pizza sauce left something to be desired though.
While I admired his standards of being closed on Sunday, it sure did cut out some of the times I would have ordered food. I do think the location hurt him. A busier area would be better.
Dominos Pizza instead of Papa JOhns would be a winner for this area.
ItalianGambino

Crawfordsville, IN

#10 Dec 10, 2012
Word has it that Gene kelsheimer and Cliff Rigsby are wanting to buy pizza city.
Queenie

Indianapolis, IN

#11 Dec 11, 2012
One thing you could change is the loitering.
If ya open back up, you need another location, its not inviting at all, was ok for Chinese, but not for pizza.
It's sad to be in Clinton, Little Italy town, and the best pizza is at the Caseys gas station.
Best bet would be to just open it around festival time, and serve Italian food, ONLY!
to be or not to be

United States

#12 Dec 11, 2012
The sauce isn't the original that pizza city requires you to serve. He buys it a GFS... Same with his cheese... I think there needs to be longer hours, open on Sunday, back to the traditional sauce, unfortunately the prices are set by the franchise, serve beer with the pizza because who don't like beer with pizza while watching Sunday football? Competition never put him in the position to close the doors, he put himself in that position by other means. However, if its open often and service/food is great.... Why "knot" give it a shot?! I'm not worried about papa johns running us out because from the mouth of their management, they are very close to closing their doors. So more parking, better food quality in certain areas, longer hours... Well noted! I appreciate the input. Also heard Colby Martin and Franc Pirelli are looking at making an offer too!
A Pizza Guy

Dwight, IL

#13 Dec 11, 2012
I liked the original Pizza City fare better than the most recent attempt. Prices were significantly higher than the other competitors. I think people were expecting the "original" Pizza City and were disappointed when this wasn't it. Get a better location and go back to the original product line, and you'll have a winner in Clinton.
Howard

Clinton, IN

#14 Dec 11, 2012
Clinton needs some decent places to eat. The Co-op is decent but plain, the Chinese place is good but how often can you eat that. Benjamins in Clinton is pitiful and they tend to make you feel like you should shovel the food in and get out.
Mr Business

Brazil, IN

#15 Dec 11, 2012
Clinton, many restaurants but nothing to write home about.
sam

Chicago, IL

#16 Dec 12, 2012
Tear down CVS and put it on the property.
Pizza Lover

Terre Haute, IN

#17 Dec 12, 2012
I like where it is people that live down by it can walk there if they want to owners are taking all the good stuff out or moving it makes it hard for the people that walks to go there ya deliver but some like to go there and eat in or look around Clinton is starting to look like a Ghost Town but I agree prices can be cheaper on the stuff I ordered 2 pizza like 2 months ago and almost $50.00 but I do like how there is no delivery fee like Papa Johns has I think the best 2 places I ever ate pizza was called Pizza King in Rockville and Maurizio's in Terre Haute I miss the old P.T. should make a nother place like that
Pizza Lover

Terre Haute, IN

#18 Dec 12, 2012
Pizza City use to be where C.V.S is when I was younger there was houses first then tore them down to build Pizza City and then tore it down to build the C.V.S all Clinton is becoming is a food place nothing else good, count all the resturants Clinton has for a small town
Pete

Crawfordsville, IN

#19 Dec 12, 2012
At least 15 places to eat and that's not counting the gas stations, both bowling alleys, VFW on Friday night and the fundraising dinners held by various organizations. Gerrie's on 9th is probably the best in town.
Restaurants

Terre Haute, IN

#20 Dec 12, 2012
Gerrie's is the best place in town. I will miss Pizza City because the owner was so nice and the place was always clean. We need to stop all the wanna be bars coming to town and get a good restaurant for families and will be able to stay open.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clinton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
kara edwards Mon ron burgandy 26
Benjamin's (Dec '12) Mon DONKEYkongSHLONG 49
Jackie inman Mon look at you 2
Seth falls Sep 24 smokestacks 7
cLamar come on out Sep 22 scottblanchard 39
IN Who do you support for Treasurer in Indiana in ... (Oct '10) Sep 19 party loyalty 98
Casey's in Clinton (Dec '10) Sep 13 who knows 39

Clinton Jobs

Clinton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Clinton News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Clinton

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]