Why do some people get to live above the law?

Posted in the Clinton Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: May 12

United States

#1 Jul 25, 2012
I really don't undestand why the same rules do not apply to everyone?? I think if someone works in the law enforcment field they should hold themselves in a favorable light!! Why just because someone works for the sheriff dept should their families be allowed to abuse the system??
go for it

Linden, MI

#2 Jul 25, 2012
Use names and examples or don't complain.
go for it

Allen Park, MI

#3 Jul 26, 2012
Just as I thought.....chicken...or mety head that got busted and is mad.

Since: May 12

United States

#4 Jul 28, 2012
go for it wrote:
Just as I thought.....chicken...or mety head that got busted and is mad.
. Wow what is a mety head? Or guilty as charged??
More than just an opinion

Danville, IL

#5 Aug 1, 2012
hereinnow wrote:
I really don't undestand why the same rules do not apply to everyone?? I think if someone works in the law enforcment field they should hold themselves in a favorable light!! Why just because someone works for the sheriff dept should their families be allowed to abuse the system??
Most people who enter into law enforcement do so because they were picked on as a child. The badge gives them the moral boost (based on the stereotype that cops are tough men)they need to feel good about themselves. They begin getting attention from women and respect from men that they never received before. They learn how they can and can't monopolize on their rare freedom and begin to feel entitled to it. Some get caught but most learn they can get away with petty things that most of us would be fined for. Their wives and on-the-side girlfriends get to benefit from it too.
Carl

Crawfordsville, IN

#6 Aug 2, 2012
More than just an opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people who enter into law enforcement do so because they were picked on as a child. The badge gives them the moral boost (based on the stereotype that cops are tough men)they need to feel good about themselves. They begin getting attention from women and respect from men that they never received before. They learn how they can and can't monopolize on their rare freedom and begin to feel entitled to it. Some get caught but most learn they can get away with petty things that most of us would be fined for. Their wives and on-the-side girlfriends get to benefit from it too.
LOL....I've always said this and also explains why most have a chip on their shoulder.
One who knows

Indianapolis, IN

#7 Aug 10, 2012
I agree!
REALLY

Brazil, IN

#8 Aug 10, 2012
More than just an opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people who enter into law enforcement do so because they were picked on as a child. The badge gives them the moral boost (based on the stereotype that cops are tough men)they need to feel good about themselves. They begin getting attention from women and respect from men that they never received before. They learn how they can and can't monopolize on their rare freedom and begin to feel entitled to it. Some get caught but most learn they can get away with petty things that most of us would be fined for. Their wives and on-the-side girlfriends get to benefit from it too.
Well written and right on the money!
ONE WHO KNOWS MORE

Brazil, IN

#9 Aug 23, 2012
ONE WHO KNOWS IS A BEOTCH TRYN TO STIR SHIT CONSTANTLY,,,,

“Licensed Fool”

Since: May 12

Not laughing with you...

#10 Aug 26, 2012
More than just an opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people who enter into law enforcement do so because they were picked on as a child. The badge gives them the moral boost (based on the stereotype that cops are tough men)they need to feel good about themselves. They begin getting attention from women and respect from men that they never received before. They learn how they can and can't monopolize on their rare freedom and begin to feel entitled to it. Some get caught but most learn they can get away with petty things that most of us would be fined for. Their wives and on-the-side girlfriends get to benefit from it too.
This is simply not true. The most common reason given for a person becoming a law enforcement officer is that a close relative is also a police officer. If you are aware of some study that shows that children who were bullied grow up to be police officers so that they can pick on others please post a link.

Otherwise I call BS. I bet you got arrested for a crime and you are unhappy about it and this is your petty way of getting revenge by making fun of cops on a web forum.

Since: May 12

United States

#11 Aug 28, 2012
Ok just tell me where do we turn to make a change in our county? Where we can get true help not more B.S?? We have a meth head moving all night long doing crazy shit running his place like a 7/11 am I missing something we pay the taxes & these dope heads get all the benifits??? Did I miss the election? Were there nominee's that I didn't realize?

Since: May 12

United States

#12 Nov 2, 2012
Can someone tell me when religon was an option for our law offical's to withhold???
Granny61

Brazil, IN

#13 Nov 3, 2012
As the mother of a young man trying to become a law enforcement officer the bully statement does not apply. My son has wanted to do this since a child. It is not a well paid job and he puts his life at risk for you!
As for religion what does it matter if they do the job well.
As for the meth dealers have you reported it?
I just wonder how many of you that compain and bitch about our officers would also be the first to bitch and sue if they weren't right there to help when you call.

Since: May 12

United States

#14 Nov 3, 2012
Yes it was reported & as for the officer's that do the job correctly & by the book thank you for your service's & as someone who has been on the law side & the citizen side both just do thing's correctly!!! Please
yourenglishteach er

Indianapolis, IN

#15 Nov 7, 2012
you are not using ('s) correctly
Mr Right

Crawfordsville, IN

#16 Nov 7, 2012
the word service can never be possessive
Common Sense

Brazil, IN

#17 Nov 8, 2012
hereinnow wrote:
I really don't undestand why the same rules do not apply to everyone?? I think if someone works in the law enforcment field they should hold themselves in a favorable light!! Why just because someone works for the sheriff dept should their families be allowed to abuse the system??
You think someone making $8/hour is going to conduct themselves in a proper manner? Living above the law is all they have.
Salary

United States

#18 Nov 9, 2012
Who is making 8.00 an hour?
Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>
You think someone making $8/hour is going to conduct themselves in a proper manner? Living above the law is all they have.
clinton police

United States

#19 Dec 19, 2012
I am making 8.00 an hour
Jerk

Crawfordsville, IN

#20 Dec 19, 2012
Stop acting like the Police. It's not cute or funny. Maybe you should go become a Police Officer so you will feel better about yourself. Seems like a personal problem to me. Respect the men and women in blue!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clinton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Seven Busted in Vermillion County, IN (May '11) Jan 26 really 20
Nicole Smith Jan 25 Wilson 20
Clinton IGA Jan 25 Ellen 23
Reward (Jan '13) Jan 23 415atl 4
Clinton, Indiana Neighborhood Watch (Aug '08) Jan 21 Clintonian 121
junkie hooker SNITCH Jan 20 vjw71 9
Derick Hicks Jan 16 sneak989 2
Clinton Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Clinton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:04 am PST

NFL10:04AM
Richardson was suspended for two Colts playoff games
ESPN10:58 AM
Colts won't commit to RB Richardson for 2015
Yahoo! Sports11:49 AM
League conducts nearly 40 interviews into 'deflate-gate'
Yahoo! Sports11:50 AM
NFL: No decision yet on deflated balls
NBC Sports12:54 PM
Grigson goes silent on NFL investigation into Patriots