Mother, 2-year old die in Clinton fire

Mother, 2-year old die in Clinton fire

There are 8 comments on the WQAD story from Dec 16, 2009, titled Mother, 2-year old die in Clinton fire. In it, WQAD reports that:

The victims of a deadly apartment fire in Clinton overnight have been identified by friends as 22-year old Angel Herman and her 2-year old son Cyrus.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WQAD.

Michele

Knox, IN

#1 Dec 16, 2009
Angel loved Cyrus very much. She was recalled back to work, but she was quitting her job in January to go back to college and further her education so she could better provide for her son. Angel was full of life and extremely nice to everyone. She will be missed very much along with little Cy.
Cassie

Saint Charles, IL

#2 Dec 16, 2009
I did not know either of them but my heart goes out to the friends and family. I will keep you in my prayers and hope God can help you through the difficult time.
Crystal Herman

Redwood Falls, MN

#3 Dec 16, 2009
Angel was my sister, Cyrus my nephew.... I live 2 buildings up from hers. She was an amazing person. I've never met someone so caring, so strong. She was my diary. People, please keep your loved ones close. You never know when something so terrible and destructive could happen. I love you sis, and Cy.
unknown

United States

#4 Dec 16, 2009
Angel is my best friends sister and she was always so great and kind to me when i was at my friends house and as far as i know Angel and her son Cyrus are some of the nicest people i have ever met in my life. she was an amazing person and she was so great. I barely know her but i will miss her from the times i have been at my friends house for the way she acted and treated me and Cyrus was such a lil cutie. God bless them and their family. May they rest in peace.
tig means well

Knox, IN

#5 Dec 17, 2009
Yes this a very tragic stoty (i know her) but you should NOT! use earlier footage of another fire #ya u know the date# that is just wrong!!!(John Stewert would luv this!!) Sereious keep the news REAL!!!!!
Virginia Carmen

Davenport, IA

#6 Dec 17, 2009
Words can only begin to express the feelings and emotions that the family and friends of angel are going thru right now. I can't even begin to imagine! like crystal said, keep your loved ones close and enjoy them, because you never know for sure if or when you will see them again. I know most of the hermans. However, I never got to meet angel, although I know she spent alot of time at my house, because my son use to go out with crystal and he said angel was a very sweet girl. My heart goes out to all who loved her and i am so sorry for your lose.
friend of the family

Adel, GA

#7 Dec 17, 2009
I know little Cyrus' father and his family well. Michael is a wonderful loving father who was always very active and involved with his first born son whom has been wrongfully ripped out of his life. My heart breaks for the pain and suffering this family also endures. My prayers will continue to you all.
misty

Bloomington, IL

#8 Dec 18, 2009
Im not from Clinton area but know the location of the apts in clinton as i have family there in the city, it breaks my heard to see someone so young and her son just starting out with life and have it end so quickly it makes us appreciate what time we have on this earth my heart goes out to the mother and family during this difficult time...Misty

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clinton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
where are the SW;s? Fri slim pickens 1
Al Edfors Apr '16 Steph Johnson 2
News Man who jumped off bridge in Clinton is charged... Apr '16 George Bird 1
News Trey Gowdy Makes His Endorsement of Marco Rubio... Feb '16 spud 5
News On the eve of the Iowa caucuses, Donald Trump m... Feb '16 the real mcCall 3
News Woman Confronts Hillary Clinton About Her Health Jan '16 George D 2
News Mike Huckabee DEFENDS the Duggar family in heat... Jan '16 Question 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Clinton Mortgages