Police make drug bust across two shoreline towns

By News Channel 8's Annie Rourke Posted Feb. 28, 2008 10:30 PM _ Designer drugs and lots of cash. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
shoreline resident

Old Lyme, CT

#1 Feb 29, 2008
Where can I get a list of those arrested?
Cops Are clue less

Old Saybrook, CT

#2 Feb 29, 2008
Controlled all the drugs on the shoreline, you guys have no clue. they were 3 retarded kids that had no clue what they were doing. Did not even come close to controlling all the drugs on the shoreline. Funny just how clue less people really are.
Jimmy5

Greenfield, MA

#3 Feb 29, 2008
Why is this so shocking. We live in a drug culture created by ourselves. Are affluent shore towns any different from the "inner city" except for having more money to spend. Only differance I can see is that Starbucks Coffee,and all "Speed Drinks" etc.etc.are legal "caffeine drugs" promting society to go underground for a "bigger jolt" with cocaine and pills. Bottom line accept the fact that "WE ALL ARE PART OF A DRUG ORIENTATED SOCIETY CREATED BY BIG BUSINESS" to bad they got caught,"legal drugs cost a lot more".
Patrick

Jewett City, CT

#4 Feb 29, 2008
I wonder what connection, if any, there is between this bust and another just a few weeks ago where a large amount of marijuana was found. If these guys were controlling the trade what was the man busted a few weeks ago doing? Was he an employee? Why was the bar where they allegedly ran their business from, not named? If they were running such a large scale operation that supplied the whole shoreline exclusively then certainly there would be some culpability on the part of the bar employees or owner. Seems like there are alot of questions yet to be asked.
Peter Scholes

Newington, CT

#5 Feb 29, 2008
Great Job by law enforcement. If they are found guilty, good riddance to bad rubbish, as the saying goes, and good-bye boys. Spread the word, dealers aren't welcome here
shoreline resident

Old Lyme, CT

#6 Feb 29, 2008
Mr Scholes might feel differently if one of the accused was his child
tina

Woodbury, CT

#7 Feb 29, 2008
GVE ME A BREAK! supplyng the shorelne everyone does drugs! everyone will and can get drugs with or without those kids. your sory is falty and inaccurate. this fight on a rival dealer is so far from the truth, this is why no one watches the news anymore you cant get your facts straigt. someone new will just be "supplyng the shoreline" maybe go after the big business men who are spplying the means for the enrty of the drugs before you come at a small town of kids with nothing better to do with their time then have some fun with some drugs!
omar

Hartford, CT

#8 Feb 29, 2008
open your eyes people. if u think they were running the shoreline, wait until they away away from the shore. all that fake "blood signs" crap is a joke. you tell me what true blood is going to leave the comfort of the inner city to go to the suburbs? nah. things don't work like that.
pablo

United States

#9 Feb 29, 2008
the kids in that area always claim they are part of the "bloods." Why didn't they publish the name of those arrested???? Why weren't they arrested for beating up the competition when it happenend
Rocco

Waterbury, CT

#10 Feb 29, 2008
Jimmy5 wrote:
Why is this so shocking. We live in a drug culture created by ourselves. Are affluent shore towns any different from the "inner city" except for having more money to spend. Only differance I can see is that Starbucks Coffee,and all "Speed Drinks" etc.etc.are legal "caffeine drugs" promting society to go underground for a "bigger jolt" with cocaine and pills. Bottom line accept the fact that "WE ALL ARE PART OF A DRUG ORIENTATED SOCIETY CREATED BY BIG BUSINESS" to bad they got caught,"legal drugs cost a lot more".
"Its too bad they got caught ???? " Yeah.... I guess it is too bad Jimbo. They should of stuck around longer so they could of sold your son /daughter, brother sister or loved one some meth or Heroine so perhaps they can O.D on it. Then have the cops come to your door at 3am just to tell you they found your poor sweet daughter, dead stiff in some hotel room with a neddle in her arm. Just so some Seedy scumbag can make a quick buck and try to get rich fast. You think they care if the person they just sold to is dead ??? They couldnt give 2 shits. "I wonder if youd be saying "its too bad they got caught" then.
There has always been drugs and there will always be drugs. Do I feel bad when someone overdoses on drugs. Not really. I have had friends close to me OD and die on drugs. We tried getting them the proper help numerous times and it didnt work. YOU have to make it wrk. Sometimes you have to HELP YOURSELF. You cant always rely on other people to do things for you. I really feel for the family, because you, as a indivdual that got yourself into this mess, you know what the consequences could be before you started.
These kids who got picked up now, they should be transported down to their local Green (No trial, why waste the tax payers money so some idiot can try fighting by crying the blues saying he was neglected as a child or has some psych problem) and then hung by the testicles as a public display so that all shall see, if you get caught dealing heavy narcotics, you pay heavily. That goes for heinous crimes as well. Scum would wake up after seeing that and my think twice. Unfortunatley that dosent happen here in America, its too barberic. Only in 3rd world countries were their crime rate is wayyyy lower the ours. It works.
These A-holes now will go away in some country club jail, be fed 3 meals a day, get vistors, make phone calls, internet access, TVs, Weights, and dont forget free dental and health that you and I pay. Hey It's America and lets face it. It's only gonna get worse. One drug dealer caught and tonight theres a new one on the street. One big revolving door.
Cops are clue less

Old Saybrook, CT

#11 Feb 29, 2008
You people do not understand, they were not big time they did not control anything, they were some of the smallest drug dealers on the shore line, no names. This whole new report is a joke. The kids really have learning disabilities and were in special ED classes all through middle and High School, they are just stupid. If people think that was a big drug bust they have no idea.

It is funny just how clue less people really are, I wouldn't even called them drug dealers compared to the people that really sell drugs on the shore line
RooK

Clinton, CT

#12 Feb 29, 2008
Rocco wrote:
<quoted text> "Its too bad they got caught ???? " Yeah.... I guess it is too bad Jimbo. They should of stuck around longer so they could of sold your son /daughter, brother sister or loved one some meth or Heroine so perhaps they can O.D on it. Then have the cops come to your door at 3am just to tell you they found your poor sweet daughter, dead stiff in some hotel room with a neddle in her arm. Just so some Seedy scumbag can make a quick buck and try to get rich fast. You think they care if the person they just sold to is dead ??? They couldnt give 2 shits. "I wonder if youd be saying "its too bad they got caught" then.
There has always been drugs and there will always be drugs. Do I feel bad when someone overdoses on drugs. Not really. I have had friends close to me OD and die on drugs. We tried getting them the proper help numerous times and it didnt work. YOU have to make it wrk. Sometimes you have to HELP YOURSELF. You cant always rely on other people to do things for you. I really feel for the family, because you, as a indivdual that got yourself into this mess, you know what the consequences could be before you started.
These kids who got picked up now, they should be transported down to their local Green (No trial, why waste the tax payers money so some idiot can try fighting by crying the blues saying he was neglected as a child or has some psych problem) and then hung by the testicles as a public display so that all shall see, if you get caught dealing heavy narcotics, you pay heavily. That goes for heinous crimes as well. Scum would wake up after seeing that and my think twice. Unfortunatley that dosent happen here in America, its too barberic. Only in 3rd world countries were their crime rate is wayyyy lower the ours. It works.
These A-holes now will go away in some country club jail, be fed 3 meals a day, get vistors, make phone calls, internet access, TVs, Weights, and dont forget free dental and health that you and I pay. Hey It's America and lets face it. It's only gonna get worse. One drug dealer caught and tonight theres a new one on the street. One big revolving door.
Hey jackass.

Read the article.

They were dealing coke, ex and herb. Not effing heroine.
anonymous

Old Lyme, CT

#13 Feb 29, 2008
hey cops are clueless,
i didn't know kids that were in spec ed couldn't be drug dealers. I guess its a job for all the scholars out there. I only buy drugs from harvard graduates.
anonymous

East Glastonbury, CT

#14 Feb 29, 2008
the point that everyone here is missing is that there were 11 people arrested, together, that the police and media are calling associates, and in reality they aren't affiliated with one another...
there are 3 separate cases going on here, that got intertwined and although the reports are over embellished with exaggerations and misconceptions, the base of it all is whether they are harvard scholars, or special ed. whether they are trailer park trash, hood rats or living in mansions in the suburbs....they were doing what they were doing they got caught, yet even the 11 of them combined can't say they were running the shoreline!!!
Cops are clue less

Old Saybrook, CT

#15 Feb 29, 2008
you miss my point anonymous. the cops are making this out to be some big drug bust, and its not by any means. there are a lot bigger drug dealers in the shoreline. these were a group of idiots that talked to much an didn't know what they were doing.

for someone to think this was a big drug bust they are stupid and clueless
Anonymous

East Glastonbury, CT

#16 Feb 29, 2008
look i don't know if any one reading these reports realizes that whether or not the westbrook boys were dealing, but they weren't involved in the assault that took place at the bar!!!!! get it right folks!!
Anonymous

East Glastonbury, CT

#17 Feb 29, 2008
shoreline resident wrote:
Where can I get a list of those arrested?
don't know if you got it yet but, here it is:

The following are the names of those arrested and their charges:

Nelson Diaz, 27, of Westbrook, was charged with three counts of sale of narcotics, one count of sale of narcotics within 1,500 feet of a school, four counts of conspiracy to sell narcotics, possession of narcotics and possession of narcotics with intent to sell. He is bond was set to $200,000.

Michael Panico, 21, of Westbrook, was charged with seven counts of sale of narcotics, seven counts of sale of narcotics within in 1,500 feet of a school, two counts of conspiracy to sell narcotics, possession of narcotics and possession of narcotics with intent to sell. His bond was set at $310,000.

Augustine Panico,25, of Westbrook, was charged with five counts of sale of narcotics and five counts of conspiracy to sell narcotics. He is bond was set to $200,000.

Matthew Morrell was charged with assault in the first-degree, two counts of sale of narcotics and conspiracy to sell narcotics.

Jason Melendez, 22, was charged with assault in the third degree. He was a fugitive from justice, police said. His bond was set at $500,000.

Patrick Massey, 40, of Clinton, was charged with four counts of sale of marijuana.

Chance Grady, 27, of Clinton, was charged with three counts of sale of narcotics and three counts of conspiracy to sell narcotics.
Chelsea Rawlings, 19, of Clinton, was charged with three counts of sale of narcotics.
Eric Stone, 19, of Clinton, was charged with assault in the first degree, sale of narcotics and two counts of conspiracy to sell narcotics.
Joseph Panico, 28, of Westbrook, was charged with possession with intent to sell and possession within 1,500 feet of a school. His bond was set at $100,000.
Samuel Walton, 25, was charged with two counts of sale of narcotics and two counts of conspiracy to sell narcotics.
local guy

Branford, CT

#18 Feb 29, 2008
this story the news put out is so ass bakwards its ridiculous,the kid that got beat down dont sell drugs it was a drunk fight over a girl,theyre not in a gang,they made there decisions n did this over a 9-5 job n they got caught,only 1 of the 10 was really operating regularly out of that bar,they made these guys look so much worse than they really are,no doubt it was illegal n wrong in many ways,but not gang members and there was no rival dealer stepping on turf.
hahahahaha

United States

#19 Feb 29, 2008
what i bunch of loser, sam walton haha, chance grady, u don't get bigger loser than those guys
anonymous

Old Lyme, CT

#20 Feb 29, 2008
anonymous meriden:yes they were involved with the beat down that took place.get your facts straight.
cops are clueless: I definitely think its hilarious that the cops think they took down the biggest drug ring around, you are right that they are a bunch of idiots and losers but my response to you was that whats spec ed have to do with it. We'll see who rats, maybe someone already has that could possibly lead to a bigger drug bust.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clinton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CT Who do you support for Governor in Connecticut ... (Oct '10) Sep 16 Tippy Faulker 792
North Branford Police Arrests for Oct. 22 to Oc... (Nov '12) Sep 5 nbbaseball 2
Asking price cut on Katharine Hepburn's 'paradi... Aug 31 Larry 2
Andrea Mears Aug 29 shoff 1
Can I find the obituary of my ancestors ? Jul '14 luclor97 1
All Fired Up: Traveling Roadside Barbecue Jul '14 ForJustice 1
Sex offender for Foley Jun '14 firstone 1
•••
•••

Clinton Jobs

•••
•••
•••