No one needs ten bullets to kill a deer

No one needs ten bullets to kill a deer

There are 218 comments on the Wizbang story from Jan 9, 2013, titled No one needs ten bullets to kill a deer. In it, Wizbang reports that:

So sayeth New York Governor Andrew "Son of Mario" Cuomo in his State of the State speech today as he railed against the semi-automatic rifles with a detachable magazine politicians refer to as assault weapons and high-capacity magazines used in said assault weapons and many modern handguns.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wizbang.

History Guy

AOL

#47 Jan 14, 2013
shameless-li wrote:
<quoted text>
your response will go over most people head here....they think the second amendment says it's OK to buy a gun and shoot anybody.
"Amendment II
A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."
Any time we try to get into the minds of what the Framers of the Constitution meant when they wrote it, we have an argument.
Remember, the First Ten Amendments were written and adopted a few years after the Constitution was written. Most of the Founding Fathers didn't think you needed to spell out what rights the citizens had, because if they weren't listed, then that right could be denied. The first 10 actually are things the government can't do or take away from the citizens.
The 2nd Amendment is not as clear cut as we think. It can be confusing because it mentions a militia first, then the rights of the citizens. Soembody sees that and says, "No, they meant guns only for a militia." Somebody else says, "No, the meant its ok for the people to own guns. I'm staying away from that.
Shoot to Kill

Lindenhurst, NY

#48 Jan 14, 2013
taxed enough already wrote:
<quoted text>
We have come to know you well, Lindie.
I'm sure that we would ALL advise you to get up close and use a butter knife.
When I want your advice I will beat it out of you.(with a spoon)
The Stinker

Benton, KY

#49 Jan 14, 2013
Shoot to Kill wrote:
<quoted text>
When I want your advice I will beat it out of you.(with a spoon)
If that doesn't work, beat him to death with a feather duster.
Melvin Purvis

AOL

#50 Jan 14, 2013
Baby Face Nelson wrote:
I make a living with guns. Ain't nobody, even J.Edgar Hoover and his G-men going to take my tommy gun. I know the G-men killed Ma Barker and her gang, John Dillinger, Pretty Boy Floyd and Machine Gun Kelly is in the pen, but they ain't going to get me. I ain't going to end up like Bonnie and Clyde.
All this stuff about constitutional rights I reads about is right. No government got a right to take my tommy gun away. And they ain't going to make us registar our guns. If they do that people will be careful with their guns and I can't buy or steal the guns that I need.
And remember this. I got a house too. I need my tommy gun, the sawed off shotgun, and my 6 pistols to protect myself.
Truth is Dillinger would rob most of his guns from police stations. Lester Gilles never went by the name Baby Face. That name was given to him by a woman that he tried to rob. He hated that name and nobody ever called him that to his face, or they'd end up with a slug in their gut.
Jose

Kent, WA

#51 Jan 15, 2013
therealricky wrote:
That's too childish a remark to even respond to.<quoted text>
Don't be scared. Make your case.
Obskeptic

Livonia, MI

#52 Jan 17, 2013
History Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Any time we try to get into the minds of what the Framers of the Constitution meant when they wrote it, we have an argument.
Remember, the First Ten Amendments were written and adopted a few years after the Constitution was written. Most of the Founding Fathers didn't think you needed to spell out what rights the citizens had, because if they weren't listed, then that right could be denied. The first 10 actually are things the government can't do or take away from the citizens.
The 2nd Amendment is not as clear cut as we think. It can be confusing because it mentions a militia first, then the rights of the citizens. Soembody sees that and says, "No, they meant guns only for a militia." Somebody else says, "No, the meant its ok for the people to own guns. I'm staying away from that.
That would be a result of all that excellent, union public education system we have today that fails to teach our history and what our founders meant. They wrote volumes about what they meant. They were crystal clear their intent. They DID NOT TRUST GOVERNMENT! They trusted the PEOPLE!
No vote for you

Lindenhurst, NY

#53 Jan 17, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be a result of all that excellent, union public education system we have today that fails to teach our history and what our founders meant. They wrote volumes about what they meant. They were crystal clear their intent. They DID NOT TRUST GOVERNMENT! They trusted the PEOPLE!
And how do you explain the electoral collage?
Obskeptic

Livonia, MI

#54 Jan 17, 2013
No vote for you wrote:
<quoted text>
And how do you explain the electoral collage?
Because in the early founding decades we were starting our "nation of immigrants" influx, and the college was established as a check and balance to the potential of foreign operatives coming here and wresting some control over who is placed in office. They wanted to insure that no undue influence could alter the direction of the new land away from its new constitution.
The Loon He Always Right

Lindenhurst, NY

#55 Jan 17, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
Because in the early founding decades we were starting our "nation of immigrants" influx, and the college was established as a check and balance to the potential of foreign operatives coming here and wresting some control over who is placed in office. They wanted to insure that no undue influence could alter the direction of the new land away from its new constitution.
So to protect us from the Irish? I could see that.
Say the Truth

Lansdale, PA

#57 Jan 18, 2013
shameless-li wrote:
no one need ten bullets to kill a deer is a true statement, only someone who needs to prove his manhood would shoot bambi 10 times....
no one here in society, needs to have better weapons than are supplied to our troops and our own law enforcement. that would only be common sense....
no need to do away with guns, but just separate the certain guns that are used for protection, and others that just kill.
What a freaking Kool-aid drinking idiot. You think an AR is superior to what LEOs have available to them? And the military?

What,in your brilliant mind, separates a gun used for "protection" and "others that just kill"? The number of bullets in the magazine? So if the count is below some arbitrary number, it "protects" but equal to or greater than that means it's only designed to be used by maniacs to slaughter the defenseless?

The UTTER STUPIDITY of leftist morons like yourself is never ceases to amaze.
Say the Truth

Lansdale, PA

#59 Jan 18, 2013
shameless-li wrote:
<quoted text>
who is this "us" you speak of???
you, yourself, and yourself again...
"Us" = anyone with a functioning brain. Obviously you are not included in that category.
Say the Truth

Lansdale, PA

#60 Jan 18, 2013
Its not about deer Andy wrote:
Who cares how many bullets I need to kill a deer? It's about stopping murders, rapists - and TYRANTS!
In WWII, infantrymen fired more than 2500 bullets for every enemy they hit. If Andy Cuomo was in charge of D-Day, we would all be goose-stepping.
Nice try, Andy. Why don't you tell us how many rounds YOUR security detail carries?(About 4000-5000) And tell us what kind of weapons they carry in the support vehicle.(Automatic medium machine guns, grenade launchers, military shot-guns)
Do you pack all that just to shoot a deer?
If Andy was in WWII, he's be sucking the farts out of Il Duce's chair.
Say the Truth

Lansdale, PA

#61 Jan 18, 2013
What about a Bear wrote:
How many bullets cam i have to kill a grizzly bear? Or should I just use my Bowie knife?
Only 7. The Clown Prince of New York has so decreed.
Say the Truth

Lansdale, PA

#62 Jan 18, 2013
shameless-li wrote:
<quoted text>
your response will go over most people head here....they think the second amendment says it's OK to buy a gun and shoot anybody.
"Amendment II
A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."
Hey dummy, what part of " the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed" don't you understand?
Say the Truth

Lansdale, PA

#63 Jan 18, 2013
shameless-li wrote:
<quoted text>
just like the neighborhood watch.
george zimmerman shot trevon martin with his gun, was that right?
no.
it's not a black or white issue.
zimmerman was known to have problems previously.
if he didn't have a gun that night and just followed and watched martin. if he thought he was up to something, he should have called the police to "report" it, NOT act on it, one person would't be in jail right now and another wouldn't be dead.
the football player who shot his baby's momma 9x when he was drunk, might not have done that either if he didn't have a gun.
everyone has a right to "protect" themselves.(yes, i said)
if people want to have a gun for protection, that's up to them, it's fine with me. i'm more concerned about the type of guns (auto's/semi's, etc) they want.
military grade weapons should not be allowed in any private home or use for any private citizen.
Explain, Armorer, what "military grade weapon" are you saying shouldn't be allowed?
Say the Truth

Lansdale, PA

#64 Jan 18, 2013
History Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
The Militia referred to in the document meant, and STILL means, an armed citizenry, not a "special" group sanctioned by officials. Pretty obvious.
Say the Truth

Lansdale, PA

#65 Jan 18, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
An out of control Government is what caused the Revolution.
Obskeptic

Livonia, MI

#66 Jan 18, 2013
Say the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
An out of control Government is what caused the Revolution.
And fast forward to today, where we have a President and a congress with as much credibility and honor as Lance Armstrong. The liberals all love this President though because he is THEIR cheater and liar, so of course, that makes it OK. I love my country, but I fear my President and what he intends to do with it.
buyer

Elkview, WV

#68 Jan 18, 2013
Now that your Governor has decreed all you Naw yawkers idiots,and not mentally capable of having, hi-capacity mags and certain weapons. Bring them to me I will give you ten cents on the dollar for them. Us dumb hill-billies in WV ,can still own them.
Kitty

Somerset, KY

#69 Jan 18, 2013
Those gun.owners go crazy when their stinking rights are threatened!. They need to consider the rest of us Americans rights. Like abortion and same sex marriage. Those gun rights people are selfish, pigs who only care about their stinking selves!!!.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clinton Corners Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 4 min Paul Yanks 319,125
News Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 15 min Bruser 8,000
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 16 min Paul Yanks 36,317
Time to go? 27 min Sigh 2,195
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 37 min Forrest 10,519
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 38 min Forrest 12,139
Poll Who weighs more? 3 hr Paul Yanks 57
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Clinton Corners Mortgages