Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 313659 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#283642 Feb 12, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Just admit you have no self-control and that you like to play victim,
Oh the IRONY!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#283643 Feb 12, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Big mistake for any PLer to share anything personal here, and for your own good, don't ever get suckered into e-mailing with them, Especially that Foo poster. We've all seen what she does to people who e-mail with her.
ROFLMAO Funny, I've emailed with MOST people here - on BOTH sides of the issue at one time or another and not ONE of them has had a problem with my emailing with them.

YOU havent had a problem either. I asked if you'd allow me to post what would be further proof of your mutually abusive relationship, and you're too cowardly to allow that.

ANYONE had me misuse any PM or email EVER? Anyone? ANYONE?

LOL Piss off Lynniekins. You just cant HELP yourself with starting shit where none exists. Typical of you really.
Katie

Auburn, WA

#283644 Feb 12, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Katie, it seems we all have a problem with lashing back, when others call us names. I cheated on my wife, and it is something I'm not very proud of, but I also don't feel like wearing the big A on my chest either. I brought out my affair, and the fact about the child, becouse of my story of salvation.
Umkay...? Havve Iever rubbed your nose in it? Even once?
If I were to meet you, Ocean, elise, long night moon, cpeter, foo, or any other pro choice person, I'm sure we would be able to have a good conversation.
Maybe. But your goal is to steal women's civil rights. Not just mine or Coeans, Elise's, LNM's, or Foo's, but our descendants, too. You have a daughter. You are trying to steal her rights away, too. Before you even have an opportunity to need these.

You are aware that Roe v Wade also protects women from forced abortion, right? That reproductive decisions belong with the person deciding; not the gov't, not the clergy, not nosy parkers like you.
I like each and every one of you, but only disagree with your abortion stance.
Having said that, I also admit that I was for, and would have choose abortion at one time in my life.
Are you a woman then?
I have no doubt that you each are great people, and do many good things.
Most of you truly believe in what you believe, but so do I and others.
I asked you if you considered the aborting of a viable fetus as murder, and really would like to know.
Ocean defends those who need no defence. Those who want to be all alone, without marriage or kids are free to do so, but if a woman is wanting to be sexualy active and all alone at the same time, she runs the risk of having to stop a tiny heart from beating, in order to live the way she wishes.
It doesn't matter if I think aborting a viable fetus is murder or not. I am not the one having to make that difficult choice for reasons I am not privy to, but usually involves a life or two at stake.

For a group that likes to compare pregnancy to conjoined twins, how come nobody comments on when the weaker twin is allowed to die so the stronger one can live?
Katie

Auburn, WA

#283645 Feb 12, 2013
wow, sorry for the typos. hope people can get what is meant.
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#283646 Feb 12, 2013
Where is His Gayness?
Forum

Hobbs, NM

#283648 Feb 12, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
You tell me how often a baby survived a hundred years ago with only have 50% capacity for exchanging gases without any artificial life support. How prevalent was that prior to using to modern technology (even if it just meant mouth to mouth on the struggling newborn)?
To read Doc's posts (i won't even bother with yours), one would think a physician would determine fetus may have 50% chance or better at exchanging gases on its own, birth it prior to its due date, put it on ALS, and there will always be a happy ending. What Doc doesn't or won't take into consideration is that if the newborn doesn't survive, even will all it seemed to have going for it, then it wasn't viable. His postings, his thoughts, his understanding of how ALS is used, belies the fact he doesn't get it.
And I'm cool with that. Y'all can just keep your lame name-calling to yourselves. And if you don't like others doing it, you're only being hypocritical when you do it to others.
But, hey, I'm cool with y'all showing your true colors.
Aren't doctors and nurses just a joke. I am sure my grandmother
had her twelve babies at home without a doctor cutting her
or putting chemicals in her. These men just enjoy hurting women.
No one knows how they hurt our babies. God knows.
Anonymous

United States

#283649 Feb 12, 2013
Katie wrote:
wow, sorry for the typos. hope people can get what is meant.
They can read mine, so they can read yours. Lol

I believe it does matter what you think of aborting a viable fetus.

I'm not out to take away anyones rights, but I don't believe aborting an otherwise healthy baby,just becouse, is not right and shouldn't be a right.

Scott Peterson thought he has a right, to live a selfish life,AFTER his wife was with child.

He must live with his choice, as do we all.

As far as his kid was concerned, I see no difference in what he did, and what a doctor does to an otherwise healthy unborn baby.
Katie

Auburn, WA

#283650 Feb 12, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
They can read mine, so they can read yours. Lol
I believe it does matter what you think of aborting a viable fetus.
I'm not out to take away anyones rights, but I don't believe aborting an otherwise healthy baby,just becouse, is not right and shouldn't be a right.
Scott Peterson thought he has a right, to live a selfish life,AFTER his wife was with child.
He must live with his choice, as do we all.
As far as his kid was concerned, I see no difference in what he did, and what a doctor does to an otherwise healthy unborn baby.
Late and later term abortions are not the norm. These account for less than 2% of all annual abortions.

Neither do these compare to murder. It is illegal to abort late and later term without cause. Most states have restrictions and strict guidelines to follow.

It doesn't matter if I find it revolting and would not choose it for myself. It doesn't matter if a woman learns late in a wanted pregnancy her fetus is doomed and she decides it is better to abort. Neither does it matter if she is induced prematurely, births a doomed baby, only to watch it until it dies. These things happen outside your control, outside my control, outside the general public's control. Who do you think you are to control these personal, private medical matters?

I mean really?

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#283651 Feb 12, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I've been told that before. Lol
I didn't know why you kept on and on over one post, but after dealing with foo, I now fully understand why you did what you did.:)
It seems she looks for any opportunity to call someone a liar.
I'm sure you realize that everything on here is a 2 ways street. Foo admitted to being a drug addict in her past and she takes plenty of insults for that bit of personal information. Ocean has been honest about her feelings on motherhood and the PL get on her like a pack of hyenas on an antelope. CD discussed his divorce and has been getting trashed by some PLers on here ever since. And look what happens to Cpeter for being open about his sexuality.

And any PCer on here who has admitted to having an abortion gets bashed repeatedly by self-righteous PLers.

Sounds like one hell of a double-standard to me.
Obskeptic

Oak Park, MI

#283652 Feb 12, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
You tell me. I use name-calling very little here. Usually dish it back after it's been dished out to me. What the opposition does is hold the entire group of PC people responsible for a couple or few posters. It's disgusting.
Last year, when I was wrongly accused of supporting infanticide, I stuck it to 'em and they trot this out as if it was current. Even though I refrain from using the same phrase, there are a couple (or one poster under different SNs) who keep rubbing my face in it.
So you tell me. Above you chastise me when I am standing up for myself. You want me to cringe into the woodwork and get walked on like a doormat?
No, of course I don't want you to cringe and back away from the debate. I want you to defend your position with the passion that you demonstrate, even if i disagree with it. The unfortunate reality of this computer interaction is that it coarsens the debate in way that is very unproductive. The anonymity allows for some to be extra mean, and extra rude. Trust me, defending a conservative opinion opens you up to some of the forums most arrogant,vicious, and I must add, ignorant and juvenile. It's more fun then watching TV for me, and I am not afraid to offer up my opinion. Like on abortion Katie. I think its killing a baby. My wife and I have two children. The first, my daughter, was not planned, we were not married. Its 26 years later and I have a beautiful daughter that loves us, and thats how it worked out for me. No regrets.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#283653 Feb 12, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Umkay...? Havve Iever rubbed your nose in it? Even once?
<quoted text>
Maybe. But your goal is to steal women's civil rights. Not just mine or Coeans, Elise's, LNM's, or Foo's, but our descendants, too. You have a daughter. You are trying to steal her rights away, too. Before you even have an opportunity to need these.
You are aware that Roe v Wade also protects women from forced abortion, right? That reproductive decisions belong with the person deciding; not the gov't, not the clergy, not nosy parkers like you.
<quoted text>
Are you a woman then?
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter if I think aborting a viable fetus is murder or not. I am not the one having to make that difficult choice for reasons I am not privy to, but usually involves a life or two at stake.
For a group that likes to compare pregnancy to conjoined twins, how come nobody comments on when the weaker twin is allowed to die so the stronger one can live?
Excellent points.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#283654 Feb 12, 2013
Guppy wrote:
Where is His Gayness?
Getting ready to resign.
Obskeptic

Oak Park, MI

#283655 Feb 12, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure you realize that everything on here is a 2 ways street. Foo admitted to being a drug addict in her past and she takes plenty of insults for that bit of personal information. Ocean has been honest about her feelings on motherhood and the PL get on her like a pack of hyenas on an antelope. CD discussed his divorce and has been getting trashed by some PLers on here ever since. And look what happens to Cpeter for being open about his sexuality.
And any PCer on here who has admitted to having an abortion gets bashed repeatedly by self-righteous PLers.
Sounds like one hell of a double-standard to me.
Its a tough crowd on both sides. Some folks play pretty rough for sure. I get mocked for my faith, and I poke back. I can tell you though that I pray for those who have been alone to face that decision, that choice, and felt that killing their child was the only choice. Its a decision you cant change your mind about once its done, and if it gets in your head in a bad way, can take a long time to put away somewhere in your mind so you can deal with it. You never really move on from that even if you tell yourself you have. To go on and have kids and to experience how beautiful and special they are can add to the pain in your soul.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#283656 Feb 12, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
Its a tough crowd on both sides. Some folks play pretty rough for sure. I get mocked for my faith, and I poke back. I can tell you though that I pray for those who have been alone to face that decision, that choice, and felt that killing their child was the only choice. Its a decision you cant change your mind about once its done, and if it gets in your head in a bad way, can take a long time to put away somewhere in your mind so you can deal with it. You never really move on from that even if you tell yourself you have. To go on and have kids and to experience how beautiful and special they are can add to the pain in your soul.
I think we all have decisions in our past that are difficult to get over. We try to rewrite our history with "what if" and "if only" thoughts. If you believe in God, and if you believe God creates, then you might think the z/e/f is not really gone forever and that God would find a more suitable situation and the person the z/e/f was meant to be gets another chance.
Katie

Auburn, WA

#283658 Feb 12, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
No, of course I don't want you to cringe and back away from the debate. I want you to defend your position with the passion that you demonstrate, even if i disagree with it. The unfortunate reality of this computer interaction is that it coarsens the debate in way that is very unproductive. The anonymity allows for some to be extra mean, and extra rude. Trust me, defending a conservative opinion opens you up to some of the forums most arrogant,vicious, and I must add, ignorant and juvenile. It's more fun then watching TV for me, and I am not afraid to offer up my opinion. Like on abortion Katie. I think its killing a baby. My wife and I have two children. The first, my daughter, was not planned, we were not married. Its 26 years later and I have a beautiful daughter that loves us, and thats how it worked out for me. No regrets.
Great. But your experience is not every woman's experience. Are you wanting to be every woman? There are some here who base their arguments on their myopic little world as if nothing ever happened to anyone that didn't happen to them first. Are you that way, too?

I have daughters. And granddaughters.
Katie

Auburn, WA

#283659 Feb 12, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
Its a tough crowd on both sides. Some folks play pretty rough for sure. I get mocked for my faith, and I poke back. I can tell you though that I pray for those who have been alone to face that decision, that choice, and felt that killing their child was the only choice. Its a decision you cant change your mind about once its done, and if it gets in your head in a bad way, can take a long time to put away somewhere in your mind so you can deal with it. You never really move on from that even if you tell yourself you have. To go on and have kids and to experience how beautiful and special they are can add to the pain in your soul.
Have you had an abortion? Do you really know what it's like? What pregnancy is like? What a high-risk pregnancy is like? A miscarriage? I mean a man can empathize to a point. But only to a point. Even the old Bill Cosby claim of pulling your lower lip over your head doesn't *really* explain it.
Katie

Auburn, WA

#283660 Feb 12, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think we all have decisions in our past that are difficult to get over. We try to rewrite our history with "what if" and "if only" thoughts. If you believe in God, and if you believe God creates, then you might think the z/e/f is not really gone forever and that God would find a more suitable situation and the person the z/e/f was meant to be gets another chance.
That's a nice a sentiment, LNM.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#283661 Feb 12, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
No, of course I don't want you to cringe and back away from the debate. I want you to defend your position with the passion that you demonstrate, even if i disagree with it. The unfortunate reality of this computer interaction is that it coarsens the debate in way that is very unproductive. The anonymity allows for some to be extra mean, and extra rude. Trust me, defending a conservative opinion opens you up to some of the forums most arrogant,vicious, and I must add, ignorant and juvenile. It's more fun then watching TV for me, and I am not afraid to offer up my opinion. Like on abortion Katie. I think its killing a baby. My wife and I have two children. The first, my daughter, was not planned, we were not married. Its 26 years later and I have a beautiful daughter that loves us, and thats how it worked out for me. No regrets.
I have a son that I have never regretted having. He is my pride and joy. I had an abortion that I never regretted having, also. It's not a source of pride, of course, but it isn't one of shame, either. We women do what is the right thing for each of us.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#283662 Feb 12, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Getting ready to resign.
Clever, but snide. Funny!
feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

#283663 Feb 12, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
They can read mine, so they can read yours. Lol
I believe it does matter what you think of aborting a viable fetus.
I'm not out to take away anyones rights, but I don't believe aborting an otherwise healthy baby,just becouse, is not right and shouldn't be a right.
Scott Peterson thought he has a right, to live a selfish life,AFTER his wife was with child.
He must live with his choice, as do we all.
As far as his kid was concerned, I see no difference in what he did, and what a doctor does to an otherwise healthy unborn baby.
You don't or can't grasp that 1 in 4-5 pregnancies does not result in a live birth. I guess your God gets a free pass from you wacko, judgemental fundies when he decides to snuff a potential life out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clinton Corners Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... 6 min 10 Washes Balls 4 U 2,931
IMPEACHMENT - I am So Tired of Waiting ! 9 min Minister Of infor... 16
Must see Trump TV 10 min 2 Dogs 3
Topix Human Sexuality Forum Discontinued (Jun '16) 12 min Mike Litoris 1,088
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 28 min Shooter McGavin 17,803
Rangers talk back (Oct '07) 33 min R Kramden 7,785
More Democrat hypocrisy - UCLA Tennessee trav... 44 min Brown Jerry 2

Clinton Corners Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Clinton Corners Mortgages