Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310376 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#277950 Jan 18, 2013
Tondaleyo wrote:
If you knew anything about Catholicism, you sure wouldn't be a pagan.
Knutter, for MOST that have left your version of faith, its BECAUSE they know more about it than you do.
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#277951 Jan 18, 2013
Chick Brilliance Returns wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I have to take that back about it being funny. It is nasty and disgusting. I hope that isn't RC talking to Foo like that.
It is disgusting. I agree. The big smile was pure exuberance at seeing you here. I was really worried. About you and yours ... Mr. Cutie Pants...

Location hidden

#277952 Jan 18, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
You did not "explain" anything. This is just a list. I've not met anyone who can actually "explain" this trinity, and to me it makes no sense at all.
And as USUAL for the Skank, she runs away when she backs herself into a corner.

Tomorrow or Monday it'll be back (if not before under a different name and pretending NOT to be her) and pretending NONE of this "discussion" EVER happened.
Gtown71

United States

#277953 Jan 18, 2013
Imagine my surprise at stopping in and finding Loony Lynne D still posting mindless gibberish thinking she is saving "little ones" from abortion. LOL. Seriously, Lori, GO OUT SIDE.
Hello to my friends. One month has passed. We are getting through it. Still incredibly difficult. The press left, the streets are quiet again, everyone is laid to rest, but the reality lives on. I drive past the Sandy Hook memorial every day and soon will muster the courage to stop in. I am also very familiar with Webster, NY 14580. The gun violence MUST STOP. I do hope you are all lobbying your representatives for strict gun control every single day until the laws are passed. I do not have to because, well, they are all ON IT.
Roe V Wade here to stay! Pro-Choice IS Pro-life.
Love to you all.
It's kinda an oximoron, for someone to be abortion rights, while they try and take away rights to gun owners.

We know for certain if they do pass tougher gun laws, then it will cut back on gun violence. Not!

If you didn't notice, the guy that did this horrible thing walked right through all the gun laws we have now.
Chick Brilliance Returns

Avon, CT

#277954 Jan 18, 2013
Kathwynn wrote:
Welcome back, Chicky.:)
Thank you. Good to see you.

Location hidden

#277955 Jan 18, 2013
Kenose wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you want to speculate as to God willing something to exist....
How do you know the abortion was not Gods will?
They NEVER answer this.
Chick Brilliance Returns

Avon, CT

#277956 Jan 18, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
It is disgusting. I agree. The big smile was pure exuberance at seeing you here. I was really worried. About you and yours ... Mr. Cutie Pants...
They are beautiful, brilliant and happy, all three. He is that age tho. Couldn't wait to get my hands on him after it happened. I nanny for a Newtown first grader and got all the automated calls on my phone. I was off that day and it was pure panic until I knew what school it was. Then it was just devastation. Now there are police from other towns standing guard at the schools every day.

My daughter and hubby just bought their first home and he just landed a better job. No worries, there.:-)

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#277957 Jan 18, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>And as USUAL for the Skank, she runs away when she backs herself into a corner.
Tomorrow or Monday it'll be back (if not before under a different name and pretending NOT to be her) and pretending NONE of this "discussion" EVER happened.
That must come straight out of the fundie playbook because I think they all use the disappear/evade strategy.
Chick Brilliance Returns

Avon, CT

#277958 Jan 18, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's kinda an oximoron, for someone to be abortion rights, while they try and take away rights to gun owners.
We know for certain if they do pass tougher gun laws, then it will cut back on gun violence. Not!
If you didn't notice, the guy that did this horrible thing walked right through all the gun laws we have now.
What gun laws? He had his mothers legally purchased guns that he was legally trained to use.

You do not have a right to a semi-automatic gun. Where does that right exist? Where do you have a right to high capacity clips?

Where is your evidence that gun control laws do not reduce gun violence?

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#277959 Jan 18, 2013
It's just a way early christians tried to reconcile different aspects of their deity. Many religions have triune gods or goddesses:
http://www.heraldmag.org/olb/Contents/doctrin...
<quoted text>
You did not "explain" anything. This is just a list. I've not met anyone who can actually "explain" this trinity, and to me it makes no sense at all.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#277960 Jan 18, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>And as USUAL for the Skank, she runs away when she backs herself into a corner.
I notice Sassy did not address this post...

LNM "Tell me...is it "bigotry" when fundies are gleefully attacking Bitner and Kathwynn's Wicca religion? Is it bigotry when fundies like TomTom say they worship trees, fairies, unicorns and Harry Potter? Is it bigotry when fundies stereotype us atheists as bad "evil" people because we don't believe in your god? When they say we're selfish and choose not to believe in God just so we can live depraved lifestyles as if an atheist can't be a good person? Is that bigotry Sassy?"

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#277961 Jan 18, 2013
<quoted text>
They are beautiful, brilliant and happy, all three. He is that age tho. Couldn't wait to get my hands on him after it happened. I nanny for a Newtown first grader and got all the automated calls on my phone. I was off that day and it was pure panic until I knew what school it was. Then it was just devastation. Now there are police from other towns standing guard at the schools every day.
My daughter and hubby just bought their first home and he just landed a better job. No worries, there.:-)
Hello. Glad to see all is well with you.
Gtown71

United States

#277962 Jan 18, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly! And at the end of the day, if a woman wants an abortion, she WILL abort whether its legal or not. History proves this.
Exactly! If a person wants to kill with a gun, they will, if it's legal or not. History proves it!:)
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#277963 Jan 18, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not mocking Christ, I AM however mocking YOU.
WHy are you deflecting? ANSWER THE QUESTION Skankdawg. What are you afraid of?
You've already said you dont believe your jesus is g-d, so why SHOULDN'T I ask what your version of "faith" says about the so called virgin?
This is the second time that I'm asking you. Please answer.

Where is the post where I supposedly said that Jesus isnt God.

Kthanks in advance.

While you're at it, show me a post of yours where you are "asking your version of "faith""" "
Chick Brilliance Returns

Avon, CT

#277964 Jan 18, 2013
<quoted text>
Hello. Glad to see all is well with you.
Hi, LMN, good to see you. Hope all is well with you.
Gtown71

United States

#277965 Jan 18, 2013
Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
Bitner, is right. You are a drama queen.
First, I do not hate you. I do not even know you. past your nick and what you have posted here.
President Obama religion is not important to me.
When you showed that you are narrow minded, religious bigot, impotent control freak of a christian. You joined a brawl that has been ongoing for years.
**shrugs**
If your little feeling are hurt that we do not treat you with kid gloves. Tough. Either grow a thick skin or leave. You will hardly be the first and wont be the last to leave.
Thanks for admiting I haven't been here very long.
I realize I got a late start. I'm not even sure when this post started or who started it.
Just know -when you /y'all think I/others have very far fetched views on life, abortion, etc.
We read what you /y'all write and think the same thing :)
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#277966 Jan 18, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe in, say, the Greek God of War. Therefore, I can't attack or mock it/him. Now, if I were talking to someone who did believe in his existence and spoke to that person the way Foo is posting to you, then clearly I would be intentionally trying to provoke and mock that believer. Has absolutely nothing to do with bigotry toward the Greek God of War.
Grow a brain, will ya?
If your wife and daughter were in a religion where they worshipped this "Greek God of war" would you think that mocking and attacking its so called beliefs, would fly because *you* don't believe?

Do you even understand what bigotry is?

STO, you are afraid to defend your faith. You're scared to stand up to your proabort friends.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#277967 Jan 18, 2013
It reminds me of a passage in Poe's "Some Words With a Mummy", about some modern men who revive a mummy and ask him about ancient egypt:

"Mr. Gliddon, I really am astonished to hear you talk in this style," said the Count, resuming his chair. "No nation upon the face of the earth has ever acknowledged more than one god. The Scarabaeus, the Ibis, etc., were with us (as similar creatures have been with others) the symbols, or media, through which we offered worship to the Creator too august to be more directly approached."
http://classiclit.about.com/library/bl-etexts...
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
See if you can follow the bouncing ball. It it's all the same God (even "in three persons"), then that would make them ALL "the Creator", which Stupid Sassy claimed Jesus is not. So, if Jesus is not the same "person" (God), as the Creator, then he is a different God. That makes you polytheistic, which is what Pagans are :)
I know what the RCC teaches, and yes, I am still a Pagan. It's you and Stupid Sassy who are apparently confused.
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#277968 Jan 18, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not mocking Christ, I AM however mocking YOU.
WHy are you deflecting? ANSWER THE QUESTION Skankdawg. What are you afraid of?
You've already said you dont believe your jesus is g-d, so why SHOULDN'T I ask what your version of "faith" says about the so called virgin?
You mocked Christ using Josephs d@#k to impregnate a virgin Mary.

Hellooo? Where is that mocking *me* and not Christ?

Manipulation queen.
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#277969 Jan 18, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>A "shrink" is a licensed therapist. They are professional caregivers. Are you telling me that you use your manicurist as your family therapist? That explains a lot.
Not ONE of you proaborts comprehended my post. Lily comes on and INSTANTLY did.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clinton Corners Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Time to go? 1 min barefoot2626 2,622
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 7 min TMAN_Mets 36,448
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 1 hr Forrest 10,552
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 1 hr Forrest 12,159
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 1 hr TMShyster 319,422
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 2 hr Le Jimbo 5,762
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) 3 hr Fb fan 12,381
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Clinton Corners Mortgages