Obama promises more than 600,000 stimulus jobs

Full story: Newsday 109,595
President Barack Obama promised Monday to deliver more than 600,000 jobs through his $787 billion stimulus plan this summer, with federal agencies pumping billions into public works projects, schools and summer youth programs. Full Story
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118653 Apr 5, 2013
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
joe, you are too funny! A little dose of truth and you launch right into a rage against various conservative ideas that you dislike... even though I made no mention of any of them.
You then proceed to lecture me about economics... Hilarious! You're a child, I'm an adult with a degree in Economics.
joe, anyone that blindly worships a political party has no credibility at all. It demonstrates that you have neither the capacity nor desire to think for yourself. At least you're funny though.
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
joe, you are too funny! A little dose of truth and you launch right into a rage against various conservative ideas that you dislike... even though I made no mention of any of them.
You then proceed to lecture me about economics... Hilarious! You're a child, I'm an adult with a degree in Economics.
joe, anyone that blindly worships a political party has no credibility at all. It demonstrates that you have neither the capacity nor desire to think for yourself. At least you're funny though.
Hey Mr Economics (what BS), keep calling yourself an adult with a degree in economics on an anonymous forum, yeah that's convincing. Remember Nixon: "I'm not a crook." Yeah, you pretty much are, Dick. Especially when you trot out the childish economic views you tout.

And funny, but as I read over my posts, I can't find a single example of "raging against any economic ideas".'Cause we all know the Good 'Ole Goobers (that's my new phrase for the GOP in case you forgot) don't have ANY ideas except:

- Lower taxes for the rich
- Lower taxes on businesses (oil co's particularly)
- Raise taxes on middle income earners
- Cut Social Security and Medicare
- Cut benefits to the neediest

In other words serve their wealthy "owners". Those don't really qualify as "economic ideas", you know? Oh, I forgot, you do know 'cause you've got a "degree in Economics". Rrrright.
nac

Piscataway, NJ

#118654 Apr 5, 2013
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Hey Mr Economics (what BS), keep calling yourself an adult with a degree in economics on an anonymous forum, yeah that's convincing. Remember Nixon: "I'm not a crook." Yeah, you pretty much are, Dick. Especially when you trot out the childish economic views you tout.
And funny, but as I read over my posts, I can't find a single example of "raging against any economic ideas".'Cause we all know the Good 'Ole Goobers (that's my new phrase for the GOP in case you forgot) don't have ANY ideas except:
In other words serve their wealthy "owners". Those don't really qualify as "economic ideas", you know? Oh, I forgot, you do know 'cause you've got a "degree in Economics". Rrrright.
Problem is... all I said was that gas prices, unemployment, and the DJIA were all sky-high. They are.

I did not comment on any economic policy (by this administration or any other).

Just because I pointed something out that you might not like... does not mean that I'm affiliated with your political enemy, the GOP.

Some of us have moved past the false Left/Right paradigm. Basically, joe, you are a pawn. You regurgitate talking points and propaganda designed for the lowest common denominator. Your counterparts on the right do the same. You then proceed to argue nonsense with one another blissfully unaware of what is really going on.

You are not someone to be taken seriously, you don't think for yourself... a corrupt political party thinks for you. The sooner you understand this and wake up, the better.
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118655 Apr 5, 2013
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
Problem is... all I said was that gas prices, unemployment, and the DJIA were all sky-high. They are.
I did not comment on any economic policy (by this administration or any other).
Just because I pointed something out that you might not like... does not mean that I'm affiliated with your political enemy, the GOP.
Some of us have moved past the false Left/Right paradigm. Basically, joe, you are a pawn. You regurgitate talking points and propaganda designed for the lowest common denominator. Your counterparts on the right do the same. You then proceed to argue nonsense with one another blissfully unaware of what is really going on.
You are not someone to be taken seriously, you don't think for yourself... a corrupt political party thinks for you. The sooner you understand this and wake up, the better.
That's all well and good but you've managed to overlook the fact that I don't cheer lead for the Dems, Libs, or Progressives. I'm merely pointing out the idiocy coming from the right. In case you haven't noticed they've become ridiculous on every issue.

Tell me something the right is proposing that you go along with.

The left may fail at times because of the vast differences in opinions and execution but the right is exactly what you accuse me of:...not to be taken seriously, they don't think ... a corrupt political party thinks for them; read tea party, etc.

And what have I said, brought, underscored that you take issue with, specifically?'Cause I notice your pretty good generalizing your attack. Get specific.
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118656 Apr 5, 2013
Here's another example of one component of the nutcases running the GOP:

The Family Research Council’s President Jerry Boykin said this week that U.S. Reps. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) and Louis Gohmert (R-TX) are “standing on the word of God” in their mission to find and punish Muslims and Muslim supporters in the U.S. government.

According to Right Wing Watch, Boykin made the remarks at a panel discussion at this week’s National Religious Broadcasters conference featured Boykin alongside alleged former Islamic terrorist Kamal Saleem. The panel was moderated by Christian radio host Janet Parshall.

After portentously warning that the U.S. justice system has already been infiltrated and overcome by Sharia law, Boykin called on Americans to support Bachmann, Gohmert and Rep. Ted Franks (R-AZ) for their efforts to drive Muslims out of the U.S. government.

Chime in if you support this kind of thinking. After all these are YOUR right wing leaders and YOUR right wing ideas.
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118657 Apr 5, 2013
And some more:

American Democracy Is a Corruption: How .05 Percent Of Our Population Have Bent Our Republic Into An Oligarchy

A vast majority of America wants spend money to create jobs while preserving our safety net and ending tax breaks on the rich and corporations to pay for it. Yet most of Congress wants to do the exact opposite.

How did our democracy get so broken? Of course, gerrymandering plays a role. But the truth is there are two elections taking place all the time: the general election and the money election. The money election is the one that really matters, and only .05 percent of country truly has a vote.

A tiny percentage of Americans have hijacked our country for their own purposes, according to Lawrence Lessig. This TED talk,“We the People, and the Republic we must reclaim” may make you feel a bit hopeless. But in the end, if we cannot see what we’ve become, there’s no hope of fixing it.

http://www.nationalmemo.com/american-democrac...
nac

Piscataway, NJ

#118658 Apr 5, 2013
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
That's all well and good but you've managed to overlook the fact that I don't cheer lead for the Dems, Libs, or Progressives. I'm merely pointing out the idiocy coming from the right. In case you haven't noticed they've become ridiculous on every issue.
The left may fail at times because of the vast differences in opinions and execution but the right is exactly what you accuse me of:...not to be taken seriously, they don't think ... a corrupt political party thinks for them; read tea party, etc.
And what have I said, brought, underscored that you take issue with, specifically?'Cause I notice your pretty good generalizing your attack. Get specific.
Attack? There is no attack. Here is the specifics of what has happened:

I made a joke about you being half right about Obama's great work as president because rich people are still doing well, while his base of poor people are doing worse. It wasn't the greatest joke ever told, but it was amusing to some, I'm sure. What it WASN'T was an "attack." It was a joke based on some truths.

Based on this crack, admittedly at the expense of your false idol, you decided definitively (in your mind), that I was a "deficit hawk," and that you find it funny that I "believe spending by government is bad but good when it's private."

Then you told me to "Call me when you've read up on economics. For yourself, not the drivel squeezed out by Fox and the tea party."

So far... based on a joke about unemployment, gas prices, and the Dow... you have decided that you know a lot about my beliefs, and that my intellectual pursuits in economics have been limited to Fox News and the Tea Party literature.

Then you whispered, "psst... there's no such thing as trickle down economics."

Again... you pull another idea that you don't like out of thin air and decide that I am a champion of it... simply because I clearly am not a worshiper of Obama. I did not express anything about trickle down, yay or nay.

Then I called you out on it by saying that my post sent you into an anti-GOP rage, causing you to associate me with GOP ideas that you didn't like even though I didn't address them.

Then you HILARIOUSLY responded with yet, another anti-GOP rage!

You said that the GOP, "don't have ANY ideas except:

In other words serve their wealthy "owners". Those don't really qualify as "economic ideas", you know? Oh, I forgot, you do know 'cause you've got a "degree in Economics". Rrrright."
I hope the irony isn't lost on you that this all started by my joke about how the rich are doing the best under Obama!

(Based on this post, joe... what are my views on the rain forest?)
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118659 Apr 5, 2013
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
Attack? There is no attack. Here is the specifics of what has happened:
I made a joke about you being half right about Obama's great work as president because rich people are still doing well, while his base of poor people are doing worse. It wasn't the greatest joke ever told, but it was amusing to some, I'm sure. What it WASN'T was an "attack." It was a joke based on some truths.
Based on this crack, admittedly at the expense of your false idol, you decided definitively (in your mind), that I was a "deficit hawk," and that you find it funny that I "believe spending by government is bad but good when it's private."
Then you told me to "Call me when you've read up on economics. For yourself, not the drivel squeezed out by Fox and the tea party."
So far... based on a joke about unemployment, gas prices, and the Dow... you have decided that you know a lot about my beliefs, and that my intellectual pursuits in economics have been limited to Fox News and the Tea Party literature.
Then you whispered, "psst... there's no such thing as trickle down economics."
Again... you pull another idea that you don't like out of thin air and decide that I am a champion of it... simply because I clearly am not a worshiper of Obama. I did not express anything about trickle down, yay or nay.
Then I called you out on it by saying that my post sent you into an anti-GOP rage, causing you to associate me with GOP ideas that you didn't like even though I didn't address them.
Then you HILARIOUSLY responded with yet, another anti-GOP rage!
You said that the GOP, "don't have ANY ideas except:
In other words serve their wealthy "owners". Those don't really qualify as "economic ideas", you know? Oh, I forgot, you do know 'cause you've got a "degree in Economics". Rrrright."
I hope the irony isn't lost on you that this all started by my joke about how the rich are doing the best under Obama!
(Based on this post, joe... what are my views on the rain forest?)
On a re-read of your post(s) I think I have to agree with you. The irony isn't lost on me.

You like the rain forest?
nac

Piscataway, NJ

#118660 Apr 5, 2013
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
On a re-read of your post(s) I think I have to agree with you. The irony isn't lost on me.
You like the rain forest?
Love the rain forest. Like strawberry pie.
nac

Piscataway, NJ

#118662 Apr 5, 2013
Hey joe, since you fancy yourself as an economist, here's some light reading about what the left AND the right are planning for our financial future.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-confiscation...

Those of you that call yourselves "liberal," but are nothing more than totalitarians, can learn a lot about the shift toward a European/Canadian model that you are fighting to erode our sovereignty to adopt by reading this.

Then read Joseph Plummer's "Dishonest Money." Then read G. Edward Griffin's "The Creature From Jekyll Island."

It will take about 24 total hours of reading... but you'll learn how our monetary system really works. You'll also learn how the left and the right are working to accomplish the same goals, just packaging the message differently.

(sorry joe, you'll realize that those assholes running the GOP are working toward the SAME goals as your idols on the left)

You'll be glad that you've been woken up... but mad as hell about what is really happening.
Teddy R

Mclean, VA

#118664 Apr 6, 2013
Obskeptic

Sterling Heights, MI

#118665 Apr 6, 2013
http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/2280048141001/...
The only rebuttal the left can come up with for this reality is that it is the fault of the republican led "sequestration" cuts. The only problem with that is it is a lie. "Sequestration" cuts have not even hit the economy yet, they were only cuts to scheduled increases, so they are not cuts at all, but smaller increases in spending, and sequestration was actually the administrations concept and plan.
This president is an abject failure and the democrats continue to spin lies about it with the cooperation of most of the news media. Less then 1% of Americans polled give a rats ass about marrying homosexuals and calling it something it is not, but to follow the main stream press and television news, its the most important event since the victory over British Empire to win our freedom.
Obskeptic

Sterling Heights, MI

#118666 Apr 6, 2013
Apparently single motherhood is taking its toll on Michelle, since most single mothers spend hundreds of thousands of dollars vacationing in the Bahamas and take their kids skiing in Colorado. Poor Michelle. Maybe if she cut those horrid bangs she could see what an ass her husband is.
Rev Affred Sharpton

New York, NY

#118667 Apr 6, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
Apparently single motherhood is taking its toll on Michelle, since most single mothers spend hundreds of thousands of dollars vacationing in the Bahamas and take their kids skiing in Colorado. Poor Michelle. Maybe if she cut those horrid bangs she could see what an ass her husband is.
You white crackers can't stand the fact that Brother Obama was REELECTED despite all the shenanigans those Repukelicans tried. Just got done watching white cracker Clint Eastwood's speech at the Repukelican convention. I laugh more every time I watch it.

It's fun to watch the Repukelicans continually dismiss the minority voters thinking the Jim Crow brothers and sisters will stay in line with their white masters. Have a newsflash for you white crackers. Those days are gone.
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118670 Apr 7, 2013
Neal Caffrey wrote:
Obummer is a spook that never had a job done right just like most spooks
What a "terrific" spokesman you are. From what I've seen the right wing media would love to hear more of your "views."
nac

Piscataway, NJ

#118671 Apr 7, 2013
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
What a "terrific" spokesman you are. From what I've seen the right wing media would love to hear more of your "views."
Right on, joe! Rev Affred Sharpton's racism (from the left) was way cooler!! Right?

I thought you were going to work on waking up to the fact that they are both the same and are playing all of you for dupes...?
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118672 Apr 7, 2013
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
Right on, joe! Rev Affred Sharpton's racism (from the left) was way cooler!! Right?
I thought you were going to work on waking up to the fact that they are both the same and are playing all of you for dupes...?
You're kidding, right. Your making an equivalency of what Al Sharpton has said and?:

"Obummer is a spook that never had a job done right just like most spooks"

Really? This isn't about sides or parties. This is about how we should all call out this garbage wherever it comes from.

Or was this guy's comment something you think adds to the discussion?

“2014 ! The Bar is Open !”

Since: Dec 07

Daytona Beach

#118673 Apr 8, 2013
Neal Caffrey wrote:
Obummer is a spook that never had a job done right just like most spooks
not totally; apparently, there's a reason why he loves going on so many "campaign stops". He's putting the old 'one-eye to tuna-town' with California AG, Kamala Harris. Now that Michelle has a caboose that rivals with Oprah, Obama's "white" blood is taking the full effect here.

“2014 ! The Bar is Open !”

Since: Dec 07

Daytona Beach

#118674 Apr 8, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
there's an answer for that; after all, she admitted on TV that she is a single mom. I think The Obama is pulling a "Bill Clinton" with the California AG.
Teddy R

Houston, TX

#118675 Apr 8, 2013
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
joe -

Since you're all so non-partisan about calling out extremist ideological idiocy, how about letting us know where you come down on this lib prog collectivist/statist view:

"MSNBC Host: Your Kids Belong to the Collective"

"... college professor and MSNBC host Melissa Harris-Perry says your children are not yours – they are owned by the community."

"“We have to break through our private idea that kids belong to their parents or kids belong to their families,” says the professor of political science at Tulane University, where she is founding director of the Anna Julia Cooper Project on Gender, Race, and Politics in the South. Kids belong to whole communities, she insists, and once we realize this we’ll make “better investments” in government indoctrination of children."

http://www.infowars.com/your-kids-belong-to-t...

Insane and dangerous socialist claptrap, I hope you will agree.
nac

Southold, NY

#118677 Apr 8, 2013
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
You're kidding, right. Your making an equivalency of what Al Sharpton has said and?:
"Obummer is a spook that never had a job done right just like most spooks"
Really? This isn't about sides or parties. This is about how we should all call out this garbage wherever it comes from.
Or was this guy's comment something you think adds to the discussion?
So... Racism from the left is ok, racism from the right is wrong... And this isn't about sides or parties.
Yeah... You're going to have to explain that to me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clinton Corners Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 min Brian_G 46,648
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 22 min Brian_G 305,614
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 23 min dissapointed 16,787
USA and ISIS in Iraq 1 hr Bloody Bill Anderson 113
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr History_repeats 6,434
Fox is going down (Dec '09) 1 hr Go Blue Forever 5,472
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 1 hr Unbiased Chargers... 307,995
•••

Clinton Corners News Video

•••
Clinton Corners Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Clinton Corners Jobs

•••
•••