Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5
Jake Gibbs

AOL

#293765 Oct 12, 2013
Michael Kay on his radio show the other day was recanting the Chipper Jones story about the Braves players not wanting to catch his cerimonial first pitch because he picked the Dodgers to win the series in 4. Kay proceeds to bash the players as babies and gets all over them for as he put it, "refusing a sure first ballott Hall of Famer." I knew this was coming next, he says you know the Yankees would have never done this if Yogi Berra had picked against them but was schedueled to throw out the first pitch. Joe Girardi would have went out there to catch it.
How does Kay even know that? This clown see things through the prism of the Yankees and supposses this. His stupid sidekick doesn't even question his statement and not one 18-35 year old (that's who calls sports radio) called in to ask how he knows the Yankees wouldn't care if one of their icons picked against them.
Come on Yankee fans, you have to say soemnthing about Kay and his blind loyalty and Yankee prism.
YANKEES 4 LIFE

United States

#293766 Oct 12, 2013
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
As stated in previous posts, think there's a market for Granderson to get more guaranteed monies. CWS & SEA are 2 teams that have lots money to spend in 2014...
Peralta's career has been in the AL Central. Rarely has it been a tough division top to bottom & the overall pitching in the division has never been a strength. Don't know if his career numbers translate well to playing in the AL East. He's going to draw interest around MLB so it may get to a bidding war that NYY may not want to compete in if they decide to stay under $189 million...
To me, it's time for NYY & Kuroda to part ways. Best for them to look @ other options in the FA market/trades for SP...
Would hate to lose Kuroda, but you could be right... Great of the Yanks could resign for less and I'm praying that CC can get back to form..... Read they will also go after e Japanese pitcher Masahiro Tanaka....

Granderson is 32 so I'm not sure how much we can get for him.... Like you a draft pick for him could turn out to be a good one.. This whole A Rod situation is really screwing or hampering what we can do at the moment....

I think the Yanks will more than likely stay under the $189 million mark.... So that may mean 2-3 years with less cash.... Very tough especially when the franchise wants to win now..... Patience will be tested...

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

New York, NY

#293767 Oct 12, 2013
Jake Gibbs wrote:
Michael Kay on his radio show the other day was recanting the Chipper Jones story about the Braves players not wanting to catch his cerimonial first pitch because he picked the Dodgers to win the series in 4. Kay proceeds to bash the players as babies and gets all over them for as he put it, "refusing a sure first ballott Hall of Famer." I knew this was coming next, he says you know the Yankees would have never done this if Yogi Berra had picked against them but was schedueled to throw out the first pitch. Joe Girardi would have went out there to catch it.
How does Kay even know that? This clown see things through the prism of the Yankees and supposses this. His stupid sidekick doesn't even question his statement and not one 18-35 year old (that's who calls sports radio) called in to ask how he knows the Yankees wouldn't care if one of their icons picked against them.
Come on Yankee fans, you have to say soemnthing about Kay and his blind loyalty and Yankee prism.

kay, sterling and maw maw are all dopes...every sunday the post rips him to shreds...and if he gets a caller he does not like he hangs up on him...

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#293768 Oct 12, 2013
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> Would hate to lose Kuroda, but you could be right... Great of the Yanks could resign for less and I'm praying that CC can get back to form..... Read they will also go after e Japanese pitcher Masahiro Tanaka....
Granderson is 32 so I'm not sure how much we can get for him.... Like you a draft pick for him could turn out to be a good one.. This whole A Rod situation is really screwing or hampering what we can do at the moment....
I think the Yanks will more than likely stay under the $189 million mark.... So that may mean 2-3 years with less cash.... Very tough especially when the franchise wants to win now..... Patience will be tested...

actually if the yanks do hit the under 189 mil it sets them up to spend more cash in 2015...its the luxury tax being reset lower if they do...

its a good thing.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#293769 Oct 12, 2013
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Think there will be trades made to offset Granderson's HR's by paying less money...
Wise spend was related to NYY staying under $189 million...
The ARod situation really puts NYY in a bind in how to plan for 2014. Can ARod's 2014 salary be used to spend on other salaries? Don't know if that's been made known by Buddy Boy Selig. If it can be used, what if ARod loses the current arbitration hearing & takes it to either the NLRB or the courts? That can take time & NYY has to hold off using those dollars until a final decision is reached. Meanwhile, the business of baseball goes on. Unfair for Buddy Boy Selig to put NYY in this spot. He should show some leadership & settle this where all parties can move on...

what trade, for who and what to get an outfielder who will hit 30 plus homers, cheaper??

just as an idea...don't know who is on the market for yankee rookies that are not ready yet..
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#293770 Oct 12, 2013
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> Would hate to lose Kuroda, but you could be right... Great of the Yanks could resign for less and I'm praying that CC can get back to form..... Read they will also go after e Japanese pitcher Masahiro Tanaka....

NYY should target Ubaldo. Overpay the out years of the deal if necessary. He's what's needed to replace Kuroda...

NYY can't get anything for Granderson outside of a draft pick if he signs with another team. As stated in a previous post, think Granderson & NYY mutually agree (he declines the QO) to part ways if there's interest elsewhere. Agents usually lay the groundwork on that during the postseason...

If NYY decides to stay under $189 million, don't see it for more than 1 season. They get the reset on the lux tax & a rebate for staying under the threshold. The FA class of 2015 has some interesting names that NYY should be in on. They'll spend with a minimal luxury tax payout...
Ted Williams frozen head

Parlin, NJ

#293771 Oct 12, 2013
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
NYY paying $14 million for Granderson? Not sure that's a wise spend if they're going to stay under $189 million...
Another reason CWS could be in on Granderson is their 1st round pick in 2014 (#3) is protected. NYY would get their #2 pick...
You are too on intelligent for that fraud. He is not even sure himself what he is arguing about he is so confused
Ted Williams frozen head

Parlin, NJ

#293772 Oct 12, 2013
Jake Gibbs wrote:
Hey Jake we all know you are trying to be clever but to me or anyone else you are a dope for listening to MK.
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#293773 Oct 12, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
what trade, for who and what to get an outfielder who will hit 30 plus homers, cheaper??

just as an idea...don't know who is on the market for yankee rookies that are not ready yet..
This is what I'd do if Cashman were to ask me (and he won't) for 2014:

1. Resign Cano
2. Sign Ubaldo
3. Trade for Chase Headley even if it means giving up Gardner & a prospect (Murphy?)

The rest of the positions can be done with low cost FA's. At least NYY will compete in 2014...
Ted Williams frozen head

Parlin, NJ

#293774 Oct 12, 2013
Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Those are the kind of flat out lies I gave you a chance to answer to face to face and the coward/pussy you are you ran away.
I never PM you. Especially over your idiotic attempt to get anyone to believe you have a clue about baseball which you clearly don't.
Youre a liar and a scumbag and everyone knows it.
I love reading this guy make a fool out of you day in day out.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#293775 Oct 12, 2013
Ted Williams frozen head wrote:
<quoted text>
You are too on intelligent for that fraud. He is not even sure himself what he is arguing about he is so confused

he was replying back to me, what am I confused about today? or yesterday?? lol

say, where is the head now, in the rays minor league clubhouse? or is the soxies spring training camp

now, that's a legit question...

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#293776 Oct 12, 2013
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Resign Cano
2. Sign Ubaldo
3. Trade for Chase Headley even if it means giving up Gardner & a prospect (Murphy?)
The rest of the positions can be done with low cost FA's. At least NYY will compete in 2014...

signing cano at any cost? yikes...wont happen

I like ubaldo and it could happen along with the Japanese pitcher...

trade for headly? it might cost more then that...but a great idea.
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#293777 Oct 12, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
signing cano at any cost? yikes...wont happen

I like ubaldo and it could happen along with the Japanese pitcher...

trade for headly? it might cost more then that...but a great idea.
Not any cost, but NYY has to overpay some...

Not getting too excited about Tanaka. Have to question the level of competition he faced based on his numbers (24-0 1.24 ERA). The posting fee could go to $60 million plus his salary. Rather guarantee $120 million on proven MLB players in 2015...

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#293778 Oct 12, 2013
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Not any cost, but NYY has to overpay some...
Not getting too excited about Tanaka. Have to question the level of competition he faced based on his numbers (24-0 1.24 ERA). The posting fee could go to $60 million plus his salary. Rather guarantee $120 million on proven MLB players in 2015...

Posting fee does not count against the cap. I think they will spend in 2015 no matter what.
YANKEES 4 LIFE

Brooklyn, NY

#293779 Oct 12, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
actually if the yanks do hit the under 189 mil it sets them up to spend more cash in 2015...its the luxury tax being reset lower if they do...
its a good thing.
I know and that's why I was saying patience will be yes tested next season..... What will help the Yanks is the fact they didn't make the playoffs this year with the injuries and inconsistent pitching..... Also despite the cap situation they can still do something which is better than nothing.....

Now we know that this offseason small moves will be made while being able to compete for a playoff spot..... We were in it most of this season and can only get better..... Things don't seem bleek at all like the haters and hacks portray it to be.....
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#293780 Oct 12, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>.
Posting fee does not count against the cap. I think they will spend in 2015 no matter what.
True about the posting fee. Hasn't NYY been burned enough on Japanese pitchers (Irabu/Igawa)?...
YANKEES 4 LIFE

Brooklyn, NY

#293781 Oct 12, 2013
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Resign Cano
2. Sign Ubaldo
I think they will compete in 2014..... Signing Cano is going to be one of the main task for this team.... No 10 year though..... Still don't.believe the Dodgers aren't interested in him.... They have money to spend.... More than the Mets..... Lol.....

Hughes will get some interest ONLY because of his age..... Not sure what we can get for him, but something is better than nothing..... Jaba well he just needs to go.... Sorry about going back to the rotation aspect again....

Chase would be a nice pickup.... Wouldn't mind Nelson Cruz, but his contract is something the Yanks wouldn't want to touch.... 2015 can't get here quick enough.....

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#293782 Oct 12, 2013
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
True about the posting fee. Hasn't NYY been burned enough on Japanese pitchers (Irabu/Igawa)?...

Lol, the fat toad. Yeah, but if he turns out to be a darvish cash will get reamed. Look at puig,cespedes and chapmen. They could have been in on them. Its only posting money.

“Lets go Mets/JETS”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#293783 Oct 12, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>.
Lol, the fat toad. Yeah, but if he turns out to be a darvish cash will get reamed. Look at puig,cespedes and chapmen. They could have been in on them. Its only posting money.
The only fat toad around here is YOU! LMAO! Thier is no postings for cuban escapees only the slanty eyes players. You fat toad. And I do mean fat. ROTFLMAO!

“The One & Only”

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#293784 Oct 12, 2013
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Resign Cano
2. Sign Ubaldo
Signing Cano today is equal to signing A-Rod 10 years ago - a great idea for the first 4 or so years, an expensive anchor holding the team back financially for the final 6.

Headley has already expressed multiple times that he has no interest in playing in NY & the Yanks don't have the chips to reel him in anyway. "Gardner?" That's a joke, right?

Cleveland has a super-cheap team option on Ubaldo for 2014, at 30 years old & with a fastball clocking at 98+ he isn't going anywhere. Again, the Yanks don't have the chips to pry him away from Cleveland.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clinton Corners Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Madam President 9 min doomednewt 430
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... 12 min LONESOME CANADIAN... 1,143
" RUSE UP .. RUSE UP ... RUSE unto Your Power " ! 17 min The Parachute Can... 1
Whine and Cheese: Where are the crackers (Dec '09) 21 min New Yorker 1,356
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 37 min _FLATLINE-------- 15,785
TRUMP can See RUSSIA from His Tower ! - Sarah P... 40 min REPUBLICAN OLIGARCHY 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 43 min Patriot AKA Bozo 62,872

Clinton Corners Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Clinton Corners Mortgages