Police will use DWI blood draw proced...

Police will use DWI blood draw procedures tonight

There are 21 comments on the El Paso Times story from Dec 20, 2008, titled Police will use DWI blood draw procedures tonight. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Police will use a blood draw operation on Saturday night that enables law enforcement officers to conduct blood tests on anyone arrested for DWI.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
thetruthaboutyou

Brownsville, TX

#1 Dec 20, 2008
something about obtaining warrants for the human body sounds mighty unethical to me, drawing blood from an individual is a clear infringement of civil and constitutional right of search and seizure and right to privacy/property over one's body, it seems this can be a public affairs disaster waiting to explode not only in the face of the EPPD but the city as well, and I am sure some attorney out there is already rubbing his hands with those millions in his eyes.
DarkMan

United States

#2 Dec 20, 2008
talk about making a person self incriminate
Ronnie

United States

#3 Dec 20, 2008
i woudnt be to concerned I aint heard of a non Soldier citizen of el paso be smart enough to be able to draw blood

“Support SAR, get lost. ”

Since: Oct 08

East Haven, CT

#4 Dec 20, 2008
thetruthaboutyou wrote:
something about obtaining warrants for the human body sounds mighty unethical to me, drawing blood from an individual is a clear infringement of civil and constitutional right of search and seizure and right to privacy/property over one's body, it seems this can be a public affairs disaster waiting to explode not only in the face of the EPPD but the city as well, and I am sure some attorney out there is already rubbing his hands with those millions in his eyes.
Doubt it. First of all, if it was illegal, a judge would not grant a warrant. Second of all, no judge in his right mind would grant a drunk driver money in a lawsuit after being charged with drunk driving. Warrants for DNA are issued somewhere in the US every day to identify killers, rapist, ect. Either way, look at it this way. Warrants take time. Gives the drunk driver probably at least an hour to "sober up a bit". All sarcasm aside, I'm against drunk driving. Any effort to put a halt on it is good for me.
thetruthaboutyou

Brownsville, TX

#6 Mar 7, 2009
flywatt, i want a sample of your sperm or eggs, how does that sound?
for a traffic ticket...

“Support SAR, get lost. ”

Since: Oct 08

East Haven, CT

#7 Mar 7, 2009
thetruthaboutyou wrote:
flywatt, i want a sample of your sperm or eggs, how does that sound?
for a traffic ticket...
Beat my meat for speeding, sure! Give me a good magazine, and point the direction. haha.

Obtaining a drivers lisence is a privledge, not a requirement. If you abuse your privledge, especially in a dangerous matter such as drinking and driving, exchanging a little blood seems fair to me. They're not exactly extracting organs here...
thetruthaboutyou

Brownsville, TX

#9 Mar 7, 2009
you funny flywatt
Wolfie

United States

#10 Jan 10, 2013
Organs versus blood is not the point, driving is a privilege, but my body and my life are a natural right. Only in a society of cannibals would someone willing give up there life force for the assumed greater good of everyone else. This is not a society of cannabals, we are supposed to be a society that values personal property. Damn drunk drivers, but I am not in support of a policy that basically opens up the invasion of our bodies by the government.

I would resist by any means possible.
Rob

El Paso, TX

#11 Jan 10, 2013
We gotta get the drunks off the road for society's sake. The drunk that changed my life had no remorse and even tried to blame the accident he caused on us (Didn't work). I have zero sympathy for anyone who gets behind the wheel of their car drunk and/or causes harm to others.

PS. Wolfie, if your not drunk, then you'll have nothing to worry about, right? We gotta do something about this problem, for all our sakes. The accident was a horrible experience.
LAX

El Paso, TX

#12 Jan 10, 2013
Look, blood draws are now the rule rather than the exception. Get used to it.
Question

El Paso, TX

#13 Jan 10, 2013
Is the law entity or the medical person liable for physical harm that is a result of the blood drawing?
who cares

El Paso, TX

#14 Jan 10, 2013
Question wrote:
Is the law entity or the medical person liable for physical harm that is a result of the blood drawing?
Who cares! Don't drive drunk and you wont find out. Besides that you little bitch, what can possibly happen when blood is drawn?
Suprised

El Paso, TX

#15 Jan 10, 2013
The A.C.L.U. hasen't file some type of a injuction on this blood taking thing. I don't remember for sure when I first got my license to driver about signing any paper work if I were to have a drink or two about them takin my blood? Inplied consent law yes I did sign that it said nothing about blood. I'am scared of needles they make me pass out worse than a fifth of Jack D.
Question

El Paso, TX

#16 Jan 10, 2013
Improper blood drawing technique !
Larry Grover

United States

#17 Jan 10, 2013
Suprised wrote:
The A.C.L.U. hasen't file some type of a injuction on this blood taking thing. I don't remember for sure when I first got my license to driver about signing any paper work if I were to have a drink or two about them takin my blood? Inplied consent law yes I did sign that it said nothing about blood. I'am scared of needles they make me pass out worse than a fifth of Jack D.
Don't give blood then and you should be OK. Whenever I have to go for a draw, I always take a Nexium first and it seems to help. They do tie your arm off so it's not that bad.
who cares

El Paso, TX

#18 Jan 10, 2013
Suprised wrote:
You little bitch. If you have a license to "driver" as you wrote, then your ass should not be operating any type of motorized vehicle. Now stfu and don't drink and drive! It is that simple.
who cares

El Paso, TX

#19 Jan 10, 2013
Larry Grover wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't give blood then and you should be OK. Whenever I have to go for a draw, I always take a Nexium first and it seems to help. They do tie your arm off so it's not that bad.
You are an idiot. There is no choice when it comes to drawing blood for a suspected DWI. They will strap your ass down and sit on your face if they have to. Please try it so that I can see you cry when it happens to you.
Larry Grover

United States

#20 Jan 10, 2013
who cares wrote:
<quoted text>You are an idiot. There is no choice when it comes to drawing blood for a suspected DWI. They will strap your ass down and sit on your face if they have to. Please try it so that I can see you cry when it happens to you.
No need to get testy with me. I'm not a boozer so I'm not going to be out driving while liquored up. I was just giving some helpful advice on dealing with blood being drawn since many people don't like it. As for the face sitting, I could go for that if it's a sweet woman with a hot rump and she'd not gassy.
Suprised

El Paso, TX

#21 Jan 10, 2013
who cares wrote:
<quoted text>You little bitch. If you have a license to "driver" as you wrote, then your ass should not be operating any type of motorized vehicle. Now stfu and don't drink and drive! It is that simple.
Just wondering about the A C L U as a rule they are trying to stop all other types of stuff like this. Now you stfu and answer that question if your sober OK.
Suprised

El Paso, TX

#22 Jan 10, 2013
who cares wrote:
<quoted text>You little bitch. If you have a license to "driver" as you wrote, then your ass should not be operating any type of motorized vehicle. Now stfu and don't drink and drive! It is that simple.
Can you read I also said if I were to have a drink or two. Please read before responding to post. You might want to call a Taxi yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clint Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
El Paso Fart Marketplace 2 hr Fart Grande 29
El Paso Farts #1...Best Ever 2 hr Fart Grande 17
Beware of Media Deception 2 hr Fart Grande 2
El Paso Fart Fiesta (Oct '17) 10 hr Farts of Prince 53
The White Fart House (Jul '17) 10 hr Farts of Prince 104
Send Donald Trump Chocolate Coated FARTS! 10 hr Farts of Prince 13
The Wet Fart Debate 10 hr Farts of Prince 46

Clint Jobs

Personal Finance

Clint Mortgages