• Yes
  • No
  • Other (explain below)
hmm

Roanoke, VA

#1511 Oct 30, 2013
Earl Boi wrote:
My butt itches.
mine too! i wander if they gotta benefits check for that.
hahaha

Roanoke, VA

#1512 Oct 30, 2013
Earl Boi wrote:
My butt itches.
bend over!!! the gov will scratch it for ya!! but be forewarned, it's not their finger!! lol!!!
SESSOMS IS A OBAMA SNAKE

Nashville, NC

#1514 Nov 3, 2013
By Julian Walker
The Virginian-Pilot
September 17, 2013

Virginia Beach Mayor Will Sessoms is crossing the partisan divide to endorse Democrat Terry McAuliffe for governor, joining a list of more than 30 noteworthy Republicans now supporting his candidacy.

Sessoms is expected to formalize his endorsement today when McAuliffe tours the Virginia Beach Advanced Technology Center along with Norfolk Mayor Paul Fraim, a Democrat also supporting McAuliffe.

The endorsement marks the first time Sessoms has supported a Democrat running for governor, according to McAuliffe's campaign.

Shortly after the announcement, some Republicans questioned the characterization of Sessoms as a GOP member, noting municipal elections are non-partisan contests. Virginia Beach Republican chairman Ken Longo pointed out another distinction: Sessoms didn't renew his membership with the local party when it lapsed in April.

Hard to beleive this Snake a Obama Dem,Wearing a GOP T-Shirt is supporting this Obama
Democrat Terry McAuliffe for governor.
Earl

Charlottesville, VA

#1515 Nov 3, 2013
hmm wrote:
<quoted text>mine too! i wander if they gotta benefits check for that.
I'll file and let you know. They are paying for everything else.
Earl

Charlottesville, VA

#1516 Nov 3, 2013
hahaha wrote:
<quoted text> bend over!!! the gov will scratch it for ya!! but be forewarned, it's not their finger!! lol!!!
Guess the Obama administration is sctratching at your Kiester.
Billy Bob

Charlottesville, VA

#1517 Nov 3, 2013
Earl wrote:
<quoted text>I'll file and let you know. They are paying for everything else.
We should ask for our money back from your mental treatments.
Nookie

Charlottesville, VA

#1518 Nov 3, 2013
Billy Bob wrote:
<quoted text>We should ask for our money back from your mental treatments.
Mine are free I just check in as Billy Bob.
Billy Bob

Charlottesville, VA

#1519 Nov 3, 2013
Nookie wrote:
<quoted text>Mine are free I just check in as Billy Bob.
You need to check in more often Earl Boi.
Nookie

Charlottesville, VA

#1520 Nov 3, 2013
Billy Bob wrote:
<quoted text>You need to check in more often Earl Boi.
I can't with you checking in almost every day.
Nookie

Charlottesville, VA

#1521 Nov 3, 2013
Billy Bob to cashier--Give me a three pack of condoms--------Cashier--do you want a bag-----Billy Bob-----Na----She is Purdy good lookin.
Tony

Baltimore, MD

#1523 Jan 8, 2014
beckgetsit wrote:
another thought...
taxes on your car when you purchase it, pay the dmv tag fees every year, pay for a state inspection each year, pay the county a registration fee or decal fee, pay the county personal property fees every year....really? Think about it folks, you are being Taxed way to much! This I know. Our tax dollars are being used to support NEEDLESS local, state a federal jobs.... get involved! Govern yourself, SMALLER GOVERNMENT!

AGREED!!!
L Tupponce

Gretna, VA

#1524 Mar 4, 2014
I think the property tax for Sr citizens should be voted down. We live on a fixed income and it woule help us not to have to pay property tax.
L Tupponce

Gretna, VA

#1525 Mar 4, 2014
SR citizens shouldn't have to pay property taxes. We live on a fixed income, especially widows.
louise

Ashburn, VA

#1526 Mar 5, 2014
this world is in the gutter.Everything keeps rising except our income,My SS went up $12.00 and my insurance went up more than that. Like so many others. I know it would helpl so many eople to have taxes exempt. and that would make so many other rise probably. Guess we can be glad we don't have a flush tax, like some in Maryland.Imagine!!! What can we do except vote, and then get the shaft anyway?
Helias

Venice, FL

#1527 Mar 17, 2014
Depressing enough.
PoppaJohn

Pelham, TN

#1529 Mar 28, 2014
In Caroline County, VA there is help for the over 65 or disabled on a low income through the Commisioner of the Revenue's office. https://www.visitcaroline.com/exemptionelderl...
jim

Pennington Gap, VA

#1530 Mar 28, 2014
the hay with old people .they do not deserve any breaks
Thoughts and Opinions

Grundy, VA

#1531 Mar 29, 2014
Why don't they deserve breaks, Jim? They have spent their lives working, They have put in their years working. Now, they are trying to get by on their retirement or Social Security, and most of them aren't making it day to day. They are doing with out one thing (such as their medicine or groceries) to pay something else (say electric bills or taxes). Back in the old days, before retirement plans and social security were even available, when a person got old and no longer could work, the community took care of them. Especially the widows. Even the Bible mentions how important it is to care for widows.
Yes, I understand that there are a lot of people considered 'disabled' because they receive SSI, and that makes a lot of people not want things like this tax break. I don't like that the ones cheating the system get everything they do, either. It really bothers me, as a matter of fact. However, I would rather see a few lying, cheating bums falsely receiving SSI get a break so that all the truly disabled and elderly, who deserve it, can get the help they honestly need.
Of course, Jim, you didn't mention anything about disabled people, just "old people". Karma, Jim, is real. And you will be old one day.

“Serious as a heart atack”

Since: Feb 14

Wytheville

#1532 Mar 29, 2014
Thoughts and Opinions wrote:
Why don't they deserve breaks, Jim? They have spent their lives working, They have put in their years working. Now, they are trying to get by on their retirement or Social Security, and most of them aren't making it day to day. They are doing with out one thing (such as their medicine or groceries) to pay something else (say electric bills or taxes). Back in the old days, before retirement plans and social security were even available, when a person got old and no longer could work, the community took care of them. Especially the widows. Even the Bible mentions how important it is to care for widows.
Yes, I understand that there are a lot of people considered 'disabled' because they receive SSI, and that makes a lot of people not want things like this tax break. I don't like that the ones cheating the system get everything they do, either. It really bothers me, as a matter of fact. However, I would rather see a few lying, cheating bums falsely receiving SSI get a break so that all the truly disabled and elderly, who deserve it, can get the help they honestly need.
Of course, Jim, you didn't mention anything about disabled people, just "old people". Karma, Jim, is real. And you will be old one day.
Maybe Jim won't be a bonehead and will put away enough money on his own to be able to take care of himself, the way "old people " used to do. The problem isn't "old people" or "young people" it's STUPID people.
Missy

Charlottesville, VA

#1534 Mar 31, 2014
All Veterans over 70 shouldn't be taxed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clifton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rotting Christ Brings Rotting Culture to Spring... Sep 14 Culture Auditor 2
Tree sales to benefit SIDS organization (Dec '08) Sep 13 Cricket 3
do women enjoy sex or is it just there hormones? Sep 9 magicman 1
Manassas Park Police not reporting crimes Sep 6 HoboJoe 4
Free car history report? (Nov '13) Aug 29 Carmi 2
Review: Sunrise Towing Aug 23 Warning 1
Who are the Rebel Sons MC? (Jul '12) Aug 17 WidowSon DickLover 32
•••
•••

Clifton Jobs