Lifelong La Porte Resident Dennis Dun...

Lifelong La Porte Resident Dennis Dunham Passes Away

There are 9 comments on the Bay Area Observer story from Mar 30, 2011, titled Lifelong La Porte Resident Dennis Dunham Passes Away. In it, Bay Area Observer reports that:

Dennis Clifton Dunham born October 21, 1930 to Joda L. and Thekla Dunham in La Porte, Texas.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bay Area Observer.

LP Advocate

Denver, CO

#1 Mar 31, 2011
Rest in peace Mr. Dunham. You have been a mainstay in La Porte as long as I can remember. God bless you and your family during this difficult time.
Thank you for all you contributed for so many years. Your legacy will live on in your family and La Porte has been fortunate to have you as one of its own.
east texas

Conroe, TX

#2 Mar 31, 2011
Dennis you did a good job. Thanks for sharing with us what old LaPorte was like. Thanks for you and Essie Pearl supporting the special children. Thanks for promoting a superior fire department. Thanks for your help in caring for the Cemetary. You did a lot for LaPorte. Thanks again.
in the know

La Porte, TX

#3 Mar 31, 2011
certainly an icon. . .
grammie

Houston, TX

#4 Mar 31, 2011
I hate to see Mr Dunham gone but I know he is happy and not in pain and he and Essie Pearl are reunited. I hope they find some volunteers to help Mr Berges with the cemetary. I love that little cemetary-it has a lot of La Porte history and I would hate to see it neglected.
east texas

Conroe, TX

#5 Apr 1, 2011
It is time for the City to realize that they have some responsibility for maintaining the Cemetary. After all a town is judged by how well they care for their dead.
Judgement Day

La Porte, TX

#6 Apr 4, 2011
east texas wrote:
It is time for the City to realize that they have some responsibility for maintaining the Cemetary. After all a town is judged by how well they care for their dead.
Although cities are judged by people for many things, a city is really judged by how well they take care of the living, then the dead.

Dennis was loved my many, and a favorite of the Bayshore Sun's Editor John Black, but he opposed most quality of life improvements, like the golf course. Regardless, he had his opinion, and enjoyed freedom of speach and exercised that freedom frequently.
east texas

Conroe, TX

#7 Apr 4, 2011
I believe that Dennis was appointed to the committee that promoted the golf course, with Rhude Wheeler and the like. Dennis presented the negative viewpoint, however he was ultimately positive of the achievement. That was a case of how to deal with a negative opinion, you make them a member of the committee.

Since: Jul 07

Houston area

#8 Apr 4, 2011
I was lucky to have the privilege to have known Mr. Dunham. He was a Veteran and a great citizen of our community. He was a very interesting man with many stories of the old days. I always enjoyed talking with him and he was glad to have the company. We are better people because we had someone like him in our lives. You will be missed sir and I hope you rest in peace.
APRIL TEAL HEWITT

Santa Clara, CA

#9 Apr 5, 2011
Rest in Peace Mr. Dennis thank u for saving my dads life....u will be greatly missed by the whole LaPorte area

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clifton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Famed Austin chef opens destination restaurant ... 8 hr FamedPharts 1
Dorothy Maria Springer Mar 18 HowSTUPIDcanUget 6
looking for family member Mar 13 Anonymous 1
Do you know him? Dec '16 Shajuana West 1
Summer Wadley? (Apr '14) Nov '16 Curious 2
News Tenants leaving H-E-B-owned shopping center Oct '16 Get Real 1
Does anyone know Hunter Springer? (Sep '14) Oct '16 Jose 14

Clifton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance