Sandy Alexander police activity today?

Posted in the Clifton Forum

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Matt Rogers

Mount Vernon, NY

#1 Aug 31, 2009
Does anyone know what was going on today at the Sandy Alexander printing company today? I was told that there were tons of cops around today and that the doors were chained shut and employees were being turned away
sdel33

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Sep 1, 2009
Sandy Alexander has LOCKED OUT its union workers. Local One-L GCC/IBT is LOCKED OUT of Sandy Alexander 200 Entin Rd Clifton NJ.
There LOCKOUT is an illegal and unfair act against the workers who have worked there for years, to put out a quality printing product.
Give your support for organized labor.
Interested Party

Bronx, NY

#3 Sep 3, 2009
Can anyone go into more detail about this?
Cliftonite

Clifton, NJ

#4 Sep 3, 2009
No newspaper articles or a word on the street. Unions are not the most popular things these days with so many people losing thier jobs etc. In order for business to survive and keep jobs some reductions need to happen everywhere( except those who were part of the stimulus out of the ne Washington who are getting millions and not a thing is being done) Let's hope that the Union and company can use common sense and get peple back to work. We all know that there is plenty of pressure with foriegn imports etc.
sdel33

Brooklyn, NY

#5 Sep 3, 2009
Our contract ended Jun 30, 2009. Since then, we have signed contracts with 15 employers, that called for changes in health plan, pension plan, and other terms of our contract. Each contract was settled promptly and peacefully.
sdel33

Brooklyn, NY

#6 Sep 3, 2009
Sandy was offered a similar contract.
After TWO sessions, Sandy Alexander declared a bargaining impasse and refused to meet with Local One L again for face to face negotiations.
Instead Sandy Alexander Locked out Local One L.
Interested Party

United States

#8 Sep 3, 2009
sdel33 wrote:
Our contract ended Jun 30, 2009. Since then, we have signed contracts with 15 employers, that called for changes in health plan, pension plan, and other terms of our contract. Each contract was settled promptly and peacefully.
sdel33 wrote:
Sandy was offered a similar contract.
After TWO sessions, Sandy Alexander declared a bargaining impasse and refused to meet with Local One L again for face to face negotiations.
Instead Sandy Alexander Locked out Local One L.
Do you work for Sandy Alexander? Which contract ended June 2009, the Union contract or the contract with SA? What's the deal with the 15 employees you signed with? Who are they?

If Sandy officially declared an impasse, a lockout wouldn't be illegal, would it? Isn't it a 90 day process to see if a bargaining agreement can be met?

Your insights are really helpful, thanks.
sdel33

Brooklyn, NY

#9 Sep 3, 2009
Interested Party wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Do you work for Sandy Alexander? Which contract ended June 2009, the Union contract or the contract with SA? What's the deal with the 15 employees you signed with? Who are they?
If Sandy officially declared an impasse, a lockout wouldn't be illegal, would it? Isn't it a 90 day process to see if a bargaining agreement can be met?
Your insights are really helpful, thanks.
Yes, I am locked out from Sandy Alexander. The contract that ended was between Sandy Alexander and the Union (ALA Local one L). This contract that ended was ALSO between the union and many other printers in the area (NY/NJ/Conn). The others have all signed.

Sandy Alexander has LOCKED us OUT. We are NOT able to work. We did NOT refuse to work. We are NOT on strike we are locked out.

Sandy Alexander has REFUSED to negotiate.

Your support for the workers would be appreciated.
Interested Party

United States

#10 Sep 3, 2009
sdel33 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I am locked out from Sandy Alexander. The contract that ended was between Sandy Alexander and the Union (ALA Local one L). This contract that ended was ALSO between the union and many other printers in the area (NY/NJ/Conn). The others have all signed.
Sandy Alexander has LOCKED us OUT. We are NOT able to work. We did NOT refuse to work. We are NOT on strike we are locked out.
Sandy Alexander has REFUSED to negotiate.
Your support for the workers would be appreciated.
I am a reporter with the Clifton Journal. I am very interested in meeting with you to discuss what is going on; plus, getting a story in the paper might help garner support for your case. If you email me at [email protected], we can set up a time to sit down.
Cliftonite

Clifton, NJ

#11 Sep 3, 2009
Sandy Alexander still open without 15 people. How many people ARE WORKING?
cliftonite

Clifton, NJ

#12 Sep 4, 2009
did they go back?
sdel33

Brooklyn, NY

#13 Sep 6, 2009
STILL locked out. Labor Day 2009. Must be Sandy Alexanders way of celebrating.
louabt

Passaic, NJ

#14 Sep 7, 2009
STILL locked out.They do not want to negotiate a contract with us.They claimed IMPASS with out negotiating.
Cliftonit

Clifton, NJ

#15 Sep 8, 2009
Does it mean that 15 jobs are open at this company for the many unemployed people in the industry?
sdel33

Brooklyn, NY

#16 Sep 8, 2009
Cliftonit wrote:
Does it mean that 15 jobs...
15 SHOPS around the NY/NJ area are signed and operating. Sandy Alexander is LOCKING OUT and NOT negotiating with LOCAL ONE L.
cliftonite

Clifton, NJ

#17 Sep 8, 2009
Can they hire people to replace the 15 who are not members of the Union?
cliftonite

Clifton, NJ

#18 Sep 8, 2009
can they hire non union employees to replace the 15? How much would if anything will they save?
joeunion

Goshen, NY

#19 Sep 12, 2009
Cliftonit wrote:
Does it mean that 15 jobs are open at this company for the many unemployed people in the industry?
That's exactly what they want people to come and work for what they tell them they are worth! and not have a union voice. where does it end... when there are no unions around any more GOD help us all.. Support the unions they keep all the wages up and the work place safe even for the non union workers its called the real trickle down effect....
unemployed pressman

Boonton, NJ

#20 Sep 13, 2009
I would go to work for half of want the unions guys think is a fair wage to feed my family.

Where do I apply
joeunion

Goshen, NY

#22 Sep 13, 2009
you just maid my point valid with people like you we all would be making 5.00 an hour! and working in unsafe conditions. if you were smart and cared about your family you would seek out a union and see what they could do about getting you a job! or how to organize a union.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clifton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Garfield's Twitter Page (Jul '09) Dec 1 shore moved 912
News In Passaic, Acting Mayor Lora Looks to Run for ... Dec 1 ralphieapril 1
News Passaic mayor pleads guilty to bribery Dec 1 biglouie 1
What ever happen to the Sawyer Business School? (Jul '08) Nov 27 Joann 22
News Jersey neighbors offer Muslims support against ... Nov 27 REAL_TEXAN 5
News Five arrested, one hospitalized after two-hour ... (Jul '13) Nov 27 god wont help us 4
News Paterson fatal shooting targeted two in red Cad... Nov 23 Good dude 1

Clifton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Clifton Mortgages