old yeadon high student

Houston, TX

#1421 Jul 25, 2011
i can
Sick and tired

Chicago, IL

#1423 Aug 8, 2011
What bothers me about the decline of our neighborhoods is that many of them use to be thriving communities with unity and commerce. Then trash moves in and it all goes to hell in a handbasket. Chester is a prime example it use to be beautiful safe place to live and shop now it should be roped off and firebombed. Look at all the old beautiful homes in landsdown. As you drive through with your windows up and doors locked you wonder what these places looked like when the lawn was mowed and the paint was fresh. Now dont tell me you think it was always that way? Haha, no it was a thriving white community and trash moved in and what happened? People moved out and so did property values did to. You can get a huge home Landsdown, Darby, Chester, Collingdale...ect. For the price of a row home in Westbrook park and why is that? Cause your surrounded by trash. But you can't say this publicly cause it's racist and horrible. Well boohoo since when is the truth racist? Just keep hiding behind the fact the your great great great-grandfather was a slave. How long does it take to get your act together? I guess as long as mainstream society keeps catering to you and rubbing your back and telling you it's ok because the man is holding you down and you believe it nothing will change. I could go on and on but luckily for you welfare riding people I gotta get back to work. Enjoy

Since: Aug 11

Boise, ID

#1424 Aug 21, 2011
Anthony Cipriano wrote:
<quoted text>Jack Bright!!! You were a Yeadon legend and are still. I remember you well. All the guys from Krauss's corner that I am still in contact with are amazed that Joe Bonnette found this on the web. I'm talking about the Leboffe brothers, Jack Stango, Joe Ucciferro, Nick Sivieri, Pete and Chuckley Trazzera, and also Joe Rullo. Yeadon High School is still there. So is Evans And Bell Avenue. St. Louis school closed a while now. Don't know why though. If you feel like hearing from any of us let me know at [email protected] and I'll forwrd it for you. I got a good story (to me anyway bout one night at "The Slop House" steak shop on Island Rd. & Woodland. Take care.
Anthony, why was Mr. Bright such a legend?
You know

Havertown, PA

#1425 Aug 24, 2011
DRakKAr W wrote:
well i feel on how the people on this bitch have to be so damn prejiduce like i no that you guys are mad dat we taking over like that dj kahled video but stop haatinnnnnnn ahaha
Maybe learn how to spell and form proper sentences before you post. Thanks idiot.
Big Lips Hater

Havertown, PA

#1426 Aug 27, 2011
Blacks Ruin Everything !!

“Vote Republican”

Since: Aug 08

Wyandanch, NY

#1427 Aug 29, 2011
Big Lips Hater wrote:
You are an intellectual misfit!
I Agree

Havertown, PA

#1429 Aug 30, 2011
Go back 2 Africa wrote:
I hate ni&&ers !
WHO DOESN'T.
Longtimer upperdarbian

Springfield, PA

#1430 Sep 4, 2011
Big Lips Hater wrote:
Sad but true. Last night I witnessed a robbery/beating, 3 black guys attacking another at 5 am! This was rare before,now more common. Those like I who have been here a long time, see and know the difference from 50 years ago.
What I Dont Understand

Havertown, PA

#1432 Sep 5, 2011
What's the difference between a canoe and a black person?? A canoe tips!! I guess I do understand.

Since: Apr 07

Phillyburbs

#1433 Sep 7, 2011
What I Dont Understand wrote:
What's the difference between a canoe and a black person?? A canoe tips!! I guess I do understand.
My goodness. I'm a black woman, and I certainly tipped my waiter $10.00 last night at a restaurant.

Perhaps you need to meet some black folks with class. Just saying.
What I Dont Understand

Havertown, PA

#1434 Sep 14, 2011
Knoxxie wrote:
<quoted text>
My goodness. I'm a black woman, and I certainly tipped my waiter $10.00 last night at a restaurant.
Perhaps you need to meet some black folks with class. Just saying.
........I apologize to you.
rfalci

Prospect Park, PA

#1435 Nov 26, 2011
I am Caucasian and lived in Yeadon for over 25 years and my parents still live there. A lot of their neighbors are great, I mow my parents neighbor lawn for nothing because she is a single working Mom. The problem is that a lot of illegal things are occurring now and it is no longer safe to walk the streets at night. Crime has risen dramatically, shootings occur more in one year than my whole life living in Yeadon put together so call it what you want, but the facts are the facts. The new imports do view you as the outsider though they really are, making you feel very uncomfortable. I went through the Yeadon school system K-12 and didn't learn a lot due to the many distractions from the "illegal" Delco students because they were escaping the Philly school system. I graduated 7th in my class but when I went to college I was totally unprepared to compete with the vast majority of my classmates so I had to work twice as hard just to graduate with my BS in Pharmacy. Now, its a lot worse. The US does rank like 26 in the world in education and I know why.
Nobama

Upper Darby, PA

#1436 Oct 12, 2012
I guess everybody got tired and went home. Can't believe people argued for 1355 posts!
Wake-Up Call

Springfield, PA

#1437 Oct 15, 2012
Wake up Drexel Hill. Driving through Upper Darby (99.99%) black. They've taken over Upper Darby, PA. Moving down Garret Road towards Lansdowne avenue. Drexel Hill, you are next. Saw maybe 3 or 4 blacks walking around, and the For Sale signs are going up. Clifton Heights, you are next, if not already, too. See them outside the houses. Next they'll be hanging outside the Wawa. Just a Heads Up. Only a matter of time. Look at SW Philly. Same thing, a smattering of blacks, the floodgates opened,
Sensible 1

Springfield, PA

#1438 Oct 15, 2012
Umm Hajar wrote:
I moved here from Texas and Lansdowne is Very Very Very nice. Being Black and Muslim I have never felt more accepted in a community. Everyone waves even if they don't know, they speak, they don't just give you slant eyes. Upper Darby stands in start contrast to Lansdowne. Everytime time I walk through there I hear loud music, louder girls, boys walking with there pants off there rear, bums, crackheads and people staring upside my head. It's so bad a store owner told me she will sale her store to anyone just to get out of the neighborhood! When I first came here people warned to stay away from Upper Darby, they said soon as you cross long lane it goes downhill. I was like well it can't be that bad. Wrong!! I can't even take my Daughter to the park on Evergreen. It's guys hanging out at the park smoking dope, half naked girls, swearing and people walking Pitbulls. Upper Darby is a hot
mess.
It's a shame that all black people are lumped together, because of all the bad out there.
Sensible 1

Springfield, PA

#1439 Oct 15, 2012
SeanK wrote:
As for your complaints about the White People thread not commented on, Dave, maybe you should get ahold of some of "your people" , and get them on the job. Maybe if white people routinely moved into black neighborhoods and took them over with criminal activity thereby making the area more dangerous, you'd have an easier task. This is what has happened in many areas of Eastern Delco, like Upper Darby, when blacks have moved in. As I've stated before, it's just simple facts, and cannot be denied. The areas were never great when it was all poorer class white people, but the crimewaves that follow blacks into an area is incredibly destructive. And now in the ultimate form of revenge, all the younger white kids talk, dress, and act like black kids.
Some parts of the Grays Ferry ares around the old Naval hospital are seeing whites move in. But the other areas, not so.

“Don't Hate Me 'Cause I'm Right”

Since: Dec 08

Upper Darby

#1440 Oct 18, 2012
Sensible 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a shame that all black people are lumped together, because of all the bad out there.
Where the hell is Evergreen in Upper Darby????

Upper Darby

#1441 Oct 18, 2012
never say never wrote:
Hi,
I am currently living in my owned home in Philly. Almost 30 years and I have it set up just right.
My neighborhood was the best!!! However with the deaths of life long residents, houses were going quick. Section 8, investors from New York and New Jersey who buy cash cows and money makers then disappear. It has deteriorated. It is sad. The city does nothing. Can't mess with the flow of property tax.
Most new residents black, white, spanish etc prefer to buy ghetto blasting stereos for their 400.00 dollar cars. It does not cross their mind to buy a new screen for the torn one.
Why fix a broken window pane when one can buy a new CD.
The list goes on and on and on.
How does a storm door get punched out, handles torn off and strips of blinds broken,(again the list is endless) in the first couple of months of occupancy. These items had lasted for 25 years with the previous owner.
I wanted to move to Collingdale found 2 houses that I can afford (even with the high taxes) but now am very cautious after reading this.
I am older and this will be my last move.
I can not escape from the black, white and hispanic language that I hear.
If the words F--- S---C--- P------ and every variation there-in were not spoken these people would not be able to communicate. I can not retreat. I am already in my home.
Trying to talk to the parent is a disaster. One takes her life in her hands I now know why the children are as they are.
Does anyone know anything about the area where Hansen Terrace is?
Maybe I should just wait for the Mother Ship.
Thanks and Regards,
Terri
Hansen Ter is off McDade Blvd near the 102 Trolley line. If you don't like U.D. because of the trash that ruined it, then Colingdale isn't for you either. Hopefully you found that out by now.

Upper Darby

#1442 Oct 18, 2012
Umm Hajar wrote:
I moved here from Texas and Lansdowne is Very Very Very nice. Being Black and Muslim I have never felt more accepted in a community. Everyone waves even if they don't know, they speak, they don't just give you slant eyes. Upper Darby stands in start contrast to Lansdowne. Everytime time I walk through there I hear loud music, louder girls, boys walking with there pants off there rear, bums, crackheads and people staring upside my head. It's so bad a store owner told me she will sale her store to anyone just to get out of the neighborhood! When I first came here people warned to stay away from Upper Darby, they said soon as you cross long lane it goes downhill. I was like well it can't be that bad. Wrong!! I can't even take my Daughter to the park on Evergreen. It's guys hanging out at the park smoking dope, half naked girls, swearing and people walking Pitbulls. Upper Darby is a hot
mess.
Where the hell is Evergreen in Upper Darby??? Never heard of that street. And where are the "half naked girls"? Or were they just normally dressed girls that looked half naked to you because they didn't have their entire body covered because they were raised in a culture/religion that told them they were inferior, and had to hide themselves from the world, and feel ashamed?
Nobama

Alexandria, VA

#1443 Nov 1, 2012
Romney will win the election.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clifton Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Upper Darby to vote on name change to "Pale Hell" (Jan '12) Aug 31 Gaybriel 24
Drexeline Fresh Grocer might CLOSE (Oct '11) Aug 15 Al sharton 14
Drexeline ShopRite CHEAPER than Manoa SuperFresh (Sep '13) Aug 15 Al sharton 21
Debate: Obama-Marriage - Glenolden, PA (May '12) Aug 15 Al sharton 3
News Public schools and your money Aug 11 Manny 22
Why is there so much hate on this forum? Jul '15 Rebel Fighter 21
News 5 arrested in meth bust in Upper Darby and Drex... Jul '15 snifferhead2methhead 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Clifton Heights Mortgages