CDOD officers: Vacancies don't st...

CDOD officers: Vacancies don't stop efforts

There are 10 comments on the Carlsbad Current-Argus story from Mar 1, 2008, titled CDOD officers: Vacancies don't stop efforts. In it, Carlsbad Current-Argus reports that:

When the Carlsbad Department of Development soon makes its move from the Advanced Manufacturing and Innovation Training Center to downtown Carlsbad, the organization won't have to worry about bringing too much ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Carlsbad Current-Argus.

Insider

United States

#1 Mar 2, 2008
If the CDOD hired a "bulldog", he or she would not last 15 minutes with the current board makeup!
D Trump

Carlsbad, NM

#2 Mar 2, 2008
Suggested Reading "The Emperor's New Clothes".

And, why do I smell Vaseline anytime the name CDOD is mentioned?
outsider

Carlsbad, NM

#3 Mar 2, 2008
You mean the ultimate good ol' boys club?

“I think not”

Since: Mar 08

Carlsbad, NM

#4 Mar 2, 2008
outsider wrote:
You mean the ultimate good ol' boys club?
Thats what I say...#1 Why did Wayne Boling Resigned??? We will never know...#2Don George said,"is to facilitate Growth and developement" They "the good ol boys" will never let carlsbad GROW or have better JOBS for carlasbad residents.....Who are they trying ti kid??? Not me, my eyes and ears are wide open......
Re writing history

Alamogordo, NM

#5 Mar 2, 2008
Once again, the Current Anguish isn't about to let facts stand in the way of doing damage control for the CDOD. After all, the publisher is a member.

Boling didn't resign. Don George and Val Murrill fired him, or to be more exact, asked for his resignaion. This organization can't seem to be honest with us about anything, including the circumstances surrounding Wayne's departure.

It really seemed to bug them that he never moved his family to Carlsbad or registeed his car in New Mexico. Considering how flaky the leadership of CDOD is, you can't really blame him. Considering the quality of reporting coming from the newspaper, you really can't expect any more of them either...

“I think not”

Since: Mar 08

Carlsbad, NM

#6 Mar 3, 2008
Well i don't blame him for not moving here or registering his car here either, I am going to be moving out of carlsbad, hopefuly within the next 3-4 months, this town really can bring people down.There is no jobs, and on weekends nothing to do...So Mr. Boling must be doing better where he is now...And you sure did shed some light on the News Paper, thats why when you know of something but it does not get in the paper, now i get it, thats how it works, they put what they want you to READ....
CCA

El Paso, TX

#7 Mar 3, 2008
Mr. Boling was contacted for comment and opted not to say anything. How can you expect the Current-Argus to "correctly" report the facts when one side isn't commenting? What source would you have suggested?
Are you kidding

United States

#8 Mar 4, 2008
Why would the paper need a "source" when the publisher (and CDOD member) is well aware of the details surrounding Mr. Bolng's departure? He was briefed about the situation in detail before Boling was dismissed. And does it really come as any surprise that Mr. Boling declined to comment while collecting 90 days' severance? Those who run CDOD are just petty enough to take that away too.
calichick

Carlsbad, NM

#9 Mar 5, 2008
I personally was at meetings that Mr. Boling attended and I can tell you, for a fact, that he was not interested in the growth of Carlsbad. He was quite aloof and did not put forth a good front for anyone looking at our city for possible growth. I do agree that it would be difficult for any one person to work for the existing board. Way too many Chiefs and not enough Indians.
Not on the Board

Carlsbad, NM

#10 Mar 5, 2008
calichick wrote:
I personally was at meetings that Mr. Boling attended and I can tell you, for a fact, that he was not interested in the growth of Carlsbad. He was quite aloof and did not put forth a good front for anyone looking at our city for possible growth. I do agree that it would be difficult for any one person to work for the existing board. Way too many Chiefs and not enough Indians.
My observations of Mr. Boling are quite different than yours. His personality may have been a little reserved, but he did have Carlsbad's best interest at heart. While I don't think he intended to stay long term, he was not ready to leave yet. I believe that he was doing a good job, but your right that there are too many bosses to appease. The Board of Directors have very high expectations for the director but I'm not sure they are realistic. The exodus at the CDOD will likely continue in the future.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cliff Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News WNMU to continue recruiting DACA students despi... Wed Susanna 7
News Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Jun 26 Tony 625
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Jun 13 Joel 72,030
News Yes, Denny's is coming Jun 11 Tiger37 1
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) May '16 CrookedHillary 57
News Man charged with murder gets probation (Aug '08) May '16 operation greylord 45
News Murdered woman found at Mule Creek (Dec '08) Apr '16 wwwnorthfortyhomecom 7

Cliff Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cliff Mortgages