Puye Cliffs: Back to life

Puye Cliffs: Back to life

There are 8 comments on the The Santa Fe New Mexican story from May 13, 2009, titled Puye Cliffs: Back to life. In it, The Santa Fe New Mexican reports that:

Photo: A group of tourists hikes the lower part of the Puye Cliff Dwellings on Wednesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Santa Fe New Mexican.

Since: Jan 09

Amarillo, TX

#1 May 14, 2009
This is wonderful news. I have some neat (and authorized) video from a tour in 1987. I'll be eager to return to see the renewed area.
R Martinez

Albuquerque, NM

#2 May 14, 2009
My family and I had quite a few trips to Santa Clara canyon, I think that it was the greatest place to take a weekend camping trip. It was always clean and you could count on catching some fish at the ponds.
I hope to one day take my grandkids back up there.
We miss it.
M Pamela Bumsted

Anchorage, AK

#3 May 14, 2009
Congratulations all. Special places can be "loved to death" without planning. The last time I visited, was just after the fire. Hope to be back soon.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#4 May 14, 2009
I didn't know this place even existed until after the Cerro Grande Fire. How did I miss it? I look forward to taking a tour soon.
Sauni Garcia

Albuquerque, NM

#5 May 14, 2009
Attended opening and cannot say enough about what a great experience for locals. Thank you Santa Clara Pueblo for your efforts and for sharing. And as in Hawaii when you steal lava from the volcanoes or you steal shards/artifacts from Mother Earth...you pay in bad luck that follows.
Dave in Austin

Bartlesville, OK

#6 May 14, 2009
It was a favorite camping spot of my family's back in the late 60s and early 70s. The cliff dwellings were open to any and all and obviously suffered the more for it. I vividly remember seeing pottery sherds laying about everywhere. I plan on visiting when I'm out there in July. I'm glad to see that Puye will be well managed and better taken care of for the enjoyment of those to come.
In Santa fe

Los Alamos, NM

#7 May 14, 2009
I had lots of good times in Santa Clara canyon with family and friends..
Rush Is Right

Los Alamos, NM

#8 May 14, 2009
It will be nice to finally get to see since I moved here after the 2000 fire.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cliff Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Sun Barmsweb 72,037
News Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Sep 22 Tony 627
News Santa Clara mayor Imelda Lopez resigns (Jul '09) Sep 17 Youwishusetobethere 4
News Reward offered in rash of burglaries (Sep '09) Sep 13 Sick of Stupidity 40
News Southwest Print Fiesta will be held on Labor Da... Aug '16 just asking 1
News Luna County enters Joint Powers Agreement for C... (Jun '15) Aug '16 save the water 5
News DA Walks Away from what should have been a DUI ... Jul '16 Vera lane 1

Cliff Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cliff Mortgages