Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 71,544
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#69530 Mar 16, 2014
End of debate with Stefano unless an intelligent point is made. All the points made by Stefano till now are childish and unintellectual.

Location hidden

#69531 Mar 16, 2014
HUGH,

Please come online.

I miss you.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#69532 Mar 16, 2014
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
How about a plaque acknowledging that atheists died there too, not just Xtians. For f$&k sakes, even Arlington cemetery allows atheist symbols on headstones.
Wiccans dedicate grave at Arlington

http://www.stripes.com/news/wiccans-dedicate-...

Location hidden

#69533 Mar 16, 2014
typo

or to bear WITH ill-will simply because a god would
REPORTS

Spring Hill, FL

#69534 Mar 16, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
End of debate with Stefano unless an intelligent point is made. All the points made by Stefano till now are childish and unintellectual.
thousands of posts

why

easy target

value

none

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#69535 Mar 16, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, to an extent but in many ways no.
For example, betrayal, rape or falsely implicating an innocent person are absolute wrongs.
Further, a moral person would rather starve than murder someone to fill his stomach, a moral female would rather die than get raped, a moral mother would rather save her kid than herself, a moral leader would rather step down from power than ruin his nation, a moral student would rather fail an exam than cheat and so on.
These are some examples of absolute morality in life.
Morality is a social construct. Some might also argue it is a religious concept, and others might argue that religion is also a social construct. The point is, of course, that ultimately morality DOES depends upon conditions.

Stefano, although often obnoxious and arrogant, is 100% correct. Credit is deserved when credit is due.

Location hidden

#69536 Mar 16, 2014
Now, I'm tuning in to BBC World to catch the latest headlines. Then a quick shower and later I'll have juice. Bye.

Location hidden

#69537 Mar 16, 2014
The Indian election scene is hotting up as elections to the Central Parliament near. The nexus among corrupt politicians, venal journalists, blood and scam industrialists, sinister international intel agencies and criminals is on open display while the gullible masses are being led on as usual. I will not be voting as I find not a single political party or a single candidate worth voting for.

Location hidden

#69538 Mar 16, 2014
Now, for some juice and then it's time to relax with music and a book that I am reading at present on the Kashmir insurgency and the role of Islamic terror organizations fueling it. China is also facing a Muslim insurrection. Recently, a dozen Muslim terrorists knifed to death 30 or more innocent persons at a railway station in China as a way of making their secessionist demands known to the authorities who've of late cracked down on the separatists. Bye.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#69539 Mar 16, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
I rarely eat Indian food but when I go for local cuisine I eat the rare authentic dishes.
The best Indian food over here is at the swank restaurants of the Taj like Masala Kraft and the Konkan Cafe.
The Indian fare that's dished out in the US/UK is tempered to suit western palates while the authentic dish is spicier and prepared in a frying pan or in a tandoor (clay oven).
Chicken tikka masala is an ordinary non-veg dish back here where the menu spread is overwhelming and the aromas are wow!
I don't eat meat/fish.
Chicken Tikka Masala here is made with tandoori chicken (in the clay oven). When ordering you are given a choice of how "hot"/spicy you would like it served. I have been increasing my level of hotness!:)) Our favorite place is quite good.

To my thinking, food does not have to be fancy or expensive to be good. some of the best food is very local, regional. and causally presented. such as going to the southern US and having good ribs or chili or good local fare. Or a good cheesesteak in Philadelphia.

Though I've never been to India, we did have some good Indian food in London. I believe you folks used to be owned by them.

But glad to hear you enjoy good food. On the way to Hong Kong I sat next to a non-meat-eating Indian on the plane. He explained to me how he could not eat cows because they are sacred and also helped them historically to work the land and they were almost like dogs are to Americans, part of the family.

Different strokes for different folks.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#69540 Mar 16, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
and wiccan
Sure. If it's open to Xtians, should be open to everyone else as well. Don't know why Xtians should get special treatment, and am shocked to learn that Rick would support Xtian privilege.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#69541 Mar 16, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Wiccans dedicate grave at Arlington
http://www.stripes.com/news/wiccans-dedicate-...
Lots to choose from...

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_...
former res

Cheshire, CT

#69542 Mar 16, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, in many instances, atheism has made people immoral, cruel and harsh.
How?
Many atheists advocate sex between siblings with a condom, next they may advocate sex between son-mother, father-daughter.
The religious man is deluded by mumbo jumbo of faith but in all religions there are strong commands to do be moral and to do good.
See, an ordinary religious man can be intrinsically evil but in most cases, under normal circumstances, he's most likely to forgive, give much of his earnings to the poor or to bear ill-will simply because a god would want him to behave in this benign manner. On the other hand,. many atheists have nothing to restrain them like say belief in a supernatural power to keep their behavior or their morals in check. This is my observation on many occasions.
Atheism draws much of its morals from Buddhism and Jainism and from the benign facets of Semitic faiths.
My friend, with all due respect - you are sounding like a fool here.

Atheism itself has no morals. It is simply the absence of religious belief/faith.

Most of our parents taught us and showed us by example or values and how to treat our fellow man.

I am not religious but I do follow the Golden Rule. IMO any decent person would.

Please explain this statement:

"Many atheists advocate sex between siblings with a condom, next they may advocate sex between son-mother, father-daughter."

Who and where are these people? Please provide links/sources to support your claims.

And this:

"This is my observation on many occasions.
Atheism draws much of its morals from Buddhism and Jainism and from the benign facets of Semitic faiths."

Your anecdotal evidence is only interesting and of value to you, not to the wider more informed discussion.

Atheism does not draw anything form anywhere.

It is simply the absence of a theistic belief system.

Thank you and I hope we can still be friends after I have pointed out your blatant idiocy on this subject.

Kisses.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#69543 Mar 16, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
Now, I'm tuning in to BBC World to catch the latest headlines. Then a quick shower and later I'll have juice. Bye.
I want your life.

BBC and juice.

I think I want to BE you!

:)))

Location hidden

#69544 Mar 16, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

Chicken Tikka Masala here is made with tandoori chicken (in the clay oven). When ordering you are given a choice of how "hot"/spicy you would like it served. I have been increasing my level of hotness!:)) Our favorite place is quite good.
No, it's not the same as the authentic fare served in India.

Location hidden

#69545 Mar 16, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

To my thinking, food does not have to be fancy or expensive to be good.

Some of the best food is very local, regional. and causally presented. such as going to the southern US and having good ribs or chili or good local fare.

Or a good cheesesteak in Philadelphia.
Had you been to the top restaurants especially the Michelin starred ones you'd would not say what you have stated above.

But, then, you're not a connoisseur of specialty foods or of refined ambiences and so you wouldn't know the difference.

Well, anyway, you can consider your limited exposure to world foods as good for you.

Location hidden

#69546 Mar 16, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

We did have some good Indian food in London.
In London, the best Indian restaurants are Ameya, Veeraswamy and Chutney Mary - they're swank, authentic, overpriced and run by Carmelia Panjabi and her sister Namita.

The Cambridge educated Camelia, who was awarded a MBE by the Queen for her invaluable contribution to the food scene in London, is a F & B/style consultant to the Taj Group of Hotels though these days she is more focussed on her multi-million pound restaurant businesses in the UK.

Location hidden

#69547 Mar 16, 2014
former res wrote:

<quoted text>

On the way to Hong Kong I sat next to a non-meat-eating Indian on the plane. He explained to me how he could not eat cows because they are sacred and also helped them historically to work the land and they were almost like dogs are to Americans, part of the family.

Different strokes for different folks.
The taboo against beef eating among the Hindus is superstition.

In the Vedas, the Sanskrit word "gau" has more than 30 contextual meanings most which deal with lofty states of consciousness.

However, the ignorant Hindu masses infer the word 'gau" to mean a cow, the animal. But, at the same time, in the Vedas, as far my knowledge goes, certain seers like Manu have warned against killing of cows for reasons pertaining to its supposed benevolence and due to its so-called spiritual qualities in the animal kingdom.

If a person eats meat, then he should go the whole hog and eat any thing that walks on fours.

Meat is simply a source of proteins among other nutrients.

I am against cruelty to animals.

Location hidden

#69548 Mar 16, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

Atheism itself has no morals. It is simply the absence of religious belief/faith.
All that is trivia.

Every ism is based on a certain set of values like for instance atheism stands for negation of god for want of evidence but at the same time it espouses the same old religious values of doing good, respect for parents, nonstealing, etc.

Every atheist that I have met has a moral code that he/she carries with him/her.

Our parents taught us morals but our parents who could have been believers received these morals from religion and if they happened to be atheists then they learned about morals from their parents who got these morals from religion and so on.

The higher morals usually originate in religion especially from Buddhism and Jainism.

Can you show me any ancient society dating back millennia whose moral code has not been derived either directly or indirectly from religion?

Location hidden

#69549 Mar 16, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

I am not religious but I do follow the Golden Rule. IMO any decent person would.
Morals are a mode of conflict resolution and/or of self-preservation at the primitive level of society but the higher morals invariably originated in the minds/practices of the sages of old and the sages of old were either philosophers or mystic-philosophers especially the latter.
Buddhism/Jainism have by far the sublimest moral code.

Nothing can beat their moral teachings.

I can scarcely believe that sages like the Buddha or Mahavira walked the face of the earth.

I bow to such great human beings for the sublime moral teachings they gave to the masses and for the loftiness of character they displayed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cliff Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gila Cliff Dwellings National Monument may rais... 5 hr msgtdon 1
Town council approves restoration of the Silco ... Jan 23 Tony Betterton 2
Carlsbad air service provider will not renew co... Jan 23 Maybe 2
Silver City police search landfill for missing ... (Jun '11) Jan 23 citizencares 22
Your View: Letters to the editor (April 5) (Apr '11) Jan 13 Adl 5
Silver City-Grant County TEA Party Patriots hos... (Apr '14) Jan 7 WherdaPhuckawee 2
Grant County Corruption (Apr '10) Jan 5 curli 7
Cliff Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Cliff People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:13 pm PST

NBC Sports12:13PM
Miami gets record donation from former 'Cane Calais Campbell