Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 71,544
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#67792 Feb 19, 2014
http://www.xtians.org/

Xtians - Christianity for the 21st Century

Welcome to Xtians!

It has been our vision for quite some time to provide a forum for a Christian think-tank to examine issues we will be facing in the future. To some extent much of the written content of Christian thought on the Internet deals with issues as they were, past-tense. The flip side of this is that many times issues are tackled that are only of superficial relevance for the future. Here at Xtians we want to extrapolate the interaction of a Christian worldview with various fields of thought into important scenarios and issues human beings will be facing in 5 to 50 years.

Location hidden

#67793 Feb 19, 2014
I guess xtians.org didnt get the memo from Hughbe

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#67794 Feb 19, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
When I googled Xtians, google automatically linked my query to a wikipedia page on Christianity with "(Xtianity)" next to the link. So apparently Google recognizes the convention as well.
AS goes Google (and Mac), so goes the world
And then there's this...

http://www.snopes.com/holidays/christmas/xmas...

Where Snopes debunks the idea that replacing Christ with X is disrespectful.

Location hidden

#67795 Feb 19, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
At this point, it appears Huggy's persecution complex has gotten the best of him, to the point where he is either incapable or unwilling to think clearly on the matter.

Best to let him sulk in his own self-dillusional misery. He's officially in time out again until he can show us that he is capable of learning by incorporating the abundant information that has been spoon fed to him.

Location hidden

#67796 Feb 19, 2014
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
At this point, it appears Huggy's persecution complex has gotten the best of him, to the point where he is either incapable or unwilling to think clearly on the matter.
Best to let him sulk in his own self-dillusional misery. He's officially in time out again until he can show us that he is capable of learning by incorporating the abundant information that has been spoon fed to him.
Yeah, I go back and forth on whether I am better ignoring him or answering him. It appears we have provided quite a bit of supportive information. Either one digests or one doesnt.

That said, I normally dont use the xtian convention, but now that I know what it is all about, I have no qualms using it in my posts with Hughbe or any one for that matter.

I cant say the same for JUDAHITE, which clearly exists as a tinged figment of his imagination.

Location hidden

#67797 Feb 19, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
ok, sure - but I still want some chocolate!
Effects on the Mind
Noted sex therapist Dr. Ruth Westheimer says of this "wicked pleasure" that "the taste of chocolate is a sensual pleasure in itself, existing in the same world as sex." The reason? Chocolate stimulates the release of endorphins, natural hormones produced by the brain, that generates feelings of pleasure and promotes a sense of well being. Chocolate may also make a person feel better by directly interacting with the brain. One of the ingredients in chocolate is tryptophan, an essential amino acid needed by the brain to produce serotonin. Serotonin is a mood-modulating neurotransmitter, the brain's "happy chemical." High levels of serotonin can give rise to feelings of happiness.(1,3)

http://www.medicalwellnessassociation.com/art...

Location hidden

#67798 Feb 19, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
That said, I normally dont use the xtian convention, but now that I know what it is all about, I have no qualms using it in my posts with Hughbe or any one for that matter.
Huggy should also make himself familiar with the Streisand effect...

The Streisand effect is the phenomenon whereby an attempt to hide, remove, or censor a piece of information has the unintended consequence of publicizing the information more widely, usually facilitated by the Internet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect

Location hidden

#67799 Feb 19, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
I cant say the same for JUDAHITE, which clearly exists as a tinged figment of his imagination.
Clearly, Huggy is not a very nice person who has a serious issue with Judaism above all other religions. Sometime, I think the term anti-semite is thrown about too casually, but in his case, it is absolutely apropos.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#67800 Feb 19, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
When I googled Xtians, google automatically linked my query to a wikipedia page on Christianity with "(Xtianity)" next to the link. So apparently Google recognizes the convention as well.
AS goes Google (and Mac), so goes the world
Then again I bet google knows the n word too.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#67801 Feb 19, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
Maybe it really is like the n word, where they can call each other one but you can't.

What the hell do I know?
former res

Cheshire, CT

#67802 Feb 19, 2014
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
And then there's this...
http://www.snopes.com/holidays/christmas/xmas...
Where Snopes debunks the idea that replacing Christ with X is disrespectful.
I've also noticed you can't copy and paste from snopes.

I like snopes.
E23Jer34

Klaksvík, Faroe Islands

#67803 Feb 19, 2014
Jews do profit when non jews are christians.

Otherwise jews would never get smart gentile people believe in the bible or that jews are supposed to be a "chosen race"

It's ONLY because of christianity that jews get so much of influence and financial support in Isreal.

So if i were jews i would watch out what you said - You might piss enough of people of so they would turn away from Christianity.
E23Jer34

Klaksvík, Faroe Islands

#67804 Feb 19, 2014
It's ONLY because of christianity that jews get so much of influence and financial support in USA.

Those zionist christians are the only reason why some americans still give moral support to Isreal.

When you lose that you lose all moral support in USA because they are fed up with you.

We know that jews have possesed the US governments, and do work to ban weapons and try to plunge USA to war with arabic countries.

Location hidden

#67805 Feb 19, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I've also noticed you can't copy and paste from snopes.
I like snopes.
Could be your browser. I can cut and paste no problem...

Claim: Xmas' is a modern, disrespectful abbreviation of the word 'Christmas.'

FALSE

Origins: The abbreviation of 'Xmas' for 'Christmas' is neither modern nor disrespectful. The notion that it is a new and vulgar representation of the word 'Christmas' seems to stem from the erroneous

belief that the letter 'X' is used to stand for the word 'Christ' because of its resemblance to a cross, or that the abbreviation was deliberately concocted "to take the 'Christ' out of Christmas."

Actually, this usage is nearly as old as Christianity itself, and its origins lie in the fact that the first letter in the Greek word for 'Christ' is 'chi,' and the Greek letter 'chi' is represented by a symbol similar to the letter 'X' in the modern Roman alphabet. Hence 'Xmas' is indeed perfectly legitimate abbreviation for the word 'Christmas'(just as 'Xian' is also sometimes used as an abbreviation of the word 'Christian').

None of this means that Christians (and others) aren't justified in feeling slighted when people write 'Xmas' rather than 'Christmas,' but the point is that the abbreviation was not created specifically for the purpose of demeaning Christ, Christians, Christianity, or Christmas — it's a very old artifact of a very different language.
Read more at http://www.snopes.com/holidays/christmas/xmas...
E23Jer34

Klaksvík, Faroe Islands

#67806 Feb 19, 2014
I don't realy think that jews wish for americans to become atheist or pagan.

And i certainly don't think they want americans to become jews. Jews think they are holy and a chosen race - thats why they don't evangalize.

they rather want to stay within the family so to speak.
E23Jer34

Klaksvík, Faroe Islands

#67807 Feb 19, 2014
Cult of reason.::

Christianity is not original at all. Christianity is a copy of the pagan scandianian Yule.

There is nothing original with christianity!
E23Jer34

Klaksvík, Faroe Islands

#67808 Feb 19, 2014
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yule

Christmass is a copy of Yule.!!!
There is nothing original with the jewish invention of christmass!!
former res

Cheshire, CT

#67809 Feb 19, 2014
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Could be your browser. I can cut and paste no problem...
Claim: Xmas' is a modern, disrespectful abbreviation of the word 'Christmas.'
FALSE
Origins: The abbreviation of 'Xmas' for 'Christmas' is neither modern nor disrespectful. The notion that it is a new and vulgar representation of the word 'Christmas' seems to stem from the erroneous
belief that the letter 'X' is used to stand for the word 'Christ' because of its resemblance to a cross, or that the abbreviation was deliberately concocted "to take the 'Christ' out of Christmas."
Actually, this usage is nearly as old as Christianity itself, and its origins lie in the fact that the first letter in the Greek word for 'Christ' is 'chi,' and the Greek letter 'chi' is represented by a symbol similar to the letter 'X' in the modern Roman alphabet. Hence 'Xmas' is indeed perfectly legitimate abbreviation for the word 'Christmas'(just as 'Xian' is also sometimes used as an abbreviation of the word 'Christian').
None of this means that Christians (and others) aren't justified in feeling slighted when people write 'Xmas' rather than 'Christmas,' but the point is that the abbreviation was not created specifically for the purpose of demeaning Christ, Christians, Christianity, or Christmas — it's a very old artifact of a very different language.
Read more at http://www.snopes.com/holidays/christmas/xmas...
Hey thanks.

Now I can too.

I wonder if something changed - maybe on my end.

I have Explorer.

Interesting article too.

It seems just folks are just waiting around to be insulted or persecuted.

We all need to get over it.

It's all good.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#67810 Feb 19, 2014
E23Jer34 wrote:
Christianity is not original at all. Christianity is a copy of the pagan scandianian Yule.
I thought Xtians were just competed Jews.

Kidding guys!!

:))

Location hidden

#67811 Feb 19, 2014
E23Jer34 wrote:
Preaching to the choir.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cliff Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Town council approves restoration of the Silco ... Fri Tony Betterton 2
Carlsbad air service provider will not renew co... Fri Maybe 2
Silver City police search landfill for missing ... (Jun '11) Fri citizencares 22
Your View: Letters to the editor (April 5) (Apr '11) Jan 13 Adl 5
Silver City-Grant County TEA Party Patriots hos... (Apr '14) Jan 7 WherdaPhuckawee 2
Grant County Corruption (Apr '10) Jan 5 curli 7
Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Dec 28 Simo2504 616
Cliff Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Cliff People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:13 pm PST

NBC Sports12:13PM
Miami gets record donation from former 'Cane Calais Campbell
NFL 5:29 AM