Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Comments (Page 2,800)

Showing posts 55,981 - 56,000 of65,118
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: just because someone calls themselves orthodox, conservative, messianic or reform, does not mean they really are true to G-D here in TheTorah.
Correct. We have examples here.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Kohanim are the priests who officiated over sacrifices but these days they're connected with aliyah or first reading of the Torah in beyt knessets or synagogues.
Rabbi has shades of meanings and has evolved over time. Roughly, it is a teacher of Torah.
Give me the different shades
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Intelligence and Hugh are oxymorons.
The second part of the word "oxymoron" which is "moron" suits you better.
Joel---Intelligence and Hugh are oxymorons.

Hugh--- Massive surprise. After all, Hugh means MIND and you see no connection between mind and intelligence.

Big surprise, Mon.

Love.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: 100% of americans, are religious
HughBe--- The American born Frijoles believes otherwise. He challenged my point that they were like Jamaicans i.e. religious and not SECULAR.
rabbee: how can anyone claim as you did, that secular is not a religion that disavows G-D. everything in physical totality, has a religion even the atoms and electrons. even the galaxy, sun, moon, and the earth, all have a religious assigned non-secular relationship with each other. as they are all doing, what G-D said.

only the subtle talking critters, have the mental free will ability to deny we are all doing what G-D commands, for earth Angels or devils.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Had you been just averagely intelligent you wouldn't call the teachings of the Tanakh "righteous" considering that it's chock full with every perversion that can be imagined all of which militate against basic decency and are opposed to the laws of being and becoming.
Have you ever wondered why most Jews are atheist, rationalist, secular humanist or have turned in large numbers to eastern mysticism? The reason is due to the mass of perversions and illogic found in the Tanakh that no sane, rational or compassionate person can ever condone or accept.
Joel---Have you ever wondered why most Jews are atheist, rationalist, secular humanist or have turned in large numbers to eastern mysticism?

Hugh--- No need to wonder. They are fed up with the LIES, stupidity and hate of rabbis plus they see the Talmud for what it is.

In essence they are honest.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: how can anyone claim as you did, that secular is not a religion that disavows G-D. everything in physical totality, has a religion even the atoms and electrons. even the galaxy, sun, moon, and the earth, all have a religious assigned non-secular relationship with each other. as they are all doing, what G-D said.
only the subtle talking critters, have the mental free will ability to deny we are all doing what G-D commands, for earth Angels or devils.
rabbee: how can anyone claim as you did, that secular is not a religion that disavows G-D.

HughBe--- SECULAR is NOT a religion. Here is a dictionary's definition. Note, it is not my PRIVATE opinion.

Secular: "not having any connection with religion"

So secular if it has no connection cannot be a religion.

Next, secular does not say that there is no god it says I do not not know if there is a god or I am not connected to any god.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Correction, secular is saying one of the 3 below.

1. There is no god.

2. I do not know that there is a god.

3. I am not connected to any god.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe---I have never compared myself to rabbis in terms of compassion but I can say this I like people generally. I am moved by the suffering of others and may even cry. I like white people. I like Indians. I like Arabs. I like people. I wish for ALL mankind good health and a happy life. That includes rabbis.
Frijoles---But yet you actually believe that Gay people are sick and in need of treatment.
HughBe--- Joel quoted some scientific source that basically said that their brains were wired a bit differently from the norm. This speaks to ABNORMALITY and a confirmation of my position.
It is compassion that would lead me or anyone else to take care of the sick.
Frijoles--- When the rest of the world believes otherwise. Dont you realize how demeaning your attitudes are? You are not compassionate to humankind. You are compassionate to only those who meet your strict subjective standards.
HughBe-- The masses have never known the truth, initially.
rabbee: oh come on, this whole world is not here in TheTorah mentally sick. this is why there is such, diversity religiously. resulting in hell and death, from pestilence, plague, and famine. rejection of G-D here in TheTorah, will make you all diversely insane in religious idolatry.

your disbelief of G-D, here in TheTorah, has resulted in the insanity of the religious worship of halooseefers idolatrous homosexuality. like all other, mental illness against G-D. the degree of insanity, is inversely proportional to your actual distance from G-D here in TheTorah. i suggest you all go no further from G-D, here in TheTorah. least your dementia, become permanently irreversible.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Will is not just a matter of making choices but is the doer and in its more potent states it is the mover and shaker of energy and consciousness.
Even in the ordinary state of consciousness, the will is the factor that controls or guides our muscles and thoughts and habits but in the ordinary state the will is dominated by the subconscious and is thus its slave.
The foundation of will that inheres in consciousness and energy is free and all powerful that can manipulate the ranges of energy and consciousness the way it wishes to.
This is the yogic condition or application of the will which ordinary people do not possess.
Will is rarely free in most human beings.
In most people, the will is free within extremely narrow limits and is conditioned by genes, subconscious responses and environmental influences.
The better one's genes and environmental impulses are then the subconscient is cleaner and more open to positive suggestions and with certain intense concentration practices if one gradually ascends the hierarchy of consciousness-energy as a living experience the freer and the more potent the inherent will becomes as its higher aspects steadily manifest.
HughBe---It (Free will) means VOLUNTARY and not INVOLUNTARY. So free will means a person can CHOOSE to do or not to do. Free to believe or not believe.

SLAVERY means no free will.

Joel---Will is not just a matter of making choices

Hugh--- NOT JUST, is noted.

Joel---Will is rarely free in most human beings.In most people, the will is free within extremely narrow limits and is conditioned by genes, subconscious responses and environmental influences.

HughBe--- Don't blame people for their actions, is the implication of your words. I am reminded of your parents. Elaborate if you are so moved.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct. We have examples here.
rabbee: well i would say that, everyone not here in TheTorah. thinks they are, some kind of high priest.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
HUGH,
Can psychotherapy and hormone shots undo one's gene patterns and the concomitant brain wiring that in the embryonic stage determine sexual orientation?
I have not heard of single case of a 100 percent gay person set straight.
As I stated earlier, a bisexual person can be influenced by psychotherapy to curb his or her gay behavior since the potential of heterosexuality inheres in his bisexual nature and which he routinely employs in sexual relationships with members of the opposite gender but for a 100 percent gay person to begin manifesting sexual feelings for members of the opposite gender is impossible since the genetic potential for being sexually attracted to a member of the opposite gender simply does not exist in his or her genes and so the brain wiring in this context of a full blown gay is set.
Take Boy George for example. He is 100 percent gay. No amount of counseling, hypnosis or medication can influence him to turn heterosexual.
Better leave him to his natural instincts.
The important point to note is this - sexuality like say left handedness should be considered as inborn instincts and every effort should be made to make the person concerned feel welcome and comfortable with his or her nature unless the person indulges in criminal activities but then criminality and insanity are not the exclusive preserve of homosexuals or left-handed individuals.
Criminality and mental instability are neither gay nor heterosexual nor left handed nor right handed behavioral patterns. These adverse manifestations are products of genes and environment and can manifest wherever such perverse instincts exist.
Joel---I have not heard of single case of a 100 percent gay person set straight.

Hugh--- What about a 100% Schizophrenia?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Beg to differ. You keep going off on that tangent rant - a hijacking of sorts - but the rant I was primarily focusing on from the beginning was your jihad against the rabbis. My point is you have never acknowledged meeting in person ANY MEMBER of this population you take issue to. Thus your entire viewpoint is theoretical. Hence my oft repeated comment that you are tilting at windows (Do they read Don Quijote in Jamaica?)
But to humor you I may reply to your tangent in my next post.
Learn to be truthful. I can go back and prove that you are a liar.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
We differ in our definition of religious. The notion of religiousity that you use is rooted in Christianity. Simply put, it is less appropriate when discussing Judaism. In Judaism, the meaningful poles of division are between observance and nonobservance, and belief in God really does not correlate with either of those poles. In fact, these arent really even divisions, most Jews are somewhere in between the two poles, making the word secular totally besides the point.
As of Jamaica, that country has totally different cultural history and I doubt that the societies are all that similar to the US in weltanschauung (Do they teach anthropology in Jamaica?).
<quoted text>
Doofus, you have (RE)discovered the part of the ETHNIC label in Ethno-religious. Do you feel like a genius now?
Frijoles--We differ in our definition of religious

HughBe---My definition of RELIGIOUS is standard and NORMAL and the sane people of the world accept it and it is to be found in the dictionaries of the world.

You private definition is to be found among those that are "special"

It made no sense to read beyond your opening CS.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: how can anyone claim as you did, that secular is not a religion that disavows G-D.
HughBe--- SECULAR is NOT a religion. Here is a dictionary's definition. Note, it is not my PRIVATE opinion.
Secular: "not having any connection with religion"
So secular if it has no connection cannot be a religion.
Next, secular does not say that there is no god it says I do not not know if there is a god or I am not connected to any god.
rabbee: so you think a dictionary, written by fallible men cannot lie? if you are religiously refusing to discuss, G-D as commanded here in TheTorah. then that is your demonic religion, of the more subtle than any other pagan talking beast of the fields. even lions, tigers, zebras, and trees all have their religious differences. even an occult religion, is still a religion. neither G-D nor i anymore, are buying your philosophy there can be any critter without a religion. when that's what makes them, more subtle than any of you religiously.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

you! are all religious creatures of habits religiously. whether religiously for, or against G-D here in TheTorah. as even i got, all my religious habits from G-D. and is assigned, according to our mental attitude, for or against G-D here in TheTorah.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: oh come on, this whole world is not here in TheTorah mentally sick. this is why there is such, diversity religiously. resulting in hell and death, from pestilence, plague, and famine. rejection of G-D here in TheTorah, will make you all diversely insane in religious idolatry.
your disbelief of G-D, here in TheTorah, has resulted in the insanity of the religious worship of halooseefers idolatrous homosexuality. like all other, mental illness against G-D. the degree of insanity, is inversely proportional to your actual distance from G-D here in TheTorah. i suggest you all go no further from G-D, here in TheTorah. least your dementia, become permanently irreversible.
Adam--- the degree of insanity, is inversely proportional to your actual distance from G-D here in TheTorah.

HughBe--- I believe that you have it in the reverse order. Effectively you have said that as the distance from God increases the insanity decreases. Think about it.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: well i would say that, everyone not here in TheTorah. thinks they are, some kind of high priest.
I am no priest, I am a witness of truth.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: so you think a dictionary, written by fallible men cannot lie? if you are religiously refusing to discuss, G-D as commanded here in TheTorah. then that is your demonic religion, of the more subtle than any other pagan talking beast of the fields. even lions, tigers, zebras, and trees all have their religious differences. even an occult religion, is still a religion. neither G-D nor i anymore, are buying your philosophy there can be any critter without a religion. when that's what makes them, more subtle than any of you religiously.
Dictionaries provide what is called STANDARD or accepted meaning. Where the problem is in when someone has a PRIVATE meaning that no one else accepts or knows about.

Let us use poison as an example.

Dictionary--Poison= something that can kill or make you sick.

A private -- poison=food.

Do you see the problem?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

goodbye
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Adam--- the degree of insanity, is inversely proportional to your actual distance from G-D here in TheTorah.
HughBe--- I believe that you have it in the reverse order. Effectively you have said that as the distance from God increases the insanity decreases. Think about it.
rabbee: i said inversely proportional, not proportional. inversely proportional, results in the square of the distance. twice the distance, decreases flux by a factor of 4.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 55,981 - 56,000 of65,118
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Cliff Discussions

Search the Cliff Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Community education classes continue in April 16 hr Carrie Nation 2
NM Republican Martinez claims NM governor's seat (Nov '10) Thu Joe 221
No charges yet in deadly shooting (May '11) Thu Silver 11
Dr. Twana Sparks (Dec '09) Thu Silver 43
New Mexico to receive new veterans cemeteries Apr 16 all well 1
Silver City-Grant County TEA Party Patriots hos... Apr 5 Jackie 1
Santa Clara Police Officer Arrested (Feb '12) Apr 4 Peon 16
•••
•••