Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 71939 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#57677 Sep 3, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Authorship hardly matters, what counts is the substance/contents of the scripture.
If you insist on authorship, tell me how can it ever be verified that the teachings/practices in Tanach were revealed to the patriarchs by their G-d, El?
So, no one can prove whether the teachings of Tanach, Quran or NT are revelations from some G-d whose existence cannot be verified and even if for argument's sake we assume that this typal being calling itself G-d exists, how do you know if he actually spoke to Moses or to Jesus or to someone else.
Even if the teachings of NT can be traced directly to Jesus, what does it matter since in this case too where the authorship has been established, the worth of the NT or of Jesus will be evaluated on the basis of the quality of the teachings. If the verified words of Jesus are found lacking, out goes his reputation and he and his teachings get ignored by the thinking section of society.
So, if you're averagely intelligent, which obviously you're not, you'd never insist on something as flimsy as authorship.
Instead, you'd be more concerned with the quality of the contents of a scripture.
I think you may not have seen the entire thread discussion. There were claims about authorship that I challenged. I agree with your analysis regarding authorship but it seems based on your other responses you are the one of less than average intelligence.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#57678 Sep 3, 2013
Among the Semitic cults figures, only Jesus claimed, during moments of deep monistic trance leading to the recall of his supporting typal nature, that he was an incarnation of El on earth, while the Hebrew patriarchs and Muhammad made no such claim about themselves and simply announced that they were messengers of their common G-d. Of course, the Hebrew patriarchs and Muhammad were suitable human media that were penetrated by certain aspects of the plenitude of El's typal nature which as a result manifested in them in the infused form as a voice, sound, light, heat, cold, shivering, frothing at the mouth, burning bush, ascending stairway and the like which are typical vital forms.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#57679 Sep 3, 2013
HughBe wrote:
Oh, don't be afraid I shall give you a YES or NO to your question as promised.
Satan loves you.

Location hidden

#57680 Sep 3, 2013
Wasabi in the Taj serves superlative and authentic Japanese food - everything from the ingredients, wines, water, tableware, linen, furniture, lights, carpets, kitchen equipment and paintings is imported from the best producers in Japan. It is one of the top 50 or so restaurants in the world. It's truly a treat and a delight to visit the Wasabi given its high profile reputation, uber-luxe interiors, rave nouvelle and haute menus and terrific service. It should be awarded at least 2 Michelin stars for its world beating presence and its outstanding signature style. Way to go, Morimoto. Way to go, Taj.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#57681 Sep 3, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Psalm 146:3 "Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help"
Please explain it for me, Adam.
rabbee: well the difference is that the son of man, is not TheSon of G-D Adam - aka Benee Adam. as i fear the mistranslations, of Benee Adam were on purpose. the son of man, is someone with all the alleged as true knowledge of men, without any true knowledge of G-D.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#57682 Sep 3, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Satan loves you.
rabbee: the lusts of hasatan, is not love. any deception involved, then it's not love.

Location hidden

#57683 Sep 3, 2013
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>

I think you may not have seen the entire thread discussion. There were claims about authorship that I challenged. I agree with your analysis regarding authorship but it seems based on your other responses you are the one of less than average intelligence.
If you want the discussion to touch great heights, stay clear of flimsy,l insignificant and contentious topics like authorship which can be prolonged infinitely without profit.

This stress on authorship while ignoring an incisive investigation into the contents has resulted in rabid fanaticism, petty tribalism and in blind acceptance of the contents that're far from acceptable - for instance, YHVH says murder anyone who opposes him and the loony believer rushes out and murders. There's no use of intelligence or of discrimination in such a case.

So, concentrate on an analysis of the contents of the book, while ignoring claims about authorship, language and other superficials.

This is what an averagely intelligent poster would do.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#57684 Sep 3, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me tell you a secret, many Jews in the time of Jesus spoke Greek.
Have you every heard of the word, Hellenism? Explain it.
rabbee: out of the very few who were fluent in greek. there were almost none, learned enough to write it. latin would have been, a more likely scenario at that time. but i seriously doubt, there were that many in ysrael who could write latin either. when there were most likely not that many romans that could read and write latin either.

then was no where like, after the industrial revolusion. where large numbers of people, were taught how to read and write. where production lines, required people who knew how to read and write instructions. prior to that, reading and writing was for the elite few.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#57686 Sep 3, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Who wrote the NT hardly matters as long as the info is authentic.
Intelligent people don't usually concern themselves with personalities but are more interested in principles.
I am not interested in the historicity of a personality especially when there exists few or no leads but am more concerned with the teachings/practices/corroborat ion.
Knowledge is impersonal - X, Y and Z can discover the same truth of nature or of being without knowing anything about the research/results arrived at by the others.
I'll go to the extent of stating that even if the teachings of the NT authored by unknown people do not reflect the true words of Jesus it does not matter as long as the teachings are deep, logical and profound and can be verified via experiment or experience.
Adam---Intelligent people don't usually concern themselves with personalities but are more interested in principles.

HughBe---Read carefully what follows as an understanding of it will clarify your confused mind. Why are you calling Eric unintelligent?

He was the one with the focus on personalities.

NOW READ, slowly what follows.

HughBe---I believe in Jesus because I trust the Jewish people who wrote about Him.

Eric, the Judahite---Please offer proof that the extant words were written by Jews.

Adam, the Jew in name----The NT was written by anonymous authors well after the Jewish Christians died.

HughBe--- Of course your ejaculations were FALSE

Location hidden

#57687 Sep 3, 2013
Prophets, patriarchs and avatars are usually men of low character, inhuman instincts and perverse deeds.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#57688 Sep 3, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
Among the Semitic cults figures, only Jesus claimed, during moments of deep monistic trance leading to the recall of his supporting typal nature, that he was an incarnation of El on earth, while the Hebrew patriarchs and Muhammad made no such claim about themselves and simply announced that they were messengers of their common G-d. Of course, the Hebrew patriarchs and Muhammad were suitable human media that were penetrated by certain aspects of the plenitude of El's typal nature which as a result manifested in them in the infused form as a voice, sound, light, heat, cold, shivering, frothing at the mouth, burning bush, ascending stairway and the like which are typical vital forms.
rabbee: well this is what your, proposed talking critter cult says is true to you anyway. what are the chances that any of you, subtle talking critters have any truth at all?

Location hidden

#57689 Sep 3, 2013
Scripture is the residue of ignorance.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#57690 Sep 3, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiot,
Are you in your proper senses or are you high after drinking the blood of your slain lord, Jesus?
You're trivializing a serious matter that has marred history with barbarism of the worst kind which continues till the present times.
The more the number of competing Gods, the more the struggle, the more the fights and the more the jealousy - the Tanakh is proof of this savagery of El fiercely competing with co-existent Gods for supremacy with this supraphysical strife reflected on earth among the human followers of the various Gods that gave rise to recurring genocides, bloodshed, iconoclasm, hatred, slavery, human sacrifices, pillage and other ills.
Think a little before you post.
noted

Location hidden

#57691 Sep 3, 2013
Rituals like shabbath, church service, mosque attendance, pooja, pilgrimage and the like are for the dregs or the riff raffs of human society.

Location hidden

#57692 Sep 3, 2013
The priestly class is invariably constituted of intellectual pygmies and spiritual zeros.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#57693 Sep 3, 2013
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
Focus....If they weren't contemporaneous they weren't written by the supposed authors. Therefore the authors were anonymous, thus the caption...The Gospel 'According' to...not the Gospel 'by'
HughBe---You said, "The NT was written by anonymous authors well after the Jewish Christians died."

YOU were asked to PROVE your "ANONYMOUS authors" and "after the JEWISH Christians died". YOU have FAILED to do so.
Now you have introduced CONTEMPORARY.

Adam---Focus....IF they weren't contemporaneous they weren't written by the supposed authors. Therefore the authors were anonymous, thus the caption...The Gospel 'According' to...not the Gospel 'by'

HughBe--- If you are a comic then surely you must be starving.

Are you really saying that unless someone is a contemporary of an event or personality they cannot WRITE on the subject?

Clarify your own thoughts and explain the things that you have in mind when you speak of "contemporaneous".
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#57694 Sep 3, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Satan loves you.
But you are his lover
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#57695 Sep 3, 2013
I gave an apology to both Joel and Adam because of my mix-up and it has disappeared.

Location hidden

#57696 Sep 3, 2013
Labeling someone Judahite, Levite, Luddite or any other "ite" is meaningless and draws away from the discussion on teachings, principles, laws, paranormal phenomena, being, becoming, self, vibration, consciousness, rituals and the like. Grow up.

Location hidden

#57697 Sep 3, 2013
What is spirit? No one has been able to cogently answer this question till today.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cliff Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Federal law enforcement agencies conduct meth s... Jun 28 A view from me 3
News Luna County enters Joint Powers Agreement for C... Jun 26 Wizard_Not 1
News Luna County Commissioners plan to vote today on... Jun 24 Wizard_Not 1
News Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Jun 23 Tony 619
News Gila Cliff Dwellings National Monument may rais... Jan '15 msgtdon 1
News Community education classes continue in April (Apr '14) Apr '14 Jackie 3
News Bond issue projects assembled (Jan '14) Jan '14 Yvonne 3
More from around the web

Cliff People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Cliff Mortgages