Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 69,537
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#53579 May 28, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
How not correct?
"If the fertility is new then FR soils are just as good as mine. If the fertility is old, then his wife will have better cucumbers than me..."

Males have cucumbers, females have melons, false comparison to make unless you are Hughbe (who clearly has elements of both and/or cross dressing proclivities).

Better wording (with no puns) would be "..If the fertility is old, then his wife will GROW better cucumbers than me..."
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#53580 May 28, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
French is too complex in the sense that it's not straight forward and at the same time it's a rigid language that does not permit innovation in terms of creation of new twists to words or to grammar rules.
My late mom who had a master's degree in English Lit spoke fluent French and had tremendous style.
France as a holiday destination has lost its appeal....I used to love Paris at one point but no longer.
What strikes me about the French is their clear mental perspicuity ( If I'm not wrong I think France holds the record for receiving the highest number of Field's Medals for mathematics - math happens to be my favorite subject) and great sense of aesthetics.
France is in decline and the immigrants have things worse there. The banlieues are Muslim ghettos - awful sight.
Better stick to Angelina's, Marcovaldo and to the uber-stylish Christian Dior haute coutre clothes salon. LOL.
good post
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#53581 May 28, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the law of matter says that unlike electrostatic charges and unlike magnetic poles attract but a little higher up the scale of existence we see the law of consciousness putting in an appearance with its emphasis on attraction being a case of likes attracting likes except in the sexual department where heterosexuality is concerned.
ROFL.
So Frijoles and company are no exceptions to the general law of consciousness. Indeed, they are exceptions to the exception of the general law of consciousness.

HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#53582 May 28, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
It is on you to prove he was born and lived and esp that he was the son of your god.
It is not on me to prove a negative.
And, again, your education and thinking come into question.
You must prove that he did not exists. Certainly, you have very good EVIDENCE to support your utterance for surely you would never rely on inspiration from an unclean orifice.

Location hidden

#53583 May 28, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I prefer to think of myself as possibly a Cheetah.
But very funny.
I'll add another funny icon.
Thats funny. I assumed (the ego that I am) that ATF was referring to ME.

And I still gave it a funny judge.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#53584 May 28, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't win em all.
What is the last war Jamaica won?
<quoted text>
Moron.
Who can't admit when he was wrong.
Not a gentleman but a very small, petty person.
I'm disappointed in you.
<quoted text>
Thank you for showing me inside the mind of a truly muddled, confused thinker.
One of many who believes in fantasies and builds his whole way of life around them.
I believe it would suck to be you. At least for me it would.
HughBe--- I am not a Korean. It seems that YOUR greatness resided more in the mind and this was demonstrated in the war with Korea..

Former--Can't win em all.

HughBe--- But you can win the BIG ones like Grenada with a total area of 133 sq. miles. Massive little island.

Former--What is the last war Jamaica won?

HughBe--- We are NOT like others who are LYING WARMONGERS.

HughBe---What would happen is that you will develop a bad technique but although it is bad or not what is regarded as best practice it could still be effective.

Former---Moron.

HughBe--- I am not surprised that the wisdom went over your head.

Go consult. Let me give you some help in your research. Check out hurdlers and see if a person with a bad technique can be effective. Ok, genius.

Former---Who can't admit when he was wrong.

HughBe--- You have to speak based on your limitations. Forgiven.

Former--Not a gentleman but a very small, petty person.

HughBe--- Small is relative and even then you could NEVER be speaking about INTELLECT, CHARACTER and JOINT size. In all departments you would be a source of amusement by comparison.

Former---I'm disappointed in you.

HughBe--- I am HAPPY in me. I give myself great delight.:D

Former--We know the cars are made by humans. We agreed on that, right?

HughBe--- I accept but I don't know. As far as I am concerned cars could be made by Martians. I have no EVIDENCE of the makers..

Former---Thank you for showing me inside the mind of a truly muddled, confused thinker.

HughBe--- Clearly YOU have evidence of the makers I do not have any.

What I have is a car made by a company. I know about my car from my own experience and that of others but beyond that I know NOTHING about the company/maker. Now, anything that I would or could say about the maker would be based on the CAR itself.

Follow closely. I could say that the maker makes good cars, reliable cars, durable cars, affordable cars etc.

However, I DO NOT KNOW about the ADMINISTRATION of the maker's company, its FINANCIAL position, its HR policies, the MORALE in the company, its PAY packages in essence I KNOW NOTHING about the car maker but you do GENIUS.

Finally, I don't know anything about the staff who actually were involved in the production of the car but you do.

Former---I believe it would suck to be you. At least for me it would.

HughBe--- Clearly you enjoy living outside of ALL things wise and wonderful.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#53585 May 28, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmmmmmmmmmm
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
As you can see, you dont have to BELIEVE in the in history of the holiday in order to celebrate it meaningfully.
Whether or not these fine young men here are secular, atheist, or agnostic is not the point (I also know MANY self identified religious Christians who also dont believe the nonsense of the history).
----------
However, if you are interested in promoting your side point, by YOUR rules, I would label these fine young men as ethnically Christian but religiously not.
And by your SAME rules (regardless of whether I believe in these rules or not - which I don't), I would declare, that these fine young men also demonstrate that Christianity is OBVIOUSLY NOT the ONLY religion of the Christians, that there are Atheist Christians Agnostic Christians, etc etc etc....
Does Former call himself a SECULAR CHRISTIAN?

Recall that is what is being discussed.

I told you that I have dinner with my extended family at Christmas but I don't celebrate it. I have NEVER given my children Christmas gifts and they know why we attend the dinners.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#53586 May 28, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound to me about as smart at the average Jamaican.
Former---as smart at the average Jamaican

HughBe--- well said,Cruff. I KNOW it is an error and if I did NOT know that then I would be at your level.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#53587 May 28, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, we do all that and enjoy it very much.
And we have stocking hanging over the fireplace.
And I even go to church from time to time.
Also Christian weddings, funerals, confirmations etc.
Frijoles, a flocker--How do you celebrate Christmas? Do you give presents? Have a tree? Eat a meal with your greater family?

Former, the other FLOCKER---Yes, WE do all that and enjoy it very much.

And WE have stocking hanging over the fireplace.

And I even go to church from time to time.

Also Christian weddings, funerals, confirmations etc.

HughBe--- Frijoles asked him the following--

1.How does HE celebrate Christmas?
2. If HE gives presents?
3. If HE has a Christmas tree?
4. If HE eats a meal with HIS family?

His response about "Christian weddings, funerals, confirmations etc." are ALL irrelevant to the matter of celebrating Christmas.

Clearly as an atheists he does NOT go to the weddings of his fellow atheists or persons of a non-Christian faith.

His answer--"Yes, WE do all that and enjoy it very much." is pure CRAP. He was asked about HIMSELF. Note, my(HughBe) family does ALL of that but I don't.

Another deceptive and IDIOTIC answer by Former ""And WE have stocking hanging over the fireplace."

So what Former, DO YOU put up stockings in your home? You were being asked about yourself and NOT your family.

Former---And I even go to church from time to time.

HughBe--- No doubt to renew your ATHEISTS vows.

Dear Former answer the question now. Make another attempt.
1.How do YOU celebrate Christmas?
2. Do YOU give presents?
3. Do YOU have a Christmas tree?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#53588 May 28, 2013
bi
jogee

Welkom, South Africa

#53589 May 28, 2013
The Jews are the most racist people on this Earth.Israel is an Apartheid state.Land grabbers.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#53590 May 28, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
"If the fertility is new then FR soils are just as good as mine. If the fertility is old, then his wife will have better cucumbers than me..."
Males have cucumbers, females have melons, false comparison to make unless you are Hughbe (who clearly has elements of both and/or cross dressing proclivities).
Better wording (with no puns) would be "..If the fertility is old, then his wife will GROW better cucumbers than me..."
Ok, I get it.

Any excuse to reference the classic Animal House scene for me.

Huggy is lurking, along with his Vienna finger sausage in tow!
jogee

Welkom, South Africa

#53591 May 28, 2013
A STIFF NECKED PEOPLE:
"For I know thy rebellion, and thy stiff neck: behold, while I
am yet alive with you this day, ye have been rebellious against
the Lord; and how much more after my death? DEUTERONOMY
31:27

THE JEWS TO BE SUBSTITUTED:
"Therefore said I (Jesus) unto you (Jews), The kingdom of God
shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth
the fruits thereof." MATTHEW 21:43

JEWS : A rebellious people
"Ye have been rebellious against the Lord from the day that I
knew you." DEUTERONOMY 9:24

Jews
34O generation of vipers, how can you, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#53592 May 28, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
You must prove that he did not exists. Certainly, you have very good EVIDENCE to support your utterance for surely you would never rely on inspiration from an unclean orifice.
Wrong dummy.

One cannot normally prove a negative, the absence of something.

OTOH if you tell me there's a pink elephant in the living room, I can walk all of us in there and show that there isn't one.

But I do not say for sure that there is no god, only that I have no evidence of one. You call the universe evidence of a god but I don't.

I do not claim to know the answers, but you do.

Hence you have the burden of proof.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#53593 May 28, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe--- We are NOT like others who are LYING WARMONGERS.
Yawn. And I don't agree with most of the wars.

Maybe the War of 1812 and WWII.
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe--- I am not surprised that the wisdom went over your head.
Go consult. Let me give you some help in your research. Check out hurdlers and see if a person with a bad technique can be effective. Ok, genius.
Justifying mediocrity.
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe--- Clearly YOU have evidence of the makers I do not have any.
What I have is a car made by a company. I know about my car from my own experience and that of others but beyond that I know NOTHING about the company/maker. Now, anything that I would or could say about the maker would be based on the CAR itself.
Follow closely. I could say that the maker makes good cars, reliable cars, durable cars, affordable cars etc.
However, I DO NOT KNOW about the ADMINISTRATION of the maker's company, its FINANCIAL position, its HR policies, the MORALE in the company, its PAY packages in essence I KNOW NOTHING about the car maker but you do GENIUS.
Finally, I don't know anything about the staff who actually were involved in the production of the car but you do.
A disturbing view inside the mind of a follower.

One of the sheep, a member of the flock, the faithful.

Those too unsure and confused to think for themselves.

A man who will speak in homophobic rants only because of some ancient writings written by those unknown and long dead.

This passage clearly shows the mental twists and turns one must navigate in order to believe the truly incredible.

Thank you, Huggy. I begin to better understand what you're up against.

You are most certainly operating at a disadvantage.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#53594 May 28, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Clearly as an atheists he does NOT go to the weddings of his fellow atheists or persons of a non-Christian faith.
Why would you say that?

As usual, you are wrong.

My own wedding was civil ceremony, performed by a Justice of the Peace. No church.

But I have been to all kinds of weddings, even Jewish.
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
His answer--"Yes, WE do all that and enjoy it very much." is pure CRAP. He was asked about HIMSELF. Note, my(HughBe) family does ALL of that but I don't.
In our country, when we say "we" that includes "me."

You are more stupid than usual today. Lack of sleep perhaps?

I personally participate in all the activities mentioned.
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Another deceptive and IDIOTIC answer by Former ""And WE have stocking hanging over the fireplace."
So what Former, DO YOU put up stockings in your home? You were being asked about yourself and NOT your family.
We are not home for Christmas. We are at the home of my wife's parents - who BTW, are not religious. But we love Christmas and all the traditions and trappings very much - tree, gifts, stockings (I have on with my name on it made by my wife!) and we go to church on Christmas eve.
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Former---And I even go to church from time to time.
HughBe--- No doubt to renew your ATHEISTS vows.
Not at all. for the time of contemplation, the sense of community, experiencing appreciation for what we have, to give to the poor, to sing, to light a candle, all good stuff
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Former answer the question now. Make another attempt.
1.How do YOU celebrate Christmas?
2. Do YOU give presents?
3. Do YOU have a Christmas tree?
See above and stop trying to see the world in black and white.

It's a very simple-minded way of looking at things.

Perhaps the rest of us are just too complicated for you.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#53595 May 28, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
....I have NEVER given my children Christmas gifts....
Baxtard.

Location hidden

#53596 May 28, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Does Former call himself a SECULAR CHRISTIAN?
Recall that is what is being discussed.
I told you that I have dinner with my extended family at Christmas but I don't celebrate it. I have NEVER given my children Christmas gifts and they know why we attend the dinners.
As I previously mentioned that is a side point. The question was whether 2 Billion Christians (of which I would put FR as one of them regardless of his level of religiosity which is obviously minimal) are able to DERIVE meaning from their traditions without believing in the literal history.

Just like us Jews do.

yes, not all of us here on planet earth are staunch fundamentalist literalists like you

Location hidden

#53597 May 28, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
We are not home for Christmas. We are at the home of my wife's parents - who BTW, are not religious. But we love Christmas and all the traditions and trappings very much - tree, gifts, stockings (I have on with my name on it made by my wife!) and we go to church on Christmas eve.
<quoted text>
And I would add that if the mark of a TRUE Christian was one who did all of that AND still believed 100% in the storyline, you would be excluding a lot of people who still see themselves as Christian (even if you in particular dont see yourself as Christian).

Hughbes attempt to define TRUE Christian is just as flawed as his attempt to define the TRUE Jew

I believe it is a logical fallacy as well. The No True Scottsman fallacy.

http://wiki.ironchariots.org/index.php...

"....Similarly, apologists argue that Christians are good people by categorically denying that anyone who does a bad deed is a "true Christian". The lack of a generally accepted definition of "Christian" allows apologists to redefine the word to fit their arguments. For this reason, many self-professed Christians who commit bad deeds are excluded from the group by apologists..."

Hughbe = dumb thinking

Location hidden

#53598 May 28, 2013
See CoR,- I did learn something from you!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cliff Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) Mon Insect Trust 32
Dr. Twana Sparks (Dec '09) Sep 22 SALLY 44 46
WNMU students graduate from Police Academy (Jun '10) Sep 20 Really 8
To ban or not to ban - the future of plastic ba... Sep 20 Really 12
Black Range Artist plan plein air show Sep 18 I love the southwest 1
Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Sep 7 Tony 608
NM Republican Martinez claims NM governor's seat (Nov '10) May '14 kyle richards 232
Cliff Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Cliff Jobs

Cliff People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Cliff News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Cliff

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]