Program prepares educators to work fo...

Program prepares educators to work for Park Service

There are 1 comment on the Silver City Sun-News story from Dec 28, 2009, titled Program prepares educators to work for Park Service. In it, Silver City Sun-News reports that:

The Gila Cliff Dwellings National Monument is accepting applications for the Teacher to Ranger program, where teachers get to put on the ranger uniform, receive training and work for the National Park Service for eight weeks between June 7 and July 30.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Silver City Sun-News.

Bruce W Bytnar

Nanjemoy, MD

#1 Jan 5, 2010
I think this is a great idea. During my almost 33 years as a National Park Ranger some of our best seasonal employees were school teachers. Many teachers commented that the summer experiences later contributed to their improved performance in the classroom. The schedule works well with their school year and provides an excellent public service and opportunity for teachers to supplement their income. It is a win - win situation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cliff Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Silver City doctor faces ethics violation (Aug '09) Nov 20 Carline 477
News Luna County Commissioners plan to vote today on... Nov 14 BonnieBlue 2
News Arts Scene (Feb '15) Nov 1 curenado 2
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Oct '15 Gas Woman 71,972
News Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Oct '15 Tony 620
News Silver City police search landfill for missing ... (Jun '11) Oct '15 you have retardat... 24
Dr. Twana Sparks (Dec '09) Oct '15 you have retardat... 53
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cliff Mortgages