Billboard falls to town effort

Billboard falls to town effort

There are 15 comments on the Silver City Sun-News story from Oct 14, 2010, titled Billboard falls to town effort. In it, Silver City Sun-News reports that:

For a Silver City resident who spoke at Tuesday's Town Council meeting, when it comes to billboards, it's one down, one to go.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Silver City Sun-News.

E-Silver City

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Oct 14, 2010
Nancy Cliff - GET A LIFE!!!!

“Not vengeance, punishment.”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#2 Oct 14, 2010
"Not only is our core historic heritage improved..."

This is all hippy-liberal doublespeak. They want to turn back the hands of time to the 1850s. Next they will want to ban motorized vehicles and Walmart and force people to go back to using outhouses to take a dump. Their idea of "beauty" will cost people jobs and destroy progress in the city. But they don't care about that.
SC Local

Sheridan, WY

#3 Oct 14, 2010
Q.: What's the best way to get a billboard removed in Silver City?

A: Paint it so it reads: "SUPPORT GUN CONTROL." Deputy276 and his tea-bagger buddies will tear it down in a heartbeat, because we all know how much *they* support free speech.
Continental Breakfast

AOL

#4 Oct 14, 2010
I've wondered why anyone would have such a wad of billboards in one spot many a time, whilest waiting for the light to change. Maybe it's the idea that if you are sitting in the Sonic parking lot, you will read the signs. It's sort of amazing that whoever does these arson things around here hasn't torched the things, just to see it burn. I bet a few meth heads could be hired to do that. Just sayin......
country boy

Silver City, NM

#5 Oct 14, 2010
Continental Breakfast wrote:
I've wondered why anyone would have such a wad of billboards in one spot many a time, whilest waiting for the light to change. Maybe it's the idea that if you are sitting in the Sonic parking lot, you will read the signs. It's sort of amazing that whoever does these arson things around here hasn't torched the things, just to see it burn. I bet a few meth heads could be hired to do that. Just sayin......
You and SC Local need to get a life. You especially are trying to incite an incident. If that billboard is burned down, you should be held somewhat responsible for simply suggesting that it "might" happen.
SilverSally

Albuquerque, NM

#6 Oct 14, 2010
With all the trash in town, yards, trailers with tires on the roofs, vehicles that haven't moved in years, old appliances, weeds, garbage, chained dogs, etc., we go after the billboards?
Wonder

Clovis, NM

#7 Oct 14, 2010
SilverSally wrote:
With all the trash in town, yards, trailers with tires on the roofs, vehicles that haven't moved in years, old appliances, weeds, garbage, chained dogs, etc., we go after the billboards?
That is typical for a town of Rednecks, wetbacks and people just on welfare. Why anyone would ever visit Silver Shitty? Oh lets not forget the wonderful down town full of hippies and gay wads and not least Californian leftovers. The only way cops can make a living is off pay offs did you know they are all part of the drug circle..don't forget to vote for another Mexican for the GCSD lets not change a thing and lets support Lolla Polly for Golley Sake
huh

Silver City, NM

#8 Oct 15, 2010
Wonder wrote:
<quoted text>
That is typical for a town of Rednecks, wetbacks and people just on welfare. Why anyone would ever visit Silver Shitty? Oh lets not forget the wonderful down town full of hippies and gay wads and not least Californian leftovers. The only way cops can make a living is off pay offs did you know they are all part of the drug circle..don't forget to vote for another Mexican for the GCSD lets not change a thing and lets support Lolla Polly for Golley Sake
Are you KKK or Aryan Nation. I haven't read so much hatefful garbage from an idiot in a short time.
douglas denunzio

Central Valley, NY

#9 Oct 15, 2010
if uncle david and aunt jolycene slept and understood how the buffalo game mattered then they do.
douglas denunzio

Central Valley, NY

#10 Oct 15, 2010
a buffalo way to deal with everything is to move on and stop focusing on redundant concepts with strep and bacterial infections that don't exist in his head when they don't and the idea is clear that when he is able to process everything he will.
douglas denunzio

Central Valley, NY

#11 Oct 15, 2010
the town of midland reminded me of a neuropsych evaluation that i did at cornell with findler to approve legal ramifications for franklin with train dispatcher on whatever line on septa in fact septa at 90 mattered the most that in fact we are getting closer to a settlement regarding it though nowhere are we closer to normal than where doug's health goes regarding the clocks and the aids conference.
douglas denunzio

Central Valley, NY

#12 Oct 15, 2010
a way to inspire is to create inspiration rather than not.

Location hidden

#13 Oct 24, 2010
SC Local wrote:
Q.: What's the best way to get a billboard removed in Silver City?
A: Paint it so it reads: "SUPPORT GUN CONTROL." Deputy276 and his tea-bagger buddies will tear it down in a heartbeat, because we all know how much *they* support free speech.
Geez....someone is VERY confused about the left and right. Get a clue before making a fool of yourself.

Location hidden

#14 Oct 24, 2010
huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you KKK or Aryan Nation. I haven't read so much hatefful garbage from an idiot in a short time.
The truth hurts, doesn't it? Welcome to the 3rd world shi*hole of Silver City.
LoonyLeft

Springdale, AR

#15 Oct 24, 2010
Liberalism is a mental disorder!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cliff Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) Jul 29 Thumper 47
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Jul 22 dGo mneDad lyHo i... 71,943
News Yankie Street whitewater Jul 13 Msgtdon 1
News Luna County enters Joint Powers Agreement for C... Jul 8 American Citizen 4
Federal law enforcement agencies conduct meth s... Jun '15 A view from me 3
News Luna County Commissioners plan to vote today on... Jun '15 Wizard_Not 1
News Gila Cliff Dwellings National Monument may rais... (Jan '15) Jan '15 msgtdon 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cliff Mortgages