Cliff man sought after failing to ret...

Cliff man sought after failing to return from work release

There are 21 comments on the Silver City Sun-News story from Aug 12, 2010, titled Cliff man sought after failing to return from work release. In it, Silver City Sun-News reports that:

The Grant County Sheriff's Department is looking for a Cliff man who didn't return to the Grant County Detention Center from his work release.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Silver City Sun-News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
el mimbreno

Silver City, NM

#1 Aug 12, 2010
Accidentally released? No photo on file? I thought improvements had been made at the GCDC, but I guess Mickey Mouse jail administration continues.
Cerce

United States

#2 Aug 12, 2010
The photo of Freeman looks like a police mug shot. Why do the police or sheriffs have one of Sandoval? Or is Sandoval related to someone in law un-enforcement?
FedUp

Silver City, NM

#3 Aug 12, 2010
I hope he is found before GCSO find him. His safety could be comprimised.
StoneMountain

Silver City, NM

#4 Aug 12, 2010
I thought every cop shop has a camera to take pictures of the subject being incarcerated. Oh I know it was out of film.
Cerce

United States

#5 Aug 12, 2010
FedUp wrote:
I hope he is found before GCSO find him. His safety could be comprimised.
What do you mean that this person's saftey could be comprimised?
SilverSally

Albuquerque, NM

#6 Aug 12, 2010
Can you believe this?
Fly on the Wall

Globe, AZ

#7 Aug 12, 2010
Hopefully this county can survive the next four years so we can elect a real sheriff.
Cerce

United States

#8 Aug 12, 2010
SilverSally wrote:
Can you believe this?
I believe that it is possible that the individual whose picture was not published is being protected while the individual whose picture was published was not allowed the same consideration. Doesn't everyone who is arrested get their picture taken? The picture that was published is obviously a mug shot. Why werenít both pictures published?

What do you think?
Cerce

United States

#9 Aug 12, 2010
Fly on the Wall wrote:
Hopefully this county can survive the next four years so we can elect a real sheriff.
It will have to be an experienced law enforcement officer from someplace else. And given the mentality of Grant County if the person is not from Grant County, they will never get elected. The corruption goes all the way to Santa Fe. Always been that way. I remember when I was a little girl and Mr. Pinkerton was the law. He was not 100% an angel but he was not what Grant County has had to deal with since Tommy Ryan who many old-timers believe was when all the corruption started.
Real Deal

United States

#10 Aug 13, 2010
Back to the story.
Scott Freeman ( same as Michael Scott ) is big trouble. They need to find him and get him locked back up. He is into drugs in the worst way-and I believe should be considered by now, armed and he is very dangerous.
Law enforcement needs to not only check Mule Creek for him but cabins between Cliff & Glenwood in the back country.
FedUp

Silver City, NM

#11 Aug 13, 2010
Cerce wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that it is possible that the individual whose picture was not published is being protected while the individual whose picture was published was not allowed the same consideration. Doesn't everyone who is arrested get their picture taken? The picture that was published is obviously a mug shot. Why werenít both pictures published?
What do you think?
Bad editing and poor journalism is what I believe.
FeralFlower

Santa Fe, NM

#12 Aug 13, 2010
Work release should only be allowed in orange jump suits while the inmates pick up trash around this city, paint over graffiti, etc. while armed guards watch closely (hire outside firm). They in-effect get paid for setting in jail anyway (jail in lieu of fines,fees,court costs). I believe this approach works well in other places.
I know, the argument is; well if we don't let them out to "go to work", then when they are released they wont have a job. Good chance most these people can't/will not hold a steady job. I wonder how many of these "jobs" are fabricated by family members and friends in order to get the inmate out of jail if only for 8-hours a day?
If the powers that be, continue with the work release program, then the inmate should be required to show that his employment with that company has been long-standing. Therefore, making him a little more worthy of such a privilege.
wowzers

Florence, AL

#13 Aug 13, 2010
Hey Fly on the Wall-FORTUNATELY, we don't have to wait 4 more years for a new sheriff! Vote for Wayne Olver when the election comes around! He is retired police officer from the east coast (NJ) I believe, and has no "brother-in-law" connections to this county. If you are ready for a change, go with OLVER.
Real Deal

United States

#15 Aug 14, 2010
Frances Clarke wrote:
<quoted text>
I just read in the Silver City Topix that a former cops grandson just shot a boy in cold blood...twice! Now is domestic violence worse that what this person has done? If you hate this guy why don't you find him since you know where he is? Half of Silver City including law enforcement and the judicial system are into drugs. How do you know this person is armed? Posts like yours that are mostly retaliation and have no obvious concern for serious crime are disgusting to say the least.
I say this because I KNOW him and KNOW it would be very rare for him not to have a gun on his person or in his vehicle. He is serious trouble. Did you note I mentioned Mule Creek in my quote? Do you recall alot of violence in Mule Creek? duh
Al Reine

Alamogordo, NM

#16 Aug 14, 2010
wowzers wrote:
Hey Fly on the Wall-FORTUNATELY, we don't have to wait 4 more years for a new sheriff! Vote for Wayne Olver when the election comes around! He is retired police officer from the east coast (NJ) I believe, and has no "brother-in-law" connections to this county. If you are ready for a change, go with OLVER.
Zero chance of getting elected. Besides needing to have a connection inside the "community", he's an "outsider" and a Republican. "Native" locals around here hate Republicans and outsiders more than they hate crime and criminals. Three strikes and he's OUT...unfortunately.
And he's not hispanic. Strike 4.
Al Reine

Alamogordo, NM

#17 Aug 14, 2010
Frances Clarke wrote:
<quoted text>
I just read in the Silver City Topix that a former cops grandson just shot a boy in cold blood...twice! Now is domestic violence worse that what this person has done? If you hate this guy why don't you find him since you know where he is? Half of Silver City including law enforcement and the judicial system are into drugs. How do you know this person is armed? Posts like yours that are mostly retaliation and have no obvious concern for serious crime are disgusting to say the least.
Geez....talk about off-the-wall and inflammatory. WHERE EXACTLY do you come up with the statistics that 50% of Silver City including law enforcement and the judicial system are "into" drugs???
Cerce

United States

#18 Aug 14, 2010
There are not that many law enforcement officers in a rural area like Grant County. Every law enforcement department except the State Police constantly have names and accusations posted about drugs, murder, lack of integrity, and a general do nothing attitude. Even post #16 which you wrote gives examples of why honest law enforcement does not and cannot exist. Who is more "off the wall"? I think you are. As far as my post being "inflammatory", only someone who sucks up to corrupt law enforcement and defends it would state that what I posted in inflammatory. And if it were that, so what? Deal with it.
Fly on the Wall

Globe, AZ

#19 Aug 15, 2010
wowzers wrote:
I was just at the gun show and saw some campaign material for Wayne Oliver. Up until now I hadn't heard much from his campaign. He may be a good candidate, but the likelihood of him being elected this fall are pretty slim, even though the current sheriff is a pathetic loser who has no idea how to run a sheriff's department.
once again

Placitas, NM

#20 Aug 15, 2010
Fly on the Wall wrote:
Shooot like people here would elect anyone worth a crap. Get real!! We the citizens have had several chances to get a real Sheriff and Skin color, there political party and who there family is or isnt is what people go by here in Loser Grant County!

Wake Up Fly on the Wall!! I wish something real would happen! Instead we got Raul Villanueva as Sheriff we are fuc!#!! He's a fat,lazy and couldnt solve a crime, and never has and never will!!!!!!!!!!

As for Oliver as Sheriff he's not going to win and if he did win which he wont, they would run all over him and control him. He's a nice guy but not a Leader or Sheriff material.

Good citizens should pack a concealed weapon and protect ourselves, cuz these clown cops wont find out who did it if we get murdered. So shoot to kill and you solve the case ourselves!!
Cerce

United States

#22 Aug 16, 2010
Judging by what I have just read about the theft of over half a million dollars at your CYFD agency, plus incompetent law enforcement it appears that involvement of a cover-up goes all the way to your state capital. If not a cover up...something is going on. Half a million is a lot of public funds not to have received any attention from your state capital. Then of course look who you have for a governor. Then again, the same people who voted for your do-nothing sheriff no doubt voted the fat treasonous sunnofabich into the governorís office.

It also looks like certain posters seem to be taking the escape of a minor criminals more seriously than that of others who do much worse. It also looks like people use this forum to try to get other people either killed, as one poster seems to be trying to do to one of the fugitives. Lovers quarrel? Toooo wierd, but interesting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cliff Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Couple recounts wilderness ordeal (Sep '09) Nov 12 bullwinkle 24
News Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Oct '17 Tony 631
Former deputy Michel Aguirre back in custody Sep '17 MR Gold 3
News New Silver City ordinance takes aim at excessiv... (Jan '11) Sep '17 Cookie123 13
News Letters to the editor (Aug '08) Aug '17 floatbeta 4
News Experience Victorian Christmas tonight at Silve... (Dec '09) Jun '17 AmPieJam UncleSam 5
News Twenty-five car pile-up leaves six people dead Jun '17 Budda Gojkovich 2

Cliff Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cliff Mortgages