Alternative Lifestyle Resort Coming T...

Alternative Lifestyle Resort Coming To Clewiston?

There are 5 comments on the Southwest Florida Online story from Jan 29, 2011, titled Alternative Lifestyle Resort Coming To Clewiston?. In it, Southwest Florida Online reports that:

"Gay Sex Camp" For Clewiston? CLEWISTON, FL. -- Rumors have started in Clewiston regarding the purchase of the former Eckerd Youth Alternatives, Inc.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Southwest Florida Online.

Jesus Saves

Clewiston, FL

#1 Jan 30, 2011
... And they wonder why the country is fading...

We need to repent & put GOD first in or lives again
Open your hearts and LOVE

United States

#2 Jan 31, 2011
Rather than hype it as a "GAY Sex Camp", how about "Camping for the GLBT Community". Might actually bring Clewiston some much needed tourism and $$$ or stay with the current plan... NOTHING

Muse, FL
Ignorance is not bliss

United States

#3 Jan 31, 2011
Firstly, I know many gay people and none of them are looking to run to the woods to have sex, at least no more than any straight folks.

Secondly, gays have some of the highest disposable income and education of any "group" of people on this planet.

Thirdly, Clewiston, like most towns in Florida can certainly use the economic boost this facility would bring.

So, as opposed to reacting with a "homophobic fear" response, why not welcome new business with open arms.

Of course now that the media has hyped this the way they have, it will likely never happen.

Ignorance is not bliss. Ignorance is the rejection of an idea or concept based upon nothing more than prejudice and lack of knowledge.
Pastor Dave

Avon Park, FL

#4 Feb 8, 2011
The real solution to all this is a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. Romans 12:1 and 2 talks about not being conformed to this world but being transformed by the renewing of your mind.
Reset the computers folks and get a new start on a real life with Jesus Christ.
That's what Clewiston needs, and Florida needs and America needs.
just my 2 cents worth.
Pastor Dave
Music Pastor
Crossroads Community Church
Avon Park, Florida
conservative moral geek

Boca Raton, FL

#5 Jun 23, 2015
No, it's not ignorant to *disapprove* of a lifestyle one (such as myself) may deem as 'immoral' or 'illicit'... Same goes with sexual intercourse at an early age, nightly one-night stands, infidelity, yada yada, though yes homosexuality is probably morally above infidelity and adultery in the sense that at least with homosexuality, it's not directly harmful to those involved in the way that adultery might be... I disapprove of these sinful lifestyles, but I don't hate nor do I discriminate. Let em be.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clewiston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jeanne Partridge Tue Just Another Pilot 1
cyberspace jukebox (Sep '12) Apr 23 YO VINNIE 1,423
News The number of daily opioid overdoses in South F... Apr 20 casa b 1
News Moore Haven inmates found with drugs, cellphones Apr 18 Stephanie 1
News Kitchens with designer Erin Paige Pitts | Home ... Mar 30 Anonymous 1
News Delray to overhaul beach with new amenities; gr... Mar '17 Wolfgang 1
News Parking ticket spoils day at Lauderdale-By-The-... (Mar '08) Mar '17 Brett 36

Clewiston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Clewiston Mortgages