Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010?

Posted in the Cleves Forum

Comments (Page 805)

Showing posts 16,081 - 16,100 of25,324
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
titonton divaunte pants

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Pops wrote:
<quoted text>You nailed it. And some people wonder why so many jobs have gone overseas. What choice does 98% of the intelligent consumers have? Especially in these sad times.
why? What are we supposed to do, spend money we don't have? Is it our fault gas costs so much too? I blame our stupid set of corporate laws that give huge corporations an unfair advantage and leave any real us competition that would maybe compete, drowning in red tape.
Stupid in Mansfield

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Hey Pants! Corporations are "people" too! mit said so!
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
So true. If we (as some suggested) have an import tax, that means Americans--especially poorer Americans, will have to do with less. So are we better off with Americans having less in product or Americans having less in employment?
But, if you only consider price, what prevents a "race to the bottom", where the poorest, most oppressed workers set the pay standard for the rest of us?
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

titonton divaunte pants wrote:
<quoted text>why? What are we supposed to do, spend money we don't have? Is it our fault gas costs so much too? I blame our stupid set of corporate laws that give huge corporations an unfair advantage and leave any real us competition that would maybe compete, drowning in red tape.
I think the EPA has saddled our refineries with so many regulations that it has to effect the price we pay at the pumps. Add to that the devaluing of our US dollar, the price of gas will never go below $3.00 per gallon again until we get some real leadership in this country.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the EPA has saddled our refineries with so many regulations that it has to effect the price we pay at the pumps. Add to that the devaluing of our US dollar, the price of gas will never go below $3.00 per gallon again until we get some real leadership in this country.
thank Nixon for that.

Since: Aug 12

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly.. same reason corn will never drop below 5 bucks ever again now. More so to the devaluation of the dollar.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Justitia wrote:
Not cool to make people and their children suffer this is not ok. Let the powers that be decide if this is ok. It is not ok to make people suffer. It is not ok to make money off of another persons suffering.
I understand your words but I'm not sure that I understand the msg.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

UdintBuildThat wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly.. same reason corn will never drop below 5 bucks ever again now. More so to the devaluation of the dollar.
yeap and we can thank the Liberal G.W. Bush too just like Bruce Bartlett said In the Imposter, How George W. Bush Bankrupted America and Betrayed the Reagan Legacy and if go to Chapter 9 and he Starts out and say "George W. Bush's best known domesitc policy may be his relentless effort to cut taxes. Yet Ironically, he may ultimatelly be responsible for enactment of the largest tax increase in American history. It may not come on his watch, but it is inevitable and will be the direct results of Bush's Polices"

if you goto Chapter 5, which is titled "The Worst Record on Trade since Hoover" made things worse.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

titonton divaunte pants wrote:
<quoted text>why? What are we supposed to do, spend money we don't have? Is it our fault gas costs so much too? I blame our stupid set of corporate laws that give huge corporations an unfair advantage and leave any real us competition that would maybe compete, drowning in red tape.
I guess that my post could have been more concise. I was meaning to say that the consumer has to buy low cost foreign made goods.
I remember when Wal-Mart had signs throughout their stores different depts declaring US Made! They fazed that out to keep prices down to compete with their competition that was doing the same thing. After awhile, it became what it is now, a search to find competitive priced US goods, even when one tries.
Try finding a U.S. of A. flag made on shore. They exist but you have to shop.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>yeap and we can thank the Liberal G.W. Bush too just like Bruce Bartlett said In the Imposter, How George W. Bush Bankrupted America and Betrayed the Reagan Legacy and if go to Chapter 9 and he Starts out and say "George W. Bush's best known domesitc policy may be his relentless effort to cut taxes. Yet Ironically, he may ultimatelly be responsible for enactment of the largest tax increase in American history. It may not come on his watch, but it is inevitable and will be the direct results of Bush's Polices"
if you goto Chapter 5, which is titled "The Worst Record on Trade since Hoover" made things worse.
And look to see which party controlled the purse strings.
IF things were as simple as you have stated, why did Nobama & the Democratic House & White House start to reverse those things in 2009 & 2010? OH, That's right, because it was Bush's fault!
Let me add that increased taxes may not be needed. Cutting run away spending is definitely needed. Improving employment, NOT giving tax money to illegals except for emergency care, stopping borrowing, re-evaluating 'donations' to other countries, cutting waste farther,& then reducing welfare rolls.
We can't keep taxing when fewer people have incomes to tax. We'll still run out of money. duh!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Pops wrote:
<quoted text>And look to see which party controlled the purse strings.
IF things were as simple as you have stated, why did Nobama & the Democratic House & White House start to reverse those things in 2009 & 2010? OH, That's right, because it was Bush's fault!
Let me add that increased taxes may not be needed. Cutting run away spending is definitely needed. Improving employment, NOT giving tax money to illegals except for emergency care, stopping borrowing, re-evaluating 'donations' to other countries, cutting waste farther,& then reducing welfare rolls.
We can't keep taxing when fewer people have incomes to tax. We'll still run out of money. duh!
In the book its cut & dry and the numbers dont lie but Chapter 3 "Why the Bush Tax cuts didnt deliver" compounded the economical problem which everything was being added to the Federal Deficit and not being paid for then on top of that Chapter 4 titled "The Worst Legistlation in History" which was medicare party was passed by the Republican Majority and another entitlement program added to the Federal Deficit.

Bruce Bartlett on Where the Right Went Wrong

http://vimeo.com/36529531

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Medicare Part D was passed by the Republican Majority, I meant.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>thank Nixon for that.
Nixon created the EPA, he hasn't been in charge for 4 decades. Why do you keep digging up & blaming people that are no longer in any office & in some cases they are dead?
OH, That's right, because it can't be Nobama fault that the debt is 6 trillion higher in LESS than 4 yrs after he belittled it being 4 trillion in Bush's 8 years, that the deficit is MORE than a TRILLION EVERY year, that the U.S. credit rating has been lowered for the 1st time ever & threatened to be lowered again. It's ALL Bush's fault, now let's throw in Nixon. You are such a putz.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Pops wrote:
<quoted text>Nixon created the EPA, he hasn't been in charge for 4 decades. Why do you keep digging up & blaming people that are no longer in any office & in some cases they are dead?
OH, That's right, because it can't be Nobama fault that the debt is 6 trillion higher in LESS than 4 yrs after he belittled it being 4 trillion in Bush's 8 years, that the deficit is MORE than a TRILLION EVERY year, that the U.S. credit rating has been lowered for the 1st time ever & threatened to be lowered again. It's ALL Bush's fault, now let's throw in Nixon. You are such a putz.
the Conservatives call & consider both Nixon and Bush Liberals which I have to agree because both were promoting big Government agenda and another complaint by the Conservatives was that during Bush's 8 years as president he didnt veto a single Bill. which is true and Medicare Part D should have been vetoed but the Liberals on the Right call it Compassionate Conservatism.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>the Conservatives call & consider both Nixon and Bush Liberals which I have to agree because both were promoting big Government agenda and another complaint by the Conservatives was that during Bush's 8 years as president he didnt veto a single Bill. which is true and Medicare Part D should have been vetoed but the Liberals on the Right call it Compassionate Conservatism.
I hear what you are saying & it is logical BUT even tho Nixon was a paranoid SOB, what IF, these were cases examples of compromise & cooperation instead of a 'My way or the highway' insistence & hard headedness? OR knowing what vetoes may have been over ridden and then even backroom 'trades' beyond the media? Such dealing goes on undeniably & secrecy usually serves all parties involved. And politicians & lawyers (many politicians are lawyers) wonder why they are held in such low public esteem!
They are wordsmiths that talk without saying much, they ride fences so to speak to often get 51% of the vote, that's all that they need to keep their powerful but cushie jobs, term after term.
They 'work', dine, travel, socialize, get medical care, & even 'vacation' on the taxpayers dime. Sort of like the taxpayer being a John(s) & politicians being hookers, we all get screwed!
Term limits may be a solution. But that's another topic.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

UdintBuildThat wrote:
<quoted text>
With food items, it's a bit more than that. Our grocery bills have been higher since we decided that environmental justice is to burn up our food supply to make our vehicles run although it's only 10% of our fuel right now. Reports now show that prices are going to go even higher.

Supply and demand. Yet one more hidden environmental cost we must pay, and don't even understand why.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>yeap and we can thank the Liberal G.W. Bush too just like Bruce Bartlett said In the Imposter, How George W. Bush Bankrupted America and Betrayed the Reagan Legacy and if go to Chapter 9 and he Starts out and say "George W. Bush's best known domesitc policy may be his relentless effort to cut taxes. Yet Ironically, he may ultimatelly be responsible for enactment of the largest tax increase in American history. It may not come on his watch, but it is inevitable and will be the direct results of Bush's Polices"
In short, it's still Bush's fault.

I remember the warnings Republicans gave before the housing crisis. They were demonized by being called racist and uncaring about the poor. Then there was Bush's SS reform. Shot down like a kite flying in the sky. When Gingrich and the Republicans introduced Welfare Reform, it was said Republicans wanted to get even with the poor. Same thing when Gingrich introduced block grants for welfare and school lunches. The Democrats said Republicans wanted kids to starve.

Moving forward, we introduced Medicare reform. That led to commercials about granny getting pushed over the cliff in a wheelchair. Boehner fought hard to cut spending, and now the Republicans lost power not to mention seats in the Senate.

How can the Republicans do the right and proper thing if people and the liberal media won't support them? It's not possible. Don't blame Republican politicians for not doing the right thing, blame ignorant voters and the media instead.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Pops wrote:
<quoted text>I guess that my post could have been more concise. I was meaning to say that the consumer has to buy low cost foreign made goods.
I remember when Wal-Mart had signs throughout their stores different depts declaring US Made! They fazed that out to keep prices down to compete with their competition that was doing the same thing. After awhile, it became what it is now, a search to find competitive priced US goods, even when one tries.
Try finding a U.S. of A. flag made on shore. They exist but you have to shop.
It's easier to demonize Wal-Mart than it is the consumer. Don't insult the American consumer.

Several years ago when shots were taken at Wal-Mart by the Democrats, a writer went out to take pictures of cars in their parking lot that had the proud UAW or some other union bumper sticker.

We could have many Americans working tomorrow if we were willing to buy their products. But that's not a reality. The reality is that Americans are consumed with cheap low-grade products regardless where they come from. We don't care if our purchases puts Americans out of work, we don't care if our products were made by non-union labor, we don't even care if they were manufactured by slave labor with terrible environmental conditions. All we care about is what it costs.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Pops wrote:
<quoted text>I hear what you are saying & it is logical BUT even tho Nixon was a paranoid SOB, what IF, these were cases examples of compromise & cooperation instead of a 'My way or the highway' insistence & hard headedness? OR knowing what vetoes may have been over ridden and then even backroom 'trades' beyond the media? Such dealing goes on undeniably & secrecy usually serves all parties involved. And politicians & lawyers (many politicians are lawyers) wonder why they are held in such low public esteem!
They are wordsmiths that talk without saying much, they ride fences so to speak to often get 51% of the vote, that's all that they need to keep their powerful but cushie jobs, term after term.
They 'work', dine, travel, socialize, get medical care, & even 'vacation' on the taxpayers dime. Sort of like the taxpayer being a John(s) & politicians being hookers, we all get screwed!
Term limits may be a solution. But that's another topic.
I agree with what your saying.
John Smith

Princeton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Stupid in Mansfields wrote:
Hey Pants! How about some hot monkey spunk in me buttocks?
uh....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 16,081 - 16,100 of25,324
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Freeze Warning for Hamilton County was issued at April 16 at 3:10AM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Cleves Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Cleves People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE