Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Save Yourself wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet he is still despised by an overwhelming amount of Americans to this day. Amazing what an unfounded and unpaid for war can do for the economy.
You presume a great deal. At least 49% of Americans would gladly take Bush back.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>Obama's comments regarding the Cambridge police in 2009 and the Trayvon Martin case earlier this year are anything but inclusive. Ditto his treatment of the Catholic Church over the contraceptive mandate. His selection and subsequent support for Eric Holder as AG also indicates a distinct tone deafness on racial matters.
And let's not forget (welcome to the discussion BTW Victor) his multiple attacks on people who smoke cigarettes. First it was a huge sin tax, then he stopped American Indians from selling cigarettes via US mail, and finally taxed roll-your-own smoke shops right out of business. Anybody who uses tobacco products and voted for this creep needs to have their heads examined.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Pops, I would argue that Mr. Obama acts as one who promotes policies of inclusion, not exclusion and division.
The problem is, there are a whole bunch of folks out there who pine for the days of yore, when exclusion and division were the only game in town, and if certain people wished to be included, they had to find the "right" kind of town.
woof
YOU would contend such because of your non-tolerant bent.
Let me put it this way, IF 60% of the people want apple trees & 40% of the people want orange trees, the person (president) elected to represent the 100% should try to see that the 60% & the 40% get much of what they want. NOT that the 60% get ALL that they want!
By popular vote, the president is COMPELLED to compromise for ALL of his/her NATIONAL constituents. NOT just their initial/primary/major supporters.
Lets say that the vote for pres was 53%-47%, the pres still represents ALL of the 100%!! The final decisions may be 70-30 or 30-70 or anywhere in between but it is NOT one way or the highway as the current admin & Liberals operate. Plain & simple.
That is why so many open minded, considerate others, including non-partisans/independents like myself, think that blinder on Liberals like you are intolerant & divisive, because you are.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Save Yourself wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, I guess if you go back to the times when we were living in caves, my comment about unemployment dropping would be a lie. Luckily those that voted for our current president made it out of the cave. Pardon me for not going with what a fruit cake hiding under his bed with an assault rifle says over the news I just read.
Please. How many web sites should I post of scientists who believe GW is nonsense and manmade GW has little or nothing to do with activities? The web is loaded with sites like that.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Pops wrote:
<quoted text>YOU would contend such because of your non-tolerant bent.
Let me put it this way, IF 60% of the people want apple trees & 40% of the people want orange trees, the person (president) elected to represent the 100% should try to see that the 60% & the 40% get much of what they want. NOT that the 60% get ALL that they want!
By popular vote, the president is COMPELLED to compromise for ALL of his/her NATIONAL constituents. NOT just their initial/primary/major supporters.
Lets say that the vote for pres was 53%-47%, the pres still represents ALL of the 100%!!
Not this guy.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
Just looked at the front page of FoxNews.com .
Not a single mention of the jobs numbers released today. But Leann Rhimes might maybe could be addicted to laxatives.
#thatexplainseverything.
Nah, maybe this explains everything:

73% of New Jobs Created in Last 5 Months Are in Government
By Terence P. Jeffrey
December 7, 2012

" CNSNews.com )- Seventy-three percent of the new civilian jobs created in the United States over the last five months are in government, according to official data published by the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

In June, a total of 142,415,000 people were employed in the U.S, according to the BLS, including 19,938,000 who were employed by federal, state and local governments.

By November, according to data BLS released today, the total number of people employed had climbed to 143,262,000, an overall increase of 847,000 in the six months since June."

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/73-new-jobs-c...

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
And let's not forget (welcome to the discussion BTW Victor) his multiple attacks on people who smoke cigarettes. First it was a huge sin tax, then he stopped American Indians from selling cigarettes via US mail, and finally taxed roll-your-own smoke shops right out of business. Anybody who uses tobacco products and voted for this creep needs to have their heads examined.
Many of the tobacco users voted to keep their food stamps, Section 8 housing and Obamaphones. They look at their increased cigarette prices as collateral damage. And the fact is, many of them buy their smokes out of the trunk of some thug's car.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Pops, I would argue that Mr. Obama acts as one who promotes policies of inclusion, not exclusion and division.
The problem is, there are a whole bunch of folks out there who pine for the days of yore, when exclusion and division were the only game in town, and if certain people wished to be included, they had to find the "right" kind of town.
woof
With AL sincerity let me ask, after the passing of Obama care/Affordable Health Care in '09; why did Obama say that the "Repubs could sit in the back"...of the bus? OR with the Harvard proff/police issue he QUICKLY went on the record to say that the police messed up while the investigation had only STARTED? Why did he QUICKLY go in front of camera & microphone to say that IF he had had a son, he would have looked like Trayvon Martin, AGAIN when the investigation of events had just started? WHY did he campaign ONLY as a BLACK man & NOT an African-American, Black American or bi-racial? WHY did he at one time advocate a "Afro-American" group for re-election? WHY did he profess a 'pay their fair share" against the top 2% which already pay the VAST majority of ALL tax income & NEVER define the term 'fair share'?
I am NOT understanding of your..."promotes policies of inclusion..."statement in any way, shape or form.
I do NOT "pine for days of yore" myself because I accept evolution of many kinds including species, government, law & more but Obama is one of the most self serving biased presidents that this country has ever been subjected to, at least in the last 100 yrs IF not ever. His record gives mounds of evidence to this.
I am a self interested history buff & MY history goes back to Kennedy/Nixon.
Take note that biased in NOT the same as bigoted. But he is extremely biased & intolerant!! His History is proof.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a big part of your problem. It wasn't speculation. It was reasoned analysis of hard data. You still deny that with mathematics and science people can look at information and accurately predict a result. Your refusal to accept that is either ignorance or insanity.
Smart people can also look at the impircal data about tax increases and decreases and know that the GOP position never has worked, ever. One can also see that a country cannot wage two wars and simultaneously cut taxes and not grow massive debt. The only way out of that is to increase the country's revenue and reduce the country's spending.
Exactly, which is what the Republicans offered to do. DumBama will have nothing to do with it. Instead, he wants his tax increases now and work on cuts sometime late next year--as if that will really happen.

DumBama can't be trusted. He's the most lying President of our time. If he wants tax increases now, that's fine by the Republicans. But we want spending cuts now as well. Nobody is going to sell the Republicans a bridge.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>Many of the tobacco users voted to keep their food stamps, Section 8 housing and Obamaphones. They look at their increased cigarette prices as collateral damage. And the fact is, many of them buy their smokes out of the trunk of some thug's car.
Exactly. We smokers fall into two categories: lower class and middle-class. I read an article out of NY where what you say is actually happening. Underground cigarettes are being sold thus increasing the theft of the product. Like drugs, the higher the value, the more likely violence might take place to get it.

I'm drifting off, but the point is that DumBama has two categories of citizens: people he likes, and people he hates. The last thing anybody can say about DumBama is that he's an inclusive President.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Pops wrote:
<quoted text>With AL sincerity let me ask, after the passing of Obama care/Affordable Health Care in '09; why did Obama say that the "Repubs could sit in the back"...of the bus? OR with the Harvard proff/police issue he QUICKLY went on the record to say that the police messed up while the investigation had only STARTED? Why did he QUICKLY go in front of camera & microphone to say that IF he had had a son, he would have looked like Trayvon Martin
Better yet, why did Holder send FBI to investigate a self-defense shooting for any possible evidence of racism when none was evident right from the beginning?

Citizens defending themselves using firearms happens nearly every day. But what if a white AG singled out a case of a black guy defending himself from a white predator, and out of the hundreds of similar cases, he chose that one to send his minions out for.

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. We smokers fall into two categories: lower class and middle-class. I read an article out of NY where what you say is actually happening. Underground cigarettes are being sold thus increasing the theft of the product. Like drugs, the higher the value, the more likely violence might take place to get it.
I'm drifting off, but the point is that DumBama has two categories of citizens: people he likes, and people he hates. The last thing anybody can say about DumBama is that he's an inclusive President.
Cigarettes have always been currency to the dregs of society. Obviously in prisons in the past. But 25 years ago, I was working a second job at a convenience store to pay back my student loans and was robbed twice. They only got $50 or so from the till, but held me at gunpoint while they cleaned out the cigarette inventory...once it was over 200 cartons. The cops said they would be sold out of the trunks of cars in the north end of Hartford within two hours.

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Better yet, why did Holder send FBI to investigate a self-defense shooting for any possible evidence of racism when none was evident right from the beginning?
Citizens defending themselves using firearms happens nearly every day. But what if a white AG singled out a case of a black guy defending himself from a white predator, and out of the hundreds of similar cases, he chose that one to send his minions out for.
The irony is that the NRA advocated for black citizens to be able to protect themselves from racist whites:

In Monroe, North Carolina, in 1958, Mr. Robert Williams reopened a local chapter of the NAACP. He enlisted the help of Dr. Albert Perry, a physician and leader in the Black community. These two men created an active and robust local chapter of the NAACP and worked for equal rights for the Black population.

However, Monroe was KKK country. The Klan included in its membership the sheriff, most police officers, several judges and every elected official in the county. As the Black population grew more organized the Klan became more brutal.

Mr. Williams was a former U.S. Marine who understood that force must be met with force, so in 1960 he turned to the nation’s oldest civil rights organization for help. He applied to the National Rifle Association for a local charter. The NRA issued him the charter and supplied firearms training material.

Officially sanctioned as the Monroe NRA Rifle Club Mr. Williams recruited other Black veterans. The group armed themselves and started training with their guns. This further infuriated the Klan but it also inflamed the white liberals who had previously supported Mr. Williams and Dr. Perry.

The liberals were no more interested in seeing Black men exercising their Second Amendment rights than the Klan was. The White liberals were only interested in the Black population attaining some rights, not in securing the full rights afforded all free men by their creator.

The Klan was quick to recognize that the Blacks no longer enjoyed the support of the White liberals and increased their harassment of the Black community. Armed Klansmen regularly drove through the Black section of town shooting into homes and shooting at anyone unfortunate enough to be out after dark. Frequently, these drive-by shootings were preceded by a police patrol car that scouted targets for the Klan.

Unable to disband either the local NAACP branch or the local NRA branch, the Klan decided to mount a full, armed assault on Dr. Perry’s home. They thought they could bring down the groups by eliminating their most influential leader.

The local NRA branch heard about the planned raid and quickly called a meeting to be held at the doctor’s house on that night. Well armed men showed up at the doctors house and prepared for the assault they knew was coming.

When the Klan arrived, instead of finding the good doctor alone with his family they found the house fortified with sandbags and guarded by armed men who knew how to use their weapons. A firefight ensued.

The Klan and their police support were no match for the local NRA members. The NRA members drove off the attackers inflicting unknown causalities on the raiders.
http://www.federalobserver.com/archive.php...
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Cousin DuPrees Cousin wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't only speculation when Nate Silver had it right down to the number of Electoral Votes, Obama would win, just like he did in 08, but was called crazy and a witch by the WingNuts for more than a week before the election.
See, Math is important.
You act as thought this was the only election where some miscalculated. Don't you remember the Reagan election or perhaps John Kerry?

There is no science. True, many times we can be accurate, but nobody knows how the voter will vote until they actually do so.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

<quoted text>Cigarettes have always been currency to the dregs of society. Obviously in prisons in the past. But 25 years ago, I was working a second job at a convenience store to pay back my student loans and was robbed twice. They only got $50 or so from the till, but held me at gunpoint while they cleaned out the cigarette inventory...once it was over 200 cartons. The cops said they would be sold out of the trunks of cars in the north end of Hartford within two hours.
Of course. A carton goes for about $55.00 in Ohio. 200 cartons being sold at an underground price for $40.00 each would net the thieves $8,000. How long does it take to load up 200 cartons of cigarettes? In NY, it's like $90.00 per carton of cigarettes. Think of that.

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
You act as thought this was the only election where some miscalculated. Don't you remember the Reagan election or perhaps John Kerry?
There is no science. True, many times we can be accurate, but nobody knows how the voter will vote until they actually do so.
There's no science, but there is rigging. And there is no doubt that from the precincts of Philadelphia to the neighborhoods of Cleveland to the condos of Florida and the missing ballots of our troops overseas that the outcome may well have been pre-ordained.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Pops wrote:
<quoted text>Inadvertantly, you have given PROOF that Liberals are extremely divisive. Senators are elected to represent their states, congressman/women are elected by their constituents in there districts & Presidents are elected to represent THEIR country, NOT just liberals, NOT just conservatives, NOT just Independents, NOT just Wiccans, NOT just Atheists, NOT even just voters, NOT ANY particular group, but ALL of us 330,000,000 citizens. ALL is the key word. It isn't just US or THEM. To do otherwise by the president is devisive, plain & simple.
There is NO other explanation. NO other definition.
Obama & todays Liberals are self serving with NO consideration for other opinions, well being, experiences, interest, concerns,the constitution, beliefs, goals, feelings, economics, religions etc.
THIS president & Liberals in general have established class/political/sexist/politic al divisions.
NO ONE can honestly or objectively argue that. NOT just in my mind but by any honestly objective person.
The office of the president isn't a representative office. It is an executive office.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

<quoted text>You presume a great deal. At least 49% of Americans would gladly take Bush back.
Based on what survey, Fred?
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Waahhhh. I have to pay taxes on an uneccessary item that costs society endless amounts of money because of the disease I cause to myself and others. Wahhhhhh.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Pops wrote:
<quoted text>YOU would contend such because of your non-tolerant bent.
Lets say that the vote for pres was 53%-47%, the pres still represents ALL of the 100%!! The final decisions may be 70-30 or 30-70 or anywhere in between but it is NOT one way or the highway as the current admin & Liberals operate. Plain & simple.
That is why so many open minded, considerate others, including non-partisans/independents like myself, think that blinder on Liberals like you are intolerant & divisive, because you are.
Ok, Pops, let's apply your "logic." Let's say 60% of Americans want abortion to be legal and 40% don't. How does the POTUS satisfy everyone?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Cleves Discussions

Search the Cleves Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) 21 hr not 2,214
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Wed They cannot kill a Spook 231
ice box Jul 12 Brain 2
Review: The Ice BOX Jul 12 Brain 2
OH Who do you support for Secretary of State in Oh... (Oct '10) Jun 27 Bobby Nye 178
OH Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in O... (Oct '10) Apr '14 squid 118
OH Who do you support for Treasurer in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Apr '14 Repub 187
•••
•••
•••
•••

Cleves Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Cleves People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••