Who do you support for U.S. House in Ohio (District 1) in 2010?

Posted in the Cleves Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
william

Milford, OH

#1 Oct 12, 2010
He represents all the people not a select few
Bob

Loveland, OH

#3 Oct 18, 2010
Steve Chabot was in Congress for many years. All he was was a rubber stamp for George Bush's policies that nearly ran this country into a second depression. We don't need to go back to those failed policies. Wake up America the GOP is not the answer.
Linda L Henry

Cincinnati, OH

#4 Oct 22, 2010
Dri has his chance over and done with that.

Since: Nov 07

Hamilton, OH

#6 Oct 23, 2010
Linda L Henry wrote:
Dri has his chance over and done with that.
So you want to hand control BACK to the candidate under who's watch, this all developed in the first place ? Respectfully, that doesn't make much sense.

“God Bless America”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#7 Oct 25, 2010
Driehaus is a rubber stamp for Pelosi and Barry.

Hamilton, OH

#8 Oct 27, 2010
That's disrespectful Fearless and Happy. Based on that quote, I could label you a "rubber stamp for Bush's failed policies." But how far would this type of dialogue get us ? No where. If you have something specific, make light of it, that way it can be either explained, debunked or debated.

“God Bless America”

Location hidden

#9 Oct 27, 2010
Intuit wrote:
That's disrespectful Fearless and Happy. Based on that quote, I could label you a "rubber stamp for Bush's failed policies." But how far would this type of dialogue get us ? No where. If you have something specific, make light of it, that way it can be either explained, debunked or debated.
First of all to be disrespectful one must have some iota of respect for Driehaus and Barry. I don't.

Now, that being said, grow up and get a life if you want to play with the big biys.

I would surmise you are a progressive who knows little of anything about the Driehaus record and don't pay much attention to t Barry.

Hamilton, OH

#10 Oct 27, 2010
Ironic non-response F&H. Suit yourself...
Terry

Cincinnati, OH

#11 Oct 28, 2010
Driehaus is a liar and a hypocrite. In addition he is clueless.

Hamilton, OH

#12 Oct 30, 2010
I love the irony in some of these posts.

Terry, I'll place the same question to you, that was placed before F&H, as I prefer reason and fact-based reality over emotionally distraught appeals. Do you have anything specific ?

For example, Chabot seems voted against the types of investments in the auto-industry, the economy and infrastructure, that not only help dampen the blow for this recession, but also help to pull us out of it. I don't like the fact that he voted to make the TRAITOR ACT, permanent. Voted against alternative sentencing initiatives and seems to just, favor, more, jails and prisons.

I could go on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, but do you get my point ?

Hamilton, OH

#13 Oct 30, 2010

“God Bless America”

Location hidden

#14 Oct 30, 2010
Intuit wrote:
Ironic non-response F&H. Suit yourself...
Who let you out of your igloo? I am sure your parents are looking for you.

A 94.8 percent voting record with the wicked witch of the west is nt a good record. Voting for a bill he swore he wouldn't is not good either.

Hamilton, OH

#15 Oct 30, 2010
More baseless assumptions and emotional appeals. Surprise...

... and oh, he swore he wouldn't vote on it *IF* specific criteria weren't met. They were (no abortion funding) so he did. In other words, he didn't break his word; as you just implied.

See what I mean by specifics ? If you watched the debate, you would've known that.

Also, post count, neither accounts for age, experience, intelligence or maturity. But based on yours, it's actually you, who needs to, "get a life." ...and I apologize for using your own words against you. ;-)

Hamilton, OH

#16 Oct 30, 2010
By the way F&H, I lived in Indy for a number of years. Nice city, bur you shouldn't confuse the Hamilton County IN, with Hamilton County OH. ;-P :-D

“God Bless America”

Location hidden

#17 Oct 31, 2010
Intuit wrote:
By the way F&H, I lived in Indy for a number of years. Nice city, bur you shouldn't confuse the Hamilton County IN, with Hamilton County OH. ;-P :-D
Sorry little girl I was obtaining my education far before you were a twinkle in your parents eyes, I have seen Presidents from FDR (Franklin D. Roosevelt)to Okie Obama for you. I also have an education in Economics and Statiatics and have forgotten more about each than you will ever know.

Little Stevie also said he read the Health Care Bill, a flat out lie imo (2800 pages in a couple of days,yea right. He did do a spot ad showing him with a few members of his staff sitting around with each summarizing the pages as they were given to them. I DID NOT ELECT HIS STAFF TO RAD THE BILLS CONGRESS PROPOSED.

Now had you really listened to the debate you would have realized the abortion issue was not the only issue he he said he wouldn't vote for. Try Cap and Trade, the bail-outs, etc. He has conc=sistently said he is ficsaclly conservative and yet he voted to raise Barry's deficit more than all the other past Presidents together.

Don't forget the Democrates have been in control of the Congress since 2007, IIRC. Don't forget early on Bush warned Barney Frank that the Freddie Mac and Sally Mae were in trouble and he said not a chance long wth Dodd, Raines, Waters. He was told by mother (wicked bitch of the west)to vote for the bills or he would lose the Democrat money for his re-election, which he lost anyway. That is OK as he is down double digits and the Cincinnati Enquirer and all other important organizations, save the unions, have endorsed his opponent.

Indianapolis, you lived there. Nothing to brag about, I was reared there and went through the Washington Township Schools from the first kindergarten to graduation. Schools you could have only hoped to have attended and graduated from.

I hate to disagree but Indy is no longer the nice city you describe. Should I return it would not be to Indianapolis (Marion Coounty); you do know all of Marion County is now Indianapolis and is going to hell in a hand basket and becoming the cesspool of Central Indiana.

“God Bless America”

Location hidden

#18 Oct 31, 2010
Terry wrote:
Driehaus is a liar and a hypocrite. In addition he is clueless.
Don't pay attention to Intuit as she is ot accurate her ccusations. Ask he to provide the exact legislation she is referring to by HR nmber. She can't and won't.

Hamilton, OH

#19 Oct 31, 2010
More baseless assumptions, emotional appeals, but now, flat-out fibbing ? Hehehe... little F&H, you must LIKE, GYAHTYD.:-)
(you'll find out what that means later -- or as you read)
Fearless and Happy wrote:
<quoted text>
Little Stevie also said he read the Health Care Bill, a flat out lie imo (2800 pages in a couple of days,yea right.) He did do a spot ad showing him with a few members of his staff sitting around with each summarizing the pages as they were given to them. I DID NOT ELECT HIS STAFF TO RAD THE BILLS CONGRESS PROPOSED.
Fib1: Per Chabot, 2400 pages.
Fib2: Driehause actually said: "has fewer words than the Harry Potter book .... doesn't take me three months, to read a bill"
He said nothing about reading in "a couple of days"
Fib3: Steve Driehaus's ads: http://www.youtube.com/user/DriehausforCongre...
The alleged ad you're referring to, if it even exists, you're conveniently recontextualizing the whole thing to suit your fabricated reality. Also, I'd appreciate having multiple heads in there, discussing and debating any and every proposed change. Two (and more) heads are always better than one. That's pretty sad when you have to fib in order to say someone else is lying.:-D
<quoted text>
Now had you really listened to the debate you would have realized the abortion issue was not the only issue he he said he wouldn't vote for. Try Cap and Trade, the bail-outs, etc. He has conc=sistently said he is ficsaclly conservative and yet he voted to raise Barry's deficit more than all the other past Presidents together.
LOL, now you're accusing ME of not listening to the debate, because I just NAILED your ass on a fact you missed.:-) I can see you've been to the TEA Party rally. http://cincinnatiteaparty.org/blog/... :-) Actually, there was no such promise from Driehaus on Cap&Trade, nor the Stimulus. These cats are simply [T]oo[E]nraged[A]bout the 2008 elections and will say basically anything. Also, Without the stimulus we'd have 3 MILLION less jobs in this nation. http://www.usatoday.com/money/economy/2010-08... Also a well known fact that 8 MILLION jobs, were lost under the prior Administration. As far as the deficit spending, the lot of it is necessary, just to clean up the mess left behind by the prior Administration. http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/state...
<quoted text>
Don't forget the Democrates have been in control of the Congress since 2007, IIRC. Don't forget early on Bush warned Barney Frank that the Freddie Mac and Sally Mae were in trouble and he said not a chance long wth Dodd, Raines, Waters. He was told by mother (wicked bitch of the west)to vote for the bills or he would lose the Democrat money for his re-election, which he lost anyway. That is OK as he is down double digits and the Cincinnati Enquirer and all other important organizations, save the unions, have endorsed his opponent.
Don't forget Chabot had control then. Driehaus was elected in 2008, not 2006....and so what does this rather selective representation of history, have to do with Driehaus specifically ? Note the word WAS, down. Even without the funding it's now a dead-heat. The funding was likely pulled because of the way his district's boundaries are drawn. Also, because monetary contributions may have been too limited. There's also a strong grass-roots organization that doesn't rely on special-interest big-corp campaign funding.

Hamilton, OH

#20 Oct 31, 2010
<quoted text>
Don't pay attention to Intuit as she is ot accurate her ccusations. Ask he to provide the exact legislation she is referring to by HR nmber. She can't and won't.
That ain't hard to do F&H. It's that wonderful new fangled invention... you know... called, GOOGLE.
PATRIOT Act Reauthorization - HR 3199
Auto Industry Financing and Restructuring Act; Bill HR.7321 ; vote number 2008-H690 on Dec 10, 2008
Job Creation and Unemployment Relief Act; Bill S.3604&HR7110 ; vote number 2008-H660 on Sep 26, 2008
Amendment sponsored by Scott, D-VA; Bill HR 4690 ; vote number 2000-317 on Jun 22, 2000
http://www.votesmart.org/voting_category.php...
http://www.ontheissues.org/OH/Steve_Chabot.ht...

So how does it have it feel to GYAHTYD by a "girl"... oh wait, I'm a dude; and fortunately for you, older than you think. Otherwise it'd be even more embarrassing for you. So what does that stand for any way ??? "Get Your Ass Handed To You Daily"

Over and out...

Hamilton, OH

#21 Oct 31, 2010
Terry

Harrison, OH

#22 Nov 1, 2010
william wrote:
He represents all the people not a select few
Driehaus only represents himself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cleves Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
North Bend Music Thread (May '13) Aug '14 Musikologist 6
Exposing The Exposers: Repeat Offenders Can Be ... Aug '14 Pam 4
ice box (Apr '14) Jul '14 Brain 2
Review: The Ice BOX Jul '14 Brain 2
New police chief named for Cleves (Mar '14) Mar '14 Honesty 3
lack of sellers! ): (Dec '12) Feb '14 Mack 5
420 (Jul '13) Feb '14 Haze 8
Cleves Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web