Cat Lady in Cleveland

Posted in the Cleveland Forum

concerned animal lover

Honaker, VA

#1 Nov 10, 2009
Who in the h*** is the lady with all the cats in the middle of town in Cleveland? She must have 20 or 25. Isn't this against the law? How can anyone feed that many cats. You can drive by at almost any hour and see cats laying around everywhere in front of her house. It's a shame.
the truth

Lebanon, VA

#2 Nov 11, 2009
I agree 100%, not only do I find it hard to believe that she can feed and take care if that many cats, it looks awful,I think that there needs to be something done. I would call and report the mess but I doubt that it would do any good.
bubba

Honaker, VA

#3 Nov 13, 2009
Don't say anything about the cat lady. She is really not all there. If a few cats make her happy..let her be.
the truth

Lebanon, VA

#4 Nov 13, 2009
Im not saying anything bad about her, Im just saying that its really not very sanitary, and shes not the one that Im worried about, Im worried about some of the smaller kids that like to play with them, I know that they are not taken to the vet like they should be. Maybe if she would only keep 1 or 2 she could still be happy and clean
Wow

Thorn Hill, TN

#5 Nov 13, 2009
Actually I stopped there and asked her for 2 of her kittens. I took the ones that needed the most help. Unfortunately one of the kittens died the next day. The other kitten a frisky, lively little grey kitten. He had half a tail and the woman tried to tell me he was born like that, um not. Took him to the vet and someone had actually broken his tail and cut it off. After I got him home I was cleaning up what I thought was sore eye and it turned out he had gone with sore eye for so long the skin had actually grown up over his eye. Luckily this strong kitten has survived and with a lot of TLC and money at the vet he is doing great.
Its really nice that she feeds them but those cats need more than just food. THey are slowly dying from worms, respritory illnesses and whatever else they may pick up. Without the proper medical care she's doing more harm than good. Its a sad situation. The cats should really be taken to the humane society or local neighbors could take one. They are really sweet loving kittens and I know I'm so happy with my little one eyed kitten that did survive. Be kind take a kitten take it to the vet and give it a good home.
char

Honaker, VA

#6 Nov 19, 2009
leave her alone
Kerrinza Puckett

Roanoke, VA

#7 Mar 5, 2010
the cat lady in cleveland happens to be my mother and i do not appreciate you people talking about her like a dog when unlike you selfish son of a bitches, she tries to make a difference. No, we dont have the money to take them all to the vet but we try our best to make sure they are loved...how many of you have stopped and offered to help one of the thousands of homeless animals we have taken in hmmm? i would love to see one of you put as much heart and effort into caring for as many animals as she has...furthermore the cat with the broken tail was born that way and im sorry if you people have nothing better to do than to harrass and make fun of a nice and exceptionally kind woman who just happens to be the best mother in this world!! so fuck all of you for your rude statements and if you call yourself christians then you might want to rethink your religion, because you are nothing but low life idiots who deserve to go to hell!
cool breeze

United States

#8 Mar 22, 2010
Kerrinza dnt worry about what some of these people have to say i kno u and ur mom and ur mom and you are both very sweet to take these animals in and give them a family, they might not all be in the greatest health but at least they have sum1 that cares
Kerrinza

Richlands, VA

#9 Mar 24, 2010
Thank you, cool breeze. I just wish ppl would get their facts straight before they go and say things that are not true and to be blunt about it, i find it disgusting. We absolutely love our animals, and i think its sad that we should have to defend the fact that we care enough to take in all the strays that are brought to us. Its better than people throwing them on the side of the road, or the trashdump, and honestly we could never bring ourselves just to have them put down. Its our belief that every one of God's creatures deserves the chance to live, and who are we to take that away. The things that people say on this website are absolutely shocking. They really don't seem to care if they hurt someone or not. I really feel ashamed to be a part of the human race sometimes, especially when we go out of our way to create drama and down our own neighbors. How can we expect to make any kind of difference in the world if we are so bent on destroying one another. I truthfully hope that whoever is saying such hurtful and rude comments about people on here, takes a step back and realizes that they are doing far more damage than good, and that they need to put a little more thought into what they say because talking about each other is never taken lightly. Karma, whether you believe in it or not, has a way of presenting itself regardless.
xXlovergurlXx

United States

#10 Mar 25, 2010
Which cat lady? There is one at the railroad and one beside the ballpark...
Proud Clevite

United States

#11 Mar 26, 2010
Yea i agree Leave her alone, you get people that bring in these animals and drop them off to fend for there selfs, atleast she does feed them. Thats more than i can say for alot of people in town. And the cat lady is all there, shes Raised her 2 girls and did a damn fine job at it. Shes one of the nicest people in town and unlike others she not trying to stick her nose in everybodys buisness, shes got her own shit to worry about than to get in the middle of everybody else's drama. Keep up the good work Ms. Puckett
jrhys1

Hardy, VA

#12 Apr 1, 2010
I agree that not many people even will feed animals that are strays. I have to ask where the strays come from. I bet people set cats off there and then talk about her for taking care of them. I would be more than willing to help get them spayed, so no more kittens will come into an overpopulated animal world.
Black Bart2

Edinburg, VA

#13 Apr 18, 2010
Leave the lady alone. Get a life. Go Dancing !
Go listen to a good band like this one.

Dancing in Honaker
cruisin

Honaker, VA

#14 May 5, 2010
Black Bart2 wrote:
Leave the lady alone. Get a life. Go Dancing !
Go listen to a good band like this one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ztl3rAh1NkQXX
Dancing in Honaker
Black Bart ~~~~~> Your band SUCKS. Hey everyone out there don't bother cause they are crappy.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#15 Jun 14, 2010
If people would keep their fucking noses out of other people business and stop dropping of animals right there then there would be less. But who are sorry, lowdown pieces of shit who can not take care of their own animals needs to shut the hell up and get a life. People just don't know what she does for these animals. She gives them a home and takes care of all the drop offs. So if you or anyone else wants to talk about her then learn all the facts first. If you get an animal then take care of it other wise DON"T get one.
Missing our Kitty

Edinburg, VA

#16 Oct 10, 2010
Kerrinza Puckett wrote:
the cat lady in cleveland happens to be my mother and i do not appreciate you people talking about her like a dog when unlike you selfish son of a bitches, she tries to make a difference. No, we dont have the money to take them all to the vet but we try our best to make sure they are loved...how many of you have stopped and offered to help one of the thousands of homeless animals we have taken in hmmm? i would love to see one of you put as much heart and effort into caring for as many animals as she has...furthermore the cat with the broken tail was born that way and im sorry if you people have nothing better to do than to harrass and make fun of a nice and exceptionally kind woman who just happens to be the best mother in this world!! so fuck all of you for your rude statements and if you call yourself christians then you might want to rethink your religion, because you are nothing but low life idiots who deserve to go to hell!
Can you please tell me if your mother may have came across a grayish darkish sort of calico looking cat with bob tail in the past couple weeks?My landlord snatched our daughters pet and we heard she was seen dumping it in Cleveland.Please if you have any info please let me know.I will pay you a reward.Thank you.
Kerrinza Puckett

Richlands, VA

#17 Dec 1, 2010
im sorry, but as far as i know we haven't seen a kitten fitting that discription around. Just to let everyone know, we only have 7 cats now, so the rude comments should stop. As a matter of fact we are pretty sure most of the strays we had taken in have been stolen by a neighbor close to our house, whom i will not mention b/c i do not wish to start more trouble. We are happy for these cats as long as they are being treated well and loved. That is the goal we are trying to reach for all the animals we take in. I am currently in college to become a veterinarian, and i do not get my sick jollies by cutting of cat tails as mentioned in previous comments above. However, i would like to say that i find it quite hilarious how many people have bagged on my mother for trying to take care of someone else's neglect of their pets, but that it is okay for people to come onto our property and steal from us.....actually steal from their neighbors. where is the damned thread on that. Isn't that a sin?? um yeah it is!! I feel that THAT is just proof of the backwards and ignorant ways of thinking that you can come to expect from some people in this area. They preach and bitch about someone trying to do a good dead and turn their heads on the real sins and crimes, b/c their lifes are so utterly unimportant that they have to find reasons to put people down just to make themselves feel better. I do not mean this towards any one in particular. I just wish that people would quit being so petty. Whatever happened to helping you fellow man and loving one another? That's what my family is about, and yet we get persecuted by society for being different. I am not christian, but i do know what they are supposed to stand for, and judging people is supposed to be God's job, not man's. I have met many great Christians whose conviction to their religion and dedication to doing the right thing is truly inspiring and they give me hope for this ever downward spiral mankind seems to be on, but i've also met "Christians" who say and do things that are completely hypocritical of their beliefs. On that all i can say is, going to church doesnt make you a christian any more than sitting in a garage makes you a car! I truly do not wish to upset any one, im just asking people to think b/f you speak. Your words and actions speak loudly, and may form a permanent opinion of you. Sorry for the rant, but i felt like it needed to be said. Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to send us a kind word of understanding, and offering to help rather than judging us. God bless and blessed be!
mee

Cleveland, SC

#18 May 26, 2011
hey KP, those are some true ass words man!
Bristol Baby

Elizabethton, TN

#19 Jul 18, 2011
Hey im looking for info on Jimmy Parks Jr. from there in Cleveland, does anyone know anything about him or where he is now...
be careful

Knoxville, TN

#20 Feb 18, 2012
I'd be mindful about what you say about the "cat lady"!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cleveland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
anyone know 23 min justwondering 1
What happened 30 min wrong as hell 26
metal shop stripper 4 hr pulease 24
Steel fab Going Union 4 hr union steel fab 235
Donna Miller 7 hr Name 1
low life men 8 hr lily 26
Curtis auto Tue Jinabug 13
Cleveland Dating
Find my Match

Cleveland Jobs