Warning, Avoid Benton - And Response

Warning, Avoid Benton - And Response

There are 70 comments on the Chattanoogan.com story from May 25, 2008, titled Warning, Avoid Benton - And Response. In it, Chattanoogan.com reports that:

And Response posted May 24, 2008 Let this be a warning to those who travel U.S. Highway 411 that the town of Benton, Tn., is a speed trap.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chattanoogan.com.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
i love polk county

Dayton, TN

#63 Jun 25, 2012
i have lived in bradley county my whole life and i have alot of family that lives in polk county from the state line all the way up to delano and i have been pulled over many times in down town benton and i have never had any problems with any police officers that i have came across.the rule of thumb is dont be a smart ass and talk to the cops just like you would your neighbors and you will be fine if you want to donate to the revanue then be a smartass and see what happens.if you really want to see assholes go to hamilton county thats where the asshole cops are
fred

Duluth, GA

#64 Feb 17, 2014
Thats because you live there!!!!
annoyed

Alpharetta, GA

#65 Apr 14, 2014
When you pay your speed trap that you get in Benton, TN - be sure to send it a trackable way. They'll say they never got it and by the time you figure that out, they tack on a $50 late fee!
Annoyed is right

Cartersville, GA

#66 Apr 27, 2014
Send in my bullSH payment for my speeding ticket....moving along at 55 then BAM--40. I slam on my brakes...too late. I must have missed the other speed limit signs while having a conversation with my wife. Anyway--sent in payment10 days early--it didn't clear the bank by my due date so I call. Apparently, they have a PO Box AND a street address. We sent it to the PO box and it never got to the police dept. I had to UPS mine with guaranteed signature.
I will go back to Benton....and raise some hell :)
justsayin

Morristown, TN

#67 Sep 11, 2014
Annoyed is right wrote:
Send in my bullSH payment for my speeding ticket....moving along at 55 then BAM--40. I slam on my brakes...too late. I must have missed the other speed limit signs while having a conversation with my wife. Anyway--sent in payment10 days early--it didn't clear the bank by my due date so I call. Apparently, they have a PO Box AND a street address. We sent it to the PO box and it never got to the police dept. I had to UPS mine with guaranteed signature.
I will go back to Benton....and raise some hell :)
I like Benton, friendly folks, low crime...because they have FEW housing projects. Glad I am moving there.
Truth

Athens, TN

#68 Sep 14, 2014
All small towns are doing this now go slow starve them out : put them al on food stamps
Little Sam

United States

#69 Sep 14, 2014
If you are in that big of a hurry, you shuld have done it yesterday!

Since: Aug 14

Cleveland, TN

#70 Sep 23, 2014
People are too used to going extremely fast as they travel along 411 and then when they hit Benton they have to slow down. . Many accidents occur around Old Fort and Ocoee so maybe it's better that Benton slows these lunatics down. Often idiots cross the double line and there have been many a head on accident around Old Fort late at night. Too bad there's only one State Trooper for that stretch of highway.
Weasel

Cartersville, GA

#71 Apr 9, 2015
The problem is the speed limit changes several times up and down there in lies the trap.
Weasel

Cartersville, GA

#72 Apr 9, 2015
Every state has an arm pit. Tennessee's happens to be. Benton!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cleveland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ashley of lebanon 2 hr curious 4
Vince & Amy Mellon 6 hr Eyes r still on u 7
Pfg driver 18 hr Cbs 2
nathan sanders Sun thief 3
News Cleveland School Board Calls Special Meeting Af... Feb 6 aatpops 3
oldfields finest Feb 5 hood 1
News Life Care plans new nursing home in Maryville area (Aug '12) Feb 5 Teresa 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cleveland Mortgages