Brent Bowles taking over as Fire Chief for Bradley County

Posted in the Cleveland Forum

wonderingwhy

Dayton, TN

#1 Oct 15, 2012
I heard today that Dewey Woody is resigning from Fire Chief for Bradley County. I also heard that Brent Bowles was who Mayor Davis is going to appoint for that position. I'm really concerned with this choice! Brent Bowles is not dedicated and I believe a Fire Chief should be dedicated! Brent's Wife and children are moving to Atlanta, GA so how does he plan on being dedicated as Fire Chief with his family living in Atlanta? I seriously believe that Brent is NOT the man for the job and Mayor Davis needs to reconsider this decision. I also know that when the tornados hit our town, Brent stayed home and was not out with the other dedicated Bradley County Firemen. If you are going to have a position in Emergency Services, you need to respond when an Emergency happens! Brent Bowles as Firechief is a BAD IDEA!
Home Town Girl

Alpharetta, GA

#2 Oct 15, 2012
wonderingwhy wrote:
I heard today that Dewey Woody is resigning from Fire Chief for Bradley County. I also heard that Brent Bowles was who Mayor Davis is going to appoint for that position. I'm really concerned with this choice! Brent Bowles is not dedicated and I believe a Fire Chief should be dedicated! Brent's Wife and children are moving to Atlanta, GA so how does he plan on being dedicated as Fire Chief with his family living in Atlanta? I seriously believe that Brent is NOT the man for the job and Mayor Davis needs to reconsider this decision. I also know that when the tornados hit our town, Brent stayed home and was not out with the other dedicated Bradley County Firemen. If you are going to have a position in Emergency Services, you need to respond when an Emergency happens! Brent Bowles as Firechief is a BAD IDEA!
What a crock of shit!
getitright

Dayton, TN

#3 Oct 15, 2012
Brent Bowles has NOT been appointed. He may be in the running for the position but thats all!
Home Town Girl

Alpharetta, GA

#4 Oct 16, 2012
Thank you Lord!
concerned citizen

Dayton, TN

#5 Oct 16, 2012
at least woody is leaving he must have screwed something up really bad to have to quit like that
wondering

United States

#6 Oct 16, 2012
I heard Ben Atchley was looking at the job and has been calling commissioners all day. That would be a mistake if they hired him. He has tried everything and everywhere to get a position. The Fire Department needs help from someone who can relate to the members volunteers and full time. There has to be someone in this county that is not with the department, who is qualified. They do not need to hire someone from the inside and they need to get away from the good old boys.
wondering

United States

#7 Oct 16, 2012
Thank goodness Dewey is gone. They have had so many problems with Dewey over the last 12 years. He has run off Volunteers, and have lost good qualified Full time people. The county can not survive without Volunteers. They think they can, but it will cost money, they do not have. I hope they find a qualified person, instead of a good old boy. They have suffered for 12 years under the Woody Arrogance now maybe they can have a better working relationship with the rest of the departments. This is a Fire Department not a police department like Woody has a background in.
Destroyed FD Integrity

United States

#8 Oct 17, 2012
wondering wrote:
Thank goodness Dewey is gone. They have had so many problems with Dewey over the last 12 years. He has run off Volunteers, and have lost good qualified Full time people. The county can not survive without Volunteers. They think they can, but it will cost money, they do not have. I hope they find a qualified person, instead of a good old boy. They have suffered for 12 years under the Woody Arrogance now maybe they can have a better working relationship with the rest of the departments. This is a Fire Department not a police department like Woody has a background in.
Woody ran off two really good fire fighters one for refusing to follow orders that were in direct violation of city policy and the other for reporting his coworker for sexual explicit pictures being sent to a female fire fighter against her will. She was lesbian and he was determined he could "fix her" when the co-worker reported the incident they were asked to resign. It's a shame what he did to our city during his reign.
angry fire fighter

Dayton, TN

#9 Oct 17, 2012
Destroyed FD Integrity wrote:
<quoted text>
Woody ran off two really good fire fighters one for refusing to follow orders that were in direct violation of city policy and the other for reporting his coworker for sexual explicit pictures being sent to a female fire fighter against her will. She was lesbian and he was determined he could "fix her" when the co-worker reported the incident they were asked to resign. It's a shame what he did to our city during his reign.
who does Woody think he is trying to "fix her"?? He needs to "fix" his own life starting with getting rid of his mistress!!
Wondering

United States

#10 Oct 19, 2012
So who is in the running for the Chief's Position. I hope we can get someone with good morals.
wondering

United States

#11 Jan 14, 2013
So, when are they going to appoint a fire chief. These guys need leadership. Is this Brent Bowles the chief or who is the permanent chief. We need one bad. This is crazy.
bcfd

Cleveland, TN

#12 Jan 15, 2013
angry fire fighter wrote:
<quoted text>
who does Woody think he is trying to "fix her"?? He needs to "fix" his own life starting with getting rid of his mistress!!
interesting still here that is happening
wondering

United States

#13 Jan 16, 2013
They just need to get the "good old boys" out of the mix. This county has so many lawsuits and will continue to get these until they get people in positions that know how to run a department. What is the latest bcfd about "fix her".
bcfd

Asheboro, NC

#14 Jan 17, 2013
Still happening
bcfd

Fayetteville, NC

#15 Jan 20, 2013
Well it made channel 3 lets see what happens
bcfd

Cleveland, TN

#16 Jan 24, 2013
Well i guess tankersly is getting it covered up. So far no action taken
bcfd

Cleveland, TN

#17 Jan 28, 2013
Well tankersly wife is divorcing him guess it was true
bcfd

Cleveland, TN

#18 Jan 29, 2013
Wow a smack on the wrist for sending dick pictures.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cleveland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bargain Hunt coming to Lebanon 3 hr sanford 1
News Alert: Inmate found dead at Wilson County Jail 21 hr Linda 1
Funeral home worker pretending to be a Pastor Sat Shawty26 1
Dr. Tammy Collins (Apr '13) Sat Elise Gingerich 15
Christina Wright (Mar '14) Mar 27 max 2
Look Who Got Busted Again! (May '14) Mar 26 Muggy 4
Jjjjjj Mar 26 Freakinhilarious 1
Cleveland Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web