Cleveland Council Honors Life Care

Cleveland Council Honors Life Care

There are 25 comments on the Chattanoogan.com story from Jan 11, 2010, titled Cleveland Council Honors Life Care. In it, Chattanoogan.com reports that:

Final Passage - Zoning Ordinance No: 2009-78 - To rezone 15 acres more or less on North Lee Highway from CH to RA .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chattanoogan.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
dennis matthews

Cleveland, TN

#1 Jan 11, 2010
Typical Cleveland: Honor the dollar. For crying out loud, are you people totally deranged? Watching Bradley County's political sheep play ball with proven crooks and killers and then kiss ass for political gain sickens me. All of you know what a disgrace Life Care Centers of America is and still don't have the balls to make a stand. No wonder we are losing this country. To hell with all of you spineless, spirtless, cowards. Richard Banks (now there is a real man.) He honor's 40 yrs of ripping off the government, our citizens and worst of all turning away from the abuse and killing of our parents for profit. Seriously, how many damn times do you have to watch our people get screwed over before you finally man up. I would live under a bridge with my integrity before I would sell out my people. You pretenders will never know the feeling of being a real man. Notice that I left my name. If you want my phone number just write.
dennismatthews

Cleveland, TN

#2 Jan 11, 2010
I probably should explain my bitterness. Mom retired from Bishop's bakery at the sweet age of 78. Her legs barely held her up but she was healthy. She went into Life Care for a 30 day rehab for speech therapy. She lasted 30 days and died from dehydration. I will never forget seeing her at the emergency room with her eyes spinning and waste coming through her mouth. Her organs had shut down. The emergency room doctor said this is not uncommon for Life Care. They simply do not staff. Anyway, mom died and I proved that Life Care killed my mother during an 11 day trial. They did everything from falsifying records to perjury. Anything goes with this bunch. Guility on 30 plus charges. The jury nailed their lying asses to the tune of 11 1/2 million. Remember!!! Judge Buchanan went against her own ruling and called a mistrial. How could any decent person watch a sweet woman be killed and let the killers off the hook? Look it up on the internet (Matthews vs Life Care Centers of America). Every site you visit will slam Bradley County justice system. I will never forgive THE COWARDS OF THIS DUMP. You know who the hell you are.
prognostic

AOL

#3 Jan 12, 2010
Well your just truthful . your a rarety in bradley county .
tango

Ooltewah, TN

#4 Jan 12, 2010
dennismatthews wrote:
I probably should explain my bitterness. Mom retired from Bishop's bakery at the sweet age of 78. Her legs barely held her up but she was healthy. She went into Life Care for a 30 day rehab for speech therapy. She lasted 30 days and died from dehydration. I will never forget seeing her at the emergency room with her eyes spinning and waste coming through her mouth. Her organs had shut down. The emergency room doctor said this is not uncommon for Life Care. They simply do not staff. Anyway, mom died and I proved that Life Care killed my mother during an 11 day trial. They did everything from falsifying records to perjury. Anything goes with this bunch. Guility on 30 plus charges. The jury nailed their lying asses to the tune of 11 1/2 million. Remember!!! Judge Buchanan went against her own ruling and called a mistrial. How could any decent person watch a sweet woman be killed and let the killers off the hook? Look it up on the internet (Matthews vs Life Care Centers of America). Every site you visit will slam Bradley County justice system. I will never forgive THE COWARDS OF THIS DUMP. You know who the hell you are.
Did you ever get any of the money ???
dennis matthews

Cleveland, TN

#5 Jan 12, 2010
A settlement was reached and I cannot talk about it. I will say this though. The Matthews family proved that Life Care Centers of America was guilty of killing my mother. My mother's nursing aide testified under oath that she was given orders not to hydrate her because of understaffing. Also, every medical record that they had on my mother was pencil whipped to try and cover this up. Also, government agencies were billed to help mom. Yea right. Their expert witness was a doctor who was from Germany. He was in charge of I think Vanderbilt Generics. His argument was that mom was old and dying anyway and that little things along the way like no water or food would keep her going for long anyway. You can imagine how the jury and everyone else felt. Can you imagine using that for a defense? Life Care did. Of course they were guilty on every charge except murder which would be to hard to prove but in reality is what happened. I have never filed suit against anyone before but when I realized what really happened to my mother I was going to fight. I am going to fight for the rest of my life against these for profit killing fields.
dennis matthews

Cleveland, TN

#6 Jan 13, 2010
I am beginning to believe that talking about this is bringing me somewhat out of depression. For the last 5 years I have tried to come to grips with how this happened. How could a nursing facility be so uncaring not to give water and food. How could a nursing facility be so cold blooded to let residents lay in shit for days at a time? How could a nursing facility milk the government out of millions with false claims and get away with it? The real cause of my depression is how could our citizens allow this. We all know the truth and have not did a damn thing about it.
dennis matthews

Cleveland, TN

#7 Jan 13, 2010
Come on Life Care let's go a few rounds in front of the public. I am calling your phony ass out. Especially you Hunter. Let's see if your weak ass will hold up. Please Beecher, you are the pres. Let's find out what you are made of. I know too well that big daddy will hide in his castle. Please, fight me. Please come out. You can even bring the blue haired ladies with you for support. We both know you are a joke and a yes man that has never stood up for anything decent. How do you go through life without any self respect? What is it like to have no integrity? What is it like to realize that your time spent on earth is nothing more than to kiss ass and drive a nice car? Don't you ever wish you were made of something a little stronger? I will never forget your bunch showing up for the verdict on that Friday. Remember. I waited for you. You and the rest showed up in luxury cars. I was watching from the top of the court house and watched you laugh and smile all the way into the court house. If I remember right, you were not laughing when you left. By the way, who was the plant that played the role of the woman speaking in tongues and begging for mercy? She was really good. Best supporting actress in my opinion. Hunter, you are not an actor, simply a stool. Hell, you ain't getting any younger; now's the time to become a man.
prognostic

AOL

#8 Jan 13, 2010
They only liten to money and if you aint got no money to lay on them then you are no count .
the ole beach wants to stay up with the jones's and bank up lots of loot cause he realy thinks he can take it with him .
they dont care bout no body , only what they can take from them !
Typical Cleveland style and they have taken it from a bunch of them .
One of their good ole boys threatened my parents some years ago , but he doidnt want to face me because he feared of extinction , so he never showed up . Yea , they take a lot from you and yours !

Since: Jan 10

Ooltewah, TN

#9 Jan 13, 2010
dennis matthews wrote:
I am beginning to believe that talking about this is bringing me somewhat out of depression. For the last 5 years I have tried to come to grips with how this happened. How could a nursing facility be so uncaring not to give water and food. How could a nursing facility be so cold blooded to let residents lay in shit for days at a time? How could a nursing facility milk the government out of millions with false claims and get away with it? The real cause of my depression is how could our citizens allow this. We all know the truth and have not did a damn thing about it.
I am sorry for your pain. You are dealing with legalized mafia. Please remember that God will sort out their punishment in the end. No one gets away with this behavior forever.
dennis matthews

Cleveland, TN

#10 Jan 13, 2010
Thank you Peaches. Dennis
dennis matthews

Cleveland, TN

#11 Jan 14, 2010
You know I did not have a clue about this type of greed til mom. Thank god I saw what happened and was stubborn enough to prove it. My brother and sister did not want any of this. Neither did her family. I finally thought fuck all of them. I know what happened and nobody, anywhere kills my mother without answering to me. After 5 yrs of research and a serious trial I realized that this country is being ran by trash that will do anything for money. It is terminal cancer. The cancer has spread to our schools, our judicial system, banks and believe it or not our kids. What kind of place is this when nursing homes will actually kill one of us for money. Talk about cold blooded; How did we get to this point where numbers mean more than our people. Watch these crooked bastards trying to cap lawsuits. Who really cares if Marie Matthews does not get water or food? She is not a priority plus she has no money. Get rid of her and open another bed. Business as usual. There will come a time when I will get even with these people.
dennis matthews

Cleveland, TN

#12 Jan 14, 2010
I hereby challenge Life Care Center of Cleveland to debate me at the media of your chosing. You can use the "Angel Network". We could debate in front of television if you wish. Hell, I don't care if we debate during one of your barn burners for the residents (nothing like pretending to go to the Pacific and having a drink.) Have you ever realized how tacky and phony your marketing is? Only Cleveland Tn would let you get away with that. Of course, Cleveland will always let big money pricks get away. Don't blame you Preston, you found a bunch of turkeys. We could debate in front of the courthouse or a bar. I guess all I'm asking is for a debate. Please consider. Dennis
dennis matthews

Cleveland, TN

#13 Jan 14, 2010
Let's change the subject. Don't think I have ever seen anything so heartbreaking as this Haiti deal. Wonder what kind of message is being sent?
dennis matthews

Cleveland, TN

#14 Jan 15, 2010
Can't even pick a fight. I thought by now someone would defend Life Care. Bet the hourly employees will not. You know, the kids that wanted a medical career but instead ended up being taught how to really take care of the residents. Things like turning towels into week long diapers will get you noticed. If you really want to impress management, convince family members that mom or dad is doing fine. Before you know it, you will working day shift. The shift where everything is busy. The shift where some old gal is getting her hair done. The shift where the angel network is on tv and the residents stoned enough to make a showing are eating and praising the lord. The shift where management makes their money. The shift that will convince decent people that this really ain't a bad place. Bet mom would like it.
dennis matthews

Cleveland, TN

#15 Jan 15, 2010
Please understand me people. Please listen to me. This is very important. Nothing is more important than taking care of our mothers and fathers. Our older bunch are without doubt better than us. These characters did not lock their doors. They built this country with their hands and guts. They helped their neighbors. For us to hand them over to true evil is unforgivable. Don't you dare send a parent to a for profit nursing home. If necessary go with a government home.
TalkinTurkie

Patterson, LA

#16 Jan 21, 2010
Thanks Dennis , You already know where I stand on this issue. I have a dear friend who is mentally and physically ill. The Nursing Home where she lives is in Decatur , Tennessee. My mother who is 78 tries to visit her as often as she can. On a recent visit my friend looked exhausted , she told my mother that two staff members on the night shift put her in a wheelchair and she has to sit in the hall all night. these two staff members told her she had to do this because she wets the bed at night . They also threaten to send her to "The Crazy House " if she protests too much. My friend named names and my mother went to the Administrator. My friends' plight improved. My concern is for all the others in nursing homes who have nobody to check on them , I fear that, without an advocate,their needs would not be met.
dennis matthews

Cleveland, TN

#17 Jan 22, 2010
Thank you Turkie. Since becoming aware of what really happens in these homes I have become a different person. I spent 5 years researching and giving all nursing homes a benefit of doubt. I did not want to believe that this type of horror was going on in every state in our country. Believe me. It is. I will do what I can to help the residents and expose the killers. That's right "killers".
dennis matthews

Cleveland, TN

#18 Jan 22, 2010
Turkey, you might want your mom to really keep any eye on your friend now. I don't mean to scare you but I know how these people are. Don't think for a minute complaing about care helps. It could very well make things worse. Remember, these places are so understaffed that morale of the real providers, the aides, is not good.
Support LCCA

Mesa, AZ

#19 May 10, 2010
dennis matthews wrote:
A settlement was reached and I cannot talk about it. I will say this though. The Matthews family proved that Life Care Centers of America was guilty of killing my mother. My mother's nursing aide testified under oath that she was given orders not to hydrate her because of understaffing. Also, every medical record that they had on my mother was pencil whipped to try and cover this up. Also, government agencies were billed to help mom. Yea right. Their expert witness was a doctor who was from Germany. He was in charge of I think Vanderbilt Generics. His argument was that mom was old and dying anyway and that little things along the way like no water or food would keep her going for long anyway. You can imagine how the jury and everyone else felt. Can you imagine using that for a defense? Life Care did. Of course they were guilty on every charge except murder which would be to hard to prove but in reality is what happened. I have never filed suit against anyone before but when I realized what really happened to my mother I was going to fight. I am going to fight for the rest of my life against these for profit killing fields.
Dennis we all know that the CNA was paid off by you and your attorney when you got some of the money. We will be watching the news to see what happens when you and he are confronted by the courts for bribing a young girl to lie with the promise of money.

Careful....you've been caught!
dennis matthews

Cleveland, TN

#20 Jun 3, 2010
you are confused, the only person paid off was the judge. get you info straight, whoever you are. by the way, who are you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cleveland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Angel boone (Jun '15) 16 hr lovenleave 4
News Church of God of Prophecy rethinks position aga... (Aug '06) 20 hr caliegirl 813
News Alert: Inmate found dead at Wilson County Jail (Mar '15) Thu jail is fun 9
vanderbilt baby nicu unit employees Thu KKCGNW 12
Chase Fakes Thu Fed Up 3
News Drug Task Force agent arrested in Bradley Count... (Jun '08) Thu Mentally scared 30
Adam Parrish now Harry Christensen (Oct '15) Wed LLLW down more 2 ... 8

Cleveland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cleveland Mortgages