child support, in bradley co.

Posted in the Cleveland Forum

outofthewoodwork

Cleveland, TN

#1 Jul 11, 2010
Who controls this? the child support system here sucks! if you have ever dealt with the child support office in cleveland you would know that the office is extremely understaffed and evidently has an extremely high turnover rate.(any decent person need a job, that actually has some balls?)
there are so many children that are not getting what they deserve due to some of the custodial parents thinking that it is THEIR money that the non custodial parent owes. for those who custodial parents that do not raise hell with the child support office, that have to sit back and wait and wait on a responce, never get it. the non custodial parents divulge false info just to "hide" from them. and you cannot offer info to the child support office, it is to expensive to hire your own attorney, for most of us in this day and time, so we have to wait.
if you have children, i honestly do not see the big deal about taking care of them, who wouldnt want to? our kids these days are getting worse and worse, they go without one and even sometimes both parents and neither of them want to take care of them. to the child support office, my hat is off to you, to the lazy ass parents that dont take care of their kids, sign your rights over!! you dont deserve them anyway! for all parents that are truly struggling to provide for your kids with the "help" of child support GOOD LUCK! i hope you get better results than i have.
does the district attorneys office do anything with this? is it considered part of their "elected" job description? if so i think with the new election we need a house cleaning! that is how we will bring change to this crappy city. lets vote someone in that actually gives a damn about the children that soon will be their elected officials.
Granny

United States

#2 Jul 11, 2010
I had to deal with the Bradley Co child support system years ago and got over $6000 stolen by Sally Love whom was the lawyer of that office back then and to come to find out I wasn't the only one...still to this day my children haven't received that money and Sally is still working but in another office. It's really sad cause my children suffered and they needed that money. I know the office has tons of cases and over worked employees but when you are a single mother doing the best you can it's just not good enough when you can't afford food and clothes for you children and you call and call and no one helps you. Every child needs the support of both parents to have a better life. I say we needed a change many many years ago and we are long overdue. God Bless and Good Luck to you and your children.
Jay

Cleveland, TN

#3 Jul 14, 2010
The child support offices in many Tennessee counties is not run by the county or state. A for- profit company out of Denver, Colorado took over collecting payments several years ago and brought their system of collecting money into Tennessee. They make millions off the poor people in addition to the state taking their "share". The money finally trickles down to the child and is just a fraction of what should be given. The office in Cleveland receives many awards at their company banquet every year for the most profit of any county in the state. Check this company out by going to the child support office and write down the 800 phone number that should be posted in the waiting room of every office run by this company. The number is for complaints and there are many ways to reach the office in Denver. By searching the internet, you can actually see how many millions of dollars they make. They are quite proud of their financial state.
paul luster

United States

#4 Jul 19, 2010
bradley county child support services here is a bunch of crooks they commit fraud this happen to me i took them to court & won the x wife i divorced after my child support was supposed to be over , the x bitch lied to child support services saying i owed 60,000 since they was no proof cause the court we agreed on in divorce court i was to pay her the x every week so i did so this x wife linda jo bryant luster here in cleveland this crook & lier that owns this hair school in cleveland called new concepts tried to get child support services to get another 60,000 i already paid , they had my drivers lic suspended turned me over to credit bureu & tried to get my incometax i did have my copies of the checks i sent so i made them look pretty stupid in court but its always for most of the time for the women they r all run by women even in nashville they r crooks & hope they go to hell
granny

United States

#5 Jul 25, 2010
Paul it's great that you got all that fixed in court and justice was served. I wish I could have got my childrens money back but that's the way the system works I guess. I sure hope Sally Lowe needed it more than my kids did.
granny

United States

#6 Jul 25, 2010
I'm sorry, SALLY LOVE not Sally Lowe.
Becca

Cleveland, TN

#7 Aug 6, 2010
It took 14 months from the day I filed to get a court date. After 6 months I called EVERY DAY. And when I was lucky enough to actually get a person and not a voice mail they had many excuses "We're understaffed, we can't find him, we haven't gotten to it, your case worker is on vacation..." blah blah blah. How could they not find him when I gave them his SSN, address, where he worked, all the places he hung out regularly and a freakin' picture of him! That office is a joke. I hate that other people had to suffer through all this, but it's nice to know I'm not the only one!
Only one

Dayton, TN

#8 Aug 6, 2010
I find it interesting the comments that i've read on here. I worked for Child Support in Bradley County for nearly 10 years. I've been on both sides as far as working there and being a single mom collecting support as well.

First off the courts are NOT a perfect system; especially when you are trying to collect money from someone in a situation that is probably volatile at best. Lets face it, if the people were cordial they wouldn't need child support. Just because we have all the needed information of where someone is working and living it doesn't mean we can get you into court (law requires we exact service on someone before we can get them into court) or collect support through an employer because not all employers are required to deduct wages (again, state law). The state average is 60% of cases pay. That's it! The people who work there are covering approximately 1000 cases each. That means if 60% is paying they have 400 cases to work hard. Unfortunately there aren't enough hours in the day to do everyone's right as they want it.

To the person who was complaining about it being a "for profit" company running the show..it is true but you have some misguided facts. There are 3 private companies currently in TN that cover about 40% of the counties in TN. Each one is contracted and gets a set amount of money by the state based upon their bid. Don't you think the state wants to pay out the least amount of money? It's not like they give the companies much option in having a good staff-case ratio. Also, as far as your comments about the company/state taking their share, they receive nothing out of what is paid in. 100% paid in goes out to the custodial parent. Also, they have never been highest in the state as far as profit. In fact, bonuses/awards weren't given out for years! It's in the benefit of the workers to work their a** off and DO their job because that is the only way they can get a bonus of any kind. It's sad but 60% of cases paying is pretty good in any state.

It's not a perfect system but it's all we have and the people there really do care and do the best they can with what they have. I can honestly say that I received a whole lot more "thank you's" then I ever got in complaints. Just remember that they are doing what they can...and if you just don't feel it's good enough take your case to supportkids.com and let them try and collect for you..and let them take 30% of your money for their fee.
elizabeth brice

Cleveland, TN

#9 Oct 18, 2011
what other service does the dept of human service provide
lisa

United States

#10 Jan 30, 2013
The child support office said i owe over 20,000 in child support my kids only collected for 6 months that does not and will never add up to 20 grand

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cleveland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
people of cleveland (May '11) 14 hr people person 4
have you loaned money to jamie walker and he di... Wed Dave 2
Robbie Johnson .widowed fiance and children Tue evilangel66 4
Cleveland Police-dirty again Tue Zapp 1
Why women let themselves go and become lazy (Apr '13) Tue Go ahead 21
-Low life gossip- Marcus Gibson/ Tyler Worth Mar 3 Angela 1
Review: Adam Cline PC - Adam Cline DDS (Jan '10) Mar 3 Isabella 13

Flood Warning for Bradley County was issued at March 05 at 12:00PM CST

Cleveland Dating
Find my Match