Dont purchase guns from posey gun and pawn!

Posted in the Cleveland Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Dissatisfied customer

Cleveland, TN

#1 Dec 19, 2011
Dont purchase guns from posey gun and pawn. bought one there for around 700 dollars and was supposedly brand new. It broke within 4 days and they would not give money back 4 it and said it was used now so they could only give me 500 worth trade in on it. Gun didnt even make it thru a hundred rounds! or a week!!$700.00 dollars thats sad!! They wont give money back and instead helping a very dissatifeid customer they said they couldnt take the loss but pretty much they expect there customers to take it!! Very very lame customer service!! The details to this mess are to much to continue to type here. But main point is if you want a good reliable gun, dont buy from poseys gun and pawn on keith street by krystal in cleveland!! Go somewhere with great customer service that treat there customers paying good money right! Especially if a so called new gun not even a week old breaks with less than a hundred rounds fired thru it and they wanna call it used and make there customers take hundred to hundred fifty dollar hits on new guns. That should work!! No new gun should break that quick...and if it does it should be made right like most professional business's would do!! This store to me gets the lowest of low ratings if you ask me...and if I can save anyone else from going thru the mess I had too then that will make me feel alot better!! So people beware of buying new guns or really anything from Poseys!!!!
jimmiedee

Ringgold, GA

#2 Dec 19, 2011
If the gun is new ask them to return it to the factory for repair had the same thing happen gun was jaming sent to colt fatory and was repaired has never jamed since. you cant expect Terry to buy the gun back. So go to him ask for Terry posey the owner i think he will send the gun back for repair it has a warrenty if you realy purchased a new gun or was it a used gun your claiming as new i know most of his guns are used.
it figures

Dayton, TN

#3 Dec 20, 2011
thats a posey for ya crooked as the day is long i tried to put some good antiques in there autcion on georgetown rd and they turned me away saying they had all they could handle.i have been to many auctions all my life and i have never been turned down to run something through the auction they get payed either way it goes

Cleveland, TN

#4 Dec 20, 2011
no this gun was new! thats what I was told when I bought it there. I wasnt looking to buy a used gun so I made sure i asked. Yes after dealing with them and then I called taurus there going to fix it at taurus and said they would make sure they paid shipping there and back since it was so new. I gave taurus my security number off the gun and they verified that it was a new gun too. So Im almost 100 percent positive it was new. But this gun broke and wasnt even a week old that shouldnt have happened. and almost every other store within a 30 day period will refund your money entirely back or trade you for a gun of equal value! You'd think they as a business would be liable for the products they sold at least for a 30 day period after purchase. this gun went bad in four days and only got shot 2 of those days. broke before a hundred rounds even got thru it. Anyone that buys a gun wants one that reliable that they can depend on not one with problems especially 4 days out the box. I know people that had similar problems that bought there shotgun from fugates and it wouldnt eject 2 3/4 shells and they replaced it without hesitation for another of equal value. I just dont want anyone else to run into the same problem that why I posted it. I liked there gun shop and the two or three guys working for him I just wished they would have been a little more customer service when things like this happen. its not like they have this happen and have 2 deal with it all the time. And taurus should have worked with him on that since they sent him a bunk gun. they should give him a new one to sell. because it is not right for customer to spend around 700.00 for new gun and when it breaks that quick to be told yeah we will trade you but we can only give you 500.00 worth on it now. thats just my opinion tho.
jimmiedee

Ringgold, GA

#5 Dec 20, 2011
At least its going to be repaired. When i sent mine back to colt theadived me they had a run that were jamming not ejecting correctly. They had worked my colt hasnt jammed since thats beem maybe 10 years ago. Im sure you will be surprised how well your wepon will work after its returned to you.
hotrod

Decatur, TN

#6 Jan 14, 2012
Taurus has a lifetime warranty. So they will fix it for free.Did you ask them to send it back or just come in and demand your money back? Did you reseach the gun before you bought it? Which Taurus was it?Did the store actually tell you that they wanted you to take the loss? Im just confussed!
Terry Posey

Batesburg, SC

#8 Jan 14, 2012
That auction on Georgetown Road belongs to Bobby. Not TP
MKR

Cleveland, TN

#9 Mar 10, 2012
Your problem is with Taurus. You get what you pay for. However Taurus does have a lifetime warranty and as a previous employee at a very large local gun store I have never had a problem with their custome service department. You need to realize that purchasing a gun is not a chance for you to take it out, shoot it, maybe have problems with it or just change your mind about the one you purchased and demand a full refund. No gun shop I have ever dealt with will take firearms back and give you a full refund for a gun you have used without first sending it back for repair with the manufacture. If they would I would have a new gun very time a new model comes out. Talk with Terry I guarantee he will send it back to Taurus for warranty repair if you allow him. If you can't handle that use it as a paper weight to hold your crying towel in place!
jro

United States

#10 Apr 18, 2012
Only problem I ever had out of em was their ignorance of TN handgun carry laws. Told me open carry was illegal in TN but no harm no foul. Gun I bought was awesome
Chris

United States

#11 Apr 19, 2012
I purchased two handguns from them and had no issues with the guns or the service. They were more than happy to show me anything and didn't complain a but when I had 10 guns out on the counter. My only complaint is that I'd like for them to carry better ammunition. When I purchased my wife's 9mm they only had the cheap Federal ammo in that caliber.
Matt

Cleveland, TN

#12 Apr 25, 2012
I've purchased 3 handguns from them and done some trading....always nice and helpful...had no issues and I would recommend them.
from charleston

Dayton, TN

#13 May 1, 2012
the poseys have always been known as the crooks of the south so buyer be wear and keep up with all recipts and get it in writing and sighed that they will fix it or have it fixxed if something goes wrong
hotrod

Decatur, TN

#14 May 11, 2012
from charleston wrote:
the poseys have always been known as the crooks of the south so buyer be wear and keep up with all recipts and get it in writing and sighed that they will fix it or have it fixxed if something goes wrong
This is such B.S.!! I have bought guns there and been treated with up most respect. Sound like someone has a grudge.
from charleston

Dayton, TN

#15 May 22, 2012
nope no grudge i speak facts i have known the poseys all my life and i have never knew 1 that would tell the truth about anything.you can ask many people around town and they will tell you the same start with the antique dealers then work your way through the auctions and real estate people,you will soon learn i speak the truth heck i know 1 of the posey klan people call nosey posey because he has his nose stuck in everybodys biz then he spreads rumors about that person and if they are in the same biz as he is he will try to ruin them by slander just ask around
Duece Bigalow

Greer, SC

#16 May 28, 2012
I didn't relize Cleveland had so many mouthbreathers.
Jim

United States

#17 Jun 20, 2012
I have had many dealings with Posey's and never had any problems. I guess it's all in the attitude.4167
burl

Ooltewah, TN

#18 Jul 27, 2012
i aint saying they done nothing wrong but i was in there and saw them let a friend buy a gun when another fellas background check wouldnt go through. i've dealt with them on many occasions and like that little feller in there. he's good to talk to and helpful. he'll even tell you when he just don't know the answer. i reccomend them, but still aint sure about that one deal i saw go down while i was waitin to do my paperwork.
Dissatisfied customer

Brevard, NC

#19 Nov 4, 2012
I bought 2 guns at the July auction. When I went to pay they were asking $450 for a gun I bid $350 on. I argued to no avail and told them I wasn't paying it. Very disappointing.
Somebody

United States

#20 Nov 4, 2012
Lol POSEY~~says it all~~~
from cleveland

Lake City, FL

#21 Nov 27, 2012
a old buddy of mine used to drag one of the poseys out duck huntin with us and all that boy would talk about was everybody else's buisness. that posey owned the storage place over off tasso. he would tell us how he had screwed people out of their property and then sell it back to thier ken folk after he'd bought it and screw them again. this is a prime example of why you dont do people bad in a small town, what comes to mind is " what comes around , goes around" but the funny thing is the poseys are doing pretty well and opening new buisness's. how is that, dont people know who they are dealing with!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cleveland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jamie Sloan 4 hr Hisgirl1228 4
Strong Gas Smell 8 hr Real life 6
Cleveland drivers 11 hr Resident 1
High water costs draw concern in Charleston Fri wiy 2
Bradley county police Fri We the people 1
Wilson County Sheriff Dept Thu Anon 13
Why Is CLEVELAND BANNER Constantly Promoting Wa... (May '12) Dec 24 suzy 17
Cleveland Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web