Should state mandate immunizations? N...

Should state mandate immunizations? New requirements effective in July

There are 9752 comments on the Chattanoogan.com story from May 4, 2011, titled Should state mandate immunizations? New requirements effective in July. In it, Chattanoogan.com reports that:

Immunizations are one of the most efficient and cost-effective ways to protect children against childhood diseases and Tennessee law requires documented immunizations.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chattanoogan.com.

WOW

Lexington, TN

#9880 Aug 1, 2014
Moma wrote:
<quoted text> That exactly what I said, u cannot enroll ur child in school without them...an if u didn u would have the school board to deal with, then the gov would step in...home school maybe, but before this thread I had always thought they we mandatory...already???
There are exemptions for all states but 2 & Tennessee ain't one of them.

http://www.nvic.org/Vaccine-Laws/state-vaccin...

Both religious & medical exemptions apply to Tn.
I argued that religion is a philosophy & they conceded.

LEARN YOUR RIGHTS.
WOW

Lexington, TN

#9883 Aug 1, 2014
One wonders about the risks of the HPV vaccine when long term cancer studies have not been done.
There is another serious question that may be answered sooner: what effect will the vaccine have on the other cancer-causing strains of HPV? Nature never leaves a void, so if HPV-16 and HPV-18 are suppressed by an effective vaccine, other strains of the virus will take their place. The question is, will these strains cause cervical cancer?

Results from clinical trials are not encouraging. Vaccinated women show an increased number of precancerous lesions caused by strains of HPV other than HPV-16 and HPV-18. The results are not statistically significant, but if the trend is real – and further clinical trials should tell us in a few years – there is reason for serious concern!!!!!!!

In an article in the New England Journal of Medicine “ Human Papilloma Virus Vaccination – Reasons for Caution”, Dr. Haug again poses the question of replacement:

“How will the vaccine affect other oncogenic strains of HPV? If HPV-16 and HPV-18 are effectively suppressed, will there be selective pressure on the remaining strains of HPV? Other strains may emerge as significant oncogenic serotypes”."

YOU FOOLS NEED TO READ READ READ!!!!!
WTH

Knoxville, TN

#9884 Aug 2, 2014
WOW wrote:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pm c/articles/PMC3170075/
VACCINES KILL BABIES YOU DUMBSHITZ!!!!!!!!
Try less caffeine and looser tin foil.
WTH

Knoxville, TN

#9885 Aug 2, 2014
WOW wrote:
http://www.greenmedinfo.com/bl og/multiple-infant-vaccines-li nked-dramatically-increased-mo rtality
ALL THE LINKS ARE THERE AZZHOLES!!!!!!!!!
There are also links about aliens, werewolves and bigfoot. They are all entertaining and wrong as the day is long.
Zeke

Paris, TN

#9886 Aug 2, 2014
WOW wrote:
http://www.greenmedinfo.com/bl og/multiple-infant-vaccines-li nked-dramatically-increased-mo rtality
ALL THE LINKS ARE THERE AZZHOLES!!!!!!!!!
Yeah right!

http://americanloons.blogspot.com/2014/03/950...
Zeke

Paris, TN

#9887 Aug 2, 2014
WOW wrote:
One wonders about the risks of the HPV vaccine when long term cancer studies have not been done.
There is another serious question that may be answered sooner: what effect will the vaccine have on the other cancer-causing strains of HPV? Nature never leaves a void, so if HPV-16 and HPV-18 are suppressed by an effective vaccine, other strains of the virus will take their place. The question is, will these strains cause cervical cancer?
Results from clinical trials are not encouraging. Vaccinated women show an increased number of precancerous lesions caused by strains of HPV other than HPV-16 and HPV-18. The results are not statistically significant, but if the trend is real – and further clinical trials should tell us in a few years – there is reason for serious concern!!!!!!!
In an article in the New England Journal of Medicine “ Human Papilloma Virus Vaccination – Reasons for Caution”, Dr. Haug again poses the question of replacement:
“How will the vaccine affect other oncogenic strains of HPV? If HPV-16 and HPV-18 are effectively suppressed, will there be selective pressure on the remaining strains of HPV? Other strains may emerge as significant oncogenic serotypes”."
YOU FOOLS NEED TO READ READ READ!!!!!
The results are not statistically significant, but if the trend is real – and further clinical trials should tell us in a few years – there is reason for serious concern!!!!!!!

Note the expressions. "Not statistically significant" And "if the trend is real" The first statement implies that there is no evidence for "the trend"

Fools like you need to comprehend what you read. Your post suggests that you cannot,
Concerned

France

#9888 Aug 2, 2014
Yes
WOW

Lexington, TN

#9889 Aug 2, 2014
Zeke wrote:
FOLLOW THE LINKS TO THE STUDIES YOU DUMBAZZ!!!
ALL THE STUDIES ARE THERE!!!
VACCINES KILL. OUR OWN GOVERNMENT PAYS VICTIMS OF VACCINE INJURY!!!
VICP.
ZEKE & WTH POST LIKE THEY GET PAID TO!!!
PAID SHILLS FOR PHARMA!!!
Zeke

Paris, TN

#9890 Aug 2, 2014
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>
VICP.
As I wrote in the earlier post-- you apparently cannot comprehend what you read. From the posts you folks have made here, it ks clear that most of you anti-vacs people seem to be the same boat.

You want me to believe what you claim, then provide the evidence.

The argument that the pharms are out to get is not evidence-- there is no logical inconsistency in claiming both:

There is corruption in the drug industry

Many drugs are effective in the prevention and treatment of diseases.

If you don't believe that, then I suggest you visit your faith healer the next time you are ill.

The all caps suggests that you are having a tantrum.
Consider growing up.
Zeke

Paris, TN

#9891 Aug 2, 2014
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>
VICP.
I have followed the links. Problem is, Geeze, you cannot understand the reports.

I like Geeze rather than Wow as a handle here.
Mom23

Lexington, TN

#9892 Aug 3, 2014
VACCINE INDUCED AUTOIMMUNE DISORDERS - PubMed - NCBI... information on 786 studies spreading across 79 pages.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/...

My nephew died from a vaccine injury. WE learned the hard way.

Do your research.
Zeke

Paris, TN

#9893 Aug 3, 2014
Mom23 wrote:
VACCINE INDUCED AUTOIMMUNE DISORDERS - PubMed - NCBI... information on 786 studies spreading across 79 pages.
Do your research.
So, have you read all 786 studies. I am sure you have not.

You need to be specific: of which vaccine are you referencing?
Who informed you that it was a vaccine injury that resulted in your nephews death? How old was your nephew when this happened?
scared

Cleveland, TN

#9894 Aug 3, 2014
EBOLA!!!
Zeke

Paris, TN

#9895 Aug 3, 2014
scared wrote:
EBOLA!!!
Don't worry, you have a 10% chance of surviving if you are infected.
WTH

Knoxville, TN

#9897 Aug 3, 2014
Mom23 wrote:
Do your research.
Really? What was is name, I'd like to read the details. I'm sure there is a write up.
loveable one

United States

#9901 Aug 4, 2014
YES
Mom23

Lexington, TN

#9902 Aug 4, 2014
WTH wrote:
<quoted text>Really? What was is name, I'd like to read the details. I'm sure there is a write up.
There was no "write up" this happened before 1982, before the national program to pay for injuries.
His name isn't important to you anyway, your agenda is pretty clear.
You're here to derail this thread, the truth is not your goal.

Tell me, when the ebola vaccine is fast tracked to the market, will you line up for it?
Your trust is unshakeable, so will you be first in line?
Will you?
How about your children?
The estimated first year earning is expected to be 1.8 billion.

An industry with no liability, no...consequences if you are injured. or God forbid, die as a result, so will you?

We need guinea pigs, and since you are so gung-ho...so adamant about all this, volunteer, do the right thing and let the only business in the world who faces no reprisal, test this vaccine out on you.

You are unshakeable in your faith, vaccines are totally safe.
So you go first, and get back to the rest of us on that.
scared

Fairview, NC

#9903 Aug 4, 2014
EBOLA!!!!!
Zeke

Paris, TN

#9904 Aug 4, 2014
Mom23 wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no "write up" this happened before 1982, before the national program to pay for injuries.
His name isn't important to you anyway, your agenda is pretty clear.
You're here to derail this thread, the truth is not your goal.
Tell me, when the ebola vaccine is fast tracked to the market, will you line up for it?
Your trust is unshakeable, so will you be first in line?
Will you?
How about your children?
The estimated first year earning is expected to be 1.8 billion.
An industry with no liability, no...consequences if you are injured. or God forbid, die as a result, so will you?
We need guinea pigs, and since you are so gung-ho...so adamant about all this, volunteer, do the right thing and let the only business in the world who faces no reprisal, test this vaccine out on you.
You are unshakeable in your faith, vaccines are totally safe.
So you go first, and get back to the rest of us on that.
You did not answer my questions asked in my previous post. Until you do this, your comments are to be dismissed as furthering your own agenda.

WTH has respect for evidence--provide scientifically accptable evidence that vaccines are more harmful than good, then he and I might change our opinion. Because you do not understand the nature of scientific evidence it is you who are unshakeable in your faith. The evidence provided vby your claim about your nephew is anecdotal, and you have, not even shown that it was the vaccine (which one?) led to your nephews death--so your anecdote does not stand up to examination.
Mom23

Lexington, TN

#9905 Aug 4, 2014
Zeke wrote:
<quoted text>
You did not answer my questions asked in my previous post. Until you do this, your comments are to be dismissed as furthering your own agenda.
WTH has respect for evidence--provide scientifically accptable evidence that vaccines are more harmful than good, then he and I might change our opinion. Because you do not understand the nature of scientific evidence it is you who are unshakeable in your faith. The evidence provided vby your claim about your nephew is anecdotal, and you have, not even shown that it was the vaccine (which one?) led to your nephews death--so your anecdote does not stand up to examination.
This is my third post in this thread.
My first was a link to nearly 200 studies. I'm sure you've read them all by now, being a rocket scientist and all.

So, dismiss me, dismiss my nephew as "anecdotal" that's your prerogative.
You won't find his name on any federal report, my sibling accepted that medicine isn't perfect, sometimes things just happen.

Then the liability shield came along, the number of injuries began to pour into VAERS and computers in the home became common place.
Information is accessible today that parents didn't have in those days.

I saw the posts here, and WOW (who, I agree, needs to cut back on the caffeine) is correct, exemptions are available in Tennessee,this needs to be explained to people who don't know they have a choice.

Everyone has the right to decide, and if you have a history of autoimmune problems in your family, there are tough decisions to be made.
My eldest siblings have medical waivers, after what happened to their brother.

My children have had all their vaccines. That was my choice.

As it should be.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cleveland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Just wondering Sun Country32 1
Chase Fakes Sat Tonya 4
Big truck Sat anonymous 1
Angel boone (Jun '15) Dec 2 lovenleave 4
News Church of God of Prophecy rethinks position aga... (Aug '06) Dec 2 caliegirl 813
News Alert: Inmate found dead at Wilson County Jail (Mar '15) Dec 1 jail is fun 9
vanderbilt baby nicu unit employees Dec 1 KKCGNW 12

Cleveland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cleveland Mortgages