Should state mandate immunizations? N...

Should state mandate immunizations? New requirements effective in July

There are 9654 comments on the Chattanoogan.com story from May 4, 2011, titled Should state mandate immunizations? New requirements effective in July. In it, Chattanoogan.com reports that:

Immunizations are one of the most efficient and cost-effective ways to protect children against childhood diseases and Tennessee law requires documented immunizations.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chattanoogan.com.

WTH

Loudon, TN

#9621 Jun 26, 2014
Get Real wrote:
<quoted text>
At a June 20, 1996 meeting of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) of the Centers for Disease Control, members of the federal vaccine policymaking panel voted to move away from use of the live oral polio vaccine (OPV) and toward increased use of the injectable inactivated polio vaccine (IPV) in order to cut down on the number of cases of polio disease caused by OPV in the U.S. each year. Although this action may reduce the number of vaccine associated polio cases in children and adults who swallow live OPV, it will have little effect on the cases of vaccine associated polio that occur in children and adults who get polio by coming into contact with the body fluids of a person who has recently swallowed live OPV. On September 18, 1996, Dr. David Satcher, Director of the CDC accepted the recommendation.
They administer orally today, doofus.
yep

Lexington, TN

#9622 Jun 26, 2014
One paper in the Journal of Toxicology and Environmental Health suggested that boys who received the HepB vaccine beginning at birth were three times more likely to develop an ASD than boys who did not.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21058170
WTH

Loudon, TN

#9623 Jun 26, 2014
yep wrote:
One paper in the Journal of Toxicology and Environmental Health suggested that boys who received the HepB vaccine beginning at birth were three times more likely to develop an ASD than boys who did not.
Changing your name won't make you any smarter.
WTH

Loudon, TN

#9624 Jun 26, 2014
yep wrote:
So I take it that YOU did n ot get the Polio vaccination and did not allow your children to get Polio vaccine?
WTH

Loudon, TN

#9625 Jun 26, 2014
yep wrote:
The key phrase in your post is "one paper".
Festus

Paris, TN

#9626 Jun 26, 2014
Get Real wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the post again.
91% of the elderly, over age 65.
Learn to read.
The claim in the quote was that only 9% of those over 65 were helped by the vaccine. That proportion is not enough to conclude that that particular vaccine was effective.

You need not only to learn how to read but also you need some understanding of elementary statistics.
Festus

Paris, TN

#9627 Jun 26, 2014
yep wrote:
"No items found--PubMed--NCBI
Get Real

Lexington, TN

#9628 Jun 26, 2014
Mutant Polio Virus Spreads in Nigeria
14 August 2009, London (AP - CBS News)
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/08/14/hea ...

124 Children Afflicted By Paralyzing Disease, Believed To Be Caused By Same Vaccine Used To Fight It
Festus

Paris, TN

#9629 Jun 26, 2014
Get Real wrote:
124 Children Afflicted By Paralyzing Disease, Believed To Be Caused By Same Vaccine Used To Fight It
Believe it or not, CBS is not an authoritative medical media source. What is their source for this claim?

The link appears to be broken.

This story is almost five years old. I would think there would be a follow-up
WTH

Loudon, TN

#9630 Jun 26, 2014
Get Real wrote:
Sorry, but you are just not intelligent enough to debate this topic. You don't understand the most basic thing about backing up statements with documented facts. You also seem to try and use some misinterpreted minutia that you claim proves a much larger point. You're just the most ridiculous person I ever seen try to hold a position about something. I'm afraid you just have to be treated exactly like what you are.... irrelevant.
WTH

Loudon, TN

#9631 Jun 26, 2014
Oh, by the way, your big documentation link is BLANK.
Man

Milan, TN

#9633 Jun 26, 2014
No
Get Real

Lexington, TN

#9635 Jun 26, 2014
WTH wrote:
<quoted text>They administer orally today, doofus.
In the USA?
Prove it.
Get Real

Lexington, TN

#9636 Jun 26, 2014
Post #9632 & 9634 are missing.

Interesting.
Festus

Paris, TN

#9637 Jun 26, 2014
Get Real wrote:
Post #9632 & 9634 are missing.
Interesting.
So what is your point with this post?
WTH

Loudon, TN

#9638 Jun 27, 2014
Get Real wrote:
<quoted text>
In the USA?
Prove it.
Why should I? You have never bothered to prove anything YOU say.

“Trust is earned!”

Since: Jan 12

B.C. MI... lives in dayton

#9639 Jun 27, 2014
Festus wrote:
<quoted text>
So what is your point with this post?
I think the point is that since were talking about such a important topic and there is a control of information campaign going on now more then ever... maybe these two responses were something that the powers that be did not want us to see.. duhhhhhh
Sara

Weaverville, NC

#9640 Jun 27, 2014
Yes
WTH

Loudon, TN

#9641 Jun 27, 2014
Billy Woods wrote:
<quoted text> I think the point is that since were talking about such a important topic and there is a control of information campaign going on now more then ever... maybe these two responses were something that the powers that be did not want us to see.. duhhhhhh
It is more likely that they were posts that contained inappropriate language.
Zeke

Paris, TN

#9642 Jun 27, 2014
Billy Woods wrote:
<quoted text> I think the point is that since were talking about such a important topic and there is a control of information campaign going on now more then ever... maybe these two responses were something that the powers that be did not want us to see.. duhhhhhh
i

Duh yourself.

Are you assuming that it was antivaccine posts that were taken down? If indeed this were the there can be only one or two of the following three reasons

1. Inappropriate language as one has already suggested.

2. Truly scientific evidence that vaccines create more harm than good was presented.

3. The posts were too stupid even for Topix.

Given that 2 never been prodiced here, nor has it been provided by any credible source, there is prima facie evidence that the problem with the two posts is one or both of the other alternatives. To be kind, we can go with 1.

I wonder where you got the evidence for your claim that

there is a control of information campaign going on now more then ever...

Are you a bit paranoid? Or perhaps you are another crackpot conspiriacy theorist?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cleveland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pfg driver 1 hr Cbs 2
nathan sanders 12 hr thief 3
News Cleveland School Board Calls Special Meeting Af... Sat aatpops 3
Lifecare Sat Bryce L 9
oldfields finest Fri hood 1
News Life Care plans new nursing home in Maryville area (Aug '12) Feb 5 Teresa 3
Vince & Amy Mellon Feb 4 What did you do V... 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cleveland Mortgages