Should state mandate immunizations? New requirements effective in July

May 4, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Chattanoogan.com

Immunizations are one of the most efficient and cost-effective ways to protect children against childhood diseases and Tennessee law requires documented immunizations.

Comments
8,001 - 8,020 of 8,944 Comments Last updated 21 hrs ago

Since: Aug 13

Columbia, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

Joshua Ferra wrote:
<quoted text>Science and medicine is made by Scientists and doctors. Not idiots. I take their work over yours.

But you keep following people like Jim Carrey for medical advice(s) instead of the professional doctors.
Yea, you just keep drinking the fluoride buddy. "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds" A.E.
Mikey Miles

Kingston, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

I think we should have more autistic kids. It's like they are an awesome super hero. Half man, half potato, all lulz!
Armadillo

Milan, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Judged:

Jethro33 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, you just keep drinking the fluoride buddy. "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds" A.E.
Could you let me know what you have been smoking. It must be some good shit
public schooled

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Judged:

Joshua Ferra wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you been huffing paint?
I know you have been brainwashed in public schools, because you believe everything the government tells you. Just keep thinking like they tell you to think and never ever spend one second thinking for yourself.
brainwashed public school

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Judged:

Armadillo wrote:
<quoted text>
Conspiracy theorist like you are never quite in touch with reality. Your claims are based on anecdotal evidence and wishful thinking
Conspiracy means two or more working together to do evil. I guess you believe two or more are not working together in government to do evil? Try thinking for yourself sometime, you might just like it more than thinking like government educated kids that are taught to think like they are told to think. Never question what the government tells you little sheep. They never lie!

Dyer, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Judged:

bahhh bahhh
Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Judged:

vaccines wrote:
I think people should choose whether they vaccinate themselves or their children, in the context that if they don't follow the rules, there is a separate school for their kids to go to where none of the kids are vaccinated, or home school, or online school, aka alternative public school options. But I also believe that people should be able to marry whom they want, enbibe if they want, put any substance into their own bodies they wish, as long as they aren't in anyone else's way or spending other tax payers money to do it, but if you or your kids are receiving any federal aid, government help, etc, you have to follow restrictive rules because you aren't a paying customer anyway. but that's just me.
Why does someone get their kids vaccinated?
Armadillo

Milan, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

brainwashed public school wrote:
<quoted text> Conspiracy means two or more working together to do evil. I guess you believe two or more are not working together in government to do evil? Try thinking for yourself sometime, you might just like it more than thinking like government educated kids that are taught to think like they are told to think. Never question what the government tells you little sheep. They never lie!
Read cafefully: I did noT say that you were part of a conspicacy--it is at others are egnaged in a conspiracy against others.

When you claim that others cannoT think for themselves when they disagree with your peculiar ideas is no argument. You make such claims because you especially are unable to think for yourself.
Smartz

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

Judged:

what wrote:
<quoted text>
People who opt out of vaccines for their children are hindering our "herd immunity." In order to prevent epidemics of diseases like measles, somewhere between 85% and 90% of the population has to be vaccinated against it. At that level, even people falling in the 7% vaccine failure group will remain safe because nobody around them is capable of transmitting the disease. When parents choose not to vaccinate their kids over some thoroughly debunked conspiracy theories, they are putting everybody at risk. It IS selfish. It IS irresponsible.
You are sorely misinformed, you think like a doctor and doctors only know medicine not wellness and health. Research and science will prove you way wrong. Don't be ignorant, be better and do some homework.
Armadillo

Milan, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
bahhh bahhh
Only those who have no argument convict others of being sheep.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

I'm actually conflicted on this issue. If an adult doesn't want to vaccinate, sure, not prob. But not allowing their children to...hum...
So, I'd be interested in arguments from both sides.(But no conspiracy theories, please.)
Armadillo

Milan, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

Judged:

Smartz wrote:
<quoted text>
You are sorely misinformed, you think like a doctor and doctors only know medicine not wellness and health. Research and science will prove you way wrong. Don't be ignorant, be better and do some homework.
You are drawing a baseless distinction between medicine and wellness and health.

So it is you that is sorely misinformed.
Kid

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2013

Judged:

lol funny wrote:
I think yes shots should be mandated for the health and safety of our children. In the past 2 months children have gone over sea's and come back w/ whopping cough and mumps because those countries don't mandate or can't afford shots. I watched a program that said they did research on shots and autism they said the shots had nothing to do w/ it. I don't know if they do or not but seems to me if they did more kids would get autism especially since the shots now are the shots our parents and we got. When you decide to have children you take on their wants and needs no the government shouldn't have to pay for anybody's kids. The parents should pay for their health care, food, education, etc that's most of the problem w/ government today ppl except the government to pay for everything which is us the tax payers not the government.
I would rather have the mumps latter in life than be born with autism.
muse

Kannapolis, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2013

Judged:

How is it that adults question treatment of themselves everyday but never hesitate to have their infants injected with toxins. That's insane to me. I've seen many people criticize flu shots claiming that they are more harm than good and elect not to have them. Adults have the ability to refuse flu shots and the government only recommends them. That's because they can't force adults to be vaccinated. On the other hand those same adults never think twice to have their children vaccinated. I have a friend with a toddler who did in fact contract whooping cough after a vaccine. I admire any parent who questions any treatment for their child.
Yis

Kingston, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2013

We needs moar POTATOE babies!!!
Armadillo

Milan, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2013

Judged:

Kid wrote:
<quoted text> I would rather have the mumps latter in life than be born with autism.
Perhaps you could get the mumps before you procreate.

Would help the gene pool.
Armadillo

Milan, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2013

Judged:

muse wrote:
How is it that adults question treatment of themselves everyday but never hesitate to have their infants injected with toxins. That's insane to me. I've seen many people criticize flu shots claiming that they are more harm than good and elect not to have them. Adults have the ability to refuse flu shots and the government only recommends them. That's because they can't force adults to be vaccinated. On the other hand those same adults never think twice to have their children vaccinated. I have a friend with a toddler who did in fact contract whooping cough after a vaccine. I admire any parent who questions any treatment for their child.
Your understanding of science is quite dismally inadequate.( your friend with toddler is anecdotal only and has no value as science.)
Armadillo

Milan, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2013

Judged:

Kid wrote:
<quoted text> I would rather have the mumps latter in life than be born with autism.
If you were born with autism then you cannot blame e vaccination.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2013

Judged:

public schooled wrote:
<quoted text> I know you have been brainwashed in public schools, because you believe everything the government tells you. Just keep thinking like they tell you to think and never ever spend one second thinking for yourself.
Atleast I went to school. Last time I checked, those vaccines cured a lot of major diseases. But keep telling me that vaccines are bad while you could have been born with polio without vaccination.
rhinn

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2013

Top Mod 8 wrote:
Should the state should mandate immunizations for your children? Do you feel they are safe for all children. Do they cause other health issues like autism? Should the state also pay for them as well if they are requiring them?
me

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Cleveland Forum right now

Search the Cleveland Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 50 min fear 140,798
Lebanon Secret Orgy Club 3 hr vox populi 3
??? leslie plumlee saddler????? (Aug '11) 10 hr Smh 4
UFO's spotted 13 hr milkyway 18
dr. joyce a. brown smyrna, tn (Jun '12) 23 hr Duke Nukem 11
Real estate Wed TopDollar 5
Why women let themselves go and become lazy (Apr '13) Wed Karellan 13
•••
•••
•••
•••

Cleveland Jobs

•••