TRW Automotive Workers Strike in Lebanon

TRW Automotive Workers Strike in Lebanon

There are 390 comments on the WZTV Top Stories story from Aug 26, 2013, titled TRW Automotive Workers Strike in Lebanon. In it, WZTV Top Stories reports that:

Stream our newscasts LIVE starting with TN Mornings at 5am and News at 9pm. LEBANON, Tenn.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WZTV Top Stories.

Since: Aug 13

Lebanon, TN

#41 Aug 29, 2013
lol... I'm not sure if you was referring as me making the post above but I honestly can't think of anyone else with the initials of "kp" at TRW... I didn't post it... I also don't expect you to believe me which is fine, but trust me... I've had plenty of chances on several different social media sites, etc.. to post my comments, but I haven't said anything. I have several friends on both sides of the issues going on, and I have enough respect for each of them to not say anything either way. Keep in mind it's my job on the line too, why would I jeopardize things even more by throwing gas on the fire???
What I wish

Lebanon, TN

#42 Aug 30, 2013
pimp wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you suck d!k because you are very good at it
While you were standing out there in the hot sun just smiling and waving is that the best you could come up with?
Funny

Lebanon, TN

#43 Aug 30, 2013
bill haslem wrote:
To tell the truth there are alot of supervisors and management that I really like and get along with , truth be known if they could walk with us.....I KNOW they would. Keep your friends close but your enemies closer. And for all you haters, we have way more support from the community than the company does so we must be doing something right. We just want a little of what was taken from us after all we did take 6.2 million a year concessions for 5 years which is over 30 million. It would be nice to just have decent healthcare our bcbst is $280 a week for family. If we could get it for 60-70 a week I would be thrilled Im happy with my hourly wages. John plant made 49 million in2010 in that economy which and the top 4 trw made 100 million which is half of the detroit deficit of 200 million. Think about it, who is robbing the people?? Not the uaw in lebanon tn.
The dollar amount changes every time I hear something about the concessions y'all took. Boo hoo, our health insurance cost $280 a week for family coverage....welcome to America! TRW is not the only place that has expensive healthcare coverage. In case you haven't noticed, there is a little thing called ObamaCare that is screwing us all.
Did you notice

Lebanon, TN

#44 Aug 30, 2013
This isn't relevant anymore. No one cares. The media has moved on to the next story.
Yet another TRW worker

Terre Haute, IN

#45 Aug 30, 2013
retired wrote:
<quoted text>
try 38k base salary. The other 17k is forced upon us .....isnt that right kp
Isnt it also true workers have been telling the plant manager in every meeting they want More time off?? But the company won't write it in the language "no forced overtime"' because they want to change the overtime premium then have the so called flexibility to force us every Saturday , Sunday and holidays...and yes folks even thanksgiving and Christmas day. By not putting the no forced overtime in there it would then allow them to force us on all those days for straight time pay.or no holiday.

I am from the Marshall plant that had volunteers leave Thursday to cross the picket line. Just want you to know we don't all feel the same way and we are rooting for the workers in TN. The people that left have no scruples & made comments they were going on vacation. TRW is spending more sending them than being fair to workers there. When they have shut out the last union that's when they will come for us and we have no one to stand up for us.
trw worker

Charlotte, NC

#46 Aug 30, 2013
Y they need all the guards
trw worker

Charlotte, NC

#47 Aug 30, 2013
Yet another TRW worker wrote:
<quoted text>.
I am from the Marshall plant that had volunteers leave Thursday to cross the picket line. Just want you to know we don't all feel the same way and we are rooting for the workers in TN. The people that left have no scruples & made comments they were going on vacation. TRW is spending more sending them than being fair to workers there. When they have shut out the last union that's when they will come for us and we have no one to stand up for us.
thank you buddy for not coming how many came from there

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#48 Aug 30, 2013
I can tell you right now after watching the WZTV FOX 17 news report the strikers are economical strikers and by Federal Law thanks to the Democrats and Bill Clinton the workers can be terminated and replaced by permanent replacement workers and that is what TRW is going to be doing.

http://www.fox17.com/newsroom/top_stories/vid...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#49 Aug 30, 2013
There are two broad categories of strikers.

"Economic strikers" are those employees who strike in order to obtain some economic concession from the employer such as higher wages, shorter hours, or improved working conditions. These strikers retain status as employees. The employer cannot discharge these strikers, but is able to replace them. If an employer has hired legitimate permanent replacements to fill the positions that the economic striker previously held at the time when the striker applies unconditionally to return to work, the striker is not entitled to be reinstated at that time. However, if the striker has not then obtained regular employment that is substantially equivalent to their previous position, the striker is entitled to be recalled to positions for which the striker is qualified once openings in such jobs occur. However, either the striker, or a bargaining representative acting on behalf of the striker, must have made an unconditional request for the reinstatement of the striker.

The second broad category of strikers is "unfair labor practice strikers" which are employees that strike in protest of their employer's unfair labor practice. The company may not discharge nor permanently replace these strikers. Once the strike ends, "unfair labor practice strikers", barring serious misconduct (such as engaging in a violent strike or a "wildcat" strike), are entitled to return to their positions with the employers regardless of whether or not the employer must first discharge the employees hired to replace the striker during the strike. Upon a finding by the National Labor Relations Board that an employer unlawfully denied reinstatement of either economic strikers or unfair labor practice strikers who have unconditionally requested reinstatement, the Board may grant such strikers an award of backpay starting from the time reinstatement should have taken place. An economic striker whose employer discharges the striker before hiring a replacement may be converted into an unfair labor practice striker.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/strikers
scab wife

Hohenwald, TN

#50 Aug 30, 2013
trw worker wrote:
Scabs can't do what we do
my husband is working as a.replacement worker...he is already training other workers on machines that he started working on two days ago...its not rocket science...union workers are easy to replace and there are TONS of people who need work ... you all are going to be striking for a lonnnnggggg time...months ...
nosweat

Lebanon, TN

#51 Aug 30, 2013
uaw strong wrote:
I have an idea who a couple of posters are... that being said kp. We work 7 days a week contract was wanting to cut overtime premium as well as holiday premiums. This plant is not auburn hills or Rogersville. We are a cnc machining plant with machines that will make you think twice about how smart you are. It's not a run off the mill assembly plant and there are a lot of tricks to running as well as maintaining them. For all of you coming to run them volunteer for housing and the bearinizer job or shaft bore. And keep a Talley on the number of machines wrecked. Then get back at me. As for those who think this economy is bad we have been working 7 days a week for 52 years and constant for the last three since the end of the down turn. If the economy is bad someone forgot to tell trw and Mike violin because all he has preached its how well the lebanon facilit has done as well as the numbers have continually increased since 2010 and are to continue through 2015 ( as far as they have projected). All we really want is some off what they took from us in 08' we want the same contract language and better health care. We make good money till you figure in 90 a week for health care that they told us an emergency room visit was $500, I just paid 1600 out of my own pocket f or an er trip. They have hired 300 + in the last 3 years 75% quit within a week, they will tell you it's not worth it. The others are constantly looking for a job . I can guarantee if you go there you will work be suprised .
Don't worry about insurance Obama has fixed that for you.
trw worker

Charlotte, NC

#52 Aug 30, 2013
scab wife wrote:
<quoted text>
my husband is working as a.replacement worker...he is already training other workers on machines that he started working on two days ago...its not rocket science...union workers are easy to replace and there are TONS of people who need work ... you all are going to be striking for a lonnnnggggg time...months ...
lol now that's funny
Funny

Lebanon, TN

#53 Aug 30, 2013
Yet another TRW worker wrote:
<quoted text>.
It sounds like they are the only ones with scruples if they are willing to cross the picket line.
Good Point

United States

#54 Aug 30, 2013
scab wife wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to agree.. not rocket science, when the temps learn the quirks and tricks they will be more productive. And if they aren't management can actually discipline them without fear of grievances or claims of racial prejudice. Could be the dawn of a bright future for the profitibility of the Lebanon plant.
Yet another TRW worker

Terre Haute, IN

#55 Aug 30, 2013
trw worker wrote:
Y they need all the guards
I suggest you stop them from crossing the line. The scruples they have they will turn tail and run.
Yet another TRW worker

Terre Haute, IN

#56 Aug 30, 2013
trw worker wrote:
<quoted text> thank you buddy for not coming how many came from there
. They wanted 40 but 20 went last I heard but They are still asking. Plant Manager said its the right thing to do. Lol
scab

Charlotte, NC

#57 Aug 30, 2013
Y'all can have this job half the plants machines are down we are getting no parts out
bvn

Rochester, NY

#58 Aug 30, 2013
wow
Goober

Lebanon, TN

#59 Aug 30, 2013
One question I don't understand is why would a union contract allow any temp workers.They have already used the union from past contracts to dissolve itself.Sad, that fat lady is already looking for the stage!
Gerald

Easley, SC

#60 Aug 30, 2013
Get back to work and Stop being crybabies!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cleveland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kane Kane McBrien BPR Compaints 27 min Nice 3
jay holland (Apr '17) 3 hr look like it 18
Red Clay Pickin' Barn (May '10) Sun Tammyb123 24
Kadie vaughn Sun Tpt 1
Teen 15 Sat Shocked 5
Bratton Bare Thompson BPR Complaints Sat Oooooooops 3
BPR Complaints SWORN: Kane, Kane, McBrien, Brat... Oct 14 R They Clean 3

Cleveland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance