TRW Automotive Workers Strike in Lebanon

TRW Automotive Workers Strike in Lebanon

There are 390 comments on the WZTV Top Stories story from Aug 26, 2013, titled TRW Automotive Workers Strike in Lebanon. In it, WZTV Top Stories reports that:

Stream our newscasts LIVE starting with TN Mornings at 5am and News at 9pm. LEBANON, Tenn.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WZTV Top Stories.

First Prev
of 20
Next Last
Another trw plant worker

Charleston, IL

#1 Aug 27, 2013
The strike is not going to stop Trw. I was called yesterday evening to go work in your plant. I chose not to. Trw will send in other non unoin workers to your plant to work. It happen in 2011 with Auburn, New York. It will happen to your plant to. If you don't come to an agreement. Then they will have the other plant workers stay until they hire people off the streets. The other plant workers will stay and train the new employees. Just like they did in Auburn, New York. Right now Auburn can not keep up with there shipments. So now we have 3 new topside machine line running Auburn stuff. I am sorry for your misfortune. Not all trw plants work that many hous. My plant it's all voluntary overtime. . Hardly ever do we get mandatoried. And never do we work 7 days a week. They will not let us. By law we have to have at least 1 day off a week. And we are not union. Our workers make more then any factory around our area. Like I said I am sorry for you misfortune. Hope things get resolved soon.
trw worker

Charlotte, NC

#2 Aug 27, 2013
Only suck asses would come an work from another plant move it we don't care its will cost them a lot of money either way
3rd party observer

Waterford, MI

#3 Aug 27, 2013
Looking at this situation I assume that TRW will hire more employeesanddo away with the union presence. Corporate doesn't care. They will easily root out the union presence hire new workers and have this plant non-unionized like otherTRW facilities. Plus this is the south and they will easily hire temp to hire pay them 10.00 an hour and say problem solved.
Straight

Oneida, TN

#4 Aug 27, 2013
Really I these times they really are striking?? D they take anything away? Did the cut your pay?? If not watch the jobs go over seas and no one to blame but yourself.
rwb

Van Wert, OH

#5 Aug 27, 2013
I had read that the workers took a lot of concessions back in 08. Here is a link to show how the company has grown since 08. Workers were not wanting to take additional concessions. Originally known as Ross Gear, the plant now is operated by TRW, a worldwide automotive parts supplier based in Livonia, Mich. The publicly traded company (NYSE: TRW) has 185 locations worldwide, and more than 60,000 employees and contractors. Last year, annual sales topped $16 billion. Look up CEO John C Plant. He ranked #15 of CEO compensation. http://ir.trw.com/stockquote.cfm
trw worker

Charlotte, NC

#6 Aug 27, 2013
Hire temps who cares we don't if we did we would be in there working .
rwb

Van Wert, OH

#7 Aug 27, 2013
trw worker wrote:
Hire temps who cares we don't if we did we would be in there working .
I seriously doubt you are a trw worker. This crap about being happy you have a job is just a way of the Republicans & nut right wing to make the worker feel guilty in trying to make the employer accountable to their employees. I remember a day when the employer cared about the employee and family and the employee cared about the employer. That has ended and it is hurting the country. What direction is the country going with the rich taking, just wanting to get richer off the back of the working class and take whatever dignity there is from the working class? The working class should just say 'yessir' take more please? At what point will the working class say, enough is enough? What will happen then?
Scab

Rock Hill, SC

#8 Aug 27, 2013
Where do you apply to work there?
Marty

Springfield, TN

#9 Aug 27, 2013
According to this article they went on strike last year in New York and TRW just hired replacement workers and over half of them never got their jobs back so its probably scary to some people.

Its tough out there right now in this economy. I know all kinds of people that are working 2 or even 3 minimum wage or low wage jobs just to live week to week.

Hell I know people that have college degrees that are working fast food and wal-mart while looking for work.
Marty

Springfield, TN

#10 Aug 27, 2013

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#11 Aug 28, 2013
Marty wrote:
According to this article they went on strike last year in New York and TRW just hired replacement workers and over half of them never got their jobs back so its probably scary to some people.
Its tough out there right now in this economy. I know all kinds of people that are working 2 or even 3 minimum wage or low wage jobs just to live week to week.
Hell I know people that have college degrees that are working fast food and wal-mart while looking for work.
the Unions can thank Democrat Bill Clinton for that one of the reclassification of Strikers into two groups as Unfair and Economical Strikers which now by law if an employer can prove the strikers are Economical Strikers they can be terminated and replaced by Permanent Replacement Workers which I seen it happen to several factories here in Indiana where the Union Strikers were terminated and replaced by Permanent Replacement Workers because it was proved they were Economical Strikers.
trw worker

Fayetteville, NC

#12 Aug 28, 2013
Going back to table at 2 today not even 3 days I think we got upper hand

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#13 Aug 28, 2013
trw worker wrote:
its cheaper to settle with the Union than it is to shut down an assembly plant.
What I wish

United States

#14 Aug 28, 2013
trw worker wrote:
Hope they replace every one of you.
trw worker

Fayetteville, NC

#15 Aug 28, 2013
Scabs can't do what we do
early times

Stambaugh, KY

#16 Aug 28, 2013
rwb wrote:
<quoted text>
I seriously doubt you are a trw worker. This crap about being happy you have a job is just a way of the Republicans & nut right wing to make the worker feel guilty in trying to make the employer accountable to their employees. I remember a day when the employer cared about the employee and family and the employee cared about the employer. That has ended and it is hurting the country. What direction is the country going with the rich taking, just wanting to get richer off the back of the working class and take whatever dignity there is from the working class? The working class should just say 'yessir' take more please? At what point will the working class say, enough is enough? What will happen then?
MCDONALDS MIGHT HIRE YOU,OR TACO BELL.UNDER odummie jobs are every where.
rwb

Van Wert, OH

#17 Aug 28, 2013
early times wrote:
<quoted text>MCDONALDS MIGHT HIRE YOU,OR TACO BELL.UNDER odummie jobs are every where.
I won't even go into McD's or Taco Bell to eat. I have a job, so don't need to go there. Sorry to disappoint. We also have very good health insurance.:)
Anonymous

Casey, IL

#18 Aug 28, 2013
First off i understand why everyone went on strike and i do think u deserve better. My husband works at a trw out of state and he is coming there to work. He is not a scab he is employee of trw and can work wherever is needed and trained to do so. He is coming there to work bc of one of the companies u nake parts for does not grt there parts they will pull out there contract not only there but at all trw's. so therefore my husband or others could lose his job at there trw. So he understands why everyone is on strike and doesnt blame them and agrees with him. He just wants to protect his job too.
Alright Then

Lebanon, TN

#19 Aug 28, 2013
Dont forget they currently make $18 -$22 per hr, 1.5x pay on saturdays and 2x pay on Sundays.

The union was offered and rejected:
1. A per hour pay raise for 4 out of 5 contract years.
2. A $150 yearly shoe allowance versus the $100 now.
3. A less strict absenteeism policy.
4. A $1,000 bonus for each employee.
5. The same medical plan their salaried employees have had for 3 years.

Sounded pretty good to me. Must not be that bad since there's people that's been there for more than 30 years. And a lot of people went back after they got laid off. If its such a bad place to work then why not quit?
ex trw employee

Kingsport, TN

#20 Aug 28, 2013
trw worker wrote:
Scabs can't do what we do
They took your assembly lines 5 years ago and all I heard was bs about how Rogersville would never be able to run it like Lebanon. Well, its still in rogersville and production has never been better. Id say scabs will do just fine, especially ones from Rog-Vegas.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 20
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cleveland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How does sex feel? good or bad? (Jul '10) 1 hr tiger_1987 56
good girl 5 hr tiger_1987 3
women 5 hr tiger_1987 5
late 30's early forties 5 hr tiger_1987 1
jessica bryant 14 hr batman 1
nawlins (Sep '12) 14 hr nignog 7
Debate: Gay Marriage - Cleveland, TN (Jul '10) Tue Ben Dover 73
More from around the web

Cleveland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE