Timbuk2

Jamestown, TN

#90295 Jul 25, 2013
Lt. Col. Kenneth Reyes is a Christian chaplain currently serving in the U.S. Air Force. He is stationed at Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson in Alaska. As an ordained clergyman whose duties are to provide religious instruction and spiritual counseling, he has a page on the base’s website called “Chaplain’s Corner.”

Reyes recently wrote an essay entitled,“No Atheists in Foxholes: Chaplains Gave All in World War II.” This common saying is attributed to a Catholic priest in World War II, made famous when President Dwight D. Eisenhower said during a 1954 speech: "I am delighted that our veterans are sponsoring a movement to increase our awareness of God in our daily lives. In battle, they learned a great truth that there are no atheists in the foxholes."

This pissed off the Military Religious Freedom Foundation (MRFF) and they contacted the base commander, Col. Brian Duffy, demanding he take action on Reyes’s “anti-secular diatribe.”
MRFF’s letter says that by Reyes’s “use of the bigoted, religious supremacist phrase,‘no atheists in foxholes,’ he defiles the dignity of service members.” They accuse him of violating military regulations.

Atheist is now a “bigoted, religious supremacist phrase”? What else do we call them? Nogodders?

Despite the fact that this looks like expression protected by the free speech and religious freedom provisions of the First Amendment, only five hours after MRFF’s complaint, the essay was removed from the website. Duffy has profusely apologized to MRFF for not stopping this religious leader from sharing religious thoughts.

MRFF was not satisfied. They said,“Faith based hate, is hate all the same,” and,“Lt. Col. Reyes must be appropriately punished.”

Appropriately punished? Will crucifixion suffice?

MRFF is activist Mikey Weinstein’s organization. He called observant Christians “fundamentalist monsters” seeking to impose a “reign of theocratic terror,” and he described sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ in the military as an act of “spiritual rape” that makes believers “enemies of the Constitution” who are committing an act of “sedition and treason” against this nation.

What do you say to someone like that? This guy needs to a rubber room.

The Obama-Hagel Defense Department and Air Force have met with Weinstein and MRFF over a period of four years and recently told Congress that there are no problems with suppressing religious speech in the military.

Unless it’s ISLAMIST speech that is. The it’s OK.

Why do liberals act like they have a bug up their ass?

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#90296 Jul 25, 2013
The old man has become unhinged. Hilarious. Post "COWARD" some more. That's a hoot. I can see spit flying from your lips as you shout it loudly in your musty, lonely old house as you type it each time. You come here for "company" because no one in "the real world" wants anything to do with you. You repeat the same lines over and over again, just like so many other old men do.

You are self-conscious about your advanced age and, even though you portray your life as being exclusive country clubs and vacations in Costa Rica, the reality is painfully more miserable and lonely and you constantly lament past decisions that have led you here, to a world with nothing but black words on a white screen, typed by strangers. You come here because, even though many people despise you, at least they acknowledge you.

The saddest part is the ridiculously fanciful and fictional persona you have created, which you laughably demand everyone believes and accepts as undeniable reality. You're a real piece of work, old man. Normally, I would feel sorry for you and pity you, but you're so arrogant and bitter that this pity is quickly replaced with disgust and disdain.

“IMNTBHO”

Since: Dec 10

Smyrna, TN

#90297 Jul 25, 2013
Tired wrote:
<quoted text>
So are you on disability, FMLA or what? You know the GOP hate that and will call you a wuss. Quit sucking the system alrealy... LOL
No actually I am living off my savings. I paid my bills in advance as soon as I found out I would be off work for an extended period. The medical insurance I pay for covers most of the medical expenses. FMLA does not kick in unless you are off for more than 30 days and I do not plan on being gone that long. It depends on the medicine and how long I will have to take it.

Something else Linda failed to say is that there is also a possibility of extended pain from shingles. Some have been known to last as much as two years. I do have a friend like this who is still on medication from her bout last year. Normally I don't have these problems for long periods.

But you see the kicker here is my profession. While the pain meds I chose to take are not narcotic, They still can cause drowsiness and dizziness. This is not good behind the wheel. I go back to the Doctor on the 13 and if released to drive will then have to go to a company doctor and be re-certified by them. So I may not be back to work til after the 15th. But I am a survivor and I work as much as needed to pay bills and catch back up.

Anything else you need to know?

Location hidden

#90298 Jul 25, 2013
The old man can not and will not accept that I am not close to his age, therefore I am more physically intimidating than he had previously assumed, so he repeats the false claim that I am a coward ad nauseum in order to defend his fragile ego. I smoke and drink moderately, but I eat healthy and exercise nearly every single day. Not to mention the fact that I'm a full generation younger than he is, thus his sudden and hilarious realization that his alpha maleness has disappeared quicker than a fart in a tornado.
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#90299 Jul 25, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Pathetic, simply pathetic. This is very sad situation that looks like it can never be cured. Total psychosis is prevalent here.
I believe you are about the 30th poster who has spoken of the loon's mental problems, Pete. We can't all be wrong.

Location hidden

#90300 Jul 25, 2013
Huh. Must be too much incoming for him.
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#90301 Jul 25, 2013
The Original Amused wrote:
The old man has become unhinged. Hilarious. Post "COWARD" some more. That's a hoot. I can see spit flying from your lips as you shout it loudly in your musty, lonely old house as you type it each time. You come here for "company" because no one in "the real world" wants anything to do with you. You repeat the same lines over and over again, just like so many other old men do.
You are self-conscious about your advanced age and, even though you portray your life as being exclusive country clubs and vacations in Costa Rica, the reality is painfully more miserable and lonely and you constantly lament past decisions that have led you here, to a world with nothing but black words on a white screen, typed by strangers. You come here because, even though many people despise you, at least they acknowledge you.
The saddest part is the ridiculously fanciful and fictional persona you have created, which you laughably demand everyone believes and accepts as undeniable reality. You're a real piece of work, old man. Normally, I would feel sorry for you and pity you, but you're so arrogant and bitter that this pity is quickly replaced with disgust and disdain.
It' difficult to hear you from behind the loon's skirt, COWARD. Why did you give he police department's telephone number when you were called out? the poster said he was expecting your number. How embarrassing old man..

Location hidden

#90302 Jul 25, 2013
BC Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes we do. I wish it was back like it used to be and people could carry on a conversation without all the name calling and insults but that is her life.
"The loon from Camden?" "COWARD?"

Um...
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#90303 Jul 25, 2013
The old man can not and will not accept that I am not close to his age, therefore I am more physically intimidating than he had previously assumed, so he repeats the false claim that I am a coward ad nauseum in order to defend his fragile ego. I smoke and drink moderately, but I eat healthy and exercise nearly every single day. Not to mention the fact that I'm a full generation younger than he is, thus his sudden and hilarious realization that his alpha maleness has disappeared quicker than a fart in a tornado.
Oh, it's no false claim, old man. You flinched when you were classified as 4-F and when you were called out and gave the police department number as your own. You allow lunatic women to defend you, yes, COWARD is appropriate. Get used to it, you will hear it often.
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#90304 Jul 25, 2013
Huh. Must be too much incoming for him.
Still here, COWARD. I don't see any incoming and you can't see it from behind the loon's very large dress.
Pete

Johnson City, TN

#90305 Jul 25, 2013
Vet wrote:
<quoted text>I believe you are about the 30th poster who has spoken of the loon's mental problems, Pete. We can't all be wrong.
We're not wrong Vet. The proof is on here everyday. The most pity I felt for her was when she posted this -

"LMAO! Paul, I think I do know you that well, too! Howya been, Ole Buddy. Heck, before you go, let's get together and get tee-totally chit-faced. You know anybody that could drive me home?"

No mother of sane mind would ever post something like this on a public forum risking any chance whatsoever their children or grandchildren would ever see it. Wonder what she would feel like if her own late mother would have seen it?

Now she thinks people are using voice changing devices to talk to her on the telephone. This is a downward spiraling roller coaster with only one inevitable end and it is pathetic to watch. I like discussing politics on here with the opposing parties, but her deranged posts inserted in between these discussions only degrade the enjoyment on here at times.
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#90306 Jul 25, 2013
<quoted text>
Um...
Truth in advertising, old man. COWARD is spot on as is the loon from Camden who is defending you. How embarrassing.
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#90307 Jul 25, 2013
<quoted text>
Um...
Stop whining old man. It's embarrassing enough to be a COWARD.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#90308 Jul 25, 2013
NTMD8OR wrote:
<quoted text>No actually I am living off my savings. I paid my bills in advance as soon as I found out I would be off work for an extended period. The medical insurance I pay for covers most of the medical expenses. FMLA does not kick in unless you are off for more than 30 days and I do not plan on being gone that long. It depends on the medicine and how long I will have to take it.
Something else Linda failed to say is that there is also a possibility of extended pain from shingles. Some have been known to last as much as two years. I do have a friend like this who is still on medication from her bout last year. Normally I don't have these problems for long periods.
But you see the kicker here is my profession. While the pain meds I chose to take are not narcotic, They still can cause drowsiness and dizziness. This is not good behind the wheel. I go back to the Doctor on the 13 and if released to drive will then have to go to a company doctor and be re-certified by them. So I may not be back to work til after the 15th. But I am a survivor and I work as much as needed to pay bills and catch back up.
Anything else you need to know?
Hi there, NTMD80R. I appreciate the follow-up, my friend. I have much respect for your ideas in these areas. You know we wish you and your family the very best. I trust you will remain assured your friendship is valued. Take care, Tks.
here now

Johnson City, TN

#90309 Jul 25, 2013
You seem very fixated on his opinion. You type here about your real life, yet every time I check in here you are. If you are so sure of yourself you could just ignore the posts. Stomping your feet insisting you are not a coward is not becoming which you will learn with age. Go have a cigarette and a shot of tequila so you can calm down. I think Vet's ego is healthy enough that your pounding the keyboard in outrage does nothing to him.(except make him laugh)

Location hidden

#90310 Jul 25, 2013
Vet wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, it's no false claim, old man. You flinched when you were classified as 4-F and when you were called out and gave the police department number as your own. You allow lunatic women to defend you, yes, COWARD is appropriate. Get used to it, you will hear it often.
I'm roughly 25 years younger than you.

How does one "flinch" on a forum board comprised of nothing more than words on a screen?

I thought 4-F meant unacceptable for military service in general, not just during the draft. I have explained this a thousand times, but you refuse to understand it, because that would damage your fragile sense of masculinity.

How does one "call out" another on a simple forum board. What is this, "The Outsiders," Ponyboy?

I have never given anyone any phone number or address on this forum.

I don't seek to prohibit anyone's right to post on a silly Internet forum, just like I don't try to have TV shows that I don't enjoy banned so that no one can enjoy them. How is it cowardly to allow someone else to speak? Is that how you treat women? Make them shut up or you're not a real man? Pop that jaw and she'll shut that mouth, right, old man? If you don't hit a woman and keep her in your place, you're a coward, right, old man? Did you watch your old man beat your mother? Is that where you learned this sort of behavior, old man? Things are different now in the age of color TV and flying machines.
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#90311 Jul 25, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
We're not wrong Vet. The proof is on here everyday. The most pity I felt for her was when she posted this -
"LMAO! Paul, I think I do know you that well, too! Howya been, Ole Buddy. Heck, before you go, let's get together and get tee-totally chit-faced. You know anybody that could drive me home?"
No mother of sane mind would ever post something like this on a public forum risking any chance whatsoever their children or grandchildren would ever see it. Wonder what she would feel like if her own late mother would have seen it?
Now she thinks people are using voice changing devices to talk to her on the telephone. This is a downward spiraling roller coaster with only one inevitable end and it is pathetic to watch. I like discussing politics on here with the opposing parties, but her deranged posts inserted in between these discussions only degrade the enjoyment on here at times.
What's truly sad is that dozens of posters have tried to help the poor thing but all have given up on her. She will never understand that what she accuses everyone of is exactly what she is doing. My brother is a Psychologist and he said he sees this every day where an older women who is alone develops this behavior as a defense mechanism to protect herself from her imagined demons. We all have our demons but most learn to deal with them. She never has and probably never will til she gets help of they carry her off to the farm.
Pete

Johnson City, TN

#90312 Jul 25, 2013
NTMD8OR wrote:
<quoted text>Well Vet, I have been avoiding posting this on this forum but what the heck. On July 9 my ex sister-in-law and I held my ex wife's hands as she took her last breath. She finally succumbed to 3 forms of Cancer and a hole in her heart. On July 12 we buried her. Then on July 14 I came down with Shingles and the medication they have me on does not allow for driving for about another 2-3 weeks(can cause dizziness and drowsiness). And it does, believe me. So I have been spending most of my time in exile in my own room because I want to limit the infection of other areas of the house for the the great-grandkids when they come over, as none of them have had Chicken Pox yet.
IOW Vet. I am in my room, which also explains my recent increase in posts. LOL
Now, I am sure there will be a flaming coming from Linda and her cohorts about this post.
Sorry to hear about your ills NT. I hope you have a speedy recovery. I must have missed this post and didn't see it until OW responded or I would have responded sooner. I apologize for my tardiness. Hang in there and keep your spirits up.
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#90313 Jul 25, 2013
<quoted text>
I'm roughly 25 years younger than you.
How does one "flinch" on a forum board comprised of nothing more than words on a screen?
I thought 4-F meant unacceptable for military service in general, not just during the draft. I have explained this a thousand times, but you refuse to understand it, because that would damage your fragile sense of masculinity.
How does one "call out" another on a simple forum board. What is this, "The Outsiders," Ponyboy?
I have never given anyone any phone number or address on this forum.
I don't seek to prohibit anyone's right to post on a silly Internet forum, just like I don't try to have TV shows that I don't enjoy banned so that no one can enjoy them. How is it cowardly to allow someone else to speak? Is that how you treat women? Make them shut up or you're not a real man? Pop that jaw and she'll shut that mouth, right, old man? If you don't hit a woman and keep her in your place, you're a coward, right, old man? Did you watch your old man beat your mother? Is that where you learned this sort of behavior, old man? Things are different now in the age of color TV and flying machines.
Does your wife have to defend you old man? You have been busted for lying and you have no credibility. You allow a woman to defend you and you allow yourself to be called a COWARD. You have no clue to my age but you gave away yours, old man.

Location hidden

#90314 Jul 25, 2013
here now wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem very fixated on his opinion. You type here about your real life, yet every time I check in here you are. If you are so sure of yourself you could just ignore the posts. Stomping your feet insisting you are not a coward is not becoming which you will learn with age. Go have a cigarette and a shot of tequila so you can calm down. I think Vet's ego is healthy enough that your pounding the keyboard in outrage does nothing to him.(except make him laugh)
The guy that types in ALL CAPS is rational and calm, but the guy chuckling at his hissy fits is the one who needs to calm down? I could scold the old man as a "coward" for allowing some woman to defend him, but...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cleveland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 2 hr qwerty 9,479
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 3 hr TheRealZeke 8,648
Judge Byrd reprimanded in Wilson County case (Feb '08) 6 hr Amy Adams 149
Why women let themselves go and become lazy (Apr '13) 19 hr no fatties 4 me 15
Sales tax vote breakdown not released 21 hr Penny 3
calhoun mayor Sep 28 standupforright 19
Melisha Gibson (Mar '10) Sep 28 renee 47
Cleveland Dating
Find my Match

Cleveland Jobs

Cleveland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Cleveland News, Events & Info