Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#77569 Apr 29, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Part of the 1%? No, but not too shabby when you consider that the average American family with TWO people working makes around 50K. So this doctor makes 3 to 4 times what TWO incomes provide for a family.
Everyone wants a doctor to be well compensated for his or her education and competence, but you make it sound like an "average family practioner" is on the bread line. In this economy. 150-200k is a pretty substantial salary.
Then this "only about 30 million people did not have insurance" ONLY 30 million. Naturally, that doesn't matter to you right ? You aren't one of those 30 million. Let me clue ya, when a person is laid off, they no longer have insurance, and we have a LOT of unemployed Americans. That just might explain the increase in that 30 million number don't you think ? Or don't you do that ?
yeah and who is responsible for the layoffs. Wait ----I know George Bush-----Ouweeeeeeeeee. All you are worried about is that someone who took 25 years of their life to study in order to become a DR. and is making more money than you or the average person who usually has no further eduction than that of high school. That is the problem with the dem/lib wits movement. We need everybody to be equal. Then get out and work for it and if you need more get out and get an education.
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#77570 Apr 29, 2013
To Sassy:

I had inadvertantly accused Dunlapian of something he did not do. My appologies to you and him. It was overtaxed who was crying.

My post was on page 3511 middle of page starting out with "Give me a break--"

His response was on 3512 close to the top of the page.

No I was not crying about being called stupid. I have been called a lot worse..
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#77571 Apr 29, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>No, you are wrong again!
Yes, I went back and looked it up,,, I apologize to you..,,,
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#77572 Apr 29, 2013
Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah and who is responsible for the layoffs. Wait ----I know George Bush-----Ouweeeeeeeeee. All you are worried about is that someone who took 25 years of their life to study in order to become a DR. and is making more money than you or the average person who usually has no further eduction than that of high school. That is the problem with the dem/lib wits movement. We need everybody to be equal. Then get out and work for it and if you need more get out and get an education.
Everyone who subscribed to "free trade" and globalization, along with American consumers who are the consumers of cheap Chinese junk imports, are responsible for the layoffs. SOOOO that includes members of both parties.
BTW, I wouldn't trust a person who took 25 years to become a doctor. And, for the record, you have no earthly idea how much I make a year, nor is that any of your business.
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#77573 Apr 29, 2013
observation wrote:
<quoted text>
Has it ever occurred to you that others wonder about your IQ? Your last sentence rings a bell though. We had a previous poster who was quite nasty against liberals and guess what was at the end of their post, "is that all you got". Coincidence? Somehow I don't think so. When handles are constantly changed, it's hard to see who is who, however the sentence structure and especially the phrases can pop up. Are you going to deny that poster is you?
I don't change my handle. I want you to know it is ME
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#77574 Apr 29, 2013
Honestly wrote:
To Sassy:
I had inadvertantly accused Dunlapian of something he did not do. My appologies to you and him. It was overtaxed who was crying.
My post was on page 3511 middle of page starting out with "Give me a break--"
His response was on 3512 close to the top of the page.
No I was not crying about being called stupid. I have been called a lot worse..
You called me "supid" !
You may have been called worse, but not by me.
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#77575 Apr 29, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, Honestly I did understand the object of your post and my reply was that the Drs. would have to hire more NP's, clerks, office space ect.
What I did not add but maybe I should of added was this would also help out with the unemployment, more money flowing in our economy which would help every business.
Now your issue with the Union and who I worked for is so far out......it's not even in the ballpark.
Been on both sides of the Union, I Understand how they work. Yes, the Dr. probably could increase hi/her staff, hire nurse practitioners to help. Liability would go though the roof, the gov is paying less... Why go through the stress. Just like a manufacturing company. Why should I increase my employees when I don't know what is coming down the road. That is a little reckless to me
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#77576 Apr 29, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, Honestly I did understand the object of your post and my reply was that the Drs. would have to hire more NP's, clerks, office space ect.
What I did not add but maybe I should of added was this would also help out with the unemployment, more money flowing in our economy which would help every business.
Now your issue with the Union and who I worked for is so far out......it's not even in the ballpark.
"Yes, Honestly I did understand the object of your post and my reply was that the Drs. would have to hire more NP's, clerks, office space ect. " An have the gov. pay them less for seeing the sick... I bet they will not do it. What do you think.
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#77577 Apr 29, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>If this were a game of Chess, that would be "Checkmate".
do yu play chess?

Since: Feb 13

Guild

#77578 Apr 29, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> And all this happened since 2006 right ?
I guess we shouldn't help kids go to college, after all, they can all get one of those good jobs at McDonalds, or maybe Wal-mart where they make enough to qualify for food stamps and need government subsidized healthcare. Yes sir...that's the ticket to a middle class life ! Then there will be more of those folks "conservatives" can gripe about whenever the Federal Budget is mentioned.
Let's see, "conservatives" hate welfare, the social safety net, unions which drive up wages, minimum wage raises, and now government subsidized student loans which might just keep kids from needing any of those ! Priceless !
How about the younglings WORK through college? Yes, it sucks, yes - it's difficult, yes - it takes longer, but...they get an education borne by their own hand AND come out the other end without debt.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#77579 Apr 29, 2013
Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I went back and looked it up,,, I apologize to you..,,,
Well thank-you very much for stepping up to the plate, and I accept.
Honestly, I know we all make mistakes, myself included, we are all human and that is the way God made us........but even God is still improving on us.
No one on this Forum is correct all of the time, but one thing we all are, all of the time, is the fact that we are all Americans.
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#77580 Apr 29, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> No, it was Nixon. You don't know your history very well.
Are you sure you don't want to rethink that comment about arms for Iran ?
BTW, I don't consider the ability for a poor person to access the healthcare system or have food to eat to be "trinkets" but if they are, there are plenty of Republicans I know, who need those trinkets just as much as the Dems do..
Yes, you were right! and Yes it is a shame that the people of the US think more about poor countries abroad that here. BUT wait,, Maybe it is because the very poor here don't want any real help. A few years ago, I and others help secure a nice home for a family. Within a year, the home was almost dilapidated, the yard was a mess with old rusty vehicles, etc. My point is you can lead some people out of poverty but you cannot take poverty out of them in most cases. They know no better and are completely comfortable with (example)'cats walking across the breakfast dishes'. For the people who want to be helped , get educated to where they can pull themselves from the pool of the poor and be a productive part of society. You and your bunch of dem/lib wits on the other hand want to give them everything thus you just simply keep kicking them back in that pool. Yeah, I had rather be on my side.
Scarlett Pimple

Jamestown, TN

#77581 Apr 29, 2013
Sheila Jackson Lee, one of the DUMBEST creatures to ever haunt the halls of congress, took a $24K around the world trip at taxpayer’s expense.

“The House Committee on the Judiciary reported Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas) traveled around the world on an official trip in February that cost $23,646. The February 16-22 trip on commercial flights was to Korea, Vietnam and Cambodia.

Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee did not travel over or back with CODEL Landrieu that included several members of the Congressional Coalition on Adoption. The delegation was to meet with local community leaders, adoption officials, and other government officials, such as the Vietnamese Ministry of Justice and the Ministry of Labor, Invalids and Social Affairs.

Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee took commercial flights over and caught up with the delegation in Seoul, South Korea. After visiting South Korea, Vietnam and Cambodia she then left the delegation early for her return commercial fight through Frankfurt Germany.

The trip costs included $19,970 for transportation,$1,292 for per diem, and $2,385 for other purposes.”

I’m movin on up!
To the east side,
I finally got a
piece of the pie.

Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#77582 Apr 29, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Yes ! Be a "job creator" ! Hire yoiurself a secretary to post on Topix for you. She will stay just long enough to realize that you consider her little more than dirt under your feet.
Ah---Yea, stabboth me to the heart.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#77583 Apr 29, 2013
Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
"Yes, Honestly I did understand the object of your post and my reply was that the Drs. would have to hire more NP's, clerks, office space ect. " An have the gov. pay them less for seeing the sick... I bet they will not do it. What do you think.
Well let's wait until the dust settles because right now it's a very fluid situation.
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#77584 Apr 29, 2013
hey fat boy wrote:
<quoted text>
Hippies? Just how old are you? Den/lib wits? What the h ll is that? I can picture you now, old shriveled up repub, bent over your Radio Shack computer, dribbling cold coffee down your chin. Do you ever pick up your duck-head cane and bang it on your old rolltop yelling "Martha, those damn hippie libs are making me mad again. If they don't stop I'm gonna get my muzzle loader and blow their heads off!". Your posts are damn funny. Let's call you repubfarts, okay? Game on!
Hey fat boy---DOn't you think there are hippies anymore????? where do you think the liberals come from. Free love, free food, free anything??????? Go to Colorado now and you will see Hippies still smoking pot, talking trash and not doing much else. HO-Hum
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#77585 Apr 29, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Very good point........and less time starting wars over non existent WMD's, spilling American blood, paying for bombs with our nations credit card, ect., ect..
We keep bringing up the lies of the past,,, WMDs COngress and Senate voted to invade because of WMDs. The Intel officers were handpicked by BILL C. He shut everything else down.

Come on,,, Let me help yo get out of a rut.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#77586 Apr 29, 2013
Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>do yu play chess?
A very long time ago I did, but today things just seem to go by so fast. I know I should but to me there just are not enough minutes in the day, and I know for the most part that is the same excuse others have.

Since: Feb 13

Guild

#77587 Apr 29, 2013
“It matters who governs.” That was the mantra of the Tennessee House Republicans before we achieved a majority and we were asking Tennesseans to place their trust in us. We pledged that if given the monumental task of governing, we would implement reforms that taxpayers deserved and demanded. We promised to make government more efficient, to streamline our operations, and to continually strive to make improvements to the overall legislative process.

Tennessee is one of the most fiscally conservative states in the nation, with low taxes, very little debt, and a balanced budget every year. Because of that, our state has done an excellent job of attracting new businesses and inspiring local entrepreneurs. This year, we built on those good policies by reforming Tennessee’s workers’ compensation laws to ensure the system is fairer, more efficient, and provides better outcomes for both employers and employees.

When Governor Haslam and lawmakers met with small business owners all across the state prior to this year’s legislative session, they were in agreement that the top issue was Tennessee’s worker’s compensation system. Workers’ Compensation is an insurance program, adopted in Tennessee in 1919, that compensates employees for injuries they suffer on the job. Employers are required to carry workers’ compensation insurance to cover the costs of medical expenses and lost wages of employees when they suffer work-related injuries. There is no question, the workers’ compensation system itself is something our state needs and will always have in case a worker is injured on the job.

Recently, however, both employers and employees have discovered numerous problems with current workers’ compensation laws. Indeed, the current process for determining benefits is cumbersome for determining injury benefits, unpredictable and time-consuming, and employees are often unable to receive benefits and return to work in a timely manner. In addition, workers’ compensation rates for employers in Tennessee are higher than the national average and higher than all eight of our bordering states.

With these issues in mind, Tennessee Republicans committed to creating a workers’ compensation system that provides protection and faster service for employees, while creating a more fair and predictable environment in which to conduct business and create jobs. The Workers’ Compensation Reform Act of 2013 will give all Tennessean’s a more fair and streamlined system of reconciling workers’ compensation claims.

Under the new system, workers will see a reduction in the time it takes to receive permanent benefits and will also experience an improvement in medical treatment. The process for resolving disputes will be quicker, allowing injured workers to receive compensation and return to work sooner so they can continue to earn a paycheck and provide for their families. In addition, injured workers will have the services of an ombudsman whose role is to answer questions, explain the workers’ compensation process, and help employees complete paperwork.

On top of the improved benefits for employees, employers will also see a system that aids in creating an environment where businesses can grow and thrive. By making our workers’ compensation system more fair and efficient, Tennessee will continue on its path of becoming the number one state in the Southeast for high-quality jobs.

Your Tennessee General Assembly is committed to crafting a fiscally responsible, balanced budget, streamlining government, cutting taxes, and reforming the overall governmental process. This year, we are building on our prior successes by spearheading efforts like the Workers’ Compensation Reform Act to make Tennessee an even better place to live, work, and raise a family.

Rep. Kevin Brooks serves the 24th Legislative District in Cleveland, Tn
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#77588 Apr 29, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> And all this happened since 2006 right ?
I guess we shouldn't help kids go to college, after all, they can all get one of those good jobs at McDonalds, or maybe Wal-mart where they make enough to qualify for food stamps and need government subsidized healthcare. Yes sir...that's the ticket to a middle class life ! Then there will be more of those folks "conservatives" can gripe about whenever the Federal Budget is mentioned.
Let's see, "conservatives" hate welfare, the social safety net, unions which drive up wages, minimum wage raises, and now government subsidized student loans which might just keep kids from needing any of those ! Priceless !
Here we go again."I guess we shouldn't help kids go to college," NOT FOR FREE! "Let's see, "conservatives" hate welfare".... No limit it with provisions that education and betterment of one self goes with it. Of course for those who simply cannot- we will by all means take care of them (called compassion),"the social safety net"....what is this, welfare for the unemployed), "unions which drive up wages"....NO they run business out of business. Higher wages, benefits, retirement packages regardless of whether the business can afford it.--Happens in cities as well (see California) "Minimum wage raises"...... When you raise minimum wages again you hurt the business. What most people complain about is the pay difference. If you raise minimum wage then the employer will almost assuredly have to raise every ones wage the same amount. Thus,the minimum wage workers will never catch up.(in most cases)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cleveland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Adam Parrish barely scrapes by keeping his job 11 hr Little red riding... 3
Find this person 12 hr Ted 8
david wayne comer (May '12) Tue xainix 4
Corey Davis Oct 19 curious 1
Pastor Hank Davis Oct 17 Michael 1
Kedar Thor Brewer - Local PREDATOR Advisory! Oct 17 Oreo 2
Needing a little info on this man Oct 16 needing help 1
Cleveland Dating
Find my Match

Cleveland Jobs