Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

LOL Of The Week: Scott Walker Keeps Blaming Workers

March 31st, 2013 2:19 pm @LOLGOP

If you want to know how much worse our economic recovery could be, check out Scott Walker’s austerity-rocked Wisconsin — which has gone from 11th in job creation to 44th in just two years.

Walker stormed into office in 2011 on the crest of a Tea Party wave and immediately added $117.2 million to the budget deficit with a series of tax cuts that did nothing to spur job creation. He “paid” for these cuts in part with an attack on public workers that he failed to mention in his campaign that he was going to pursue.

The governor and his Republican majorities cut workers’ salaries by about eight percent across the board, eliminated collective-bargaining rights and essentially tied any future wage increases to the rate of inflation.

The growing budget deficit Walker inherited was mostly the result of the financial crisis. Investors enabled by conservative politicians had collaborated to create the worst economic crash since the last time investors and conservative politicians had crashed the economy.

But who was Walker going to make pay for this downturn? Teachers — and other state and local workers — because they still had decent jobs, unlike the millions who lost their livelihoods thanks to Wall Street.

Where did Walker get the idea to go after workers? It was a well-concealed fact in the run-up to the 2010 election — as Republicans were still trying to pretend their goal was to “protect” Medicare — that the Tea Party was a sleeper cell for some of the nation’s most powerful anti-tax, pro-corporate billionaires who had been trying to trigger a “non-partisan” populist movement for decades to destroy the one thing standing in the way of completely privatizing the American government — unions.

Walker saw himself as a new Ronald Reagan — who had led the assault on public workers when he fired all of America’s air traffic controllers during his first year in office. We know this because Walker made the comparison himself when he was crank-called by someone posing as billionaire David Koch.

The state erupted, triggering recalls, including one of Walker himself. Walker won — thanks to voters rejecting the idea of a recall and Walker’s right-wing allies outspending Democrats and labor by an 8-1 margin.

So Wisconsin still has Scott Walker and Wisconsin has fallen to 44th in job creation.

Why? Let’s ask the governor.

Look at the State House in Nashville today and what republicans are doing to children in School...

Since: Feb 13

Guild

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

When Obama was inaugurated on Jan. 20, 2009, the total debt of the federal government was $10,626,877,048,913.08.

As of the close of business on March 28, 2013, the total debt of the federal government was $16,766,988,432,792.62—an increase of $6,140,111,383,879.54 since Obama took office.

Guild

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Immigration from Mexico...both legal and illegal; the gift that keeps on giving.

"...CHICAGO (AP)— Mexican drug cartels whose operatives once rarely ventured beyond the U.S. border are dispatching some of their most trusted agents to live and work deep inside the United States — an emboldened presence that experts believe is meant to tighten their grip on the world's most lucrative narcotics market and maximize profits...."
WILLARD

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Is there more than one God in your opinion ?
On second thought....the God I have a personal relationship with doesn't even resemble the one you "preach" about....
Yes, there are hundreds of different "gods" (false idols)being worshipped in the world today.

To be brief, the only true God of eternity past and future has been merciful in helping us understand that "HE" is God sovereign, but that the "god" of "this world" is Satan himself. NOTE:(god)- spelled with a "little" (g).

2nd Corinthians 4:4
"In whom the (god) of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest (otherwise) the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them."

OTHER VERSES REVEALING THE AUTHORITY AND POWER OF SATAN, ONCE GOD'S CHIEF AND MOST POWERFULLY CREATED BEING.

"And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it."
Luke 4:5-6, KJV

"Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:"
Ephesians 2:2, KJV

"How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer,(SATAN) son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High."
Isaiah 14:12-14, KJV

"And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven."
Luke 10:18, KJV

"And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads. And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth ... And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon;(SATAN) and the dragon fought and his angels, And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night."
Revelation 12:3-4a, 7-10, KJV

I hope the God you worship is the only true God of the true bible, irrespective of what I think about anything. It will never matter what I believe in your circumstance, the word of God makes this searingly clear:

Phillipeans 2:12

"Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence,(work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.)"
Tired

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee you sound so very intelligent I feel bad that I'm going to refrain from taking your unsolicited advice about how to lead my life. However, allow me to give you some advice you may use during the remaining years of your life. Before you attempt to tell anyone what they should do or how they should think you need to educate yourself in as many areas of life as possible. Your thoughts are random and ignorant, your grammar is at a 4 th grade level and your use of punctuation is at a level lower than most children learning to write for the first time.
So while I thank you for your butchered thoughts of life I'll decline for now because you are to ignorant not to ignore.
That's all...
"I'll decline for now because you are to ignorant not to ignore." You should have used the word "too" not "to."

And the ellipsis (...) you used after stating, "that's all" makes no sense in that it is supposed to imply an incomplete thought.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Tired wrote:
<quoted text>
"I'll decline for now because you are to ignorant not to ignore." You should have used the word "too" not "to."
And the ellipsis (...) you used after stating, "that's all" makes no sense in that it is supposed to imply an incomplete thought.
Frankly, I despise self-appointed spelling police. I have never pointed out someone else's spelling infractions unless they were doing what you're doing here, being a chicken-sh/t public nuisance!

Besides, everyone knows exactly who you are anyway! Changing your moniker doesn't change your addiction to this petty act of intended control over others..you have NONE! You also have no class!

This is topix, no-one that I know of spell-checks...I don't! Grow up!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Tired wrote:
<quoted text>"I'll decline for now because you are to ignorant not to ignore." You should have used the word "too" not "to."

<<yawning>>

Who cares...

That's all...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
<<yawning>>
Who cares...
That's all...
Guess who's lonely?-:)
Tired

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

ORIGINAL WILLARD wrote:
<quoted text>
Frankly, I despise self-appointed spelling police. I have never pointed out someone else's spelling infractions unless they were doing what you're doing here, being a chicken-sh/t public nuisance!
Besides, everyone knows exactly who you are anyway! Changing your moniker doesn't change your addiction to this petty act of intended control over others..you have NONE! You also have no class!
This is topix, no-one that I know of spell-checks...I don't! Grow up!
I whole heartedly agree that I despise a self appointed spelling police. That is why I thought I'd give Really Sassy a dose of his or her own medicine. She was afterall, mocking someone else's grammar and punctuation. Did you fail to see that?
I don't know who you think I am, but I'd be happy to clear this matter up for you. My name is Brooke, I'm 33, I live in Algood, work in Carthage, and occasionally, I use my iPhone to post on Topix when I can't sleep or get bored. So, how do we know each other? The only Willard I know, died when I was 11.
Unreal

Dandridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

ORIGINAL WILLARD wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess who's lonely?-:)
Sounds like you...
Unreal

Dandridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Tired wrote:
<quoted text>
I whole heartedly agree that I despise a self appointed spelling police. That is why I thought I'd give Really Sassy a dose of his or her own medicine. She was afterall, mocking someone else's grammar and punctuation. Did you fail to see that?
I don't know who you think I am, but I'd be happy to clear this matter up for you. My name is Brooke, I'm 33, I live in Algood, work in Carthage, and occasionally, I use my iPhone to post on Topix when I can't sleep or get bored. So, how do we know each other? The only Willard I know, died when I was 11.
That sounds like the same one... LOL :)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Tired wrote:
<quoted text>
If you might accept sincere apologies for my apparent mistake, I would be grateful. I do know that constantly being accused of being "someone else" is every bit as wearisome as the habitual spelling poice. We have plenty of both on this thread. Please also know I regret meeting a poster who's new to me on a negative note. My apology is yours.
Tired

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

ORIGINAL WILLARD wrote:
<quoted text>
If you might accept sincere apologies for my apparent mistake, I would be grateful. I do know that constantly being accused of being "someone else" is every bit as wearisome as the habitual spelling poice. We have plenty of both on this thread. Please also know I regret meeting a poster who's new to me on a negative note. My apology is yours.
Thank you, I accept your apology. Please know that I could care less about other's grammar, I was being sarcastic, which is an equally poor trait that I must own.

“IMNTBHO”

Since: Dec 10

Smyrna, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is "folks"? Again you aren't on a stage and you are not a crowd pleaser contrary to what your feeble mind thinks.
Must be a Progrrssive Liberal thing. Telling others what and what noy to read.

“IMNTBHO”

Since: Dec 10

Smyrna, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

not*

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Democrat wrote:
LOL Of The Week: Scott Walker Keeps Blaming Workers
March 31st, 2013 2:19 pm @LOLGOP
If you want to know how much worse our economic recovery could be, check out Scott Walker’s austerity-rocked Wisconsin — which has gone from 11th in job creation to 44th in just two years.
Walker stormed into office in 2011 on the crest of a Tea Party wave and immediately added $117.2 million to the budget deficit with a series of tax cuts that did nothing to spur job creation. He “paid” for these cuts in part with an attack on public workers that he failed to mention in his campaign that he was going to pursue.
The governor and his Republican majorities cut workers’ salaries by about eight percent across the board, eliminated collective-bargaining rights and essentially tied any future wage increases to the rate of inflation.
The growing budget deficit Walker inherited was mostly the result of the financial crisis. Investors enabled by conservative politicians had collaborated to create the worst economic crash since the last time investors and conservative politicians had crashed the economy.
But who was Walker going to make pay for this downturn? Teachers — and other state and local workers — because they still had decent jobs, unlike the millions who lost their livelihoods thanks to Wall Street.
Where did Walker get the idea to go after workers? It was a well-concealed fact in the run-up to the 2010 election — as Republicans were still trying to pretend their goal was to “protect” Medicare — that the Tea Party was a sleeper cell for some of the nation’s most powerful anti-tax, pro-corporate billionaires who had been trying to trigger a “non-partisan” populist movement for decades to destroy the one thing standing in the way of completely privatizing the American government — unions.
Walker saw himself as a new Ronald Reagan — who had led the assault on public workers when he fired all of America’s air traffic controllers during his first year in office. We know this because Walker made the comparison himself when he was crank-called by someone posing as billionaire David Koch.
The state erupted, triggering recalls, including one of Walker himself. Walker won — thanks to voters rejecting the idea of a recall and Walker’s right-wing allies outspending Democrats and labor by an 8-1 margin.
So Wisconsin still has Scott Walker and Wisconsin has fallen to 44th in job creation.
Why? Let’s ask the governor.
Look at the State House in Nashville today and what republicans are doing to children in School...
This type of thing is what Republicans are all about! It happens every time they get elected into Office!

Electing a TEApublican -Majority U.S. house of Representatives and a TEApublican-Majority Congress and Governor in this State, was a HUGE Mistake, on the part of the Voters!

They have been known my entire Life as the Party of the Wealthy and BIG Business...not "Business", but "BIG" Business!
Unreal

Dandridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

WILLARD wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, there are hundreds of different "gods" (false idols)being worshipped in the world today.
To be brief, the only true God of eternity past and future has been merciful in helping us understand that "HE" is God sovereign, but that the "god" of "this world" is Satan himself. NOTE:(god)- spelled with a "little" (g).
2nd Corinthians 4:4
"In whom the (god) of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest (otherwise) the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them."
OTHER VERSES REVEALING THE AUTHORITY AND POWER OF SATAN, ONCE GOD'S CHIEF AND MOST POWERFULLY CREATED BEING.
"And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it."
Luke 4:5-6, KJV
"Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:"
Ephesians 2:2, KJV
"How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer,(SATAN) son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High."
Isaiah 14:12-14, KJV
"And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven."
Luke 10:18, KJV
"And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads. And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth ... And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon;(SATAN) and the dragon fought and his angels, And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night."
Revelation 12:3-4a, 7-10, KJV
I hope the God you worship is the only true God of the true bible, irrespective of what I think about anything. It will never matter what I believe in your circumstance, the word of God makes this searingly clear:
Phillipeans 2:12
"Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence,(work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.)"
You're pathetic!
Unreal

Dandridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Watch old Willard judge - what an insecure loser. I will await the devils wrath.......LOL
Real News

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

67,677th WooHoo!!!

Where do I put the beer? I brought some chips too.
Yes, this thread seems to be where the party is and I brought enough for everybody.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Cleveland Discussions

Search the Cleveland Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 12 min WTH 9,251
son looking for dad (Dec '10) 3 hr joie0125 2
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) Tue doe resident 8,608
Teen Looking for Work Mon Hired 1
Cris Fish (Apr '13) Aug 16 curious 3
Big Trucks (Nov '13) Aug 14 tistrue 11
Why women let themselves go and become lazy (Apr '13) Aug 13 Shantane 14
•••
•••
•••
•••

Cleveland Jobs

•••