Comments
56,241 - 56,260 of 146,096 Comments Last updated 7 min ago
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#61732 Jan 7, 2013
"Consevatives eat their own"
Not only is the Tea Party backed "Freedom Works" going up against Limbaugh and Beck because they invested millions into both Limbaugh and Beck but got little in return.
Now super far right Michael Savage is calling for a third, "Nationalist American" political party to challenge the Republican party.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#61733 Jan 7, 2013
The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
Another hilarious conservative talking point -- the rich "create jobs" out of sheer altruism, or as a reward for receiving more tax cuts from the government. This is completely absurd, yet they parrot this rhetoric obediently.
A business hires a worker when his labor force is insufficient to meet the demands of his customer base. That worker is hired because the income he will yield the employer is greater than his cost to said employer. It is an arrangement based on money, not benevolence. "Rich people" don't hand out jobs like candy at a parade, they create the minimum number of positions needed to turn the highest profit on their goods or services.
OA, or another way of putting it, it all comes down to "supply and demand" and the person that is making $50,000 a year is the one that may or may not be able to afford a product, if he can he will purchase that product.........so the demand will go up, which means the supply will have to go up. So at that point whoever is making that product will have to increase production (Jobs)

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#61734 Jan 7, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
"Consevatives eat their own"
Not only is the Tea Party backed "Freedom Works" going up against Limbaugh and Beck because they invested millions into both Limbaugh and Beck but got little in return.
Now super far right Michael Savage is calling for a third, "Nationalist American" political party to challenge the Republican party.
Oh My Lord, they are totally out of control and being worked into a frenzy, by People who make their Living doing just that, sleazy though it may be. They're making a small fortune by doing it and i doubt that very many of them believe a word that say, but their Audience certainly believes it all!

Location hidden

#61735 Jan 7, 2013
"The Hoax Of Entitlement Reform."

Click here:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-reich/en...
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#61736 Jan 7, 2013
HoT wrote:
<quoted text>
A good one.... you liberals want to hit FOX News. Its the only one with both sides to it. The others simply have demo/libs presenting one side. Rem there are always two sides.
next the Repubs are protecting the wealthiest. OK Who makes the jobs, certainly not the man who makes $50000 a year or the person who is on gov. assistance.
You should be on TV, you hit all the demos/libs talking points..... why are you afraid of the tea party- I have never figured out but when you get afraid you start tearing itor whom ever down. A bad habit to get in.
And finally: we have told you, debated you tonight and it goes in one ear and out the other for you. Your just a loyal Demo/lib. I know a lot of REPublicans/Conservatives that are Loyal as well. Rush to be one of them---Far right ---NO but Right of middle. I'll bet you don't even know who the far right are?
Anyway, it is a no win batle, you got Obama for 4 more years, When you get hungry don't come to me.
Goodnight.
I have three comments to your post, first, those making 50K do make the jobs. In an economy based in consumer spending, it is the middle class that are the job creators.(BTW I made a lot less than that a year when I started my business)
Second, the difference between liberals and conservatives is us liberals KNOW we might "get hungry" no matter how much money we have or have had, because events beyond our control can happen. Y'all think it can NEVER happen to you and "we" will have to come to you and beg for help. I know better....and your kind wouldn't give your fellow man air if he was in a jug anyway.
You are right about ONE thing. I am afraid of the tea party. The take no prisoners attitude of the tea party has a potential to destroy the United States of America and that destruction scares me, not for myself since my life is almost over but for the next generations who will have to pick up the pieces of what you and your friends have done.

“IMNTBHO”

Since: Dec 10

Smyrna, TN

#61737 Jan 7, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
I've posted the same Post twice and Topix wouldn't put it up...and there was nothing in it that violates Topix TOS, either!
I guss that we have the Rogue Moderator, that's on a Power-trip, working this Evening!
You are so naive. I have noticed, stated, and many others have stated as well, that extremely long posts will often not be posted right away. Even though your part of the post was not long , the original post was very long and you quoted all of it.

This is and always has been normal. It does not happen with every long post. I have noticed that it happens more after I have made repeated long posts, and especially when doing a lot of C&P. However, they are always posted.

I believe that some things will automatically trigger a post to be reviewed by a moderator before posting. Stop being so impatient that someone may never see your "words of wisdom"(not) and wait a while before re-posting them and complaining about it. You are so insecure.
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#61738 Jan 7, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
"White House Considers Broader U.S. Gun Control: Report."
Click here:
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/01/06/us-...
LOGANVILLE, Ga.ó A Georgia mother hid her two 9-year-old twins and shot at an intruder 6 times - hitting him with 5. Now THAT is gun control!

http://myfox8.com/2013/01/06/ga-mom-shoots-in...

Location hidden

#61739 Jan 7, 2013
I don't want any kind of Gun Control enacted, just to be blunt about it. What I want is some way to keep guns from getting into the hands of the Mentally Ill and more and better treatment for the Mentall Ill.
I don't believe that Guns are the problem, I believe that the Mentally Ill People and Criminals who are allowed access to the guns, are the problem.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#61740 Jan 7, 2013
The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
"Between 2004 and 2006, when subprime lending was exploding, Fannie and Freddie went from holding a high of 48 percent of the subprime loans that were sold into the secondary market to holding about 24 percent, according to data from Inside Mortgage Finance, a specialty publication. Even so, by 2007 only 17 percent of their total portfolio was either either subprime or Alt-A loans. Due to regulations, their percentage of these loans are actually better than many banks."
Could you prove to me that "Inside Mortgage Finance" magazine is a "far left liberal" publication?
Good Morning "OA" ! I read a bunch of books that were written by both liberal and conservative leaning economists relating to the economic collapse and across that spectrum, the conclusion of all was that Fannie and Freddie were bit players in the house of cards that fell in 2008 BECAUSE the government guarantees were no longer necessary to sell these loans. Wall Street banks were waiting in line to buy these before the ink was dry on the mortgage papers.
The real crisis at Fannie and Freddie didn't come until the value of their assets held as security began to fall with the collapse of housing values across the country. That was MOSTLY a result of the actions of Wall Street, which got a pile of money from taxpayers as a result of their own reckless behavior. The timeline is apparently too complicated for some of our conservative "friends".
George

France

#61741 Jan 7, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
I don't want any kind of Gun Control enacted, just to be blunt about it. What I want is some way to keep guns from getting into the hands of the Mentally Ill and more and better treatment for the Mentally Ill.
I don't believe that Guns are the problem, I believe that the Mentally Ill People and Criminals who are allowed access to the guns, are the problem.
I know of a few mentally ill people that owned guns all their lives and never got in trouble with them.

Location hidden

#61742 Jan 7, 2013
George wrote:
<quoted text>I know of a few mentally ill people that owned guns all their lives and never got in trouble with them.
Then, maybe I should have said Mentally Ill People who are capable of being violent.
I'm not really knowledgable about Mentally Ill people, but I think you know what I'm trying to say. Surely, there are tasts that can show which Ones may become violeht at some point and if there is, don't allow those People to have access to Guns!
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#61743 Jan 7, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
I don't want any kind of Gun Control enacted, just to be blunt about it. What I want is some way to keep guns from getting into the hands of the Mentally Ill and more and better treatment for the Mentall Ill.
That seems like basic common sense, BUT and there is usually a but, how do we decide who is mentally ill ? Is it the approx 40 MILLION Americans that have at one time or another been treated by a doctor for depression ? Is it those who have been treated with antipsychotic medications ? Is it those who are currently being treated/monitored for alzheimers disease ? If it is any of the above, all of which are "mental illnesses", what about those people's right to privacy ? What about the doctor patient relationship which would be destroyed as a result of a doctor reporting a mental problem to authorities ? I think forcing doctors to report mental problems to authorities would make it much less likely that a mentally ill patient would seek treatment if they know their problem could become public knowledge. Then there is another problem....say a person is diagnosed with a moderate mental illness, what do authorities do ? Serve a search warrant and confiscate any guns in his or her home ? What about guns owned by family members who LEGALLY own guns ? Do they lose their second amendment rights as a result of living with a person who is mentally ill ? This issue is a road littered with potholes, any of which seem to trample the "rights" guaranteed to every citizen in the constitution.
We can make mental health services as accessable as possible to those who need them, and hope the treatment they provide helps those who are contemplating murdering innocents.
AND, we can limit the size of gun magazines, and outlaw the ownership of large capacity ones that already exist. UNFORTUNATELY, that will not end the killing of innocents, just PERHAPS limit their numbers.
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

#61744 Jan 7, 2013
George Will had an interesting take on the cliff deal. He says that it is the beginning of the decline of liberalism. Why?

GEORGE STEPHANOULOS, HOST: And you say the deal was actually a triumph.

GEORGE WILL: In this sense, I think people will look back on this deal as where liberalism passed an apogee and went into decline for the following reason. In the Bush tax rates were passed in two steps, 2001 and 2003. In 2001, 28 Democratic members of the House voted for them. In 2003, only 7 did - and they made it for only 10 years, they were to expire.

Under this deal, 172 House Democrats voted to make the Bush rates permanent for all but 0.5 percent of American taxpayers. What that means is, is that they can no longer tax the middle class.

You cannot fund a state that liberals want, the entitlement state, without taxing the middle class at least. And now you've given up that -- with the locking-in as permanent law the Bush tax rates, that's off the table.

So youíve painted yourselves into a corner. Youíve just fought tooth and nail FOR something that your party has been AGAINST for decades, tax decreases. Yet your spending policies will dictate tax increases when you find that the money you get from the rich isnít enough to cover them all. At which point, youíll have to fight to increase taxes on the middle class.

Good luck with that.

Here's an idea. The new "rich" is $250K. To cover everything you spend, just make the new, new rich,$75K. Since most democrats make way under that figure, you can sell that idea.

Location hidden

#61745 Jan 7, 2013
As usual, OT, you make very good points and Ones that I don't have the answer to. Surely, there are Experts out there who can recommend something.
I put up a Link that outlines some things that Obama's Task Force MIGHT recommend that Members of Law Enforcement support. I will defer to those who have to deal with the problem, because I have no clue and I have sense enough to know it.

I just don't want the Gov't. using this as an excuse to take away Law-Abiding and Responsible Citizens' guns, especially when there seems to be so many Crazies out there, preying on Innocent People. I want to have some way to defend myself, other than arm-to-arm combat, which I know I can't win!
The simple fact is that, if a Killer is going to kill, he/she will find a way to do it, gun or no gun.
Mater

Dublin, Ireland

#61746 Jan 7, 2013
Has anyone looked up the high capacity gun magazines to see how many millions are out there already to go with the millions of guns already out there? It would be impossible to take everyone's guns. Besides that with a little knowledge, few dollars and access to a welder and grinder people could make their own high capacity gun magazines.
Hey

Manchester, TN

#61747 Jan 7, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
I agree completely.I'm concerned with the drugs that are being pushed on too many with the very side effects such as killing oneself and others.I'm not hearing talk on this problem in DC.There is big money in these drugs.
I am afraid that the mental thing can be used to try to get rid of guns period.You can find mental anywhere you want to.
I am disturbed also how our returning vets are treated and even now being put on the DHS lists as the domestic terrorists.
Too many of these soldiers are being put on these drugs as DR Peter Briggin testified in US Congress.
I was disturbed when that one returning vet was picked up and put in the mental ward for putting something on facebook about 9/11.The attorney for this person received many calls from other vets or family members that there were 20 or more such incidents in VA.in just that one month.

Location hidden

#61749 Jan 7, 2013
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree completely.I'm concerned with the drugs that are being pushed on too many with the very side effects such as killing oneself and others.I'm not hearing talk on this problem in DC.There is big money in these drugs.
I am afraid that the mental thing can be used to try to get rid of guns period.You can find mental anywhere you want to.
I am disturbed also how our returning vets are treated and even now being put on the DHS lists as the domestic terrorists.
Too many of these soldiers are being put on these drugs as DR Peter Briggin testified in US Congress.
I was disturbed when that one returning vet was picked up and put in the mental ward for putting something on facebook about 9/11.The attorney for this person received many calls from other vets or family members that there were 20 or more such incidents in VA.in just that one month.
I am disgusted by so many things going on in this Country in recent times and you just added another one.
If you have a Link to that "Vet" story, please post it...I'd very much like to read it because I hadn't heard about it. Thanks.
Hey

Manchester, TN

#61750 Jan 7, 2013
Truth Detector wrote:
George Will had an interesting take on the cliff deal. He says that it is the beginning of the decline of liberalism. Why?
GEORGE STEPHANOULOS, HOST: And you say the deal was actually a triumph.
GEORGE WILL: In this sense, I think people will look back on this deal as where liberalism passed an apogee and went into decline for the following reason. In the Bush tax rates were passed in two steps, 2001 and 2003. In 2001, 28 Democratic members of the House voted for them. In 2003, only 7 did - and they made it for only 10 years, they were to expire.
Under this deal, 172 House Democrats voted to make the Bush rates permanent for all but 0.5 percent of American taxpayers. What that means is, is that they can no longer tax the middle class.
You cannot fund a state that liberals want, the entitlement state, without taxing the middle class at least. And now you've given up that -- with the locking-in as permanent law the Bush tax rates, that's off the table.
So youíve painted yourselves into a corner. Youíve just fought tooth and nail FOR something that your party has been AGAINST for decades, tax decreases. Yet your spending policies will dictate tax increases when you find that the money you get from the rich isnít enough to cover them all. At which point, youíll have to fight to increase taxes on the middle class.
Good luck with that.
Here's an idea. The new "rich" is $250K. To cover everything you spend, just make the new, new rich,$75K. Since most democrats make way under that figure, you can sell that idea.
Do you ever watch those meter like things that keep flipping out the interest on the debt?LIke crazy money owed just flying around on that thing? That crazy interest we will never be able to repay?
WHY?
The Constitution gave Congress the right to print the money INTEREST FREE.
Why are we paying the Feds intereset.
WHY...because way back when some DC slobs got kick backs for undoing what Andrew Jackson got rid of (and paid off the debt) and gave the Fed back the scam.

Location hidden

#61751 Jan 7, 2013
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you ever watch those meter like things that keep flipping out the interest on the debt?LIke crazy money owed just flying around on that thing? That crazy interest we will never be able to repay?
WHY?
The Constitution gave Congress the right to print the money INTEREST FREE.
Why are we paying the Feds intereset.
WHY...because way back when some DC slobs got kick backs for undoing what Andrew Jackson got rid of (and paid off the debt) and gave the Fed back the scam.
It just never ends, does it? Politicians and the Gov't. are really starting to give me a headache! You elect them to do a job and then, you have to watch over them like a 2-year-old the whole time they're in Office, to try and keep them from screwing you over even worse! lol!
Hey

Manchester, TN

#61752 Jan 7, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
I am disgusted by so many things going on in this Country in recent times and you just added another one.
If you have a Link to that "Vet" story, please post it...I'd very much like to read it because I hadn't heard about it. Thanks.
The Ex Marine was Raub Brandon.
Washingtonsblog-Former marine indefinately detained in psychiatric hospital.
Dr Briggin's testimony before congress.
http://www.briggin.com/index.php...
Topix is at it again with that ihternet explorer not working thing back again

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cleveland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 37 min Windy 9,328
Katrina Smallwood 1 hr truth teller 1
Christina Thomas (May '10) 4 hr dj mills 64
Judge Byrd reprimanded in Wilson County case (Feb '08) 5 hr Goldfinger 135
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 17 hr miss tuffet 8,618
Interesting Fri edvis 1
Commercial solar energy seminar upcoming at Per... Aug 29 Claire Reynolds 1
•••
•••
•••

Cleveland Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000