Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in 2010?

Posted in the Cleveland Forum

Comments (Page 2,812)

Showing posts 56,221 - 56,240 of123,388
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

It is truly amazing to me that you Teapublicans simply DO NOT have the ability to think, other than in the most simplistic terms!

You harp and harp about somebody stealing a penny from you, in your estimation...but you totally ignore the Bank Robber who just stole every dollar you have, out of your Bank Account!

“IMNTBHO”

Since: Dec 10

On The Road Again

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Unreal wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have as big a problem with that as I so Sassy's scenario. I don't think we should be paying drug addicted parents so that they can keep their children because we all know drug addicted parents are not taking care of their kids with that money. If we really have that big a problem with drug addicted parents, then maybe it is time we open orphanages in this country because the chances of a child raised in that environment becoming productive members of society are slim, so it sounds like we are perpetuating the problem.
I said in my first post that I understand some people needing those benefits. I have seen several that I don't think fit that category. I know some 30 to 40 somethings that are on it because they have back pain, and will work for cash if they can find someone who will give it to them. I have back pain too... I believe the lawyer ads on TV are a good indication that we have a problem. They show those 30 to 40 somethings that are so happy that the lawyer got them "the money they deserve". No, I do not want those people and drug addicts drawing SS disability benefits!
Unreal I was discharged medically from the military 42 years ago because of a back injury. I have and still do work every day. Some days the pain is worse than others but the pain of starvation is much worse than the back pain will ever be. I refuse to live off of a Government check. I was raised that everyone should be productive citizens of this great Nation. I will work as long as I am able and that will likely be a very long time.

“IMNTBHO”

On The Road Again

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Local wrote:
<quoted text>
We are still getting a tax break on our income taxes. The R's insisted that this same break must extend all the way up to $450,000 per year!(They look after the rich)
What you are talking about is the temporary holiday on withholding tax (SS) Obama gave us a couple of years back to help us in the recession. So the current 4.2% withholding goes back to the usual 6.2%. Toughen up and don't be bitter about the election outcome.
To people new to the workforce since the temporary holiday was put into place, this is an increase.
crzzzd

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

“IMNTBHO”

On The Road Again

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
What you are not factoring in is that, the Bottom dropped out of the economy in Nov. before Bush was out of office the following Jan...less than two months later. So, Obama's first Term got the full brunt of the damage that was caused during Bush's two Terms.
Obama didn't cause it, Bush did...but the results of Bush's actions, weren't fully felt until Obama's First Term in office. They had barely started to materialize, but they had started in Nov., before Obama took office and they became fully apparent during Obama's first Term in Office.
Remember who was President and who appointed Hank Paulson, a former Goldman-Sachs CEO, to come up with the Wall St. Bailout and who told Congress that if they didn't vote it in by the following Monday, the Country would go bankrupt because because Wall Street, and the U.S. Economy would crash? Bush was the President who did all of that at the end of his Second Term, before Obama took Office. It was all a farse because Bailing out Wall street did nothing but save the Big Wall Street Bankers, but it happend on Bush's Watch, not on Obama's. It was left up to Obama to save the Country!
And who had control of the Congress on Bush's watch? The President cannot ruin the economy alone. Obama had 2 years to try and do something with a Democratic Congress and he could not even get them to pass 2 budgets. He still can't get his own party to approve ANY of his proposed budgets.

On top of everything else he is taking no responsibility for any of this. He said that he will not negotiate on the debt ceiling because Congress had to pay the bills for the laws THEY passed. Last I heard, passed laws were not enacted until signed by the President.

This makes him every bit, if not more, responsible for the added 6 trillion debt on his watch. Obama has borrowed more money on his watch than all other Presidents combined, up till the end of Bush's first term, and by the end of his second term he will have long surpassed all other Presidents, but, you still wanna blame Bush.

Obama has many things to learn. Just a couple of those are. 1. Jobs that provide growth are not created by the Government. Government jobs only put a higher tax burden on everyone thereby stifling growth. 2. You cannot borrow your way out of debt. It is one thing when a Corporation borrows money to expand or produce a new product. They can then pay that loan back from the profits. But this Government is borrowing money for giveaways that do not produce anything except the expectation of more giveaways. Eventually the day will come, and that day is getting dangerously close, when this country will owe more than it can ever repay.

“IMNTBHO”

On The Road Again

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw it...I'm the One who posted the Article, remember?
I also posted the Article that said the Automobile Industry and the General Motors Bailout did more to save the U.S. economy than any other single action, and explained how and where they are, economically, today, world-wide, in sales. But, I guess you didn't read that one....but you should! I believe, if memory serves, it was a Forbes Article, a very Conservative Business Site, in case you don't know!
Go tell the people in Detroit about that bailout and how they were saved. The home of GM, Ford, and Chrysler, as well as the American automobile industry itself, is a shadow of its former self. And dear old Detroit wants another bailout. Tell them to get the money from the Unions that are so precious to them.

“IMNTBHO”

On The Road Again

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

HoT wrote:
<quoted text> And Obama as a Senator voted for the bailout as well. You and a lot of people seem to be forgetting that The president or at least prior to Obama, the House and Senate control the flow of money, spending and revenue. In Clinton Years The House was Republican for the last two years. This lasted four years into the Bush presidency. During the last four years both houses were changed to democrats. Look What Happened. In fact, Bush told them (a known fact that keep getting buried)that if they kept loaning money on homes people who could not pay for them, failing of the banks would happen. Now Obama gets praise for saving the country. People we have 15-20 million people out of work, Prices are higher than ever before and if the FEDS quit buying bonds to keep the interest rates down then you see an recession like you have never seen before. Get your facts straight for once.
Are you sure Obama voted for the bailout as a Senator? I thought he always voted Present to every bill.. LOL

“IMNTBHO”

On The Road Again

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Sassy, I read the article and found some things that I never had to face when I returned from Vietnam and some other things that I did.
I never took on a relationship or got married before going to Vietnam. Upon returning I landed a great job and stayed single and never committed to a relationship for a good number of years. So I was lucky to have a good income at the same time enjoyed my single life.
Now Leon Panetta mentions financial and drug problems, I believe if you have financial problems that I believe would lead to drug problems, not the other way around
That is why I was so upset that the Republicans killed the "Veterans Jobs Bill".
I also think young people today take on way to much responsibility like getting married, having kids, or visa versa. I think they should all stay single for at LEAST 5 years after high school.
Actually, they should wait at least 5 years after College.

“IMNTBHO”

On The Road Again

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

HoT wrote:
<quoted text>
First if all the Rollingstone is a very liberal paper. So you are a very liberal person. Let me ask you, if NBS, MSNBC, CNN, CBS etc. are so good why is it they only have liberals/ democrats on the shows they have spitting out information about the other side. WHyis there a double standard for the lib and Conservs. Yes we both have our far fringes but its the left middle to far left that worries me. Most of these are drawbacks from the hippie days where free love, drugs where started. If you recall that was during JFK/Johnsons time. Oh JFK was a conservative. MY goodness, over half of this nation is taking from the gov. in one way or the other."Why should I work if I can make it and not do nothing" You have the vote and from now on it will be republican only. But remember this. Those kids that were not hippies, grew up training their kids to watch out for your kind. The children of today especially those college kids when they hit reality and find the cannot find a job. Maybe another 20 years, if China does not attack us and take us over.
Using Rolling Stone as a news source is like using High Times articles as facts for complaints against Ted Nugent.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/nugen...
Besides all you Liberals should love Uncle Ted for being a draft dodger. You elect them. Clinton not only dodged the draft but then went to England and protested the war on foreign soil.

“IMNTBHO”

On The Road Again

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

HoT wrote:
AT least FOX News has both side, which lets me decide what is going on unlike the other side being mindless and lead down the primrose path to destruction.
Amen to that.
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text>Oh brother ! You are still blaming Fannie and Freddie ?
You are an ass. The banks took advantage of the government buying up bad paper. This was a perfect illustration of how good intentioned government ideas go awry, but for you to blame it solely on the banks is just as naive. But then, you've proven yourself to be a liberal tool - especially your admiration for that idiot Bernie Sanders.

But it is karma that this article was written by one of more odious of liberals, supporting my post:

Barney Frank is bored, and has applied, no, make that begged for Kerry's Senate seat should we be stupid enough to make him defense whatever.

From out of the stratosphere comes Joe Klein, saying that Barney's stewardship over FNMA. WHOA! Imagine that. Someone Barney's probably sucked off 100 times in the House mens room, calling him out for his incompetence.

http://swampland.time.com/2013/01/04/barney-f...

"I’ve known Barney for more than 40 years and he’s been a terrific public servant, with one exception: his non-oversight of FNMA (Fannie-Mae) as House Banking Committee chair. That should eliminate him from consideration as even a temporary Senator."

WHOA! But it gets better!

"Barney is smart and clever, and very funny. He has fought the good fight on issue after issue. But he went AWOL when it came to Fannie-Mae and Freddie-Mac, the two semi-sorta-but-really-not-non- governmental mortgage banks whose cheesy practices led to the raft of ridiculous and crooked mortgage lending that, in turn, led to the Wall Street speculation that led, in turn, to the Great Recession."

"Frank’s initial rationale was a good one: home ownership is a good thing. As many Americans should own homes as is economically reasonable–but not every American. As Gretchen Morgensen and Joshua Rosner write in Reckless Endangerment, Fanny and Freddie began pushing the limits in the late 1990s, backing sub-prime mortgages, mortgages without downpayments, mortgages without any research at all into whether individuals could reasonably pay for the houses that they were trying to buy. Its executives pulled massive salaries and bonuses–and made massive campaign contributions."

Can you spell Frank Raines, Maxine Water's succubus? But wait, Klein doesn't stop there.

"Both Barney and Chris Dodd, his Senate counterpart, enjoyed the largesse and looked the other way–and worse. Frank secured a job at Fannie-Mae for his partner. Dodd received a sweetheart loan from the mega-sleazy Angelo Mozilo, the scoundrel in charge of Countrywide Mortgages. Neither of them took the massive Fannie and Freddie housing abuses seriously enough to investigate. Even if we want to be kind, that kind of negligence argues against any further Congressional service for Frank–not even the temporary appointment to the Senate to replace John Kerry until a special election can be held. Indeed, the Dodd-Frank era of federal oversight–including the actions of new ranking Democratic member of the House Financial Services Committee, Maxine Waters– should be the subject of a Congressional inquiry."

Joe Klein is one of YOUR guys, sweetie. He's calling out the REAL bad guys. The ones who enriched themselves, no matter WHICH side was doing more wrong.

"Democrats have a special responsibility to rigorously police the government programs they favor. In the midst of a long and thoughtful career as a politician, Barney Frank sadly neglected this duty–and helped caused an economic calamity that wiped out the life savings of millions of people he claimed to represent. He shouldn’t be rewarded for that with a Senate seat; quite the opposite, he needs to find a way to make amends."

NEVER will this happen. Because sycophants like you just line up and regurgitate the party line.

I wonder who kidnapped the real Joe Klein?

Read more: http://swampland.time.com/2013/01/04/barney-f...
HoT

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

to "NTMD8OR"
THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

In case you don't know, HSBC openly admitted laundrying Drug Money.
----------
"Taibbi, Spitzer Fume Over HSBC Settlement.(VIDEO): Segment Aired On 'Viewpoint With Eliot Spitzer'."

Click here:
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/videos/t...

“IMNTBHO”

On The Road Again

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Truth Detector wrote:
Rep. Jose Serrano reintroduced a bill to repeal presidential term limit.
Maybe we can just make Obama Emperor. Or King.
He thinks he already is.

“IMNTBHO”

On The Road Again

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
It is truly amazing to me that you Teapublicans simply DO NOT have the ability to think, other than in the most simplistic terms!
You harp and harp about somebody stealing a penny from you, in your estimation...but you totally ignore the Bank Robber who just stole every dollar you have, out of your Bank Account!
Nobody stole anything out of my bank account.. My assets are safe in my safe.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Truth Detector wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an ass. The banks took advantage of the government buying up bad paper. This was a perfect illustration of how good intentioned government ideas go awry, but for you to blame it solely on the banks is just as naive. But then, you've proven yourself to be a liberal tool - especially your admiration for that idiot Bernie Sanders.
But it is karma that this article was written by one of more odious of liberals, supporting my post:
Barney Frank is bored, and has applied, no, make that begged for Kerry's Senate seat should we be stupid enough to make him defense whatever.
From out of the stratosphere comes Joe Klein, saying that Barney's stewardship over FNMA. WHOA! Imagine that. Someone Barney's probably sucked off 100 times in the House mens room, calling him out for his incompetence.
"I’ve known Barney for more than 40 years and he’s been a terrific public servant, with one exception: his non-oversight of FNMA (Fannie-Mae) as House Banking Committee chair. That should eliminate him from consideration as even a temporary Senator."
"Barney is smart and clever, and very funny. He has fought the good fight on issue after issue. But he went AWOL when it came to Fannie-Mae and Freddie-Mac, the two semi-sorta-but-really-not-non- governmental mortgage banks whose cheesy practices led to the raft of ridiculous and crooked mortgage lending that, in turn, led to the Wall Street speculation that led, in turn, to the Great Recession."
"Frank’s initial rationale was a good one: home ownership is a good thing. As many Americans should own homes as is economically reasonable–but not every American. As Gretchen Morgensen and Joshua Rosner write in Reckless Endangerment, Fanny and Freddie began pushing the limits in the late 1990s, backing sub-prime mortgages, mortgages without downpayments, mortgages without any research at all into whether individuals could reasonably pay for the houses that they were trying to buy. Its executives pulled massive salaries and bonuses–and made massive campaign contributions."
Can you spell Frank Raines, Maxine Water's succubus? But wait, Klein doesn't stop there.
"Both Barney and Chris Dodd, his Senate counterpart, enjoyed the largesse and looked the other way–and worse. Frank secured a job at Fannie-Mae for his partner. Dodd received a sweetheart loan from the mega-sleazy Angelo Mozilo, the scoundrel in charge of Countrywide Mortgages. Neither of them took the massive Fannie and Freddie housing abuses seriously enough to investigate. Even if we want to be kind, that kind of negligence argues against any further Congressional service for Frank–not even the temporary appointment to the Senate to replace John Kerry until a special election can be held. Indeed, the Dodd-Frank era of federal oversight–including the actions of new ranking Democratic member of the House Financial Services Committee, Maxine Waters– should be the subject of a Congressional inquiry."
Joe Klein is one of YOUR guys, sweetie. He's calling out the REAL bad guys. The ones who enriched themselves, no matter WHICH side was doing more wrong.
"Democrats have a special responsibility to rigorously police the government programs they favor. In the midst of a long and thoughtful career as a politician, Barney Frank sadly neglected this duty–and helped caused an economic calamity that wiped out the life savings of millions of people he claimed to represent. He shouldn’t be rewarded for that with a Senate seat; quite the opposite, he needs to find a way to make amends."
NEVER will this happen. Because sycophants like you just line up and regurgitate the party line.
Heaven Forbid that you should stray from your Teapublican Talking Points! You would be speechless.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Truth Detector wrote:
<quoted text>
Heaven Forbid that anybody should take away your assigned Teapublican Talking Points. You would be speechless!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

I've posted the same Post twice and Topix wouldn't put it up...and there was nothing in it that violates Topix TOS, either!

I guss that we have the Rogue Moderator, that's on a Power-trip, working this Evening!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Lol! NOW, it shows up...Post #61687!

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Truth Detector wrote:
<quoted text>
"Both Barney and Chris Dodd, his Senate counterpart, enjoyed the largesse and looked the other way–and worse. Frank secured a job at Fannie-Mae for his partner. Dodd received a sweetheart loan from the mega-sleazy Angelo Mozilo, the scoundrel in charge of Countrywide Mortgages. Neither of them took the massive Fannie and Freddie housing abuses seriously enough to investigate. Even if we want to be kind, that kind of negligence argues against any further Congressional service for Frank–not even the temporary appointment to the Senate to replace John Kerry until a special election can be held. Indeed, the Dodd-Frank era of federal oversight–including the actions of new ranking Democratic member of the House Financial Services Committee, Maxine Waters– should be the subject of a Congressional inquiry.
I'm making a prediction as I post this link...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/marvi...
Another Conservative Myth Busted -- Did Fannie and Freddie Really Cause the Financial Sector Meltdown?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 56,221 - 56,240 of123,388
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Cleveland Forum right now

Search the Cleveland Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 2 hr Got Real 8,457
TN Pay-to-Spray Firefighters Watch as Home Burns (Oct '10) 9 hr WTSenior 58,307
Searching for Kelly Horton 16 hr Friend 2
Amazon hiring fully underway in Middle Tennessee (May '12) Tue caz0223 1,229
rodney groce Tue mayor kyle 1
Warning, Avoid Benton - And Response (Jun '08) Mon annoyed 63
Life Care Fraud Case (Apr '13) Apr 13 Walls 3
•••
•••
•••
•••

Cleveland Jobs

•••