Do not donate to the Cleveland Emerge...

Do not donate to the Cleveland Emergency Shelter! And read why!

Posted in the Cleveland Forum

Disgusted

Cleveland, TN

#1 Aug 31, 2012
Our church used to occasionally drop off food, feed meals there and such but I now see only a fraction of these donations make it to the homeless or needy. When food or items are donated I found out first hand that the staff there and their families go through it like vultures, then what they dont like or is too old they feed to the homeless there.
I also found out that the United Way, State and Federal goverments pay them to feed the homeless. I have talked to a few of the homeless people that stay there and they said if it was not for churches bringing food they wouldnt have nothing to eat.
This is a horrible misuse and mismanagment of funds by Donohoo and the rest out there. I would assume none of them even buys groceries, they just pilfer the stock they get grants to pay for. And then pilfer and get first picks from all donated food.
I do believe there are some lazy people at the shelter who do not want to work but there is a majority of either mentally ill people or people really in a bad spot.
Our church has cut off donations to the shelter after a dinner we dropped off did not even make it to the homeless but go straight out the back door while the residents ate leftovers from the previous week. Also 10 2 liters of coke went out the backdoor as well.
Not like any of you care about the homeless but me and my church do and I am just letting you know out taxpaying dollars set aside for that shelter are not being used in the proper way, probably imbezzled and that the staff are all corrupt who no doubt only take that job for the free food, easy pay and kickbacks.

Atlanta, GA

#2 Sep 1, 2012
Disgusted wrote:
Our church used to occasionally drop off food, feed meals there and such but I now see only a fraction of these donations make it to the homeless or needy. When food or items are donated I found out first hand that the staff there and their families go through it like vultures, then what they dont like or is too old they feed to the homeless there.
I also found out that the United Way, State and Federal goverments pay them to feed the homeless. I have talked to a few of the homeless people that stay there and they said if it was not for churches bringing food they wouldnt have nothing to eat.
This is a horrible misuse and mismanagment of funds by Donohoo and the rest out there. I would assume none of them even buys groceries, they just pilfer the stock they get grants to pay for. And then pilfer and get first picks from all donated food.Who needs to investigate this?
I do believe there are some lazy people at the shelter who do not want to work but there is a majority of either mentally ill people or people really in a bad spot.
Our church has cut off donations to the shelter after a dinner we dropped off did not even make it to the homeless but go straight out the back door while the residents ate leftovers from the previous week. Also 10 2 liters of coke went out the backdoor as well.
Not like any of you care about the homeless but me and my church do and I am just letting you know out taxpaying dollars set aside for that shelter are not being used in the proper way, probably imbezzled and that the staff are all corrupt who no doubt only take that job for the free food, easy pay and kickbacks.
Who Needs to Investigate This Abuse of the Homeless People?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cleveland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Warning, Avoid Benton - And Response (Jun '08) 7 hr Oldfort 71
Tims cheating wife (Aug '15) Sat Larryg54 27
Cameron Bush Fri Aryan brotherhood... 1
Possums Thu Dean_Gullberry 3
TYRICO (Rico) BUTLER Apr 27 MagnaCarta61 1
News Carolyn Melinda Hembree Apr 25 TONIA Hembree 1
Pastor Hank Davis (Oct '14) Apr 19 Ga_SwampGirl2017 5

Cleveland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance