TRW Automotive workers strike at Leba...

TRW Automotive workers strike at Lebanon plant

There are 5 comments on the The Tennessean story from Aug 28, 2013, titled TRW Automotive workers strike at Lebanon plant. In it, The Tennessean reports that:

One of Wilson County's top employers has been shut down by a strike. About 400 production employees at the TRW Automotive plant in Lebanon went on strike after rejecting a new contract in a lopsided vote on Sunday, according to the United Auto Workers union, which represents the workers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Tennessean.

Uaw Sister Virginia

Elliston, VA

#1 Sep 8, 2013
I Support You 100% Stand Up For What You Believe People That Don't Work there don't Understand. Your Plant Mananger Would Not Work For $18hr And Most Likely Gets A Huge Bonus. People Crossing Your Picket Line Hurt You Your Community And Themselves in the End. I Support You And Pray For You And Everything will be Ok. HANG IN THERE. THE UNION IS A GOOD THING MOST PEOPLE ARE NOT WILLING TO FIGHT FOR WHAT THEY DESERVE THEY TAKE WHAT IS GIVEN.
CEO NEEDS MO MONEY

Smartt, TN

#2 Sep 10, 2013
You all need to sell your plasma and even make me the benefactor when signing your organ donor cards.

I really need more money and damnit I deserve it for doing such a fine job of making thousands work for near slave wages!!!
Uaw Sister Virginia wrote:
I Support You 100% Stand Up For What You Believe People That Don't Work there don't Understand. Your Plant Mananger Would Not Work For $18hr And Most Likely Gets A Huge Bonus. People Crossing Your Picket Line Hurt You Your Community And Themselves in the End. I Support You And Pray For You And Everything will be Ok. HANG IN THERE. THE UNION IS A GOOD THING MOST PEOPLE ARE NOT WILLING TO FIGHT FOR WHAT THEY DESERVE THEY TAKE WHAT IS GIVEN.

Since: Sep 13

Paris, IL

#3 Sep 15, 2013
years ago people did NOT cross a picket line without consequences. Times have changed, people try to use respect..BUT people like you CEO I have no respect for. You are making fun of the very people that do the job that keeps you a job. Someone has to do it and without the average joe doing in plant work, you'd be on the unemployment line.Where you need to be if your superiors could only know who you are. You are an embarrassment to all TRW employees, upper management, factory workers, you are truly someone to be ashamed of and if I were your boss, you'd be on the street with a monkey on your shoulder and an accordian begging for a living. You do NOT appreciate what the average worker is worth. Without them, you are NOTHING!!!!
Worshipful CEO

United States

#4 Sep 16, 2013
Hello again, my peculiar goober head!

I will note that in your other reply to me in which you pointed out my need for education due to spelling and punctuation errors, you started it off with a cardinal error showing zero deference or respect to simple capitalization.

Let me make this clear to you and do so in a manner your simple mind may be able to grasp; without the current stock of "uppity" mammals, I'd be even more as I can quickly replace them with much more reasonable life forms gladly willing to accept less than half of what the current stable of obsolete fools demand for their absurd compensation.

Yeppers sonny boy, give me enough time to make them even more miserable and I'll have all the plants surrounded by bare footed workers waiving their legal right to even minimum wage.

BTW, you misspelled accordion.
scabssuk wrote:
years ago people did NOT cross a picket line without consequences. Times have changed, people try to use respect..BUT people like you CEO I have no respect for. You are making fun of the very people that do the job that keeps you a job. Someone has to do it and without the average joe doing in plant work, you'd be on the unemployment line.Where you need to be if your superiors could only know who you are. You are an embarrassment to all TRW employees, upper management, factory workers, you are truly someone to be ashamed of and if I were your boss, you'd be on the street with a monkey on your shoulder and an accordian begging for a living. You do NOT appreciate what the average worker is worth. Without them, you are NOTHING!!!!
scabssuck

Paris, IL

#5 Nov 13, 2014
Worshipful CEO wrote:
Hello again, my peculiar goober head!
I will note that in your other reply to me in which you pointed out my need for education due to spelling and punctuation errors, you started it off with a cardinal error showing zero deference or respect to simple capitalization.
Let me make this clear to you and do so in a manner your simple mind may be able to grasp; without the current stock of "uppity" mammals, I'd be even more as I can quickly replace them with much more reasonable life forms gladly willing to accept less than half of what the current stable of obsolete fools demand for their absurd compensation.
Yeppers sonny boy, give me enough time to make them even more miserable and I'll have all the plants surrounded by bare footed workers waiving their legal right to even minimum wage.
BTW, you misspelled accordion.
<quoted text>
I may have misspelled the word accordion but I did not underestimate your ability to be less than human. After all, you do work upper management for TRW and they by far are not the company they used to be. It used to be a wonderful place to work. A place a person was proud to admit they worked at. It used to be a place where quality was #1 and all the heads can still say that, but it isn't true. Quantity is pushed harder than quality. Yes, you might find people in this day and age of struggling times that are willing to work for minimum wage and they might even think you are a great company, but it won't take long for them to see thru the lines and realize that the employees mean nothing anymore. So enjoy your reign at the top, I'm hoping this new German company that bought TRW comes in and starts at the top and puts you all on the unemployment line. And just because I do not work at a union plant does not mean I still can't support my fellow TRW workers that do. So take your "sonny boy" and stick it up your nose, if you can reach it since it is so high in the air.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cleveland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Owners of Lebanon Marine Rude! 14 hr Tada 25
Mike Fulkerson at Cleveland Ford 17 hr Christ70 7
Erin Smith (Dec '15) 22 hr Yeehae 10
std (Jun '12) Dec 9 truth 21
Where do non college students go? Dec 9 Just_a_guy 1
Justice out Bowen back Dec 7 Voicing my opinion 2
Janet Harwell Dec 6 Passin thru 29

Cleveland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cleveland Mortgages