Posted in the Cleveland Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
AManwhoknows

United States

#1 Aug 3, 2010
Hello Everyone?

I don't know how many people have heard of even know Dr. T.L. Lowery well he is an evangelist in the Church of God. Long story short this man has the nerve to come our area here is southeastern kentucky., I have to give him credit the message was awesome.But how would you feel if this man came selling books on the pulpit before his message, furthermore, there was an altar call he went around praying for people then he came to me...This man hit me so hard it knocked me down even hurt my neck. there was a lady he also prayed for hit so hard and with force it knocked the breath out off her keep in mind this lady was elderly.

As, the service was ending he had a chair that he could set in at the end off platform he said there is 9 people 4 men and 5 women that was gonna give him 100 dollars to his ministry. People were coming to bless his ministry before he prayed for them he sat there in front of everyone counted made sure each person gave 100 dollars.I could not imagine telling someone give me money and i'll pray for ya. That's mans ,way not Gods way!!!

I did contact Dr. Lowery's office the Monday after this happened no call was returned... Brothers and Sisters that's your Prosperity (money ,money, money man.) Thats all he wants is the money...

Children you can have all the gold, fame , riches untold and all the money in the world...It sure will not take you to heaven.
duh

United States

#2 Aug 5, 2010
That's all he wants....gotta pay salaries and building note
lol

Dalton, GA

#3 Aug 11, 2010
AManwhoknows wrote:
Hello Everyone?
I don't know how many people have heard of even know Dr. T.L. Lowery well he is an evangelist in the Church of God. Long story short this man has the nerve to come our area here is southeastern kentucky., I have to give him credit the message was awesome.But how would you feel if this man came selling books on the pulpit before his message, furthermore, there was an altar call he went around praying for people then he came to me...This man hit me so hard it knocked me down even hurt my neck. there was a lady he also prayed for hit so hard and with force it knocked the breath out off her keep in mind this lady was elderly.
As, the service was ending he had a chair that he could set in at the end off platform he said there is 9 people 4 men and 5 women that was gonna give him 100 dollars to his ministry. People were coming to bless his ministry before he prayed for them he sat there in front of everyone counted made sure each person gave 100 dollars.I could not imagine telling someone give me money and i'll pray for ya. That's mans ,way not Gods way!!!
I did contact Dr. Lowery's office the Monday after this happened no call was returned... Brothers and Sisters that's your Prosperity (money ,money, money man.) Thats all he wants is the money...
Children you can have all the gold, fame , riches untold and all the money in the world...It sure will not take you to heaven.
I agree 100%. Next time knock the hell out of him. That's what he needs for sure.
dennis matthews

Cleveland, TN

#4 Aug 12, 2010
darn it, did not know he left. i was going to take his "healing course." can you imagine in a few short months and few hundred bucks you can heal the sick. damn the luck.
cindy

Cleveland, TN

#5 Aug 29, 2010
Did you happen to see what he is driving these days? Mercedes Roadster. Nothing like serving up a sermon on the mount in style!
He also just upgraded his office building here,looks like he got his mansion early.
diane pierce gabay

Jeffersonville, IN

#6 Oct 4, 2010
He was just at Trinity Life Center here in Shepherdsville, KY.

You may not agree with his methods, his style, but I would be very careful about speaking against a man that preaches the gospel.

David would not come against King Saul and could have killed him many times but would not touch God's anointed King. Even though Saul was not obeying God with sacrifices instead of obedience and he was not in right standing with God David would not come against him.

Also, King David's wife spoke against him when he was dancing and rejoicing before the Lord with little clothing on and God was angry at his wife for speaking against God's King David who was anointed King over Israel.

The meeting last night was very anointed and there was a great presence of the Holy Spirit with a Godly message from Romans.

Be Careful speaking against men and women of God even if you think and believe things are not right with them. He left early last night to go home to his beloved wife who fell ill. He cut his campmeetings short by 1 day in Shepherdsville, KY.

me again

Morristown, TN

#7 Oct 4, 2010
Fairy tales. And then Jesus arrived on his magic carpet and fixed everything. Amen.
me again

Morristown, TN

#8 Oct 4, 2010
...and the stupid hillbilly hypocrite christians rejoiced and gossipped about each other.
BadaBing

United States

#9 Oct 5, 2010
I think there are or were legal proceedings brought against this man several years ago for swindling people out of money. It is his racket. I think one could do a google search and learn about his past.
Cindy

Cleveland, TN

#11 Oct 6, 2010
God said, You will know them by there fruits. I have met him, and stand by what I have said. And in all honesty would like to say much more. But, will refrain from that as I think it would be most unproductive.
Bob

AOL

#13 Oct 11, 2010
AManwhoknows wrote:
Hello Everyone?
I believe you, Aman. These people like Lowere are a cancer on Christianity. You can rest assured that God's going to hold them accoutable for their charlatan ways. Beware of Wolves in Sheepclothing. Remember that NO man mocks God & gets by with it.
Bob

AOL

#14 Oct 11, 2010
diane pierce gabay wrote:
You may not agree with his methods, his style, but I would be very careful about speaking against a man that preaches the gospel.
David would not come against King Saul and could have killed him many times but would not touch God's anointed King. Even though Saul was not obeying God with sacrifices instead of obedience and he was not in right standing with God David would not come against him.
Also, King David's wife spoke against him when he was dancing and rejoicing before the Lord with little clothing on and God was angry at his wife for speaking against God's King David who was anointed King over Israel.
The meeting last night was very anointed and there was a great presence of the Holy Spirit with a Godly message from Romans.
Be Careful speaking against men and women of God even if you think and believe things are not right with them. He left early last night to go home to his beloved wife who fell ill. He cut his campmeetings short by 1 day in Shepherdsville, KY.
Yeah, I'm sure Brother Lowery met his financial quoted be he took the money & ran. The Bible says you will know them by their fruits.....& their fruit is MONEY...not SOULS mind you.....but the Almighty Dollar. Christ said it best when He stated that....."you can't serve both God & mammon".
Early Grayce

Greer, SC

#16 Oct 30, 2010
It's not just T.L Lowery, it's ALL clergy. They blow smoke up your as about "got the call from god" to preach but, in reality they would quit if they didn't get paid. I'm glad Jesus didn't hold us for ransom. Preachers are a bunch of lazy deadbeats.
MARIUM

Seattle, WA

#17 Dec 9, 2010
Who ever posted something negative about T.L. Lowery here, I so agree with you!
When i met him 25 years ago, i told him something in the strictest confidence!
He then that night preached on what I told him and said that THE LORD TOLD HIM!!!!
I was stunt that he as an Evangeliost would lie from the Pulpit.
You are so correct about MONEY!
At a revival he became very ill and was in fact vomitting, but he refsued to stay away from the Pulpit, gave everyone a command saying he had to get HIS COLLECTION $$$$$ from everyone first!
My prayer is that the Lord Jesus Christ has mercy on him!
So sorry you also had a bad expierience with that Man.
MARIUM

Seattle, WA

#18 Dec 9, 2010
WOW!
Looks like T.L. has not changed a bit!
I met him about 20 some years ago, invited him into my Home for Lunch and told him something in the strictest confidence!
That night he preached that the Lord told him everything I trusted him with!!!
He claims that most of us Christians are jealous! Can you believe this?
He once became so ill at a Revival that he was taken back stage where he vomitted, he just wiped his mouth and said he had to get back in there for the Collections!!!!!!! my Prayers are that our Lord Jesus will have MERCY on him!!!!!!!
MARIUM

Seattle, WA

#19 Dec 9, 2010
Well good for YOu that you feel that way.
But have you any idea how many People he has destroyed with his doings?
I am talking about Baby-Christians, when they see him do wrong things, do you honetsly believe they will NOT be hurt in some kind of way?
The Lord will deal with him, TRUST in HIM only.
dennis matthews

Cleveland, TN

#20 Dec 12, 2010
The guy is an old time con man. If it wasn't religion it would be something else. The thing that actually freaks my ass out are the thousands that listen to that prick. Kinda like people who will fight you if you say tv wrestlin is fake. There is something not quite genetically correct with these people.
real man

Cleveland, TN

#21 Dec 13, 2010
dis man is goood prechur i wood not say bad thangs bout him he has halped meny peepole to ther faith
why everone want to pic on him i donot no we need to pray fer him to
Rhonda

Summersville, WV

#22 Jan 12, 2011
lol wrote:
<quoted text>I agree 100%. Next time knock the hell out of him. That's what he needs for sure.
Dr. Lowery is a very annointed man of God, I have seen him many times, know him and love the man dearly as a Spiritual Father. It is not all about the money, but have you stopped to read you bible and see the scripture where it reads that a man is worthy of his hire? We should support the ministry, but pray before you give and let the Lord lay on your heart the amount you are to give, He ( The Lord) knows everything about you including your finances and I assure you Dr. Lowery has no "HELL" in him, he is a very annointed man of God. I will pray for you. So sorry that you ha ve so much anger and hatred inside of you. seems you need the HELL prayed out of you.
Rhonda Moffatt

Summersville, WV

#23 Jan 12, 2011
diane pierce gabay wrote:
God Bless you , Diane, I agree with you wholeheartedly, the Lord tell us in the Word, that if you do unto the least of these, my children, you do so unto me. Therefore when they are bashing Dr. Lowery, they are bashing the Lord. Please keep the faith, and Thank you for speaking the truth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cleveland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Has Pastor Tony Balding cheated you out your ta... (Nov '11) 20 hr YounoBetter 51
News Church of God of Prophecy rethinks position aga... (Aug '06) Fri B Loobawls 869
News Animal Rescue Corps volunteers assist law enfor... (Feb '16) Jan 15 jehovah cordell 3
Judge John T Gwin (Jan '15) Jan 14 Alove 42
Be on the lookout for Tracy Nunley and Paula Em... Jan 14 Iliketogofast 1
keri leigh tucker (May '12) Jan 13 Debra Sanders 4
genco dell (Feb '14) Jan 13 chuck 5

Cleveland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cleveland Mortgages