Lawsuit raises questions about school...

Lawsuit raises questions about school district's hiring practices

There are 1 comment on the The Myrtle Beach Herald story from Dec 1, 2011, titled Lawsuit raises questions about school district's hiring practices. In it, The Myrtle Beach Herald reports that:

Norbert Ryan, a former St. James Middle School teacher, pleaded guilty to second-degree criminal sexual conduct with a minor younger than 16 last year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Myrtle Beach Herald.

Formerstudent

Buffalo, NY

#1 Jan 29, 2012
I had Mr.Ryan or "Norb" as he insisted most of us girls call him for my freshman English class. This was when he first started teaching and in Michigan. He always crossed several lines with all of us girls. Being a freshman and only 14 yrs. Old it was easy to have a crush on a decent looking young teacher who acted "cool" and gave us attention. It started with a lingering hand on the back while discussing your paper that was due, of course he always had to have these discussions in private in the far corner of his classroom. He would rub the small of my back as well as several other girls while he talked to you. An extra long hug here and there(obviously not appropriate to hug students in the first place). He would turn the conversation into outside of school social scenes and ask about how "crazy" you might get. He had a way of putting down several male students, not all some he was very buddy buddy with, its like he put them down to seem superior in front of the females. It felt like he was always waiting for you to take him up on his " hypothetical" offers of "getting together" over the weekend. One female student obviously did. A very pretty and social almost 15 at the time began dating him. They were seen together on several occasions outside of school as well as in school seeming nervous as if they were hiding something. She became an significantly less social. Then out of nowhere when she was 17 their relationship was verbally confirmed by both her and Mr. Ryan. I know he was pushed into resigning from Stoney Creek High School. It should have been reported. Maybe this young girl in Myrtle Beach would not of fallen victim to his sick form of hunting his unacceptably young prey into bed with him. I'm sure there were others. It disgusts me. He has more than abused a position of authority, trust, and respect. I wish someone, myself included would have exposed him for the sick man he was and is, a long time ago.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cleveland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for wooded land Fri J N S 1
A Letter to the People Aug '16 Patriotic Lawyer 1
Sam Smith Aug '16 Matt 1
News Tow truck owner said he refused service to woma... (May '16) May '16 DirtyMxicans 2
News Architects unveil reductions to new Pickens, Li... (May '09) Feb '16 Born Here 3
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in South Caro... (Oct '10) May '11 repubsAREsoDAMNst... 7
News Fresh off Super Bowl: Usher announces Columbia ... (Feb '11) Feb '11 Burton 2

Cleveland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cleveland Mortgages