Forbes: Buffalo among 'fastest-dying' cities in US

Full story: Newsday 12
Buffalo has made Forbes magazine's list of what it calls the nation's 10 fastest-dying cities. Full Story
peter

Buffalo, NY

#1 Aug 7, 2008
It also has some of the fastest growing suburbs. If you look at the entire area its biger then areas such as calgarys,edmingtons and raleighs. This whole metropolitan has droped 3.50% in 7 years because of buffalo losing some people witch is not a big number considering areas like pittsburgh have droped 3.20%. Buffalo has slowed down its poulation deficit. Its a great place, I love it and will stand by it untill the day I die.
Michael Scott

Buffalo, NY

#2 Aug 7, 2008
Well put....its nice to see a post start off positively for a change. Go bills!
peter

Buffalo, NY

#4 Aug 7, 2008
sanchez wrote:
The towns been dead for years. Bills sux.
Why dont you go give a sanchez to someone in brooklyn. Go sabres, Go bills
Buffalo WHAT A MESS

San Diego, CA

#5 Aug 8, 2008
HI Everyone,
As much as I would like to disagree with the Forbes article, THEY ARE RIGHT!!!!!!! BUFFALO HAS HAD IT!!!!!!!!!!
I spent most of my life in Buffalo and was an extreme Buffalo Booster for so many years. I can only say that BUFALO HAS HAD IT - IT IS DEAD AND DYING!!!!!
I now spend my life here in beautiful, sunny San Diego, California.
I am just another person who has had to leave there searching for a better life. I am one of 3 people who left marginal job ther, and drove all the way to California seaching for a better life - we all worked together for them same company in tha horrible Buffalo economy and all INDEPENDENTY decided that driving all this way was a car better choice than staying there in that horrible economy.
I ran a very successful business in Buffalo for over 18 years, and have very sadly watched that city die. I'm really upset that I had to waste so much of my life there - THE LEADERS THERE FOR OVER 30 YEARS HAVE DONE NOTHING TO IMPROVE OR BUILD OUR ECONOMY, AND NOW I TOO AM ANOTHER CASUALTY THAT HAS JUST HAD TO LEAVE THAT CITY THAT I ONCE LOVED SO MUCH.
Sadly now, my best advice to EVERYONE is to RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!!!! I wasted far to much time in my life believing that Buffalo was goijng to be OK, but I was wrong - the city is finished and I am really upset that I wasted so much of my life hoping it was going to come back.
Agani, I have to say to everyone: GET OUT NOW - BEFORE YOU WASTE ANY MORE OF YOUR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!
Bob Rushok
Buffalo WHAT A MESS

San Diego, CA

#6 Aug 8, 2008
peter wrote:
It also has some of the fastest growing suburbs. If you look at the entire area its biger then areas such as calgarys,edmingtons and raleighs. This whole metropolitan has droped 3.50% in 7 years because of buffalo losing some people witch is not a big number considering areas like pittsburgh have droped 3.20%. Buffalo has slowed down its poulation deficit. Its a great place, I love it and will stand by it untill the day I die.
HI Everyone,

As much as I would like to disagree with the Forbes article, THEY ARE RIGHT!!!!!!! BUFFALO HAS HAD IT!!!!!!!!!!

I spent most of my life in Buffalo and was an extreme Buffalo Booster for so many years. I can only say that BUFALO HAS HAD IT - IT IS DEAD AND DYING!!!!!

I am just another person who has had to leave there searching for a better life. I am one of 3 people who left marginal job ther, and drove all the way to California seaching for a better life - we all worked together for them same company in tha horrible Buffalo economy and all INDEPENDENTY decided that driving all this way was a car better choice than staying there in that horrible economy.

I ran a very successful business in Buffalo for over 18 years, and have very sadly watched that city die. I'm really upset that I had to waste so much of my life there - THE LEADERS THERE FOR OVER 30 YEARS HAVE DONE NOTHING TO IMPROVE OR BUILD OUR ECONOMY, AND NOW I TOO AM ANOTHER CASUALTY THAT HAS JUST HAD TO LEAVE THAT CITY THAT I ONCE LOVED SO MUCH.

Sadly now, my best advice to EVERYONE is to RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!!!! I wasted far to much time in my life believing that Buffalo was goijng to be OK, but I was wrong - the city is finished and I am really upset that I wasted so much of my life hoping it was going to come back.

Agani, I have to say to everyone: GET OUT NOW - BEFORE YOU WASTE ANY MORE OF YOUR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!

Bob Rushok

Since: Jul 08

Buffalo, NY

#7 Aug 9, 2008
For me, the story is the reverse. I came here and started a new life, with a better job. I have done well here and my salary has increased. I was able to have more children than I would have had living in a larger city where real estate and other expenses are at such a premium. When I look at my friends who have stayed in or moved to the larger cities like New York City, they all have either one child or no children at all. For me the suburbs are best, though I have friends who love certain areas of the inner city. In the WNY suburbs I can provide a nice life for my children for not much money and so to me it is the Promised Land. And I don't even care about the Bills or the Sabres. There are plenty of other things to do.
Diversity Dude

Trumbull, CT

#8 Aug 9, 2008
Hellary Clinton promised to help upstate New York, what happened?
Wheres Opie

Buffalo, NY

#9 Aug 9, 2008
As buffalo dies, all the riff raff have this idea to move down here into the southern tier. Our town that once could be compared to Mayberry, has now built low income apartments and pulled in trailers to house these losers. Franklinville and other surrounding towns are now white trash communities. I have lived here in the country for the past 40 years and up to this past weekend, I never saw graffiti in our town. I was sickened to see nazi and gang symbols spray painted all over the local businesses. Cocaine is now a huge problem here and houses that were once beautiful pieces of history are now falling apart because people from the city who moved in simply don't care. There is no pride. Keep your welfare/baby breeding asses in the city and stop ruining our peaceful towns!
Life Coach

Niagara Falls, NY

#10 Aug 9, 2008
Wmsvl Gal wrote:
For me, the story is the reverse. I came here and started a new life, with a better job. I have done well here and my salary has increased. I was able to have more children than I would have had living in a larger city where real estate and other expenses are at such a premium. When I look at my friends who have stayed in or moved to the larger cities like New York City, they all have either one child or no children at all. For me the suburbs are best, though I have friends who love certain areas of the inner city. In the WNY suburbs I can provide a nice life for my children for not much money and so to me it is the Promised Land. And I don't even care about the Bills or the Sabres. There are plenty of other things to do.
MILF!!!!
peter

Buffalo, NY

#13 Aug 12, 2008
Buffalo WHAT A MESS wrote:
HI Everyone,
Bob Rushok
Wow man why dont you go surf dude. I could care less about sweaty California, I love everything about Buffalo and will never leave. What ever you caint do in the city you can do in one of the many suburbs. If you loved Buffalo so much you would have never left for the quick buck , and if you had any pride for it at all you wouldent have posted this trash.
mrushok

Rochester, NY

#15 Dec 18, 2008
Buffalo WHAT A MESS wrote:
HI Everyone,
Bob Rushok
hey bob, you should see what they are doin to us now!!! if they can find a way to tax somethin they will, this is gettin really bad here just look at the buffalo news and see for yourself. glad to hear that your doin good on the other coastand i wish i was there, just look at the weather here and you'll see why. good luck your cuz from buff
mrushok

Rochester, NY

#16 Dec 18, 2008
hey bob, you should see what they are doin to us now!!! if they can find a way to tax somethin they will, this is gettin really bad here just look at the buffalo news and see for yourself. glad to hear that your doin good on the other coastand i wish i was there, just look at the weather here and you'll see why. good luck your cuz from buff

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cleveland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
snitch of the beach 2 hr Conklincolt 5
Joel G (Aug '13) 20 hr Conklincolt 13
Meth lab busted in Sylvan Beach as house deemed... 22 hr insider 55
Bridgeport fly fisherman wins 'Fishin' with Fig... 23 hr gear 1
Josh Stimpson Autumn Schneider (Feb '14) Tue ashleymarie 27
Cash Tue conklincolt 10
swingers convention (Feb '12) Mon Conklincolt the r... 16
Cleveland Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web